part 6

Just Give Me a Ring

 

Yuri laughed and slapped the table so hard that the librarian shot us her scary glares from that corner table of her in that far away distance. although not that scary compared to my tablemate, Je—Jessa? Jecca? Jessi? Jeccici? Jeccica? Yeah that Jeccica.

I didn’t know why she laugh, I just asked her if her girlfriend was a pirates or mafia boss ‘cause she liked to cut fingers off and that’s when this person in front of me suddenly laughed out loud. What a weird woman.

And then she told me that no, her girlfriend is not a mafia boss nor a pirate and no, she didn’t really cut off any finger of anyone.

“She’s cute, you know, I love her since forever”

“Since… forever? Babies?”

A laugh. “No, I mean since, well, 4 years ago? that’s when I still a kid and yet love finds me”

“Oh, you’re lucky” I smiled. A sincere smile. I find that love is a treasure, something that you have to sacrifice many things before you get it.

“Yes, I am”

“Then why you paired up with me?”

“Uhm.”

“Well, uh, I’m sorry for prying”

“Haha, no, uh, it’s just that..” huh? Why hesitated?

“You don’t have to tell me, you know”

“It’s just that every time we paired up to do some assignment..”

“Fighting?”

“We ended up…” a whisper “…making out..”

“Oh”

“Yea, and that’s bad because I am somehow an overachiever, she calls me that”

“Oh, okay” What would she say if I told her that her girlfriend, that devil Jeccica, slapped me squared on the cheek, huh? Would she believe me?

“Don’t be afraid of Jessica, Taeyeon, when you know her better you will find that she’s just like any other girl. In fact she’s warm enough to make you laugh” Yuri’s smile is so nice. I can see her smile lines even from here. I bet she loves to smile a lot.

Jessica? Oh. It’s Jessica not Jeccica. I think Jeccica is a better name though.

“Uh, if she ever warmed up to me though”

Another laugh. “She will. I know her. I love her. I’ll make her to”

Oh, so you’re the one who wear pants, huh? “… pants” oops. Shut up you ing mouth. Damn.

“Pants? Spongebob squarepants?”

“Uh… yes…?” she laughed again. Last time I checked I’m not comedian, why this person laughed at me so much. I didn’t even try to make her laugh.

Then we finally made our assignment for awhile before that Je-whatever-ca came.

I’ve told you that I’m bad at remembering people’s name, right? They all had weird name you know, it’s so weird that I couldn’t remember it easily. What’s with Jessica? It’s a freaking English name for god’s sake. Or American. Whatever. And this is not a continent that speaks English. And beside my English is like a . The only English words I know are: OMG WTF you . That’s a good word if I don’t want people off with me and leave me alone. I wonder when I able to use those words.

So Jes-ca suddenly came and grabbed Yuri’s collar and crush their lips together. Like car accident. Bump. Crash. Bomb. But with ling sound. Eww. I couldn’t close my eyes and keep staring instead.

I think I hear some mumbles between ling that sounded like “ex.. cuse.. us.. for..” moans“a.. mi..” moans “..nute” then they nearly run to some classic literature aisle with Jes-ca still grabbing Yuri’s collar, nearly dragging her, and Yuri’s hand inside her blouse, grabbing the waist.

 

Sigh. Hormones.

They lied. They said a minutes but it’s already 15 minutes and no sign of them walked to my table.

I’m bored. I need distraction. Fany was a good one hell of distraction.

The way she innocently played with her hair that looked not so innocent. Or the way that she bit her lips when think too deeply. Or the way she played with my finger’s nail when she bored. Or the way she stared to my eyes and I lost in depth of hers, or, or the way she hugged my arms and rested her head on my shoulder when we watch something together. All of that made me look like some kind of idiot.

I always feel like something stirred inside of my stomach whenever I think about her or be with her. No, not hunger, not hunger for food, for something else. Something else that I still can’t give a name for it.

“Sorry” I looked up, Yuri and her girlfriend stood in front of me. With their hair in messy state and all fabrics are crumpled. Hand in hand.

“That’s okay”

“We need to go.. to do some.. thing” that Jes-ca still glaring at me although I can read her eyes screamed ‘desperation’. I thought her eyes not that dark in the morning, they looked like blackholes. Maybe she’s a vampire. Don’t know.

“Oh, okay. Just text me when we can do this again”

“Yeah, of course, of course. Gotta go”

“Wait, you don’t have my number” I really could hear that Jes-ca groans and threw her hand up in the air. Desperate much?

“Oh, right” Yuri take my phone and type her number before she call her own cellphone. Jes-ca started to slip her hands inside Yuri’s shirt and mumbled something on Yuri’s red ear.

“See you”

“See y—“ I haven’t finished my sentence but Yuri already run with Jes-ca to God knows where.

I shrugged. I just pray that they won’t do it at school or car because, uhm, nevermind.

People here didn’t look like they mind to see some gay kiss going around in the library. Maybe all of them gay or they are too afraid of Jes-ca. she’s scary girl. Or Jes-ca really a daughter of some mafia boss who own this school. Nothing’s impossible.

