Episode 10: Luhan (Telekinesis)

Exo Prelude

A young boy slowly making through the thick bushes in the forest and eventually found himself surrounded by beautiful Sakura trees with all the Sakura blooming. As the young boy was mesmerized by them, he spotted a peach tree with many delicious-looking ripe peaches.He tried to grab the one that closest to him but the it was still too high for him.

The boy pouted and wished the peach would fall on the ground.

Then in an instant a peach suddenly broke from its stalk and slowly falling into the ground, towards the boy, slowly as the time goes by the momentum become slow and slowly it landed on the boy's hand as he reach out to catch it.

The boy was exited and he begin to enjoy the peach. As he happily walked away, they boy gave another look to the peach tree.

"Thank you so much Mr. Fairy!"

 

That was I thought when I was young.

But there was no Mr. Fairy.

 

Every since I can remember. I can make things happened by just wishing. By just thinking.I can move things, I can destroy thing. And my (survival) instinct told me to keep quiet about it. Even from my family.

For many tears of my early life I had been using my power for harmless, mischievous pranks, but I tried not to go overboard, otherwise my secret will be out.

But that one summer, my whole life changed.

 


 

"Luhan! Luhan!"

 

Luhan looked over his shoulder and he can see a slim-build young girl with long, well-build legs running towards him. "You forgotten this". She handed out a sun-blocking lotion.

Luhan snickered as he grabbed the bottle, much to the annoyance of the girl. "You know I don't really need this but thanks anyway". The girl pouted "You know you have beautiful and fair skin that cause envy to any girls so you better take a good care of it!"

Luhan snickered again and mischievously squinted his eyes "So you're jealous eh?"

The girl's face instantly turned red, when without warning she begin to hit to Luhan at the back as Luhan begin to giggle loudly. "Ai yah Mei Yi! There's no need to be embarrassed about it!"

 

"Shut up Luhan. Just shut up!"

 

Mei Yi then walked away, annoyed. Luhan shook his head and giggling. Ah cousin Mei you never changed he sighed. Luhan proceed to join with the rest of his family at a shadowy spot under the tree by the seaside while Mei returned to their van to retrieved several more items. Luhan humming happily as he set up the umbrella.

Luhan turned over his shoulder and saw some of his siblings were happily playing with the sands, only to realized his youngest sister, 4-years-old Hanli is nowhere to be seen. He then can hear his mother scream frantically looking for her. He got himself up and begin to search for Hanli as well.

He heard his mother screaming again. Following the direction his mother looking he can see little Hanli running through the road, chasing a runaway plastic ball. From the distance a large truck speeding fast towards Hanli.

 

Noooooooo!!!!!!

 

Luhan ran towards the road and raised his left hand.

 

Booooooooooommm!!!!!!

 

In an instant the truck was violently smashed into pieces as it violently being pushed away from the road, away from Hanli. The truck flied into the air and landed almost 50 meter away. Grey smokes begin to emerge from the truck.

Little Hanli was shocked and begin to cry. Her mother picked her up and watched Luhan in horror. Luhan looked around and realized all his family members had eyewitness the incident. Most of his female family relatives cupped their mouths in horror.

Luhan looked at wrecked truck, he can see the lifeless body of the truck driver dangling from the broken windshield. He then slowly at his hands, and was horrified with what he had done, even he was intended to save his little sister.

 


 

"Here's your dinner"

 

Sitting on the bed with a novel at his hands Luhan smiled as Mei placed his dinner on the table. “Thank cousin Mei”

However Mei did not smile back. She looked her surrounding, Luhan’s room, or to be precise it's actually a storage room, situated few meters away from the main house. With the size of 40 feet square, it's appears to be a bit comfy with all the cozy furniture in it. There's only one window to the whole room, and that was grilled. At one of the corner there's a small room, recently installed, act as a bathroom, fully equipped with lavatory and shower. The whole room is nothing more like a cellar, jail for someone who had commit horrible crime

 

“You better eat your dinner now cousin Luhan”

“I will, once I settle with this book”

“But they will get cold!”

