Twenty-three

If You Were Not A Dream

“Hyung, I’m sorry…..”

 

Jiyong totally ignored Seungri’s desperate whine, looking back and forth between the music sheet in his hands and his computer screen.

 

“Hyung…..”

 

“Be quiet.” He said curtly. “Your turn will be next after Daesung, be prepared.” He continued examining whatever displaying on the screen, not looking at Seungri even just a glance.

 

“I’m sorry, I was drunk ok? I didn’t mean it….” Seungri tried again. Normally Jiyong didn’t take Seungri words seriously, especially if they were at a club. But for some odd reason, Jiyong really went mad at him this time. “You know I would never hate you….”

 

“Go and tell that to your Youngbae hyung.” Jiyong grunted, shrugged off Seungri’s hand which just laid on his arm. “I’m done with you, spoiled brat.”

 

“You made things worse by even running to Youngbae hyung maknae.” Daesung commented from his spot not far from the Tom & Jerry. “Jiyong hyung is very jealous don’t you know?”

 

“Daesung.” Jiyong glared which made Daesung shut up immediately. “Just tell me the truth, why did you say so? What happened the other day? What made you pour your anger towards me?” Jiyong turned to Seungri and asked in a huff.

 

“It was...complicated.” Seungri scratched his back head. “It was my fault, really, I was just…..”

 

“Just what?” Jiyong angrily asked. “Just hate me?”

 

“No. I just wish...things…..were different.” Seungri chose his words carefully. “Look, hyung, don’t think too much ok? I’m trying to work things out with Nara.” He murmured.

 

“But why you yelled that you hated me?” Jiyong still refused to give up. “Unless you can give me a decent answer, don’t talk to me anymore!” He shouted. “Now go inside that booth and start recording your part.”

 

Daesung bit his lips, afraid and sympathized for what what the maknae was going through. It was not good if any of them had to record when Jiyong was not in a good mood. Even though he was not sure what happened, he just knew that Jiyong was upset about something Seungri did, and maybe it would need a along time for him to accept Seungri’s apology.

 

“Cut him some lacks, Jiyong.” Youngbae said quietly after the 10th “again” from Jiyong in less than 10 minutes. He just walked into their studio, and soon realized a mournful mood trapping the place.

 

Youngbae glanced at Daesung, who just shook his head slowly and mouthed “Be careful.” to him. This made Youngbae frown.

 

“Again.” Jiyong said the 11th time, ignored Youngbae. “Put more emotion to your voice. It sounds so dull.”

 

“I’m trying hyung.” Seungri mumbled through the speaker.

 

“Are you talking back to me now, maknae?” Jiyong raised his brow.

 

Youngbae observed Jiyong’s pissed face for a moment before clearing his throat. “Jiyong, did you just fight with Hye Young again?”

 

Jiyong glanced at Youngbae without really turning his back around. “Not your business.” He said quietly before suddenly stood up. “I give you 10 minutes to collect yourself. When I come back, better give me something more productive than that rebellious attitude.” He said to Seungri, making sure the kid knew how serious he was. Then he left the studio with a slam of the door.

 

“What’s wrong with Jiyong hyung?” Daesung asked worriedly once Jiyong had completely gone out of sight. “What do you means saying he and Hye Young fought again hyung?” He turned to ask Youngbae.

 

“Nothing is right.” Seungri came out of the recording booth, grunted furiously and sat himself next to Youngbae.

 

“And what did you piss him of maknae?” Daesung turned to Seungri this time.

 

“I don’t know exactly why, yet, but it seems he and Hye Young fought a lot frequently.” Youngbae sighed and threw himself heavily on the sofa, rubbing his face. “He even snapped at me, this isn’t good.”

 

“I thought, finally, he had a peaceful relationship?” Daesung tsked sadly. “I was really glad when finally he dated someone not celebrity.”

 

“We would never know.” Youngbae shrugged. “It’s just less than a year, too soon to say anything.”

 

“And what is wrong between you and your Natalie?” Daesung nudged Seungri. “I thought you said nothing could make you guys fought again?”

 

“Not everyone can be all lovey dovey like you and Soo Mi, hyung.” Seungri snarled. “I think I committed a real crime in my past life.” He whined loudly. “Hyung, I seriously don’t know what to do now.” He turned to Youngbae, a miserable look on his face. “Nara refuses to talk with me now.”

 

“But what happened?” Daesung asked with annoyance before Youngbae could reply.

