Adjustments

Giving the Best of Ourselves for the Best of Us.

 

Ara's POV:
 
"Hello?"
 
"Hello Newface!" A male voice entered my ear.
 
"Ah, Sang Woo-shi?" I took a lucky guess hoping I didn't guess wrong cause I'd look so foolish.
 
"Wow, were you already expecting me to call?" He sounded surprised and I laughed.
 
"I just guessed. I have caller ID for all my contacts and you're the only one without one so I discovered it couldn't be anybody else since I don't give out my number much." I defended myself to not make it seem like I was desperate or some sort cause I really wasn't.
 
"Tch. Look Newface, I was wondering if your like to grab lunch with me today." I can see his drop-dead smile listening to him.
 
"Um, sure. But did I just catch you giving me a nickname, Lee Sang Woo?" I questioned trying to act serious.
 
He probably fell for my tone cause the next thing he said, he sounded worried. "Sorry, did my jokes come too quick? I'm sorry."
 
"No need to be sorry, OPPA. I'm glad it's easy for us to get along." A mixture of laugh and smile filled me.
 
"Aish. Newface, your full of surprises. I'll come by to pick you up at 12. It gives you an hour to get ready!"
 
"Alright. See you then!"
 
I guess my new name is Newface, the name of my company. Sang Woo and his ways are priceless. I'm starting to enjoy having this guy around although its only going to be our second time together. I'm glad
that we were able to hit it off comfortably as friends.
 
 
 
 
"So where are we headed to?" I asked as we passed by the tall skyscrapers of Seoul.
 
"A secret place..."
 
"Why? Why can't we just go to a simple place out in the open. I'd love to see people go about their days. " I examined the people crossing the streets and the lights notifying cars to pass.
 
"It hasn't clicked to you yet, huh?" He chirped as if I was clueless which I was.
 
"What do you mean?" I didn't understand his comment. It didn't make sense to me.
 
"You're a celebrity now. You need to be careful where you go. There will be people who like you and some will do the opposite." He informed me. How could I be so dumb not to realize? It hasn't really got to me yet probably.
 
"Oh, right." I let him know that I now understood.
 
"Be careful not only where you go, but also who you're with." He pointed at himself and I chuckled.
 
"Mr. Lee Sang Woo, do I smell conceit coming from you?" I amused myself.
 
His eyes grew as if he was ready to defend himself for life. "It's not that!" He whined. "It's because there could be scandals! I really don't want us to be out in that situation." He pouted.
 
Still laughing, I replied shortly. "Ohh. Good cover."
 
"You have a lot to learn about your new life and I have a lot to teach." He revealed himself to look defeated. I pushed his arm lightly at his tease and we left our conversation there.
 
Sang Woo took be to a hidden restaurant near the outskirts of Seoul. Indeed, it was very secretive, but Sang Woo seemed like a regular customer. He knew the people who worked here and even some of those who dined in as well. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nichkhun's POV:
 
Wooyoung kept looking at me as I watched TV and I wondered what was his problem. Before I could ask him, he spoke up.
 
"Hyung, are you alright?"
 
"Yeah, I'm fine. Do I look bothered?" I asked about my appearance in character.
 
"Well, not exactly but I just wanted to know how you are after.....after our photoshoot the other day." He chose his word carefully.
 
Since he wasn't direct about what he meant, I took it simply. "I hope the pictures come out well since they're going to be on billboards." I switched from channel to channel.
 
"I meant Ara. How'd you feel after seeing her?" He jumped to the point now that I was overlooking his concern.
 
"He's fine, Wooyoung. He has nothing to do with her and she has nothing to so with him." Junho interrupted the conversation. Can I sense annoyance in him?
 
Wooyoung hid his face. "I just wanted to be sure."
 
I smiled at Wooyoung. "It's fine. I'm good where I'm at and she's good where she is." I looked at Junho this time. "Is something wrong Nunneo? Why do you sound upset?" 
 
"Hyung, Ara put you through so much. I don't think I can look at her the same. We watched you break down during that year and we heard you tear up almost every other night. You stopped eating, talking, and partying altogether. I've never seen you so hurt and down. Any girl who made you go through that, is she worth forgiving?"
 
 
 He let out a mouthful that I wasn't expecting. I patted his back. "It's okay. Was it that scary?" I chuckled in disbelief that I was that crazy. "Hyung is back to normal. I'm happy and we're all happy. Sorry to have made you all suffer, but that time is long gone now. Don't worry." 
 
Junho is the sensitive type and because during that time, he was the one who saw the ugly side of me come out most. The others saw too, but they were busier then the two of us back then. Taec had dramas and movies after him, Minjun had recordings and musicals, Wooyoung had his solo album, and Chansung opened his gym. That left me and Junho together most of the time so I'd understand why he'd get furious.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV: 
 
"Ara, JYP Entertainment is inviting you to their JYPNation concert since you participated with 2PM for NEPA. They want you to attend since they'd like to consider their partners in business as family." Min unnie informed me.
 
"That's very nice of them." I looked at the letter and saw two VIP tickets.
 
"Park Jin Young is a very kind man. He's very considerate. You should definitely go." She encouraged me.
 
"With you, I will. Here." I pushed the second ticket to her. She acted as if I performed a miracle.
 
"Out of all people to choose, you choose me?! Ahhhhh! I'm so thankful to be your manager! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She notated with excited.
 
I hugged her and teased, "You have first dibs since your my manager."
 
 
 
The concert was next week. It gave me just enough time to recollect myself to see 2PM, Nichkhun, again.
 
 
 
 
(Day of JYP Nation Concert)
 
"They're all so good!" Min commented as the crowd disperse and the stage cleared.
 