“Alright, alright”

 

Luhan closed his book, get himself up, stretched his back, and proceed to the study table where Mei had placed his dinner. Luhan studied his dinner; they looked more grand than usual; instead of typical mushroom soup or Chinese noodles and a glass of warm water, this dinner consisted of fried rice mixed with eggs, carrots and onion, served alongside with several small pieces of Peking Duck and spinach, there was also a small bowl of yeesang and a warm cup of herbal rainforest tea.

Luhan looked at Mei, “You cooked them?”

Mei blushed. “Yes…..”

Luhan smiled at his embarrassed cousin and begin to take a bite. "It's delicious". Despite the compliment, Mei somehow sensed Luhan is upset, "Cousin Luhan....are you ok?"

Luhan wiped his watery eyes, "Ah it was nothing cousin Mei, a bit touched I admit"

Mei sighed. "You shouldn't let them do this to you! You're not a criminal! You're a savior! You saved Hanli!"

Luhan snapped, "Hush Mei! I told you not to talk about this again!". Mei was stunned. She look away, clearly upset. "Good night cousin Luhan..."

Mei slowly closed the door behind. Luhan continued to eat his dinner, then slowly he begin to recalled the aftermath of the beach incident.

 


 

"Father stop!"

 

Luhan struggled as he being strapped all his four limbs with rope on a wooden chair in the attic. His father placing talismans on the walls. His mother only standing at the door, weeping silently.

"Til the demon out from your body you will stay in this room". Luhan begin to cry, "Father stop! It's not demon, father! Mother! Help me mother!"

His mother continue to weep. "Mother! Father! Its telekinesis! I had it since child! I know I should had tell you guys before! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

"BE QUIET!!" roared Luhan's father. Luhan stunned, and stared at his father in disbelieved. "Father....."

His father placed the last talisman on the window. He then proceed to the door, gently pushed his wife outside. He gave a glance to Luhan before slowly closing the door.

 

"Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

 

Bam!

 

The door shut closed. The attic become eerie silent, and only a single bulb illuminating the room. Luhan begin to weep. Although he can actually easily destroy the wooden chair and anything holding him and escape the attic with his telekinesis, he didn't dare to do anything, fearing it will make things worse between him and his family.

Luhan eventually fell asleep.

 


 

Kraaaaaakk

 

Luhan slowly opened his sleepy eyes. Slowly opening the door is his cousin Mei and his two sisters, little Hanli and Xiaji.

"Oppa! Oppa!" little Hanli rushed to Luhan. "Oppa! Who did this to you? Has oppa been bad?" Xiaji grabbed Hanli, "Hush Hanli don't say that! Oppa hasn't been bad". Hanli looked confused, "But then why oppa being tied up?"

Mei slowly untying Luhan but Luhan stopped her, "Don't! Let it be!". Mei looked at Luhan in disbelieved, "Why??". But before Luhan could answer, little Hanli suddenly hugged Luhan, "Oppa thank you for saving me back there. Oppa was daebak!"

Luhan was surprised, but then slowly smiling, "You think so? Don't you think oppa is scary instead?". Hanli shook her head and smiled to Luhan. "But oppa...why you being tied up?"

 

"About this Hanli....I....."

"WHAT ARE YOU GIRLS DOING HERE?!!!"

Luhan watched in horror as his father standing at the door. "I SAID, WHAT ARE YOU GIRLS DOING HERE?!"

"Father" Xiaji begin, "Oppa didn't do anything wrong, I....."

"Silent Xiaji!" roared her father, "You should know better not to bring your sister up here!!". "But he saved Hanli!" protested Xiaji, "A demon wouldn't do that!"

"Xiaji!!" Her father lifted his arm, preparing to slap her. Luhan become horrified. Stoooooop!!

