Episode 02: D.O (Terrakinesis)

Exo Prelude

 

"D.O hyung!"
 
D.O can feel a strong hand touched his right shoulder. He turned and saw Kai, smiling as usual. Kai lifted his right hand, revealing a lunch box. "Here's your order hyung"
 
"Oh!" D.O apparently had forgotten his order. D.O slipped his hand into his pocket to grab his wallet when he remembered something. "Uh Kai....I accidentally left my money, can I pay you later?"
 
"Sure no problem hyung". Kai placed the lunch box on D.O's table. Kai noticed D.O's sad face. "D.O hyung, you don't need to feel too upset about it. It's ok. Unless...." Kai bowed to get cliser to D.O, "Unless things I've been hearing recently are true"
 
D.O is taken aback. "What you been hearing recently?"
 
Kai shrugged his shoulder. "Some things. About those bullies. You know". D.O swollen his saliva and try to mantain cool. "Oh that. Nah I'm fine". Kai is not convinced. "You should do something about it. And about yourself hyung"
 
D.O squinted his eyes. "Meaning?"
 
"You're too shy for your own good. I can bet that the class would not even noticed if you are missing for a day or two. You should socialized more often. Heck if not because your family been regular to my restaurant I also wouldn't noticed you". D.O gave Kai a look. Kai then corrected hiself, "I mean, my family restaurant....."
 
"I'll be fine" D.O sighed. "You don't have to worry..."
 
Kai shooked his head. "Whatever then hyung". Kai then glanced at his watch. "Gotta go. Lunch time almost over. You better eat your lunch now"
 
Kai left D.O alone in the classroom. D.O put aside his novel and begin to eat. D.O reflected what had happend to him few weeks earlier. He was walking to school and when he used one of the lonely alleys when he was stopped by a group of people. D.O become pale when he realised they are the infamous bullies at his school.
 
One of them approach D.O, apparently the leader, demand money from D.O. Trembling D.O gave some but the bullies were not satisfied and ransacked his bag. They eventually discovered D.O's wallet in his bag and took all his money. D.O was devestated. Ever since then the bullies often somehow managed to find him despite every now and then he been using different road to school.
 
 

 

Few days later D.O walked home. To his horror, the bullies were waiting for him from at one of the alleys.
 
"Look who's here? Isn't it the no mouth boy"
 
D.O bit his lips. He turned and begin to walked away. Suddenly he felt a strong hand grabbed his left shoulder, preventing him from leaving.
 
"Hey! You not even say Hi to us". D.O turned, trembling from fear. Continue the leader, "What do you have for us today boy?". D.O shook his head, in a low and weak voice he replied, "I have nothing...."
 
The leader smirked. "Ah typical answer. Boys!". The other bullies begin to ransacked D.O's bag again. D.O could do nothing but to watch. "Boss! He got nothing!"
 
The leader looked displeased. He grabbed D.O's collar. "Don't try to be funny boy!". In stammering voice D.O replied, "I told you I have nothing". Unsatisfied, the leader punch hard on D.O's abdomen. D.O slumped on the ground. He then proceed to kick D.O at the abdomen area. D.O let out a cry.
 
Suddenly they hear a voice. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
 
They turned and saw a boy. D.O studied the bou school uniform. It's different from his and looks rather expensive. D.O assume the boy is one of the students from the elite school nearby.
 
"Look who we have here". A smile appeared onthe leader's face. "Looks like we gonna have something afterall". D.O become worried but he was too frightened to say a word. The bullies approached the boy. The boy gave the bullies an angry look. Run whispered D.O.
 
One of the bullies grabbed the boy's hand, but to his shock, the boy easily twisted his hand and the next thing he know he was slammed on the ground. The other bullies was shocked. The leader become furious, "So you think you are strong heh?!". He hurled towards the boy. The boy avoids the leader and grabbed his hand and slammed him on the ground. The leader groaned in pain on the ground. The other bullies were hesitated to move. The boy looked at them strenly. "Anyone else?" Threathed the boy. The bullies ran away. The leader and the other bullies get on their feet and ran away as well.
 