 

“Nara’s sister.” Youngbae muttered quietly.

 

“What about her?” Daesung replied confusedly. “I thought you’re a noona-killer? And Nara also said her sister was not that hard to please.”

 

“Shin Ae Ra.” Seungri groaned. “Shin Ae Ra is Nara’s sister.” He used the pillow to cover his face and screamed in agony. “I think I rather die than solve this mess.”

 

Daesung went stilled, unable to find any word to respond. He didn’t need to be told twice, he always remembered anyone crossed through his life perfectly, no matter how short and vague their time with him was. And he certainly did not forget that name. He was still regretting about how he could not say goodbye properly before Ae Ra completely disappeared.

 

“Shin Ae Ra and Shin Na Ra, how could you never notice?” Daesung asked disbelievingly.

 

“Had you ever known her last name, until now, hyung?” Seungri asked annoyingly. “For me, I didn’t notice, I don’t know why and how, I just did. I always called her Natalie anyway.”

 

It was true. Even though Seungri talked about his girlfriend, and now fiance, a lot, all they heard all days after days was Natalie this and Natalie that. They knew her real name was Nara, of course, but because of Seungri, they called her as Natalie more than Nara.

 

Except Jiyong. No one, even Seungri, really knew the reason why. Jiyong always called her as Nara. He just said he preferred Nara than Natalie.

 

“Or it’s because you forgot all about Shin Ae Ra?” Daesung said sharply.

 

Seungri looked like he was caught red-handed, but quickly masked his reaction. “It’s been 3 years hyung, things should stay in the past anyway. What important now is, what am I supposed to do now?”

 

“What do you mean? What are you supposed to do?” Daesung asked while narrowing his eyes. “Lee Seunghyun, didn’t you propose a marriage to Nara just mere 2 weeks ago?”

 

“Yes, of ing course I did that!” Seungri exclaimed. “But Shin Ae Ra….”

 

“What about her?” Daesung cut in. “Yes for some twisted fate of yours, she’s your fiance’s sister. So what?”

 

“I also don’t understand your problem here, maknae.” Youngbae spoke up after quietly watching the two kids arguing. “Yes, so what? Do you not wanna marry Nara now anymore?” For the sake of everyone, just called the girl as Nara now.

 

“What the are you guys talking about?” Jiyong suddenly barged to the room again and went straight to Seungri. The kid instantly used Youngbae as his shield, making Jiyong brushed Youngbae aside and used his hand to grab Seungri’s collar, the other one putting his coffee mug down. “Why do you not want to marry Nara anymore?”

 

Again, for some odd reason, Jiyong was being like that again, all protective towards Nara.

 

This was also an unsolved mystery. When Seungri and Nara first started their relationship, Seungri even got jealous, thinking Jiyong also had some kind of romantic feelings towards Nara, until Jiyong taught him a good lesson about being paranoid and not secured for no reason. For some unknown reason to everyone, even Nara herself, since Nara once secretly confessed to Seungri that she also didn’t know the real reason, Jiyong was always like Nara’s own oppa. He took care of her, spoiled her and being very protective about her. Whatever it wa,s as long as it’s Nara’s wish, Jiyong would grant that. They all knew better than to piss or make Nara upset, or they had to face a pissed dragon named Kwon Jiyong, which was, unfortunately, Seungri was his usual victim everytime he and Nara fought. Somehow, Jiyong was very fond of Nara, in a brotherly way.

 

“H-hyung….” Seungri stammered. “No...I never said so!”

 

“Why does she refuse talking to you?” Jiyong asked, still holding his collar.

 

“It’s because of….her sister.” Seungri gave in and told him.

 

“What about her sister?” Jiyong frowned. “You kept acting like it was a disaster, but never told what really happened that night!”

 

“It’s just….” Seungri tried to find a way to address the problem, but honestly didn’t know how to. They didn’t talk about “the other girl in G-Dragon’s accident”  for 3 years, and no one, except Jiyong’s close people, but Jiyong himself, knew about Seungri used-to-be hatred towards that girl. How was he supposed to explain to Jiyong how he was in this current situation?

 

Seeing how difficult Seungri was to find a way to answer, Jiyong slowly released his collar and pulled out his phone. “Fine, if you don’t wanna answer….” He pressed Nara’s number. “Nara, tell oppa why you refuse to talk to Seungri?” He pressed the speaker mode on.

 

“Hyung!” Seungri shouted in horror and was about to grab Jiyong’s phone, but not before Jiyong shoot him a glare, as if telling him if-you-dare.