 

Suddenly his father froze. Luhan had successfully telekinetically stopped his father from slapping Xiaji. "Don't you touch Xiaji or anyone, father...."

Luhan's father clenched his teeth, "It's the demon, Luhan, it's still inside you"

"It's telekinesis father, telekinesis" Luhan begged his father to listen, "I f I concentrate hard enough I can make things move. There are other people out there who can do what I can do"

But his father wasn't moved, "No Luhan, it's the unholy spirit inside you making you go against me"

Luhan heard enough; suddenly small tremor can be felt in the room and the light bulb begin to flicker and can be seen clearly dangling as the result of the tremor. Xiaji and Hanli hugged each other as the cowered in fear. Mei could only watched from the back of Luhan, also terrified at the sudden tremor. Then Luhan simply snapped, "Can't you understand me father???!!"

 

Praaaaaaaaannngg!!!!

 

Suddenly all windows in the attic smashed into pieces; Xiaji and Hanli screamed as the ducked for cover, Mei cupped her ears and kneeled as she tried to protected herself fom the flying glasses, while Luhan's father watched in horror.

Luhan was also terrified and shocked with what he had just done. He could had hurt his sisters and Mei. As Luhan stared on the floor and by now he realized his power is out of control. Indeed inside him there's a demon. His inner demon.

Luhan lifted his head and stared directly to his father. Swiftly, but gently he telekinetically dragged his father outside. "Get out from this room" ordered Luhan, "Get out now!"

Without saying a word, Xiaji, Hanli and Mei left the room. Mei gave a quick glanced to Luan before stepping outside. When everyone outside, Luhan telekinetically slammed the door shut and locked the door. He then stared back to the floor and without he realizing it, tears begin to slowly rolled from his eyes.

 


 

"Grandpa is coming?"

 

Mei placed several ironed shirts into the wardrobe. "Yes, I heard he will be coming in three days time, you know, for the annual family gathering"

Luhan felt agitated, "What are they going to tell him about me? I'm sure he will ask around regarding my absent" - Being his favorite grandson, Luhan knows too well that his grandfather will be going around looking for him. He feared that if his grandfather found out the truth he may avoid Luham like the rest of the most family members. "Did he found out the truth anyway?"

Mei shook her head. "I don't think so, and I don't think they planned to let him know either"

Luhan took a deep sighed of relief, "Then what are they planning to tell him?".

"They're telling you had the urgency to return to Korea - the Yonsei university had called you back to settle some exam result misunderstanding"

"That's sounds legit" Luhan sarcastically remarked. Mei nodded, "I know"

 


 

Luhan peeped outside the grilled window. Earlier his father had come to see him,  not to visit him but to ordered him not o switch on the lights while his father is staying. He wanted to avoid his father from discovering Luhan locked within the storeroom.

Luhan could not help but to bend one of the grills enable him to peeped his head outside. Finally from the distance Luhan can see a large, majestic white tent where he assume the family gathering being held. Most of the family members attending are unaware of Luhan's telekinetic ability and the recent accident and he can tell his father intend to keep it that way.

Why? murmured Luhan. He thought with modern days like now people should had be more aware these kind of things, but no, this wasn't the case. He still wasn't sure why his open-minded modern father that he had always known somehow reacted completely different to his telekinesis. Did something happened before? Something he didn't know?

Luhan looked away and slammed himself on the bed. Rather bored he telekinetically levitated all the books in his room/cellar, making them spinning above him. Then he moved them aside and as he turned to sleep, all the books crashed on the floor.

Luhan closed his eyes and soon he fallen asleep

 


 

Kraaaaaaaaaaaak!!!

 

Luhan opened his eyes. That horrible sound again! Luhan cupped his ears, believing he's having the nightmare of the beach incident.

 

Kraaaaaaaaaaaak!!!

