Twenty

If You Were Not A Dream

“I told you, didn’t I?” Ae Ra was about to walk away after closing the door, but Seungri’s malice voice woke her up from her chain of thoughts. “He won’t even spare glance at you. You’re not the type of girl usually catches hyung’s eyes.”

 

Turning her head sharply to glare at him, Ae Ra noticed the way Jiyong’s bodyguards glanced at her. Ignored him, she walked off the area, but she heard footsteps right behind her back, indicated he was following her out.

 

“What exactly is your problem with me, Seungri-ssi?” Ae Ra turned back again and asked Seungri with a clear voice. She stopped walking with a noticeable sound of the high-heel she was wearing and folded her arms together. “At least I wanna know the real reason behind all these hatred of yours towards me.”

 

“I just dislike you.” Seungri shrugged, put his hands deep inside pockets.

 

“And why are you following me now?” Ae Ra narrowed her eyes.

 

“To give you a warning.” Despite all the things and words this guy used to say to her face, Ae Ra still had this admiration for him. His eyes, they were always so determined. And he gave out a strong influence, an authoritative one.

 

Jiyong used to tell her about the Lee Seunghyun - his most beloved dongsaeng. Surely, he loved both Daesung and Seungri as his own brothers. But Jiyong always had this special love for Seungri. Aside finding the kid cute and adorable, Jiyong always, secretly, admired and be proud of this kid.

 

“He’s the youngest member in our group, yet the most mature one. Sometimes, it annoyed us when he made us looked like spoiled and idiotic kids, while he was like the biggest hyung of ours, hard working, thoughtful, having wide knowledge, good social skill, having a wide connection.... Even Seunghyun hyung complained nonstop about him making people misunderstand he as the eldest member, not hyung. The kid is very good, he knows what he wants, and he always tries his best to archive them. I don’t say that we ain’t like that, but, Seungri, his determination is something no one can compete with. Looking at him, I found strength and motivation to work harder, because, if my dongsaeng can do it, why can’t I?”

 

“I’m all ears now. Speak.” Ae Ra motioned for him to speak, calmly stood there and waited.

 

“Now hyung is awake, you should know your place and stop appearing in front him.” Seungri said as equally calmly. “I told you this not just as hyung’s brother, but also as a celebrity. He just got his life back, the last thing he needs in life is some trouble enough to create a scandal and all. Beside, as I said, his life doesn’t need you to make it more complicated than it already is.”

 

“But this kid has some problems too. I think the biggest one is his manner. Over the years he got better, but I think, if it’s not his friends or beloved one, he would be a bit harsh and careless and kinda a pain in the .”

 

Remembered Jiyong’s words, I smiled inwardly. Jiyong knew so well about Seungri. and Seungri loved him a lot, I could see that. He loved and cared about this hyung too much to care about politeness and anything which could be considered as rational. Love controlled people’s emotions and actions, I always believed so.

 

“Alright.” I unfolded my arms and walked away. “This will be the last time you see me, I promise, Seungri-ssi.”

 

_____

 

Ae Ra silently watched Jiyong being stuffed  in the middle of a bunch of bodyguards. There must be at least 10 of them. But that was not as hectic as what going on not far away from where he stood.

 

People. People were everywhere. Girls, women. Guys, men. Younger, elder. She never knew how big as a celebrity G-Dragon was, until that moment.

 

They tried to make it in silence, but somehow they found out that G-Dragon gonna be released from the hospital at midnight today. Fans and non-fans were gathering, to welcome him back, to cheery him up, or just because they’re curious. After all, he was unseen for nearly a year.

 

“Before our debut, I craved for public attention. When we became famous with our very 1st hit song LIES, I loved it. When we got more and more fame with hit song after hit song, I enjoyed it. But recently, there were moments I felt fed up with it. Sometimes it even came to the point I was tired of it. Sometimes I was also scared of it.”

 

What he was feeling at this very moment, Ae Ra wasn’t sure. She knew some of Kwon Jiyong’s feelings, but not G-Dragon’s.

 

“Sometimes, Kwon Jiyong and G-Dragon are two entirely different people.”

