Dara's Point of View

Catch That Conman

At Dara's office.

A group of workers are talking to Dara,a important CEO in the company.

Dara:The boss will fire all of you!

Worker 1:If you talk to him then he might not please maam.

Dara:Try these emotional blackmail on someone else! These will not work on me!

The workers looked disappointed.

Dara:Listen Guys! Market is tough! Smart ones stay while Idiots are sent away.You wanna be smart or idiot you choose! The rest is good!

*RING RING RING RING RING RING*

Dara gestures everyone to leave her office.

Dara:Sir? Yes Sir! Coming sir!

Dara hangs up the phone.Dara meets her boss.

Boss:Fire the interior designer! I want Hussain's painting of the horses on this wall.At any costs! You have a impressive reputation Miss.Dara Park.You have made the impossible into the possible so tell me will there be a Hussain on the wall on the inauguration day?

Dara:Yes sir!

Dara and her boss walk past TOP,who is disguised as a cleaner.TOP smiles as he found another target.


At the car park

Dara:Yes sir?

Boss:What happen to the Hussain?

Dara:They are asking for 5 million won.

Boss:That is just too expensive.

Dara: I know sir! I am trying other art galleries as well.

Dara hangs up her phone and enters her car.She drives her car.After driving for a while Dara stops her car since a truck was blocking her way.Dara angrily honks her horn.TOP,who is in disguised as Jimyee an art dealer comes out and talks to Dara.

Dara:YA! Move this already!

Jimyee:Lady Lady Lady! Relax please!

Dara: I am honking at the truck not to you! You stick to your business.

Jimyee:Well the truck and the business are both mine!

Dara:Yeah you do look like the transport type! Now move this I am getting late!

Jimyee: It won't move till everything is off-loaded.If you want to honk your horn then do it!

Jimyee walks up to the people,who are carrying the Hussain painting.

Jimyee:Careful! Careful! Careful. Please! This is not a painting this is a Hussain! M.F.Hussain! This is a masterpiece.

That catches Dara's attention as she heard the words Hussain!Dara gets out of her car.

Dara:Wait! How much is this?

Jimyee:200 won for 100 grams! Would you like to eat in or take it away?

Dara:(Rolls her eyes) Yeah okay! I know it's not food.It's art,creative and all that but how much are you selling it for?

Jimyee: It's a exhibition for art lovers only!

Dara:Here?

Jimyee:Yes it is my gallery,Indigo! The opening is this evening! Invitation! Here if you interested in the painting then come!

Jimyee gives her a invitation.Jimyee goes inside his gallery.

Dara:Moron!


At Dara's office

Dara is doing some research about Indigo,Jimyee's art gallery.

Dara:Indigo? Found it!

Dara clicks the website and it opens.

Dara:Jimyee Moron Chan. Hmmmm! Market value 80 thousand won! Not for sale! Why not for sale Mr.Chan? Why not?


At Indigo,the art gallery

Dara enters the art gallery and observes the place.Dara sees the painting of Hussain's and goes closer to it looking for something.

Jimyee:Are you looking for the price tag?

Dara:90 Thousand won...Deal?

Jimyee:Tsk Tsk Tsk And I thought you were interested in art!

Dara: It's to decorate the office!

Jimyee: I like honest!

Dara: I hate fake!

Jimyee: It's impossible to buy this!

Dara:Nothing is impossible!

Jimyee:Honestly the painting is not mine! It's borrowed from the Choi brothers.

Dara:Steel and power Choi?

Jimyee:Yes! Dongwoon and Minho Choi.Joint owners!

Dara:Couldn't you have told me this earlier?

Jimyee: I can set up your meeting with Mr.Choi. If you can convince them then painting is yours!

Dara:And you get your commission.

Jimyee:Hard-earned commission!

Dara:Mr.Chan I would like to meet the older Mr.Choi if possible.His position is weaker so he will surrender faster than the other! The meeting has to be within tomorrow! The day after tomorrow I want the painting in the wall for the opening!

