What are the odds?

Story about us

 

Recall: Sunny woke up from the accident after 6 days of coma. Taeyeon rarely left her shortie's side. 

 

 

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

 

I heard someone groan when I was about to get coffee at the lobby. I knew it was Sunny. I ran immediately to the bed side and started hand combing her hair.

 

 

 

"Sunny, I'm here" 

 

 

 

She looked at me as if she doesn't see me well. 

 

 

 

"Sunny? Taeyeon's here" 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry. Who are you?"

 

 

 

My eyes got big and my heart started beating fast so slowy removed my hand then I realized that maybe she is just joking so I played along.

 

 

 

"I'm Taeyeon-ah. Nice to meet you"

 

 

 

"Hello, What happend? Why am I here?"

 

 

 

I got a bit irritated when Sunny looked serious. I'm always the first one to give up on practical jokes and this joke was not one I want to continue. 

 

 

 

"Yah. What are you doing? Pretending not to me" I did some aegyo for her to give in also

 

 

 

"I'm sorry but I don't remember who you are"

 

 

 

"Sunny-ah! cut it out. It's not cool to pretend like you don't remember a thing" 

 

 

 

I sat down on the couch and looked at her. I was angry because I don't like these kinds of jokes. I rarely go with the flow but this was just to far and there is this possibility that she doesn't remember anything..`aish! taeyeon! of course sunny is just joking` then I saw Sunny indian sit on the bed and looked at her hands and was starting look sad and scared. 

 

 

 

"Excuse me, Miss but I really don't remember anything. All I remember was that I running across the street then I saw bright lights then I woke up here. Please help me. I really don't know what I am going to do"

 

 

 

As I heard Sunny say that she doesn't remember a thing, I knew now that she wasn't joking. My Sunny looked very scared of the things happening at what is worse she doesn't remember. My hearts hurts. It's like a prickly sensation in the chest that I also felt when Jessica said those awful words. 

 

 

"I'm Taeyeon-ah. I'm.." I'm over thinking on how I should present myself `Say your her girlfriend. Say your her girlfriend.

Say it!`

 

 

 

"I'm your girlfriend" I smile awkwardly 

 

 

 

I pressed the button to call the doctor in.

 

 

 

Sunny's POV

 

 

 

There is this girl. I feel bad because I do not remember her well. Last thing I remembered was that I was crossing the street  then here I am in the hospital in a big fancy hospital room. I have injections in my hands and I'm uneasy. I only remember a bit but a big part is just blank right now. Taeyeon is my girlfriend. Things were pretty awkward because I felt that she was awkward. I just don't understand why. 

 

 

*knock, knock*

 

 

 

Taeyeon opens the door. I lied down again so I would get comfortable. I saw a doctor coming in and Taeyeon talks to her first before they procceded with me. 

 

 

 

"How are you feeling today Ms. Lee?" 

 

 

 

"Uhm. I have a headache right now and I seem a litte dizzy also and I think I may have spaced out on a few things" 

 

 

 

The doctor looked at me and checked my eyes with a flash light then she looked at Taeyeon and started explaining.

 

 

 

"When we did the MRI and brain scan on Ms. Lee, we did not find any brain damage whatsoever but sometimes Ms. Kim, in some accidents memory loss can occur. In Ms. Lee's case not all of her memory is gone but only the general knowledge are intact like name, address etc, etc."

 

 

 

"But then how come Sunny cannot remember me?" Taeyeon said while tears are going down her face

 

 

 

"Some of the memory she may have lost are maybe from recent events. The past also can be blank but right now all of her present memory are erased but let us be glad that Ms. Lee is out of the coma. So far..." looking at me now

 

 

 

"your condition is very good. You can leave the hospital in two days time just continue with the treatment and I will see again Ms. Lee and Ms Kim"

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon tilted her head down and crossed her arms. She did not say goodbye to the doctor.

 

 

 

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV

 

 

 

I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I felt like it was a scary dream that my Sunny doesn't remember me at all. 

 

 

 

"Tae, are you okay?" 

 

 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just going to wash my face" 

 

 

 

I went to the bathroom and started crying silently. Everything was just flashing back. 6 days ago, Sunny asked me to be her girlfriend. Now she doesn't remember one bit of me. I told her I was her girlfriend because I didn't want to lie to her. I just have to think of the way to make her remember me and everything we did.  

 

 

 

*knock, knock* "Taeyeon-ah? Are you okay?" 

 

 

 

*knock, Knock* "Taeyeon-ah? come out. I may not remember well but I will try. Don't cry. I can hear you"

 

 

 

As I heard every word, I started to have faith. I wiped my face and went out after 5 minutes. I went to Sunny who was now sitting on the couch watching KBS Love Rain. She looked at me and I just stood there. 

 

 

 

"Come sit with me taeyeon, I want to ask a few questions" 

 

 

 

I went to get her blanket because it was cold and she was just wearing a hospital gown. I gave her the blanket and sat down beside her. She turned of the TV. 

 

 

 

"So, How did we meet?" She gave me that smile with that cute lip curl

 

 

 

"We met at a coffee shop. You were a barista there. I came from a bar audition to be a singer and looked for work all over town after my audition. I was tired and I looked stressed that I dropped all of my things and you were the one who helped me. Long story"

 

 

 

"How long have we been together?" now pouting her lips

 

 

 

"We have known each other for half a year but we have been in a relationship for 6 days" i smiled 

 

 

 

"What do I call you then aside from Taeyeon-ah?" she gives that mischiveous smile 

 

 

 

"Dork, Dorky Taeyeon......ahjumma" I went silent on the last word

 

 

 

She bursts from laughter "Yah?! Ahjumma? My Dorky Ahjumma. That's sounds cute Taeyeon-ah!" 

 

 

 

"Yah! it's not cute!" Laughing as well

 

 

 

Then I suddenly remembered that Tiffany girl. She needs to apologize to Sunny now. Since she is awake and okay now.

 

 

 

"Sunny-ah, I'm just going to make a call. Lie down on bed now and wait for your lunch." 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

 

I was having coffee with Jessica when I felt my phone ring. I saw the name it was Taeyeon calling then I remembered Sunny.

 

 

 

“Who is that calling?” Jessica asked slowly peeking on my phone

 

 

 

“Taeyeon-ssi, maybe Sunny is awake”

 

 

 

I felt Jessica’s aura and she seemed to jump when I said Taeyeon and Sunny.

 

 

 

“Are you okay Sica? Do you know these people?”

 

 

 

“Aniyo~” she gave me her smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ click! ~

 

Tiffany: Hello? Taeyeon-ssi? How are you?

 

Taeyeon: Hi Tiffany, I’m okay. In fact Sunny just woke up this morning. You can visit her later if you want. I’m just letting her rest since she has been in a coma for 6 days.

 

Tiffany: Oh, Arasso. I go there in the afternoon. I will text you when I’m on my way.

 

Taeyeon: Arasso, See you in a while. Byebye

 

 

~ Click! ~

 

 

 

 

“Oh thank God, Sunny-ssi is okay” I smiled happily to Jessica who had a very worried face.

 

 

 

“Jessica, I’m going to hospital later. Want to go with me? Just visiting a friend, if you’re not doing anything”

 

 

“Suresure! I’m not doing anything later!” she said smiling

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------- END CHAPTER --------------------