Surprise Attack

Giving the Best of Ourselves for the Best of Us.

 

2 full years went by and things slowly settled to the norm. Ara was given a new opportunity which heightened her life although her career no longer dealt with handling finance. As for Nichkhun, his name continued to boom as he took on more stage presence, movies, CFs, and shows.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV:
 
My world took on a spin once my agency found me to be their new model. I truly never thought I'd end up in the industry like this. It still shocks me from time to time. Now, life evolved around busy schedules of photoshoots and runways. Who would've thought I'd be here in the last 2 years? After 2 years of training, I was taking on my first photoshoot today.
 
"Ara, are you ready for the surprise photoshoot today? It's for NEPA outdoors clothes wear." Manager Min informed me.
 
"Unnie, you're really not going to tell me who I'll be shooting with?" I pouted.
 
"As much as I want to tell you, I can't. It's suppose to be a surprise. These special guests are featuring you to help you get out there more so people notice you as the Newface's model. Don't worry, they don't know about you either."
 
"This is so not right." I whined playfully and gave in.
 
 
I got in the van and the crew drove to the spot where the photos were going to be taken. I showed up first to the destination, therefore; I had my makeup, hair, and outfit put together first.
 
"Ara, are you ready? The guests are here."
 
I simply nodded and thanked the crew for putting me together before I walked out to meet the guests.
 
As I walked out and turned the corner to meet the guests, I was beyond shocked. I swallowed hard and was about to turn back in my steps, but I was called out by my manager Min.
 
Speechless.
 
"How could this be?" I questioned the heavens. "Out of all Hallyu celebrities, why them?"
 
I stopped in steps debating how to act calmly.
 
 
 
"Ah, Ara. You're here. Come greet the beasts of 2PM." She chirped cheerfully like a fangirl.
 
I attempted to clear the lump in my throat. I made eye-contact respectfully to all of the pale faces and my eyes barely could look into a pair that belonged to a man I once knew.
 
"Hello, I'm Newface's new model Ara. It's a pleasure to be working with you all." I bowed.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nichkhun's POV:
 
2PM greeted the crew of the photoshoot as we waited on our special guest. I took out my phone to text Tiffany that I'd give her a call after my photoshoot before looking up to meet the figure of someone I haven't heard or seen of in 2 years.
The boys have fallen silent as well after saying hello. They probably felt the awkwardness too.
 
After the boys we got into our wardrobes, it was time to pose for pictures. Ara stood in the middle as we surrounded her putting on an act of silliness. Next, we all had individual shots with her. Wow, she was definitely the star. Well, fate has been good to her. She was going to be famous for her flawless beauty.
 
"Okay, it's Nichkhun and Ara's turn." The photographer directed.
 
I walked up to her and stood next to her not knowing how to act casually.
 
"Scoot closer please." The photographer seemed to not be too satisfied with us.
 
I gently swung my arm over her shoulder and spread on a smile.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV:
 
Great. It was our turn. He swung his arm over my shoulder and I can see his angelic smile from the corner of my eyes. I smiled along to hide the strange feeling. Carefully, I wrapped my arm around his waist to make it seem as if we're
More comfortable than ever.
 
"Great! That's a wrap up! Good job everyone." The photographer complimented as the crew cleaned up.
 
"2PM and Ara, there's a quick interview with KPOPPIN'. Come over here and have a seat." Manager Min informed us as we sat.
 
We all sat together in a big group. It was Taecyeon, Nichkhun, Wooyoung, me, Junho, and Chansung sat at the end.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"2PM, I know you guys are busy idols but thank you for sneaking in a little time to sit down with KPOPPIN'. Thank you to Newface's newest addition to the modeling world, Ara." Interviewer Jan announced.
 
Thank-yous echoed the place.
 
"So, is it true you guys weren't expecting to work alongside with each other?"
 
"Yes, it was very much a surprise." Taec laughter awkwardly as the rest nodded.
 
"2PM, what's an advice you guys can give to encourage Ara on her new career?"
 
Junho decided to answer, "Work diligently and you'll go far."
 
"Always stay positive with your work even when you're overwhelmed. Stay strong." Wooyoung followed after.
 
"Ara, how do you feel about your first shoot today as it starts off your career?"
 
Ara hesitated a bit before stating, "It's truly a shock to work with 2PM as my first ever experience entering the entertainment industry. I'm thankful to have firsthand with such professionals."
 
"By any chance, is any one of them close to your ideal type?" 
 
"Ahhhhh." Ara was thinking of a response as now there were wondering eyes attacking her. Taec, being the one to make the atmosphere more awkward, he decides to softly choke. "Um. They all have their own charms, don't they? It's too hard to choose. I like 2PM as a whole. I can't choose individually."
 
"Nice answer. Well, thank you all again. I hope you all success in the future."
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ara's POV:
 
First day of work and it was already the death of me. I grabbed my bag and changed into my casual clothes to head to the van. 
 
