Four

If You Were Not A Dream

She came back to Korea not for this.

Ae Ra sighed quietly, looking out at the bright sky out there. How come she was unconscious for a month already? Everything out there looked normal, but she was out of this world for weeks.

She wondered if Nara - her sister - knew about this. She didn’t, Ae Ra bet. If she did, she would be here right now. There were only two of them left in this world, leaning on each other to grow up. Their parents died in a car accident, leaving the sisters alone in this cruel world. But at least their relatives were very kind and good to them. Until they grew up enough, they decided they could go on their own. And since then Ae Ra and Nara lived by themselves. Ae Ra was interested in working, while Nara was more interested in going here and there around the world. Ae Ra didn’t wanna force her sister to do something she didn’t like, so she let the kid do what she wanted. She knew their parents, and Ae Ra herself had raised and educated the kid well enough to be a good girl, that she could be on her own if she wanted. But the kid promised Ae Ra she would contact her at least once a month. Meaning, she might be looking for her whereabouts now.  

Ae Ra loved to work, dedicated all her mind and time to the business which their parents left for them. The business at that time was not something too much then. Since their parent’s death, Ae Ra took all her time to study and learned everything, because she knew she should, she had to continue her family’s business. 

But what her parents truly wished was, having a real business in their homeland, Korea. That was why Ae Ra came back to this country. She wanna fulfill that wish for their parents.

But she hadn’t done anything yet was stuck in a car accident, in a coma for a month, and now she didn’t really know where to start again.

Contact Nara, she should do that first and foremost.

Ae Ra turned back, intended to ask for her phone, if they still kept it. And she was nearly screamed if it’s not because was still so dry, when she saw a man in suit sitting comfortably on the couch in her room.

Wait, when did he get in here?

____________

Ae Ra frowned her eyes when that guy didn’t answer her question.

She knew him. Being a Korean, you could not neglect to what happened in your home country. She kept updating news - various news - from Korea. Of course, she surely knew some celebrities.

This G-Dragon guy was looking at her with shocking eyes, as if she was a ghost to him. But she should be the one being shocked here. Why on earth he was here, in her room? What did he have to do with her?

“Hey, G-Dragon-ssi, I asked why are you here?” She asked again, annoyingly being stared. “Do I know you personally?”

“Wait, you know me?” The guy seemed to have his voice back.

“Yes, I do, but not personally. Why are you here? And I don’t remember hearing the door opened....” She looked at the door with a frown. “Did you invite yourself in?”

“You can see me?” Jiyong was asking her tentatively now.

“Yes, you are sitting right there, why wouldn’t I?” Ae Ra asked confusedly.

Just right then, the door opened, revealed Dr. Jung and his nurse.

"Miss. Shin, ready for check-ups?" Dr. Jung asked with a warm smile.

"What is he doing here?" Ae Ra asked, pointing at where Jiyong sat.

"Who?" They looked back. "There is no one Miss. Shin." Dr Jung eyed Ae Ra carefully.

"He's right there!" Ae Ra frowned.

"They don't see me." Jiyong spoke up from his spot, still leaning comfortably against the couch.

Ae Ra turned to look at him, then back to Dr. Jung who was casting her a worried look.

Oh s h i t. Ae Ra thought.

"Are you alright?" Dr. Jung asked concernedly. "I think we need to check more..." He turned to the nurse besides.

"I'll be ready in a moment. Give me some minutes." Ae Ra said slowly.

"Sure. Nurse Kim here will be back to assist you in 10 more minutes then." Dr. Jung smiled and took a leave.

Ae Ra snapped her head to Jiyong once the door was closed. "What happened to you?"

Jiyong raised an eyebrow at her question.

"I can see you but others cannot. You.....you're a ghost now?" Ae Ra whispered.

"YAH!" Jiyong shouted, which made Ae Ra jump. "Thank God finally there is someone can hear my voice now." He mumbled to himself. "I don't know why but...." Jiyong said. "I am the other driver in your accident, Ae Ra-ssi."

Ae Ra was speechless in 10 seconds until she stammered. "W-what?"

"Your car hit mine, or vice versa, whatever." Jiyong sighed.

"So the one Dr. Jung said to be still in a coma.... is you?" Ae Ra's voice cannot be any smaller.

"Yeah...."

"I got into an accident with G-Dragon?" Ae Ra talked to herself now. "Oh s h i t..."

"Hey!" Jiyong glared. "What is that reaction?"

"But...why are you here?"

"I don't know too, enlighten me." Jiyong examined his fingers carefully. "I only know when I woke up, I found out my body was still on bed, and no matter how I tried to call or grab someone, it failed."

"Ok....I get it...." Ae Ra said slowly. "Can we talk later when I’m done with these check-ups?" Ae Ra massaged her head. "I guess I need to help you figure out the solution."

"Sure, take your time, I'll wait here. I have no one else who can see and talk to me anyway." Jiyong said leisurely.

Nurse Kim stepped inside right about time and Ae Ra spared a glance to Jiyong, then left her room.

......

Never before Jiyong wanted to talk so badly like right now.

He never be the talkative type. He's usually quiet, just talked and fooled around with those who he was really closed with. But he didn't talk for a month, and now suddenly there was someone who could hear him, he wanna talk, A LOT.

He watched as Ae Ra once again was deep in her sleep again. It felt weird, but he thought he kinda like this image of her.

Ae Ra was back in her room after hours of checking up. Jiyong spent hours doing nothing, just sitting at her couch, and waited for her. He only cared about what he gonna talk to her now, maybe she could help him. Actually she could, A LOT.

When she was back, she went to sleep immediately though, ignored an eager Jiyong. She just mumbled, "I am so tired, sorry, let's talk later ok?" and closed her eyes. Jiyong laughed nevertheless, because he thought she was cute, not freaking seeing Jiyong still in her couch and even bothered to say sorry to him just because she wanna sleep.

Tomorrow, when she woke up, they could talk more.