D.O watched with amzement. He then realised the fighting style is hapkido. The boy looked so small and fragile, and yet he showcased such a bravery and strength. The boy turned to D.O and offered his hand, "Are you alright?"
 
D.O took the boy hand and get himself up. He groaned a bit as he hold his abdomen. "Yeah, I think so". D.O looked at his items on the ground and begin to pick them. The boy help along.
 
There were silent so the boy begin, "I guess I was lucky that today I suddenly have the urge to eat topokki. I heard the topokki they sell around here is rather delicious". D.O looked at the boy. He assume the boy meant Kai's family restaurant.
 
D.O placed all his items in his bag. "I think I should be going. I'm going to be late for my hapkido class". The boy then walked away. D.O called back, "Thanks for the trouble....er..."
 
"It's Baekhyun" replied the boy as he turned his head over shoulder. "No problem by the way" he smiled as he walked away.
 
 

 

"D.O! Are you okay? Did you fall?"
 
D.O looked at his worried mother.
 
Not wanting to worried her, D.O lied, "Yea...."
 
"Take off your uniform, I'm going to wash them now. Honestly young man you ought to be more careful"
 
D.O nodded weakly as he walked to his room. Afterwards as he D.O headed to bathroom, he passed his mother his uniform. D.O took a long shower, reflecting what had happended today.
 
Back to his room, as D.O done preparing himself, he sat on his study table, took out his exersice books. D.O tried to forget everyhting when he felt a sharp pain on his abdomen. He recalled Baekhun, and how the young man fought the bullies. I wish I was strong. D.O seized his pencil squeezed hard as he endure the pain. The pencil eventually broke into two pieces.
 
 

 

For the past few days D.O didn't encountered the bullies. Thinking the bullies might finally gave up. d.O took a deep sight of relief when he suddenly felt a strong hand grabbed his shoulder, jerking his body. D.O gulped and before he could turn to have a look he was slammed hard to the alley wall.
 
"Well, well, looks who we have here? Where's your precious bodyguard"
 
"I dunno" stammered D.O. The leader is not satisfied and slammd D.O hard on the wall. D.O writhed in pain. "Listen here boy! Do you have any idea what we've been through in the past few day? Pain I'm telling you! Pain!"
 
D.O clenched his teeth. So am I D.O thought himself, somehow this time he felt anger, not fear. D.O gave the leader a sharp stare.
The leader noticed D.O's sharp stare and felt uncomfortable. "Stop giving me that look!" Shouted the leader as he punch D.O to the face. D.O crashed on the ground. The leader then grabbed D.O by the collar, "If you gave me another look like that, I will break your fingers!"
 
"Maybe it's your fingers that will break first" mumured D.O
 
"Huh?"
 
D.O suddenly exploded, "I HAVE ENOUGH OF THIS!!"
 
D.O grabbed the leader's hand and twisted it. The leader gave out a cry. D.O ignored it and throwed the leader away, like Baekhyun, but much further. The other bully tried to puch D.O but D.O easily stopped the bully's fist with his hand. The next thing the bully realised he was up in the air and crashed hard inside someone's lawn. D.O had thrown him high up in the air. Very high.
 
The leader got himself up and was scared. He had never seen D.O being strong. Despite that, he tried to punch D.O but again D.O stopped the Leader's fist with his hand, and slammed the leader on the ground again. D.O then proceed to stomp the fallen leader but the leader managed to rolled away.
 
BAAAAAAAAM!!!
 
Below's D.O's feet the ground cracked. A large cracks. And a car nearby had it's windsheild cracked as well. The bullies got scared and ran away, with the leader followed from behind. D.O stand still, panted heavily as he studied the ground below him.
 