 

Another sound can be heard, By this time Luhan realized it wasn't a nightmare, he rushed to the window and peeped outside. To his horror he saw the tent was on fire and some of the structures begin to fail. Luhan then can see some of his young relatives still cowering in fear under the tables while the adults desperately trying to save them. He also saw turned-over BBQ grill where he assume the catalyst of the disaster.

Luhan rushed to the storeroom metal door and effortlessly telekinetically ripped it off. Without even wearing his shoes Luhan rushed to the tent, raised his hand and telekinetically pushed the fire away from everyone. Some of the relatives saw Luhan and was surprised to see him but their attention almost immediately shifted back to the fire.

Luhan then spotted his grandfather attempting to grab one of his two grandchildren out from the under table when Luhan saw a pole above his grandfather is loosely dangling and will fall at anytime soon.

 

Plak!

 

Noooooo!!! Luhan rushed to his grandfather, "Grandpa look out!!!"

His grandfather turned towards Luhan and was shocked to see him. Then he looked up and realized the pole is falling towards him.

Luhan raised his hand and the pole was thrown away before it could reach his grandfather. Luhan eventually reached his grandfather, only by now he realized his feet had badly burn after he ran through the heat and fire in barefoot. The pain was unbearable but he ignored it.

"Luhan!" gasped his grandfather, "I thought you were at..."

"Later grandpa!" hushed Luhan, "We need to get out from here!" 

Luhan and his grandfather eventually managed to pulled out the two children when they heard a blasting sound. Luhan looked up and saw the gas tank of the BBQ grill had exploded and the huge explosion moving fast towards them. His grandfather backed himself to the fire and place his two grandchildren under him. Luhan rushed to his grandfather's back and raised his two hands.

 

Swooooooossshh!!!

 

The raging fire somehow halted right before Luhan, as if there's an invisible wall had prevented it from advancing. The fire was very intense and Luhan begin to feel the strain of overusing his power. He can feel the wall s slowly failing and he can feel the fire slowly burning his palms. Luhan begin to scream in agony but he continue to hold off the fire, for the sake of his grandfather and other relatives that stood behind him.

The fire eventually cold down and Luhan used his remaining strength to put out all the fires telekinetically. Luhan slumped on the floor, writhed in pain. Suddenly Luhan felt strong hands held him hard. Luhan turned and saw his father holding his burned hands tightly.

"It's hurt father! It's hurt!!" screamed Luhan but his father ignored him and continue to hold Luhan. 

 

Dussshhh!

 

Suddenly Luhan heard a loud dush sound and realized nobody is holding him anymore. He then saw his father crashing hard on the ground. Luhan turned over and saw his grandfather standing behind him, fiercely staring at his son.

"After he saved our lufe is this how you treat him??!" roared Luhan's grandfather. He then gently help Luhan on his feet but Luhan fell on the ground again as the pain of his burned feet become unbearable. His grandfather ended up lifting him into his arms, carrying him.

Luhan's father trying to get on his feet, "No father! You don't understand! Luhan is...."

 

"Silent!"

 

Luhan's father gulped. His father stared at him sternly, "I can see you still traumatized with what your brother had done and you're unleashing them on your son"

Luhan was shocked. His brother? My uncle? What's going on here??

"From now on I will take care of Luhan. No one is allow to touch him. No one!"

With that order he carried Luhan into the house, while Luhan's father and other relatives could only watch. Little Hanli followed behind her grandfather, followed by Xiaji and Mei.

 


 

"You look good!"

 

Luhan turned. A trail of black smokes slowly disappearing and stood between the smokes is someone Luhan is very familiar with.

