Fourteen

If You Were Not A Dream

Jiyong watched as Ae Ra existed the bathroom, a wince was visible on her face. She flopped down the bed and groaned loudly, a hand pressed down on her stomach.

 

“Jiyong….” Ae Ra said, her voice muffled through the pillow. “Can you…..be somewhere else?” She groaned when another wave of pain shot through her stomach. “This is embarrassing…” She mumbled quietly.

“Hey…” He called out softly, inched closer to her bed. “Are you alright? This is serious. Maybe you should visit doctor?” He said worriedly, peering left and right to get a better look at her face. “Hey, Ae Ra!” He tried to shake her shoulders, but, of course, it’s not like he could touch her for real, so she remained unmoving.

“It hurts…” She choked, turned around a bit to lay on her side, her face twisted in a painful expression. “I think I can die.” She gasped when another pain appeared.

“Don’t say stupid thing.” Jiyong scolded, sat down on the bed, biting his lips while looking at her. “Are you sure it’s just your period? It can’t be this hurt.”

“How much do you know about women’s problems?” She smiled weakly, pressed her hand harder to numb the pain. “Though it’s true I never be this hurt.”

“I have a sister, if you forgot.” He pouted, using his fingers to set aside some of the hairs on her face, still ignored the fact that he could not touch her for real. Ae Ra was too tired to notice the worried look on his face. “And some girlfriends too.”

That caught Ae Ra’s attention. She focused on his face, and he had this boyish goofy shy yet wicked smile. Frowning, she raised an eyebrow at him. “What do guys think about their girlfriend’s monthly problem then, may I ask?” She asked, to have something to do to distract her cramps.

“It’s nature.” He shrugged, and she scoffed. “Sometimes it’s a pain in the to us. You know…..”

She looked at him with a pointed look, rolled her eyes at him. “Seriously, Jiyong.”

He grinned. “But I myself found the PMS thingy amusing.” Seeing her frown, he explained more. “I mean, how girls all sensitive and moody and tempered, it’s….amusing.”

“You’re weird.” She winced when another wave of cramps attacked. “Argh….” She whined. “Why….”

“Can you get up?” He instantly went back to worry. “Use some ice pack or even medicine. When my girlfriends had periods before, I usually used ice packs to help them ease the pain.” He observed her face, which was glistening with her sweets on forehead. “I wish I could help you right now.”

Ae Ra turned to look at him, and Jiyong was kind of nervous of how intense her gaze was, despite the pain distracting her. “Such a thoughtful boyfriend.” He heard she mumbled before she went back to bury her face under the pillow. And if he didn’t see it wrongly, she…. scowled?

“Hey hey what’s wrong?” He leaned over. “Did I say something wrong?”

“No.” Ae Ra replied curtly. “You just made me realize how my love life is.” She still refused to emerge from her pillow.

“I didn’t mean….” Jiyong winced. He never asked, but despite many times they talked about various things in this world, he never heard anything about Ae Ra’s love life, that was for sure. He came to the conclusion that maybe she had some sad love story in the past and decided not to tell about it ever again. “It’s just….I’m just the kind of cheesy boyfriend, I heard.” He chuckled nervously, hoped to distract Ae Ra with his previous words.

“I am kinda curious.” She turned back swiftly to her side, facing Jiyong which made him startle. She pulled the blanket higher to snuggle closer inside. “From what I saw on the Internet, you’re famous to be a smooth lover. Is that true?”

He laughed, threw his head back and barked out loudly. “I don’t know, maybe.” He winked.

“But I also heard that you’re a player.” She raised an eyebrow. “That is true, too?”

“Of course not!” He immediately defended himself, using a palm to hold on his chest, pretended to be hurt. “I worship women and love.” He declared proudly.

“If you don’t mind,” She scooted closer to him, when Jiyong was back with her, he widened his eyes seeing her face right next to where he sat. “How many girlfriends did you have?”

“Uhm…” He cleared his throat and looked away. “Some.”

“Fine.” She laughed and went back to her previous spot on the pillow. “I have my answer then.”

It’s weird, Jiyong thought, how awkward Jiyong felt about their atmosphere but Ae Ra seemed not. It’s either Ae Ra was too comfortable around him or Jiyong was too sensitive. He’s skillful in handling women & girls for heaven’s sake! How on earth he felt this nervous around her?

“How does it feel….” He turned back to her when he heard her sudden quiet voice. “...to be in a relationship?” She asked without looking at him, hiding most of her face under the blanket and shut her eyes.

Jiyong didn’t know how to respond, since he kinda got the reason why she never told him about her love life before.

“I’m curious….” She spoke quietly from under the blanket. “What it feels like…..to be loved by some man. I just never…..” She let out a frustrated sigh. “Ugh why am I moody and pathetic like this.” She appeared suddenly to the air again, pulled out her cover abruptly and yelped when she saw Jiyong’s face next to her.

