Chapter 1

Curiosity lead to Destiny

“Sebastian, can you help me today?” I asked my butler for a favour. He is standing beside me while I’m eating my toast.

“Yes Lady Eun Hye. What do you need?” He stepped in front and politely asked.

“I forgot my glasses could you take it for me?” I finished up my toast and clean my hands using the napkin.

“But Lady Eun Hye .. Your eyes doesn’t has any problems.” He stated. Yes I don’t have problems with my eyes though. I just need to cover my look. So nobody will ever recognize me. EVER.

“Sebastian I think you know the reason why. Just take it for me.” I asked him again. He bowed and went to my bedroom and took my black glasses. From everyone perceptions my look is very ugly. At school I’m called the nerd girl. It’s ok. I don’t need their comments. I only need to survive without exposing the real me.

------------------

The school hall seems packed with humans. Humans who think they are very good in all aspect since their parents are very rich and owns huge amount of property. Here is where all the low standards are treated like beggars. Discriminations between communities happen here. Welcome to Dolce high school. Today, is the first day of school after a long vacation during summer break.  Well, during the vacation I’ve done nothing other than sitting alone at home. Most people would ask me why I am alone during summer. Here’s the answer. I do have my parents but they don’t seem like living with me. They always travel around the world for business matter of course. My father is the owner of the biggest company in Korea. But what people don’t know is that I’m theirs daughter. I told nobody knows. That Dolce high school is own by my father. Well again nobody knows that.

As I entered the school gate, I could feel people staring at me with disgust. At first when I enrolled at this school, I had uneasy feeling because of the staring. Eventually I managed to overcome the uneasiness in me. It took years for me to gather my courage to face all the people.

“You see that girl. What in the world is she wearing.” I heard the people murmuring around me.

‘Just leave me alone.’ I said mumbling.

“Attention to Miss Yoon Eun Hye please report yourself at the principal office right now.” I heard the speakers talking.

‘Now what did I do?’ I walked immediately towards the office. Standing in front of the principal office is really scary though. I knocked on the blue wooden door a few times and I heard the principal asked me to go in.

“Errmm .. did you call for me Mr. Principal?” I asked at started to play with my fingers. Too nervous I think.

“Yes. Please have a sit.” I walked to chair slowly and carefully have a sit.

“I want to introduce you to a new student. This student wanted you to show her around the school. I hope it will not cause trouble to you.” Asked the principal hoping I would accept the offer. I nodded showing that I agree to fulfil the principal’s request.

Suddenly, I heard the door opened behind. I turned around and saw a familiar figure.

“OMG ! Is that you Min Hee ?!” I stand up and walk to her direction. The girl and hugged me.

“Yup honey ! It’s me Min Hee.” She answered and hugged me tighter.

“Is she that request for me, Sir ?” I turned around and face the principal. He nodded and take our leave. We hold our hands together. It has been a long time since the last time I saw her. Shebecame more beautiful than before.

“Min Hee you look soooo beautiful.” She smiled and looked at me.

“What about you ? You look so … different ?” I know for her it is very confusing looking at me like this. Few years ago, nerdy look is so not my style. During primary I don’t wear glasses instead wearing hoodies and stuff. I replied her smile and walked to my locker.

“Things change Min Hee.” Opened my locker and took out some books.

“I know but I believe you didn’t change right?” I closed the locker and faced Min Hee.

“What do you think of me? Do you changed?” I hold her hand and grinned.

“I will never change. Come on Min Hee we’ll be late for your first class.” We walked side by side and she start to tell me her experience living in Japan for a quite long time. She seem happy by hearing on her side of story. Her mother will wait for her at home when she came back from school. Her mother even cooked her lunch. I miss my mom’s cooking.

Suddenly I bumped into something hard and fell down hard.

“I’m sorry.” I picked my books and the person I bumped into things.

“Don’t you see me ?!” The guy shrieked. I kneel down and take his stuff from me.