"Kai, it's been awhile"

Kai placed a lunch box on the table, "I thought I want to give you one of our home cooked food but I can see you're ready to much more grander event". Luhan looked at himself, donned in fine-tailored black suit, his hair is nicely swiped to the left side. "I have a business dinner with my grandfather tonight"

Kai noticed Luhan's bandaged hands, "What happened to you?". Luhan looked at his hands, "Oh, it's a long story"

"You really doing great" Kai studied his surrounding, unlike last time, Luhan's current room in his grandfather mansion is majestic, they looked like a five-stars hotel room. Luhan smiled, "I knew you might come and visit me so that's why I left my new address note on my old 'room'. I'm glad you noticed it"

Kai smiled back, then he took out his phone and showed to Luhan, "Fantastic wasn't it?". Luhan examined the pictures inside the phone; it's beautiful ice sculptures hanging from the cliff. "Wasn't this at Changsa?"

Kai become exited, "Ah so you know this?". Luhan passed the phone back to Kai, "It's everywhere in the net. Did you took them?". Kai slipped his phone into his pocket, "Yeah, me and Sehun. We went there to have a look for ourselves"

 

"Sehun?"

"A new boy just moved onto my hometown. Like us, he also have special powers"

Luhan's eyes widened, "Really?"

Kai nodded, "He can manipulate wind"

 

Luhan was exited, and wanted to know more of Sehun but then he heard a knock on the door, "Luhan, are you ready?"

"Oh it's my grandfather. I thnk I should be going"

"No problem, just try the home cooked dinner once you got the chance"

Then in an instant Kai disappeared, leaving behind trails of black smokes. Luhan opened the door, standing before him is his grandfather, smiling as he sees Luhan, "Shall we get going?". Luhan nodded and the two men proceed to the car awaiting them outside.

 


 

Luhan studied his surrounding; the majestic ballroom filled with grand decorations and lighting, most people donned in elegant tuxedos and evening gowns. Luhan still in disbelieved with his current life; it was only few weeks ago he was locked in a storeroom, occasionally being tormented by his father so-called-exorcism.

After being 'rescued' by his grandfather, Luhan had learned that his uncle, his father's older brother also possessed telekinesis. But unlike Luhan, he had failed to control his power and wrecked havoc. Luhan didn't know what actually had happened to his uncle but there's a several hints that he had been shot to death to prevent further terror. Luhan eventually understand his father's actions to him and forgive him.

 

"Luhan!"

 

Luhan turned over his shoulder. His grandfather waved to him, calling him to come over. From far Luhan can see his grandfather is standing with several men, including one that looks like his age. Luhan greeted them.

One of them eventually introduced Luhan to the man that looks like same age with Luhan, he was wearing brilliant white tuxedo and like Luhan, his blond hair is neatly swiped to the left side. They looked almost identical, except Kris is towering Luhan by many, "This is my son, Kris. He is looking forward to start business partnership with your family  in Korea"

Luhan exchanged handshake with Kris.

As they adults begin to have their own conversation, Luhan and Kris stepped out and went to a corner for themselves.

 

"What happened to your hand?"

Luhan looked at his hands again. He had been hearing this question for many times by now, "It's a long story".

As a waiter passed them, Kris stopped him, took a glass of wine for himself, and passed another to Luhan, "I heard you're a Yonsei university student?"

"Indeed I'am"

"But I do understand you halted your studies for a semester. Why is that?"

Luhan felt uncomfortable, that is because the period of four months he was imprisoned, "I have my reason..."

 

Kris took a sipped, "You're not the only one with special powers you know"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I know your story. There's been some rumors regarding you and your family" he took another sipped, "But I don't take it as rumors". He closed his face to Luhan, "I'm also one of your people. I'm here not only looking for business partnership, I'm also looking for people with special powers like me, I'm sure there's more people like us out there"

 

Kris let out of his hand, "Will you join me?"

 

Luhan was bewildered. Had never occurred to him he would meet anyone else with special power interested of recruiting him. He stared at Kris, then at Kris's hand before finally accept it. Kris smiled, "Good! Head to Korea shall we? I had someone important to look for"

And so do I thought Luhan. His mind is thinking of Kai, and he is also looking forward to meet the boy Kai had just mentioned.

Sehun.