He had lied down next to her.

Ae Ra knew she should have extract herself apart far from him, but for some reason, despite how startled she felt, she just swallowed and look back at him.

“You’ve never been in a relationship before?” Jiyong whispered softly, sending a sea of emotions which Ae Ra wasn’t sure what they were through those dark brown eyes of his.

“Yes….” She mumbled, embarrassedly looked away. “For some reason, men seems to dislike me, I see. Or it’s just I’m boring.”

26 years, yet Ae Ra never be in any romantic relationship. Sometimes she wondered if something was wrong with her. Or was it a karma for she went overprotective of her sister when there were many boys tried to get Nara’s attention when she was just seventeen? She scared all the kids away. Even Nara used to went mad at her because of that, but she kept her strict rule to her little sister, no dating until graduated high school. But once Nara turned eighteen, she never had any objection on who the girl dated anymore, as long as she herself felt the guy ok.

Ae Ra sighed. Maybe it was because she was too dedicated to work and business. Maybe it was because she hardly pay any attention to anyone as how a girl in her twenties should have. Maybe it was because she was tired of being the one having feelings for the guy first, after the 2 crushes she had in university and early business days. But sometimes, she could not help but feeling lonely on certain days, like weekends, holidays, Valentine’s Day, or just...rainy days.

“No, they’re just blind.” He said after watching how distant she was, lost in her thoughts. “I would have dated you if I were them.”

Now Jiyong could feel how tense Ae Ra visibly became. He chuckled inwardly. So she was not totally immune with him. He nearly thought she just saw him as a friend, not as a man. For some reason, that thought made him depressed.

Ever since coming back to her side, Ae Ra always refused to let Jiyong out of her sight. Things were still complicated, with reporters and all stalked her everyday now. But Ae Ra had other important things to take care than just sitting and worried about the press. Jiyong still remembered that morning, when they just stepped out of her apartment yet had to face with some saseng fans of Jiyong.

“Not again.” Ae Ra mumbled in defeated, groaned. She briefly glared at Jiyong before facing 4 little girls in their uniform. “Morning ladies, what are you doing here? Aren’t you all supposed to be in school now?” She said before anyone could say anything, cast a fake sweet smile to them.

“Where are you gonna go?” One of the girl asked. “You aren’t about to visit oppa right?”

“What if I am?” Ae Ra raised an eyebrow and looked at her watch. She cursed at how she was about to late for the meeting which would happen in nearly 50 more minutes. “Look, I don’t have time right now, really. Can we talk later?” She tapped each of their shoulders and waved carelessly before leaving the scene, and when Jiyong turned his head back, those little schoolgirls had this awestruck expression on their faces.

But what’s funnier was what happened later.

Those girls really did wait for Ae Ra until she went home again later that night. Seeing them outside her building again, Ae Ra roller her eyes. “Wow, you got quite dedicated fans I guess.” She said mockingly to Jiyong before heading to the group again.

“What’s this?” She asked while walking to them. “You guys really waited for me for a whole day like this? Why?”

“We just wonder….” One of the girls - different from the one in the morning - said in a nervous tone to Ae Ra. “Could you help us to visit oppa in the hospital?”

Both Ae Ra and Jiyong was taken aback by this request. “W-what?” Ae Ra thought she heard it wrong? “What did you just say?”

“Unnie,” Another girl grabbed Ae Ra’s arms and squeeze it. Ae Ra nearly jumped. Not only they called her “unnie” now, they even begged her now? “Please? We know you still visit him everyday, we follow you everyday. Can you help us? Please, unnie?” They took turn to plead her, clinging to her arms and Ae Ra started to feel uncomfortable.

One of the girls suddenly kneeled down the ground. “Unnie, I am sorry for attacking you earlier. Please forgive me and help me. We are so worried about oppa.” She said with a sincere voice and nearly cried out.

Ae Ra hastily kneeled down with her. “Hey what’s wrong? When did you attack me?” She looked up to see Jiyong stood there, she looked at him as if asking  “What’s the hell going on here?”

“They are the ones attacking you in front of the hospital the other day.” Jiyong sighed.

“Hey hey it’s ok.” She went back to soothe the depressing girl when she heard what Jiyong said. “I am alright, you knew it’s wrong that is good enough.” She scooted the girl to stand up. “And don’t worry too much about your oppa. He’s doing good.”

“How did you know?” The little girl sobbed while slowly getting up. she hiccupped. “If he’s doing good why hasn’t he woken up yet?”

“He will, soon.” She patted the girl sympathetically. “You guys just need to stay strong and support him no matter what.”

Seeing how the girl was still so depressing, and her friends looked so gloomy as well when trying to comfort her, Ae Ra sighed. “Alright, unnie will treat you guys something nice. Let’s go.” Jiyong widened his eyes when he saw Ae Ra wrapped her arm around the girls’ shoulders like she was their best friend.