 

From the afar, Ae Ra couldn’t know what laying under those sunglasses. Jiyong she knew didn’t smile too often too, but somehow this unsmiling G-Dragon even looked more distant than her Jiyong. The more she looked at him from her spot, the more she felt like she was looking at a completely different person.

 

His life doesn’t need you to make it more complicated than it already is. Seungri’s words flooded back to Ae Ra’s mind. How complicated the life of G-Dragon was, Ae Ra could begin to get an idea now.

 

_____

 

Ae Ra looked up when she heard the door opened, signalized someone just came in. Standing up, she bowed deeply while the middle age woman slowly strode towards her table.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Kwon.” She said after straightening up, smiled a bit.

 

“What’s that?” Jiyong’s mom scowled, patted her shoulders lightly. “I told you to call me mom, remembered?”

 

Ae Ra didn’t reply, just smiled awkwardly and sat down after Mrs. Kwon took her place. She waited until the waitress walked off with her order of a hot tea, then she said to Ae Ra. “Where have you been? I’ve been trying to contact you but could not.”

 

“I lost my phone.” She lied. She had been avoided Jiyong’s mom, as well as anyone connected to him.  “It’s not until last night I found the paper with your number in it.” She said apologetically.

 

“How are you lately?” Mrs. Kwon asked warmly.

 

“I’m good.” Ae Ra smiled back. “My sister is here with me right now, so things have been good.” She caressed her coffee. “But I’m leaving tomorrow.”

 

“What? To where?” Mrs. Kwon was taken aback with this sudden news.

 

“My company in England has problem which needs me to take care of. I have to go back there.”

 

It’s true that she got a call from her cousin, but it’s not really an urgent situation. Nothing her cousin could not handle. But Ae Ra had thought thoroughly and decided to go back, at least for a while. It was time for Nara to take care of their business also. The kid expressed her will to settle in Korea for a long time, and she was just thinking about letting Nara help her with all the works here, while she went back to England.

 

“Is it because of Jiyong waking up?” Mrs. Kwon asked quietly. “I know you’re hurt when he doesn’t remember you.” She took Ae Ra’s hands and squeezed them. “I know there was something going on between you two.”

 

Ae Ra blushed. She and Jiyong never told his mom about their relationship. Well, it was embarassed enough for her to talk with his mom on his behalf.

 

“I know my son.” Mrs. Kwon smiled. “As an artist he might look like a player and picky, but as my son, I know what would capture his interest. I would be surprised if he did not fall for you. You’re such a nice and lovely girl, Ae Ra.”

 

Seeing Ae Ra didn’t say anything, just smiled and took a sip of her coffee, Mrs. Kwon continued. “Do you want me to tell him about you?”

 

“No.” Ae Ra said quickly, too quickly that even herself surprised. “I don’t think what happened between us should be told to anyone else, even Jiyong himself now. No one gonna believe. Besides, it’s no use. He doesn’t have any memory about that time anymore. He just got his life back, I don’t wanna bring more burden for him.” Yes, Lee Seunghyun had been right. That kid, she always admired him.  

 

“But you cannot leave like this!”

 

“It’s an honor, to get to know you, and Jiyong.” Ae Ra squeezed Mrs. Kwon’s hands. “Thank you for being so nice to me, oma. Jiyong is blessed to have such a wonderful mom like you.” Ae Ra felt her eyes getting hot, and her vision started becoming blur. “Maybe we had a fate, but it ended at where it’s supposed to be. Now we each live a different life, there’s nothing I can do for him anymore.” A tear rolled down on her cheek, Ae Ra embarrassedly wiped it away. “Please take care of Jiyong, for me.”

 

“Will you come back here?” Mrs. Kwon asked softly after Ae Ra’s hair to soothe her.

 

“Soon, oma.”

 

That ‘soon’ of Ae Ra turned to years.

 

___

 

Incheon airport in an early December day.

 

She kept bouncing on her feet, excited to wait for the glass door to open. She could not help it. She was too excited to see her one and only beloved sibling again after years of only contacting via emails and international calls.

