Three

If You Were Not A Dream

Shin Ae Ra

The other driver in the accident, who also was in a deep coma like Jiyong. Well maybe she was not anymore, if what maknae said was true.

Leaving Seungri and Youngbae, Jiyong strolled towards a room not far from his. There were doctors and nurses going in and out hurriedly. Stepping inside, Jiyong looked for the face he had grown accustomed to.

Only this time, for the 1st time ever, he saw her eyes being opened.

There she was, sat up straight on the bed, wearing a confusing look on her face, with a messy black hair - and now Jiyong discovered it’s pretty long, even passed through her waist. She had such  pretty eyes though. It’s a mystery shade of black. Normally people here had brown eyes, Jiyong himself too. But this black one, so captivated. She kept glancing around the room, like she was trying to take into the surroundings, ignored the fact that there were doctors and nurses did check up on her.

“Miss Shin, how do you feel?” Dr. Jung, who also was Jiyong’s doctor, gently asked.

Shin Ae Ra seemed to be brought back to reality, she looked at Dr. Jung, still wearing a confusing look. “Where am I?” She asked in a hoarse voice.

“Easy.” Noticing her voice, Dr. Jung signaled for a nurse to give her some water. “You was in an accident, a very serious one, and now you’re in a hospital.”

Resting himself on the couch inside the room, Jiyong listened to their conversation.

Drowning down the water, Shin Ae Ra tried to regain her voice again. “Accident?” Frowning, Ae Ra looked like she was trying to remember something. Then she opened her eyes widely, shot her face up to look at Dr. Jung. “Oh God....that horrible accident!”

“Yes, so I guess you still remember everything.” Dr. Jung sounded relieved. “I was afraid your brain might be damaged due to the accident.”

“What happened? How was the other driver? Wait, how long have I been here?” Ae Ra asked in a row.

“I said easy, you are gonna faint if you keep being like this.” Dr. Jung slightly scowled. “You’ve been here for one month.” He informed.

“One....month?” Ae Ra stammered.

“And the other driver is like you, he’s in a deep coma until now too.”

Ae Ra went speechless with this. She inhaled deeply, and lied down back to her pillow eventually. Maybe the information was too much for her to take in. “I guess the accident is really serious then.” She said quietly.

“How are you?” Dr. Jung asked again.

“Slightly dizzy, a bit headache, and I wanna vomit.” Ae Ra replied with a grimmed face.

“We will check you up later, but you’re awake, that's a very good and blessed thing.” Dr. Jung wrote down something on his paper.

“Ok, rest more. You’re still very weak. We’ll be back later. Do you need anything?” Dr. Jung asked after a while doing his tasks.

“No.” Ae Ra shook her head slowly. “I feel tired.” She admitted and closed her eyes, saying nothing more.

Dr. Jung and the staff left the room quickly, leaving Ae Ra alone in her room.

With Jiyong, or more exactly, Jiyong's soul.

Standing up, Jiyong walked over the bed and staring down at the girl. She was back to her sleep already. Jiyong looked at the familiar face he looked down many times in those scary hours of being lonely and didn’t know what the hell was happening over the past month - a face with closed eyes - the face of unconscious Shin Ae Ra, someone definitely should somehow connected to Jiyong. Well, she was the one Jiyong’s car hit anyway, or vice versa.

There were times Jiyong wondered if she was like him, soul floating somewhere while body was in coma. If she was, why did she not know where was she, right? Or she forgot everything when she’s in coma? And most importantly what made her wake up again? And why he was still being unconscious if she already woke up now?

Shin Ae Ra, age: 26, occupation: no information, address: Room 1427 - Grand Hyatt hotel, that’s all they got from her, or at least it’s what police said to Dr. Jung, and Jiyong overheard. According to their assumption, she might be just some Korean from oversea and had just come back to the country, since her passport which was found inside her car which indicated that she just immigrated to Korea just a few days before the accident.

Since it’s just been a short time Shin Ae Ra was in here before the accident happened, she had no friends, nor acquaintance to visit and take care of her while being in a coma. Dr. Jung had to arrange things for her conditions. And Jiyong could not help but felt pity for her. She must be lonely.

That was why Jiyong found himself visiting her eveytime he wasn’t in his room with his body, or when he didn’t wanna follow his family or friends, when he’s tired and scared of seeing their tears and sad faces. He found...comfort watching her in deep sleep. Car accidents did horrible things to people’s life. He could not help but felt agitated about how their accident making both lives of young people like his and hers suffered.

Something nagged Jiyong inside, and he stood up and went back to his room. Being like this had some advantages too, like, he was extra sensitive and kinda.....into feelings, of other people?

“.....will he wake up too?” His mother’s voice was full of hope and desperation. She was talking to Dr. Jung now. Maybe he stopped by checking Jiyong after visiting Ae Ra.

“Of course. She woke up just now, and seems very fine. I don’t see why our Jiyong doesn’t have a hope.” He reassured Mrs. Kwon, and she let out a happy sob.

“Can I visit her?” His mom offered, which brought a smile to Jiyong’s  face. He always knew his mother was such an angel in the heart. She’s the only one aside Jiyong visited Ae Ra frequently, checked on her and even did some massages for her. The others just asked about “the other driver” and when they found out that she was in a coma too they just went into silent, and....that’s all.

“Maybe. She was asleep again now though. You can visit her later.” Dr. Jung replied. “Don’t worry too much, Mrs. Kwon. He’s doing good. He will wake up soon, I hope.”

---------

After silently watching his mom took care of his body and room and sent her off in silence, he went out wandering around the hospital. Sometimes Jiyong would follow them to his home, his company, his dorm to watch their daily life, but after a while, he stopped doing so, because he could not stand seeing people went on with their life without him. He didn’t blame them, and he knew they were upset and worried about him too, but, he felt much better watching over his body, observing activities in the hospital and...watching over Ae Ra’s body.

He just went across her room again, and stopped when he saw she sat up on the bed again, eyes looking out at the window. He stepped inside the room and as usual, settled himself on the couch.

She looked....lost.

Seconds later, Ae Ra's eyes removed from the window with a deep sigh. And that was when she stopped moving, eyes landing on exactly where Jiyong was sitting.

She flinched visibly, a hand came out to hold her chest, her eyes widened out.

“What are you doing here?” She asked, eyebrows furrowed disapprovingly. “Wait, when did you even get in here? I remember not hearing the door opening.”

Oh s h i t.

Jiyong was stunned on his spot, speechlessly.

 

She saw me.

 


A/N:

I was battling between letting Ae Ra see him or not, then finally i decided she would see him because /wink/ 

and thanks for thatgdbaby for reminding me. it's embarrassing to admit this, but i didn't know, and it's been 2 fcking years OMFG /run/

hope you guys will like the story :D give me some comments please T____T how was it

and thanks for the subcriptions <3