“I think you’re blind, four eyes.” He teased and walk away.

“Eun Hye are you ok?” Min Hee hold me and stand me up.

“I’m ok. Why did they do that to you? Aren’t you are the most---” I cupped and make her silence.

“Shh .. Don’t say that.” She looked at me cofused.

“They didn’t know?”I nodded and dust off my uniform.

“Its ok Min Hee. Come one lets go.” We continued walking to the class.

--------------------------

“Rise!” the monitor instructed the class when the teacher came in.

“Good morning teacher.” We said in unison and seated.

“Ok class today we have some new students who will be entering our class.” The teacher pointed out. He looked at the door and asked them to come in.

“Ok please introduce yourself.” Said the teacher and moved away.

“Hai my name is Soo Min Hee.”

“Hye there, we’re Big Bang and my name is Taeyang.”

“Seungri.”

“TOP.”

“Daesung.”

Suddenly the class become quiet. I looked at one familiar guy. ‘Damn it, he is in my class.’

“Gdragon. Just ignore me.” After he introduced himself all the girls in the class seem to attracted to him. ‘what’s wrong with them? He is so not cool.’ I looked at him and he took a sit next to me.

“Hey aren’t you that four eyes girl I bumped into just now?” He looked at me and smirked. I looked away and watch out the window. I don’t like focusing in class. I can only study at home.

“What? Are you deaf now?” He teased me again. I ignored him and put my head on the table.

-------------------

The bell rang showing it’s lunch time.

“Min Hee you can go first.” I packed my things and bring my back together with me. I know there are classes after lunch but I want to skip. I arrived at the café and took a tray of food. I tipped toed to search for Min Hee. Fortunately, I saw her waving at me. I walked towards her and I realised that there is someone else at the table. It’s the Big Bang. I sat next to Min Hee and looked at her.

“Min Hee why is them here?”I whispered to Min Hee. She giggled.

“Well since they are new together with me. I think we’ll be getting along great.” She smiled.

“But ..”She shook her head and asked me to eat my lunch.

“Soo – this nerdy girl here is your friend Min Hee?” asked one of the boys. I think his name is TOP.

“Yeah. Anything wrong with that?” she asked him. He shook his head.

“Nothing it’s just that. You two are different.” She smiled and continued to eat.

“Don’t judge a book by its cover, TOP.” She replied.

Out of blue, my phone rang. I looked at the screen and saw Sebastian name. I turned my head to Min Hee. She gave me a worry look.

“What’s wrong Eun Hye? Answer the call.” I picked the call and take my leave since I don’t want people to hear my conversation. I walked to the school garden and sat under the shady tree.

Me: Hello.

Seb: Hello Lady Eun Hye.

Me: Anything wrong Sebastian?

Seb: No. I just want to inform you that you mother just called.

Me: What did she say? Will she came home today?

Seb: I’m afraid that she will not coming home for two months.

Me: Owh… Thanks Sebastian.

Seb: My pleasure Lady Eun Hye.

I ended the called and cried. It’s always like this. Promises are meant to be broken I think. Few minutes crying relieve myself. Suddenly my bag popped up in my head. ‘OMG I left at the café.’ I kept my phone and stand up. Shockingly someone already took my bag. I looked around the café but there is no clue where my bag is. I rest myself at the rooftop until school ends. After that I met Min Hee in front of the school.

“Min Hee!” I cried her name and waved. She is waiting for me at the school gate with Big Bang without Gdragon. I looked around to see where is he. ‘aish.. why did I have to care.’

Someone touched my shoulder and I turned around. It was Gdragon.

“Erk ..” I stuttered. He looked me at shoved me away.

“People will know you cry Eun Hye. Your eyes are red and puffy.” He whispered at my ear causing me to shiver and throw my bag at me. ‘How did he know?’

That day Eun Hee’s driver send me back home. I went to my room and recall about that Gdragon. ‘Did he spy on me? OMG how should I face him? Damn you trouble maker!’