“Oppa, you shouldn’t involve in this….” Nara whispered. “It’s something between us…..”

 

“You tell me or not? Or I have to lock you two in a room and demand the answer by all means?” He snapped, which surprised everyone. Jiyong never snapped at Nara, never.

 

“He was disrespectful to my sister.” Nara mumbled quietly.

 

“What?” Jiyong shoot his death glare to Seungri. “How dare you? I don’t care whatever was the reason, apologize!” He threatened.

 

“I did!” Seungri protested quickly.

 

“Yes he did.” Nara sighed. “But it’s not that simple. It’s really late oppa, talk to you later.”

 

“Wait Nara!” Jiyong shouted. “I haven’t done talking to you! What is the complication here?”

 

“ I told you…..” Nara replied but quickly shut up.

 

They all froze, for different reasons, when a croaking voice spoke up tiredly from the other line. “Nara, stop talking. I’m trying to sleep here.

 

“Sorry unnie.” Nara cooed sweetly. “Oppa, I’ll call you later ok?” She ended the call before Jiyong could stop her anymore.

 

Seungri froze because he still could not get used to the fact that Shin Ae Ra was Nara’s sister.

 

Youngbae and Daesung froze because they hadn’t heard that voice for 3 years, yet they still could immediately recognized it even if it was croaking and muffled.

 

For Jiyong….

 

Those words was how his dreams about someone started.

 

“Jiyong, stop talking. I’m trying to sleep here.” The girl said in a croaking voice from underneath a white pillow which was covering her head entirely. “I told you that I didn’t care about that show…..”

 

“Oh c’mon….” He whined, squirming his body next to hers and tried to pry her head out of the big pillow but unsuccessfully. “Sweetheart…..”

 

“Don’t use your charm on me, I’m immune to that already.” The voice replied tiredly. “I won’t go.”

 

“Please…..it’s Soo Hyuk’s first musical…..” He pleaded, pressing his entire body closely as much as he could and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I wanna support my friend….” He started drawing circles around her side, which made her ticklish.

 

She swatted his hand away. “You can go by yourself. It’s Romeo & Juliet, for heaven’s sake. It’s very cheesy to watch.” She said lazily, still refused to turn her head around, buried it deeply beneath the pillow.

 

“It’s romantic.” Jiyong resumed drawing circles on her waist, even went up further to her upper body.

 

“You’re such a hopeless romantic.” The girl chuckled. “And stop those erted fingers.”  She warned before he could go any further. “Or I will kick you off this bed.” She threatened.

 

“Alright.” He grinned despite she could not see it. “So...you will go, won’t you?” He whispered.

 

“I’ll see what I can do. Now let me sleep.” She yawned and turned to her side, faced her back to him. “What are you doing?” She asked when she felt him onto her neck, making her shiver involuntarily.

 

“Being a hopeful romantic.” He smiled slyly and placed a sloppy kiss on her neck, making her yelp and jumped around, but not before she was embraced tightly in his arms.

 

Before he could have a chance to have glimpse of the girl’s face, he was woken up. By a call from Seungri. Yes, from Seungri, he still remembered clearly about that particular day 2 years ago.   

 

Because after that day, once in a month, he would have a dream about this unknown girl.

 

About him being in a relationship with someone who he clearly did not have a single memory about.

 

He thought it was just a weird dream. But the next day, he checked with Soo Huyk, and found out that his close friend indeed once starred in a musical, Romeo & Juliet to be exact. It was when he was in his 11-months-coma.

 

Jiyong hadn’t had time to ponder about that dream, when the 2nd, the 3rd one… appeared, suffocated him between reality, dreams and memories. Until, since this day about a year ago, the dreams didn’t appear anymore.

 

The day he met Hye Young.

 

“Hyung…..” Daesung called tentatively after noticing how spacing out Jiyong was even if Nara had ended the call minutes ago. “Hyung?” He shook his shoulders lightly.

 

“Oh?” Jiyong seemed to be snapped out of his dreaming state, looked up with a lost look though. “Where are we?” He asked in confuse. “Let’s...let’s continue later, I have to go.”

 

And Jiyong left as quickly as how he came, leaving his 3 brothers in half dumbfounded half dejected.

 

“Do you guys notice his reaction when he heard Shin Ae Ra’s voice?” Seungri grumbled.