 

“Unnie!” She shouted instantly the moment the door opened, revealing bunches of people strolling their luggages, looking for their family or friends.

 

The greeted girl smiled, smirked to be exact. She took off her sunglasses, revealing a deep black eyes with no makeup, shining brightly under the lights.

 

She squealed and ran off to hug the girl. She laughed, patting her back. “Look at you, you’re making a scene.” She brushed some hairs out of her face.

 

“Unnie, let’s go. My fiance prepared an apartment for you.” She dragged her sister’s wrist eagerly.

 

“Honestly, Nara. I just landed for 5 minutes and you already rant about that precious fiance of yours.” Ae Ra rolled her eyes dramatically.

 

Nara smiled sheepishly and grinned at her sister. “You’ll like him. He’s very confident about that. He said all noona like him.”

 

“Nara.” Ae Ra scolded. “I said stop ranting about him. We will talk about him tomorrow when I meet him. Now shut up and show me a place to sleep. I didn’t get any sleep on that ing long flight.” She grunted and put back her sunglasses on.

 

“Unnie is having PMS.” Nara chirped teasingly with an easy smile, making Ae Ra just wanna roll her eyes and ignore that stupid girl who was currently head over heels in love with some guys she claimed to be the love of her life. Well, the dude even asked her sister for marriage, she guessed they must be serious then. She went all the way from England to Korea again just to meet this guy after all.

 

“Thankfully you were in England by the time I contacted you.” Nara said once they settled inside her car. A red Lexus, too fabulous for someone like Nara, Ae Ra thought. She giggled at the thought though. “What are you laughing about?” Nara asked suspiciously.

 

“This car.” She laughed out loud. “And what with me being in England?”

 

“What’s wrong with this car?” Nara raised an eyebrow. “She’s perfect. And I mean, you’re always here and there God-knows-where these years, it’s hard to locate where you were.”

 

“The car is beautiful.” Ae Ra nodded. “But you’re not. So you guys aren’t mean for each other.” Ae Ra laughing when Nara slapped her shoulders.

 

It’s true though, Ae Ra was not in one place too long for the past 3 years. She kept coming and going from here to there. She did what Nara did before, explored the world.

 

She went everywhere, except coming back Korea. Not until now.

 

__

 

“This dude is something huh?” Ae Ra asked amusingly, observing the inside of her new apartment. “How on earth he could find an apartment like this in this area, at this time of the year?”

 

Nara had informed her that the wedding would take place 2 months from now, and she begged Ae Ra to come back to Korea to help her with works and the wedding preparation, since she was her only family. She said her fiancé had prepared a nice place for Ae Ra to stay in the time she was in Korea, and that somehow earned him some brownie points from Ae Ra already, for being thoughtful and well-prepared.

 

It’s a nice apartment, a luxurious to be exact, on the 8th floor of building in Hongdae, and it’s the hottest time of the year when real estate was doing big business which made people earn and lose much money from it.

 

“You’re my only sister, my only family, and you’re from high-class, he could not be careless, could he?” Nara said with a wink.

 

“What does he do, as in career?” Ae Ra raised an eyebrow. This guy must do something which could earn him this much money to spend on his girlfriend’s sister just to make her please?

 

“He’s..uhm...a celebrity.”

 

Ae Ra stopped abruptly while she was about to explore the bedroom. “What?”

 

“He’s a singer, a famous one though.” Nara replied nervously.

 

“Do I know him?” Ae Ra asked, feeling not good about this even though she was not sure why.

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Tomorrow you’ll meet him unnie, I don’t wanna spill the beans.” Nara cooed her sister while opening the fridge. “You want some milk?”

 

“I have a bad feeling about this.” Ae Ra murmured quietly.

 

____

 

The moment that black Audi stopped, and the door opened revealed a handsome guy stepped out, hastily walked over to the passenger seat with a goofy smile to open the door for her sister, Ae Ra knew there was no way her comeback this time to Korea would be quiet. Hell, there was NO WAY.

 

She grabbed her water on the table and gulped whatever inside down in a shot.