D.O recalled yesterday incident. After he broke his pencil into two pieces, he realized he did not feel pain from it.
 
 

 

D.O lay on the grasses on the hill nearby his house. He got himself up and walked towards boulders nearby. He remembered there's been a landslide recently and the boulders must be form it. D.O choosed the biggest boulder and after a few moment of standing still, D.O punched the boulder.
 
BAAAAAAAAAMMM!!!
 
The boulder smashed into pieces. D.O felt no pain.
 
 

 

"You look better lately!"
 
D.O turned. Kai smiling mischievously as he waved D.O's order.
 
D.O gave Kai a slight smile "Never felt better"
 
"Ah! you're smiling hyung! Now that's rare!"
 
D.O's face become red. He never thought anyone who actually noticed him. "Hey don't get funny idea D.O! Everyone noticed that you know!". D.O scratch his head. "Do they?". Kai sighed. "Anyway, I'm off to send some orders" Kai waved another lunch box. "pparently  I have new costumer in the school. A new kid from the countryside. Err...what was his name again? Hun? Sehun? Ah never mind, I'm off first!"
 
D.O begin to eat his lunch. He admitted, he does felt good.
 
 

 

D.O passed the same alley again. No sign of the bullies. But D.O now know even if he bumped into them again, he no longer afraid. Suddenly D.O have a weird sensation. He felt a movement beneath his feet. He felt as if he is feeling the Earth movement. D.O felt disoriented. D.O got hold of himself, and felt a violent movement from the hill he rested recently.
 
D.O felt horrified. Is there going to be another landslide?
 
 

 

D.O arrived to the hill. The tremor he been experiencing is getting stronger. Based on the movement he felt right now, the landslide will occurs on the housing area. And D.O knew some people who lives there, some of them are his classmates. Then without warning, the first landslide occurred.
 
No! The tremor was rather strong and D.O slipped. As D.O watched in horror, he keep wishing if he can do something. Stop! Stop! Stop! D.O kept wishing. STOP! D.O heart screamed.
 
Then ahead of the landslide, the Earth suddenly shoved up, preventing the landslide moving further. D.O bewildered. Did I did that? Somehow his inner feelings told him so. After all many unexplained things happend recently. Then D.O heard another dreadful noise. Another landslide!
 
Although D.O could not make out anything, his inner feelings urge him that he can stop the lindslide. D.O concentrated. The Earth shot up again to stop the second landslide. This time the Earth gave a movement of a shape of C, as if it was a cup holding water. D.O could not feel any tremor or movement from the ground. He assume the landslide is over.
 
 

 

"Did you heard yesterday incident?"
 
D.O saw Kai, this time with an unfamiliar by with him. Kai noticed D.O curious eyes and turned to look at the boy by his side. "Oh sorry, D.O, this is Sehun, he's the new kid from the countryside". Sehun squinted his eyes. "Actually I was born here, then because if my father job we moved to the countryside"
 
Kai scratch his head with embrassing expression. D.O couldn't help but to giggle. "Oh what about yesterday?"
 
"Apparently there's been a landslide nearby, you know the hill area nearby? Where there used to be a landslide?"
 
D.O nodded. He knows to well actually.
 
"There's been a miracle. I mean, the Earth was like forming a hand shape and prevent the landslide from crashing into the housing area! How cool is that?!"
 
"Coincidentally I heard similar case in China recently" added Shun. "An old dam collapsed but the whole water frozen in mid air, preventing it to rushed into the housing area. I saw some pictures. The water had become some sort beautiful sculpture"
 
D.O wondered. Is there someone else with special powers like me? he then noticed Kai and Sehun. "You two surely close huh?"
 
Kai laughed. "Well, we both same aged". Then they heard the bell rang. "Well, got to go". Kai and Sehun left D.O. D.O can see they chattered as the slowly disappeared into repective classrooms.
 
D.O looked outside the window and wondered. Who else out there like me?