 

“I know what is your problem.” Youngbae narrowed his eyes at Seungri. “You still call her as Shin Ae Ra now.”

 

“What….” Seungri was confused but Daesung also jumped in.

 

“You refuse to admit that you were wrong 3 years ago, do you?” Daesung cornered the kid.

 

“Nara wants you to apologize to her sister, but you don’t want to, that’s it, right?” Youngbae continued with his investigation. “Or you didn’t really mean it, since Nara said you already apologized?”

 

“Hyungs…..” Seungri said weakly.

 

“What a coward.” Daesung said disapprovingly, shaking his head and threw him a nasty look. “Grow the up, maknae!” He shouted and left the room in a huff.

 

Youngbae tentatively put his hand on Seungri’s shoulders after Daesung’s leave, tried to comfort him somehow, seeing how depressed he was with how things turned out. “Seungri,” He called out sincerely. “Even though I was on your side about Shin Ae Ra 3 years ago, I myself must admit with all my honesty that, we were wrong. Seungri, we were wrong.”

 

“Despite many things I still cannot understand about that time, like how and why she showed up in the middle of Jiyong’s apartment that day, it was true that she did not have any bad intention staying by his side until he was awake.” Youngbae continued while Seungri buried his head in his hands. “She left soon after he woke up, and never appear again since then, until now, and this is also not her intention, I believe so, since there is no reason for any intention, not at all.” He patted his shoulders lightly. “We were too harsh on the girl, maknae.”

 

Seungri looked up at Youngbae, and the hyung was surprised to see tears swelled up in his eyes. “I know hyung.”

 

“If then why….”

 

“Where should I start?” He said in broken voice. “I don’t have any courage left to face her, or to face Nara. Thinking back the words I talked to her, I feel ashamed of myself.”

 

“Just apologize.”

 

“Last night Nara called me.” Seungri sobbed quietly. “She cried, a lot. She said she just tried to look more into Jiyong’s hyung accident 3 years ago and found out what her sister had to go through at that time. Reporters, media, sasaeng fans…. and the accident itself. She blamed herself, for enjoying life carefreely at that time while her sister was suffered all those things alone. Shin Ae Ra just told her that she had a minor accident.” He continued pouring his heart out about the teary conversation he had on phone the previous night with Nara.

 

Youngbae sighed, went on patting his shoulders for comfort.

 

“She said just thought about how I treated her sister so badly at that time, she could not forgive me. Hyung, is it really the end?” Seungri asked with panic.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s not that serious.” Youngbae tried to be optimistic. “I told you, just apologize to Ae Ra-ssi honestly. Nara is not the kind of person who hold on people’s mistake.”

 

“But I...I can’t face Shin Ae Ra.” He timidly confessed.

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know, I just can’t!” He groaned.

 

“First, stop calling her full name like that from now, it's disrespectful if she is Nara's sister. Start calling her noona, as easily as how you called all your noonas now and before. Second, face her, apologize, then apologize Nara. Can you do that?”

 

“I’m not sure hyung…..”

 

“You can, because you’re the confident Lee Seungri.” Youngbae smiled encouragingly at his beloved brother, placing both hands on his shoulders and squeezed them tightly. "You're a good boy, my brother. Everything will be alright, don't worry."

 

 

 

 

______

A/N: Hi ;_______________;

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh *screaming sound*, the usual, I'm sorry for the late update ;______; i am getting busier and busier these days, somebody pls tell me why, i dont even know myself T_____T

Just a short & quick one, i will add more details and progress this weekend (hopefully) there're many things unexplained, i know, pls be patient with me T___T 

how is this one though, pls give me some thoughts <3 what do you think about Jiyong's weird affection towards Nara, does it have anything to do with Ae Ra? am i too harsh on Seungri? :/ that was the 1st dream Jiyong had about Ae Ra, what do you think about the rest? new characters (maybe?), should i invest them more into this already-complicated story lol sorry, but it's been 3 years, and we all know how hopeless romantic our Jiyong is, he cannot stay 3 years being single and without being in any relationship LMAO we wont have the current Jiyong-AeRa for a while i think (sorry). but i will make it up through Jiyong's and Ae Ra's dreams & memories, is that ok ^^ 

you guys are amazing ;___; your comments inspired and motivated me a lot, thank you so so so much *sob*

i'll try to write more often xD Shelter, i'm working on it, I assure you :D

i am so sleepy now @.@

night lovelies <3

p/s: ah, this chap, sorry, it's BaeRi era now guys KKK