Could It Be Fate Working?

Giving the Best of Ourselves for the Best of Us.

 

Getting on the treadmill, Ara drowned in her memories. She knew the phase of falling back on the past will eventually be over, but as of this moment, she had to face it. Her speed increased as she turned up her volume of music on her iPhone. Sweat stuck on her skin as she ran her heart out. After 20 minutes of hardcore cardio, she walked a lap and decided to go to the weight section. She didn't burden herself with heavy weights, but worked out calmly with 10lbs weights. In order to keep her body toned, she did a little of everything.
 
"Excuse me, are you Ara? Newface's new model?" A young man around his mid-twenties approached Ara.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV:
 
Minding my own business at the weigh section, a young man decides to approach me.
 
"Excuse me, are you Ara? Newface's new model?" 
 
People notice me already? I wonder who he is.
 
"Hello, yes I am. May I ask who you are?" I friendly greeted him.
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lee Sang Woo from Starz Entertainment." He smiled as he extended his hand to shake mine.
 
I shook his hand and nodded. I thought is was only a hello-goodbye thing, but he carried on with a conversation.
 
"You're probably wondering how a complete stranger like me knows of you, right?" His smile was breath-taking.
 
"It's totally fine." I reassured him although I did want to know.
 
"You know my sister, Min? I heard about you from her." Again, he kept the smile on.
 
I couldn't believe it! "Unnie Min? Manager Min?" My eyes popped out.
 
His sweet chuckle echoed in my ears. "Yes, your manager. She's my noona."
 
 
We ended up walking to the lobby as we talked about how small the world was to run into each other and know of one another through a friend, manager, and sister. As we got to the lobby of he gym, he walked over to the water machine and bought us both a water bottle.
 
"Thank you. You didn't have to." 
 
"It's fine. I wanted to." His deadly smile gave me a warm feeling. He's handsome now that I stare at him longer.
 
"So you're a model and an actor?" I questioned him.
 
"Unfortunately I have no musical talents so yes, just a model and actor." He pouted.
 
I laughed as I acted with pity. "I'm sorry about that. At least you can act." I tried to comfort him as I went along with his humor.
 
"If you want to learn acting, I hold lessons so I'm more than willing to help!" He cheerfully joked.
 
"I'll think about it." I commented with a smile.
 
"Well, it was nice to talk to you. I have to get going, but before I do, is it too much to ask for your number?" He grinned lightly, almost afraid of a rejection.
 
Since he was unnie's brother, I felt he was a safe stranger. "Oh, sure."
 
"Even if you said no, I was going to ask Min anyways." His deadly smile just seem to make me melt.
 
"You are such a creeper, Lee Sang Woo." His carefree and bright character made me comfortable.
 
"Call me oppa." He chuckled yet again. "I'll see you some other time hopefully. Have a good day."
 
 I gave him my number and we departed from the gym. He was sweet. His humor was adaptable and overall, he was just easygoing. May I add, handsome too? I didn't let him bother me too much since we just met, but I realized I forgot about Nichkhun and 2PM for awhile. It somewhat helped me.
 
 
"Unnie, you didn't tell me you have a brother, Lee Sang Woo."
 
"Ah, so I guess you met him?"
 
"Yeah, at the gym. He was nice enough to get me a water bottle."
 
"That little boy." She huffed as she smiled. "You know, he thinks you're really pretty." Min winked at me.
 
"Unnie! Don't be like that!" I blushed.
 
"I'm just saying. He hasn't dated for years since he's so serious with work and here comes along you. He finally thinks someone's attractive after declining so many other models, singers, and actresses." Min was trying to reason with me.
 
"Good to know." I grinned and went to my room.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nichkhun's POV:
 
"Khunnie, look at the stars. Aren't they beautiful?" Tiffany snuggled into my chest as we sat on the green grass looking up into the clear, dark sky.
 
"They are and because of their beauty, they remind me of you." I kissed her forehead.
 
"I can't believe I hid my feelings from you for so long." She confessed.
 
"What do you mean?" I wanted her to clarify herself.
 
"I never told you, but ever since we were trainees going to Korean class, I've always liked you." She smiled cutely.
 
"So you mean even two years ago, you had a crush on me?" I was trying to make sense of this.
 
"Mhmmm. My feelings for you grew more even before two years ago, but you seemed always busy and focused on work." She continued confessing.
 
Her confession meant that she has always been interested in me when I was dating Ara. It was during those years that I didn't notice any other women, but Ara.
 
"What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" Tiffany lifted her face from my chest to look at my face. It was probably cause she didn't hear a response.
 
"No, you said everything right. I just-I just can't believe it took me so long for me to notice you. You must've been very patient." I kissed her forehead again and this time I closed my eyes to inhale her scent. Doing so, Ara popped in my head. It was how I use to kiss Ara. 
 
"Khun, you're the best. I'm so happy with you." Her arms wrapped around me warmly and tightly as I did the same.
 
"I'm happy too." My heart felt weird all of a sudden. I buried myself into her hair as we hugged and softly, I whispered, "it almost feels too perfect to be true."
 
It was too perfect to be true, exactly. I felt as if something is creeping on its way towards destruction. Memories of Ara came back and made my heart tremble. I possibly couldn't be letting it affect me. I'm happy. I have Tiffany who understands my idol life. I can't simply dump away our 1 year and 5 months over a girl from my past who use to mean something.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
That night, Ara thought of Lee Sang Woo, someone who possibly could be a new friend to guide her through her new career. 
 
As for Nichkhun, he thought of Tiffany and all the great things that were happening to him.
 
Out of the blue, the thought of each other appeared in their minds. They tossed and turned unable to sleep as they had a flashback in time.
 
*Flashback*
 
"Yeah, I feel it's best too." Nichkhun's puppy eyes hung low with sorrow. "But can you promise me something?"
 
"What is it?" Ara carefully avoided agreeing.
 
"Promise-promise me that if fate allows us, we can work it out again after some space." His voice hinted hope.
 
Ara grinned lightly, "Well, I don't have a say and I can't promise that. It's all up to fate. If I make a promise with you, that's me determining fate and I don't want to. I just want to go along wherever the river flows." She tried to be reasonable that She couldn't give him a promise especially one she was scared to keep.
 
*End of flashback*
 
"Is fate letting us meet now after two years of letting go? Why now?" Both Nichkhun and Ara voiced as they laid in bed. 
 
Although they reside on different parts of Seoul, not knowing what one another was up to at 11PM, their thoughts were one in the same.