Are Lies Acceptable?

Giving the Best of Ourselves for the Best of Us.

 

Khun's POV:
Meeting Jin Hee over breakfast with our managers was quite odd. Usually I don't meet my partners for films until I reach the shooting.
 
"Hello." I greeted as I stood up and bow.
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Jin Hee's voiced sweetly. I nodded.
 
"Nichkhun, manager Kim and I will be back. We have to discuss some matters." The managers left the two of us alone.
 
My phone buzzed. I took a look and saw that it was Ara. I placed it back into my pocket and decided I'll just call her back later. Just as I did so, it buzzed again. This time, it was a text message.
 
Text message: Good morning. I know you have your first shooting today, but are you able to do a quick breakfast run with me? I want to wish you good luck! ^^
 
I felt bad to not be able to meet with her, but I hoped she understand. 
 
Reply: I'm sorry I can't at the moment. Work called me in early today. Love you.
 
I went back to communicating with Jin Hee. She's very active and all about the outdoors. It's and interesting character she has. Any guy couldn't lie that she wasn't pretty, she is.
 
Ara's POV:
Sadly, Khun was already busy with work so I decided to go for breakfast myself and hopefully catch him later. I made my way into Delight, the restaurant that serves my favorite Western breakfast. I walked it and situated myself. It had started out as a great day, but too quickly, it turned dull. My eyes examined the amount of people who came for breakfast on such an early Monday morning. My eyes landed on someone. He sat at a table with another female, smiling away laughing ever so happily. My heart dropped as if the elevation was too high. My stomach turned as if it had turbulence. 
 
"What is he doing here? With her?" I questioned before assuming anything worst. Although I couldn't see her face, from the back, she didn't look like one of Nichkhun's label friends or anyone else I know. I hid carefully to avoid being spotted and texted him once more.
 
Text message: is it possible to meet you quickly? I have to drop something off for you.
 
I looked at Nichkhun as he swiped out his phone. I see his gaze shift from his phone back to the person in front of him as if he didn't know what to do or say at the moment. 
 
Reply: maybe later, honey. I have a meeting for work right now. Kiss kiss!
 
Did he just lie to me?! My heart sank even deeper if that's possible.
 
Khun's POV:
Ara texted again. I wonder what she had to give me? Well technically, I am at a work meeting. It's just 'meeting' as in 'meeting people' and not necessarily 'meeting' as in the company matters.
 
Jin Hee and my conversation carried for sometime until our managers came back. It took them some time.
 
Ara's POV:
I couldn't have breakfast anymore after witnessing all this. I left the restaurant and while at it, I accidentally into two elderly men.
 
"I'm sorry. Excuse me," was all I managed to say until small tears made their way out.
 
 
 
 
"Okay Nichkhun, grab hold of Jin Her's waist an pull her in. Snuggle into her neck as if you're giving her kisses," the director directed at the scene.
 
Nichkhun was heated with embarrassment at closeness. From time to time, he had to pause and lift his shirt from the back to air out. Being so close to any women will make any guy stumble no matter what. Jin Hee dressed in an oversized, white button up collar shirt that supposedly resembles Nichkhun's with a pair of short, revealing jean shorts that the shirt covers. Her smooth skin was ready to tempt anyone if they weren't in their right minds.
 
"Good. Now carry her to the bed and lie her down. Run your hand down her cheeks then make your way on top of her." The director guided Nichkhun's acting. "Cut! Break time. Good job everyone."
 
Nichkhun removed himself with speed from Jin Hee and went to go sit down, soaking up some water.
 
 
Khun's POV:
Goodness, that was so hard. I'm a man and how so people contain themselves under the circumstances? I then thought of Ara and smiled. I have someone to look forward to seeing and she's the only one that I'd get close to. Since it was break, I decided to give her a call.
 
Ara's POV:
My phone rang and I looked to see who it was. It was Nichkhun. As much as I didn't want to answer, I decided to incase he had something important to say. Honestly, I did want to hear his voice and tell me anything as long as it reassured that I was the only one on his mind or the only one ever that has the audacity to make him happy.
 
"Hello?"
 
Khun's POV:
She answered and my heart fluttered.
 
"Hey sweetie, what happened to saying 'Hello Khunnie!' " I pouted cutely. When she knows its me calling, she'd answer by saying my pet name. "Something wrong with you?" I worried.
 
"No, I'm fine. What's important that you must call?" Her voice sounded annoyed, but then she added, "well because you're filming, right?" She chuckled lightly.
 
Ara's POV:
The way I answered to his question came out harsh, and to hide it, I lightly chuckled and used  his filming as an excuse. 
 
"You're important that's why I called. I have break right now and I've been dying to hear your voice." He responded.
 
I closed my eyes to buy in his words, but the only image I see is of him and the women earlier. It was haunting me.
 
"Khun, can I ask you something?" Not waiting for him to answer, I carried on with my words, "Will you ever lie to someone you truly treasure?"
 
He probably was stunned by the serious yet random question because there was a long pause before he spoke. Could it be his guilt? The evil part of me laughed inside.
 
"If it protects them, would it be acceptable? Regardless, I believe the truth should surely be revealed at a slow pace. It's not necessarily lying I would say." He gave his answer carefully as if he spoke about himself.
 
 
 
They said their goodbyes and left the conversation. Khun was then back to filming. One more month to go.