Jimyee:Well you can only talk within the phone!

Dara:Phone is good.Bye then!


At Dara's office

*RING RING RING RING RING*

Dara:Hello?

TOP is talking to her using different voices he can mock.

Female Voice:Is this Dara Park?

Dara:Yes!

Female voice: I am calling from Choi company to inform you that Mr.Choi is not interested in selling his painting!

Dara:But we are offering more than the market value!

Female Voice:This is all Mr.Choi's decision!

Dara:Wait! Can I at least talk to him.

Female:Okay! Hold On!

TOP changes his voice into a older male voice.

Older male:Hello? We will not sell that painting!

Dara:Mr.Choi that painting is wort 80 thousand won and we are ready to offer you 90 thousand won.

Older:Well I am not!

Dara:One million!

Older:No!

Dara:One million and 20 thousand Final offer!

Older:Are you insulting me?

Dara:Your younger brother is insulting you!

Older:What do you mean by that?

Dara:We both know that your brother wants to take 51 percent of the companyn so he can sideline and eventually oust you! There's bound to be a split in the company and it's assets.Will the Hussain be yours or your brother's?

Older: I guess you are right!

Dara:If we are willing to pay half in cash and the rest of the 60 in cheque with receipt will it be okay? So deal?

Older:Yes but give Jimyee his commission on the full price.Pick the painting from the gallery and give Jimyee his commission and also hand him my suitcase with cash in it! Get the cheque sent to my office by speed post.

Dara:Are you sure? Hand over 60 thousand won in cash to Jimyee?

Older:Yes I trust him!

Dara:Fine bye!

Dara hangs up the phone.

(TOP:Inner Thoughts=Bingo!)


At the Indigo

Dara:Here is the money! Give it to Mr.Choi.

Dara gives the suitcase to Jimyee,


At the Opening

Mic:Now presenting the amazing painting of Mr.M.F.Hussain!

Everyone claps their hands.

*RING RING RING*

Boss:Hello When are you coming here Mr.Choi?

Mr.Choi:First tell me how dare you set claims on my Hussain painting? We never had any deal and what rumours are you spreading?

Boss:Call Dara here now!


With Dara and her boss

Dara:That painting is not fake sir! Mr.Choi is confused.

Boss:Mr.Choi is the owner of Choi Steel and Power not a desperate manager level employee like you who will use some cheap tricks to get a promotion!

Dara:Not cheap tricks sir! I only followed your orders.

Boss:Order was to get a genuine painting not a fake! How will I justify such a big scam?

Dara:Not a scam sir! Mistake!

Boss:Really? And who will prove if it is a scam or a mistake?

Dara: I will prove it sir!

Boss:You'd better Dara Park. You'd better!

Dara angrily phones Jimyee but gets a voice message.It goes into his voicemail which plays this famous dialogue that Minzy heard.

''At times one has to lose to win and that player is called The Ultimate Winner!''

Dara angrily hangs up the phone.Lots of reporters come to Dara.

Reporter:Miss.Dara Park is it true that someone has conned your company and sold you a fake Hussain painting?There is speculation that it's not a con but a scam and you are involved in this.

Dara:Do I look like scamster to you?!?!?! Am I some theif? I have done a B Tech degree from IIT and a MBA from IIM! I am a honest employee and I love this job,this companyn and I will never ever con my bosses! I have been conned.A man called Jimyee Chan has conned me.Surely this is not his real name or his first con.For him it was just a shortcut to make money but for me my honesty,my identity,my commitment,my job,my future are all at stake! I am gonna track him down and recover my company's money! I will arrest him and prove to him that I am innocent and he is a criminal.


Author:Hey Thanks for reading the second chapter and please do comment :D The others will come soon.This is Dara's story and how she got fooled by TOP(Jimyee) Please do read my another story which has TOPBOM and other couples in it and it is called ''I just know that you are my ahne and I am your namphyon.'' :D  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/355318 <----- Just click here! :D