That’s my new principle, nothing’s impossible. I believed at that because of Tiffany. She made everything impossible seems possible. Seems. Because some impossible really impossible. Like growing up more. I gave up wishing myself to be taller. No matter how much I drink milk, I still couldn’t grow some height more. So I gave up.

I don’t really feel sad since my height now is perfect to put my chin on her shoulder. Perfectly. I love it.

Actually I hate milk, and dairy’s products. They make me feel full. And wanna puke. I don’t like them. But maybe I gonna like milk from… hehehe.. you know.. hehe..

What am I talking about? I feel lightheaded. Should just go home.

I packed my things and walked to school’s gate. I wish I have a car so I don’t have to walk to school and not able to go to anywhere fun. Or pick up Tiffany and have a date with her. but no, dad won’t let me and won’t give me. All car he had, which is just one, is his treasure, his baby. So no, he won’t let me use it without ‘adult’s guidance’ and even if there is any adult who want to accompany me, no he still won’t let me use it with whatever reason he just made up. Even if I want to drive him to workplace he still won’t let me to do it, he scared I would crash into trashbin and scratch his baby or get into accident and let us die.

Sigh.

No. I won’t let us die in car accident. I am a capable driver you know, just put some trust here. I know I am a girl but I am not ordinary spoiled girl—, who can’t even reverse their car properly. I love cars. And dad’s nagging voice about how to drive properly, how to drive like a man, how to drive coolly, how to not act like careless and newbie drivers, how to reverse properly, how to park your car straightly, how to turn in the intersection, how to use your hazard, how to blablablabla. Sometimes I really want to gag him with my used socks because when he act like that he sounded worse than some ajumma I found at the random market.

And the worst part, he always repeated it over and over and over and over again every time I sat at the front. He said he wanted me to drive him everywhere because he’s tired to drive for over 35years non-stop.

I scrolled my eyes.

Lies.

If he really meant that why he doesn’t let me to use his car. It’s just a car. Company car. Since he sold our car to pay for my sister college. If I don’t learn how to drive ‘properly’ like he said, right now, then when I could drive him to anywhere he wish? Huh?

Talk to my hand, please, dad? My hand needs attention too while I rest my ears.

 

I learnt how to drive with Sunny’s car. And practiced too.

We girls think about our car as a thing, not a baby, well sometimes because sometimes we buy it with our money, but not like boys with their obsession of cars. Yes, you hear me. Obsession. Boys are obsessed with cars like it will make universe theirs. I don’t get it. It is just a tool to make our life easier, not a god. Ever hear our god shaped like car? Sport car maybe? No? Of course no. Dumb boys.

Sunny’s car was a manual sport car with open hood. Her dad must be super cool and super rich and I’m gonna be in much trouble if I ever scratch it.

But Sunny was a cool dude too. She said she bought it with her own money. I raised my eyebrows. What did she said?

So I told her that she must be kidding me. And she laughed. No she said. She played stocks like some kind of online games thingy, like buy this sell those wait till high then sell blablabla things I don’t understand and bamf suddenly she had money. She is always good with games. She told me it’s like playing simcity but without good graphics and all statics and all lines and all numbers and kinda boring and use real money.

Oh. I said. I couldn’t close my mouth.

Once, she said, she just too bored and used all the money she had to make a crazy decision. She put all the money on some nearly collapsing company and prepare for the worst. But the next couple of days, I don’t really know what happened, the stock raised till she got five times of what she actually bought. The executives thanked her and give her bonuses.

Then she bought sport cars.

Yes, cars. She bought two, or three? I’m not sure. They looked like some cars in Need for Speed game thingy I once played with her.

I patted her head and said, “good job Sunny, I’m proud” And she grinned and slapped my hand and said that it’s just luck.

I laughed.

a/n : i kinda can’t wait to post this. just after i finished write it. i almost want to post this immediately if only the internet is not being my enemy. well, actually i kinda down cus i feel like nobody read, but actually when i checked stat on my wordpress, wow, this got view too. lol. i should just stop worrying about this. sorry. can’t help. im still a kid. like what donkatsu said to me when i ask her about her opinion, “write because you love to write not because you want some recognizing” i respect this saying. you’re great. :)

gonna not publish this on asianfanfic until i finish on my part 7. and i restraining myself to write about 1300-1900 words per part so people, mostly me, not bored when read this again. yes. i read this about 6 times each chapter. and maybe more.

p.p.p.s : i love auratus’ works so much. esp. ascc, asls, and alt-ascc. gosh i always feel giddy. sorry for lenghty author note. i love to talk, i think haha. but really, i start to see each pairing in different light. gone was inspired by auratus’, and im gonna write sooyoung-yoona. :)) i think.

p.p.p.p.s : wish me luck. tomorrow gonna presentating my lastest design of architecture. havent done with maquette a.k.a models. and writing this instead all day long. lol. this gonna look like my diary. lol