“Ya ya what are you doing? Don’t go with them! They are dangerous!” He panicked but she just rolled her eyes at him and ignored him altogether.

It turned out that they (Ae Ra and his fans) had some fun time together that night. Ae Ra treated the girls the infamous street food pork skin and the girls treated her back with some more hours of singing karaoke. Jiyong facepalmed himself most of the time. Even though no one beside Ae Ra could see him, he felt so embarrassed for Ae Ra herself - some elegant 20-ish businesswoman lose herself nearly completely, shouted and yelled and sang with a terrible voice like a drunk and wasted teenage girl. But once she took the school girls to their home safely, suddenly she went back to be sober and normal, which surprised Jiyong.

“Why did you do so?” Jiyong asked her when they walked back to her apartment.

Ae Ra shrugged. “They are just kids, and you need to treat kids the right way to lead them to be adults later.”

“By eating and singing with them?” He raised an eyebrow at her.

“By being their friend.” She punched in the password of her apartment, closing it with her foot. “I’m just glad they realized what is right and what is wrong.”

He liked her. That was for sure. He had too many relationships before to deny what was the feeling he had right now. But what surprised him was Ae Ra was not his usual type, like, he usually didn’t get interest in girls like her. What were girls like Ae Ra then? He didn’t know for sure. He just knew that he didn’t take interest in someone like her before.

Maybe it was because he depended much on her now, or maybe it was because she was the only one he was able to talk to everyday. But the girl had her unique charms also, which were not easy to recognize though, and needed time to get to know. Actually, if one could not get closer to her, they would not be able to know the real Ae Ra. Outside, she was…..all she cared about was her works, and even though Jiyong had observed her closely, he never saw her acting like how a girl in her age should have. He meant, well, she did wear make-up, but didn’t really head-over-heels with it. She did wear different type of clothes and all, but she never really too crazy about it like...well, like how he was. When her staffs asked her for a hang-out night with them at clubs or go drinking, even though she really wanna go, she just refused and stayed late because of work. She had met many and various kinds of people, also men, but Jiyong personally thought she didn’t give out anything for any of them to actually think of something further than business with her.

She was a loner, lonely in her own world.

And that just created this urge in Jiyong, to pull out the hidden charms inside her. He knew she had it, she just didn’t know about it and unintentionally hid it. He really meant it. If he could, he would date her. He wanna see the loving side of her. He wanna see how would she treat her mean. It was like, she was an unknown number, something mystery which was waiting to be discovered.

“I w-w-will go get the ice bag.” Jiyong heard Ae Ra’s shy words, pulling him out of his thoughts. He just chuckled with a low voice, amused at how she avoided him, especially his eyes. Handling shy girls was always easier for the great G-Dragon.

He got up and stalked right behind her. When she just opened the fridge to get the bag, he whispered next to her ears, right behind her neck. “Why? Why are you so shy? Did I say something wrong again?”

She slowly turned back, her face was just milimet apart from his. She blinked when she saw a lazy smirk on his face. “W-what are you doing?”

“I’m serious.” He dropped the smirked and replaced with a solemn face. “You wanna know how it feels like to be in a relationship? I will show you.”

 

 

___________

A/N:

For some reason, I am kinda nervous for you guys' feedbacks for this chap \./

How was it? I (tried to) put some fluff in this chapter, but it seems to fail LOL

Urgh it's like this, I am at writing beautiful words so lemme explain more here :D i mean, Ae Ra here is like.....she's not exactly that kind of hot or attractive girl by appearance or attitude. I mean, she's...normal, just normal. She's not hot tempered or angel-like, she's just....alright I guess lol I don't wanna say she's boring, because it'll be like I killed the excitement of my character, but i just wanna describe her as a girl who men won't have romantic feelings at first sight >.< About later, we will find out later /winks/ I just think that kind of personality is more realistic, and right now, what Ji had for her was just the beginning stage, but that was still better than Ae Ra, since what she had for him was zero LOL

So, lemme ask what I'm afraid most, is this chap boring -___-

And OMG DID YOU GUYS WATCH MASTER'S SUN????????? OMFG this is just coincidence T___T Did you watch Ep 15, where Lee Chun Hee's character appeared and said to Tae Gong Sil that she was by his side in her 3 years in coma? OMG i feel so related to my story LOL (but I guess Gong Sil won't go back to him because she had her master alr T___T) And she forgot everything about him when she woke up? Hmmmmmmm...../thinking about what I should do about Jiyong woke up :D/

And, about last chapter, wow, thank you guys so much for the comments. Again, I cannot express enough how grateful and happy I felt whenver I read you guys's comments, long or not. I feel so touched and special *runs to the corner and sobs ugly* i love you guys so much what to do ;___;

I will try harder /bows/

And *shy* can you guys drop by and read my other story too :D SHELTER Give it some comments too if you can :D Thank you guys very much xoxoxoxoxo

Until next chapter then ^___^