"Ara....." A familiar voice called after me.
 
I turned to meet the person which the voice belonged to.
 
"Oh, Nichkhun. What is it?" I forced myself to act cooly.
 
Butting his bottom lip, he asks, "Congratulations on your modeling career. I didn't know you were into something like this."
 
"Oh, um..well thanks. I didn't know I was either. I just kind of took the offer and tested the waters." I chuckled to lighten the air.
 
"Well, I wish you luck with it all." A smile crept on his face. "It's nice seeing you again."
 
His last sentence filled me with sorrow. His voice sounded as if it died out after the words.
 
"Me too."
 
As we were exchanging a small talk, I  saw the members turning the corner. Wooyoung being clumsy comes out first to spot us and stops in his track causing the train of the other four stumble behind him. I couldn't help, but giggle. Nichkhun looks at me confused and turned to see why I've laughed.
 
"Wooyoung is still just as clumsy, huh?" I chuckled calmly. I noticed that I've become informal and talked to Nichkhun as if we were comfortable all over again. It came out without a purpose. I palmed my mouth. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said-"
 
He turned to me as if he noticed it too. "It's fine. After all, we all know each other. It's just that it has been awhile." He smiled again as if it was to reassure me that things never changed between us and the rest, but realistically, things did.
 
Nichkhun's phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and looked up to me. It seemed as if something has washed over him, but I don't know what. His smile was instantly erased.
 I nodded for him to take the call.
 
"Ah, Tiffany............ I-I miss you too. Yes, I just finished----"
 
 
Nichkhun turned away from me and walked a couple steps further as he spoke to the person. So, has he moved on finally? Tiffany? SNSD Tiffany, one of the many  beauties of South Korea? I slight pain came back after the two years. The pain wasn't because he moved on, but the pain came from the fact that I ran into him and it just reminded me of us all over again. Shaking it off, I walked over to the members.
 
"You guys did great today. Thanks for being patient with me being a rookie." I bowed politely.
 
"Noona, you don't need to be so formal with us." Chansung added.
 
"I must keep it professional while we're at work, don't I?" I still spoke formally.
 
They all had smiles except Junho. He looked upset, disappointed, mad?
 
"Why do you decide to appear now?" Junho asked rudely which took me by surprise.
 
"Junho, speak nicely-" Minjun was cut off as Junho continued.
 
"We all saw how Nichkhun suffered just because of you, did you know that?"
 
"Junho-" Taec tried stopping him yet he failed.
 
"You have no idea how much it affected us. You have no idea how hurt he was. He has someone new now so don't you dare step back into his life. He's happy where he's at." Although his voice was lowered for the sake of Nichkhun hearing, I could see fire in his eyes.
 
I again found it hard to swallow my dry throat. I let his words set in.
 
"I-I apologize for causing you all to suffer along with Nichkhun during that time. I hope you all may be able to forgive me. I didn't know it'd be brought upon you guys as well. I promise that I didn't comeback to hurt anyone. I'm sorry-"
 
"What are you sorry for?" Nichkhun jumps into the conversation as he slips his phone into his pocket. He was completely clueless.
 
"No-nothing. She was only sorry because she thought she didn't do too well during the shoot, but we already informed her that she did great." Older brother Minjun covered up. 
 
Everyone's eyes glued on him besides Junho who darted his eyes at me. I guess during the interview, he was trying to be nice even though inside he hated me for hurting his hyung.
 
"Aren't we all free after this? Let's hangout if Ara is available." Chansung bluntly suggested.
 
"Ummm-" (Wooyoung)
"I don't think-" (Taec)
"Count me out." (Junho)
"Maybe not-" (Minjun)
 
"Ummm..I can't. I don't think it'll be good for us." I completed all of there sentences. They looked at me for my direct answer. "....I mean.... it's not good for us since we must be tired so we all must rest. I have things to do also so, I'll see you all around if time allows. Thank you for today." I bowed and walked away to my awaiting van quickly.
 
As I got inside the van, I sniffed back some tears, hurt by the statements of Junho and hurt because everything from years before drifted back. I wasn't mad at Junho for putting me on blast. Instead, I was mad at myself for causing it all. It was my fault for ruining the closeness we all had. Now, we seem to not even know one another.
 
 
Nichkhun's POV:
 
Was something wrong? Did something happen as I took the call with Tiffany? As Ara left, I looked at the silent guys for an answer. No one said a thing.
 
"What did you guys say?"
 
All I got from them were anxious expressions as they fidgeted uncomfortably. I shook my head and walked to our van.
 
Anyways, seeing Ara made me wonder how she is now. How was she living? Who is she hanging with now? Has she met someone new? Is she suffering in any way? It was so wrong of me to think of her and worry since now Tiffany is the only one who should be getting my attention. I huffed with the surprise meet.
 
 
 
 
Has the past come back to mend itself or just to settle a better farewell?