 

Ae Ra watched with a poker face, when the guy walked into their seclude restaurant with Nara’s arms lock around his, a confident smile on his face. He leaned in to whisper something to her sister’s face, and Nara kissed his cheek sweetly, which made him smile even bigger. That smile, however, soon vanished abruptly when he saw the woman sitting with arms folded on the direction Nara was leading him to. He stopped in his track, a look of horror on his face.

 

“S-s-hin A-a-e R-r-ra?” He stammered, voice full of disbelief.

 

“Yah! That is unnie!” Nara shoved off his arm from hers, an angry look on her face. “How dare you address my sister in such a rude way! Where is your manner?”

 

“S-she’s your s-s-siter?” Seungri once again stammered with incoherent words. He turned to look at Nara, fearfully.

 

“Easy, Nara.” Ae Ra said, unamusing by the dramatic scene, even though she was rather surprised at how Seungri still remembered her. “He always called me like that anyway.” She suddenly felt headache all over again.

 

Nara spun on her heels. “You two knew each other?” She asked cautiously.

 

“That’s not important right now.” Ae Ra unfolded her arms. “Come and sit. We need to finish today’s mission.” She stood up. “Settle in. I’ll go to the washroom a bit. Call them to serve the food. I’m hungry.”

 

Confusedly, and still slightly angry, Nara pushed her fiance gently to the chairs in front of them. The guy didn’t leave his eyes from Ae Ra, still in his utter shock because of what just happened.

 

Ae Ra closed her eyes, letting her headache subside. Everytime she remembered about the time she was in Korea before, her head slightly got hurt. Seeing Seungri again, it was like a strong impact, she felt suffocative . She didn’t know this kind of karma could happen.

 

Shin Nara, that kid, how, when and where she met Seungri? And what, fiancé? Oh my God…. Their relationship has reached that depth already? Of all people, why it must be someone Jiyong-related? Wait, does Nara know Jiyong too?

 

When Ae Ra was back to their table, she noticed the tense atmosphere between the couple. Nara looked slightly hurt, while Seungri just avoided to look at her altogether.

 

“First.” Ae Ra said in a clear voice after resuming her previous spot, once again folded her arms. “Shin Nara, before that imaginative mind of yours creates any wild idea about why I knew him, first and foremost, no, we didn’t date, I am not his ex.” Knowing Nara, she knew what that kid might have in mind. “And you, Lee Seunghyun,” She turned to look at Seungri with a sharp look. “I guess you have to call me noona for real this time then.”

 

Ae Ra narrowed her eyes when both of them shyly avoided her gaze, as if what she just spoke was what exactly they had in mind.

 

“Well?” Ae Ra raised her eyebrows.

 

“Yes unnie.” Nara quickly said.

 

“Yes, n-n-n-n-n-oona.” Seungri quickly followed after, with a bit difficulty, still refused to look at Ae Ra.

 

“Alright, whatever gonna happen, let’s eat first.” Ae Ra sighed and picked up her chopsticks.

 

She never skipped her dinner from 3 years ago, no matter what happened. She would never miss her dinner anymore. That was what she promised to Jiyong before.




 

A/N:

First, for those who are waiting for an update for Shelter ,I am sorry -__- my life is angst recently, I don’t have the mood to write fluff right now, and that story is on fluff time, so, yeah, I’ll try again next week. I’m sorry.

Second, I am really nervous for this chapter. You guys’ comments on the last chapter gave me great motivation and inspiration, and I am nervous if I could meet you guys’ expectation. I’m very happy for the great responses for the last 2 chapters, so I hope the following chapters could have received the same positive feedback. How was it? Tell me honestly, please, because it will only make me write better <3

And, hehe, yes, this is why i made Seungri be such a jerk at first. Not to create some love triangle or such, but for this twist *evil laugh*. Seungri, I told you to behave, why didn’t you? *tsk*

Please gimme some comments, will you guys?

You guys are awesome, as always <3

Night lovelies <3

Rosie.

 

p/s: congratulation maknae, finnaly you're on top of BIGBANGBURGER

(source) i love them so much *sigh*