"Yes, very." I agreed.
 
 
"Ara, you came?!" I heard someone from behind me call out. It was Chansung.
 
"Ah, Chansung. Annyeonghaseyo. You all did wonderful." I bowed politely.
 
"I didn't know you'd be here." He wiped his sweat off with his 2PM towel.
 
"I was formally invited by Park Jin Young and I didn't want to let him down for being so kind."
 
"Come back stage. Come meet the others."
 
Before I could say no, he pulled me after his steps.
 
I entered the back room with Min stumbling behind to catch up with us. My eyes met all the familiar faces I met the other day and also the new faces that belong to the talented stars such as WonderGirls, MissA, 15&, JJ Project, 2AM, SanE, and so many others. I bowed as I acknowledged their presence. Junho, on the other hand managed himself well. 
 
"Everyone, this is Ara, Newface's newest addition. Please welcome her." Chansung kindly informed.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo. You all performed very well on stage."
 
 
The girls greeted me cheerfully and I felt blessed to be surrounded by a jolly bunch. My eyes somehow spotted Nichkhun first out of all the greetings. He stood chatting with a girl no other than Tiffany, his girlfriend. I finally see his authentic smile as he talked with her and held her hands playfully. I refocused myself to the girls who chattered around me. I didn't want to stare too long or get caught for doing so incase it leads a misunderstanding or a spill of the past.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nichkhun's POV:
 
I walked into the back room with Tiffany's hand laced in mine to see a crowd around someone. As the guys slowly vanished into their own corners, the girls surrounded a familiar person, Ara. She was here?
 
"Who is she?" Tiffany asked as she tried to figure out who the new girl was.
 
"She's Ara, Newface's new model. She's the special guest who we had the NEPA photoshoot with."
 
"Oh, her. She's-she's gorgeous, right?" Tiffany asked a tricky question that I wasn't sure how to answer.
 
"If you think so." I didn't want to get caught in a trap if it was.
 
"That answer will do." She winked as her eyes twinkled as she planted a kiss on my cheek.
 
I wrapped my arms loosely around her waist as she leaned in on me.
 
"Lovebirds, get out. It's sickening." Taec put us on blast.
 
It was normal to get tease around by my label mates since they all knew about Tiffany and I. It was no big deal.
 
"Taec, just cause you and Yubin aren't standing next to each other holding hands doesn't mean you're off the tease boat."
 
The guys covered their mouths and let out 'O's as if I burned Taec hard to the ground. I laughed at the expressions. 
 
"Nichkhun! You better know how to save yourself in your sleep!" Yubin jokingly threatened me.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV:
 
So this is the real JYP crew? To my surprise, Taec and Yubin?! Wow. That's crazy good. They teased non-stop and it was somewhat enjoyable until the thought of Nichkhun and Tiffany popped into mind again. I was a bit hurt to see how easy it was for him to bring her around since they both lived similar lives. The companies would do anything to support and hide their relationship if ever problem arises. I pictured the past on how secretive Nichkhun and I had to be. It was painful to remember, but I'm glad he's found the person who he wouldn't worry about hiding.
 
I looked at my watch which read 10:37 PM. "It's late and I'll be heading out. Thank you for your warm company. I enjoyed the concert very much." I excused myself and as I made it out the door, I felt as if I was able to breathe better.
 
"Are you okay?" Min unnie asked curiously.
 
I nodded and we paved way to the car.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'll be back. I'm going to walk her out." 
 
As Ara walked out, Chansung sprinted out after her. The guys were unsure of the situation and the girls giggled thinking Chansung had the sweets for Ara. Wooyoung's mouth hung open as he pointed his finger at the vanishing Chansung.
 
"I hope it isn't what I think it is." Minjun whispered to Wooyoung.
 
"He better not even think of getting himself into a girl like her." Junho still had a strong part in him that disliked Ara for leaving Nichkhun. 
 
Taec couldn't say anything because he couldn't wrap his mind about what Chansung just did. He ran after her as if he didn't want to lose sight of her. Nichkhun watched the two figures disappear through the door and he let his eyes drop to the floor, expressionless. Tiffany seemed invisible now.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV:
I heard footsteps pounding after me and Min. I turned to see Chansung.
 
"Chansung, why are you running?" I stopped to meet him.
 
"I just want to walk you out."
 
Min coughed and Chansung rephrased his response. "I mean...you both.."
 
"Hurry. I'll be at the car waiting." Min excused herself leaving Chansung and I.
 
"You didn't have to, but that's nice of you." I complimented him for his kind heart.
 
"Noona, can I have your number so I can contact you to hangout with.....us sometimes?"
 
"Oh, sure!" He handed me his phone and I handed mine to him. We exchanged numbers and I bid farewell from there.
 
"Goodnight." He smiled cheekily and I patted his cheek like a kid.
 
"Sleep well, Banana!" I haven't called him by his nickname every since my breakup with Nichkhun. From there, we waved off.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nichkhun's POV:
 
Chansung entered the room after sometime. His cheeks stretched out and his teeth were visible. His face was pink as if he had experience something radical and can't bare all the happiness within him. What did he do?
 
"Get a hold of yourself, will you?" Minjun pushed Chansung to knock some sense into him.
 
"We have a lot to talk about before bed tonight." Wooyoung ran his hand through his hair. Of course, Wooyoung would try to get something from the maknae since they share a room.
 
Taec glanced at me with eyes that said, "Are you okay if things turn out the way it seems?" which directed towards the possibility of Chansung and Ara seeing each other. I don't know if I'd be fine with it, not because I'm jealous but because I just can't imagine someone from my past be with a close brother of mine. I'll just have to see.