Thirty-two

If You Were Not A Dream

A/N: I always wanna say this, but keep forgetting. Don't hate Jiyong!!!!!!!

But you guys will hate me after this chapter. Read at your own risk. This is the twist I've been waiting to unveil ever since I started writing this story *excitedly rubbing my palms*

_____

He closed the bedroom door as quietly as possible, carefully not to wake up the sleeping form on the bed. Seeing that she was still in her deep slumber, he made his way back to the bed and slipped himself quietly under the blanket again, trying to put her head back onto his arm and used his shoulders as a pillow. Unable to stop himself, he sniffed her head briefly before closing his eyes, ready to doze off again.

 

It was just 8 in the morning for heaven’s sake. Those two spoiled brats. Jiyong thought with a scowl.

 

Waking up this morning with Shin Ae Ra snuggling closely to him was one of those unforgettable moments in Kwon Jiyong’s life.

 

He didn’t know what caused him to wake up, but when he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Ae Ra’s face, sleeping peacefully on his bare chest. Unconsciously, Jiyong traced his fingers on her cheeks, slowly moved up to her eyes and eventually gently caressed the top of her head. Then, he pull her even closer to his, embraced her more securely in his arms.

 

Sighing, he felt….content.

 

He was not surprised even just a bit by the fact that she was next to him when he woke up. He was drunk, yes, but that didn’t mean he didn’t remember anything happened last night. If there was any, he just didn’t know how did he get to her apartment last night. He didn’t drive after drinking quite a bit, didn’t he?

 

He came because he wanna see her.

 

He came because he wanted an answer.

 

Not an answer for those weird dreams. By now he was sure those dreams were about her, and those weren’t exactly just dreams. Like he said last night, they were memories. Also, not an answer for why did he forget. He gave up on wondering why now.

 

He accepted it. Kwon Jiyong accepted that, he did love Shin Ae Ra before.

 

But, he wanted an answer about himself. His mind. His feeling. His heart. How were them now?

 

“I did love you, didn’t I?”

 

The moment he asked that question, the look she gave him last night gave him the answer he wanted to know.

 

She was hurt 3 years ago. She was hurt now. But she loved him. Did. Had. And still were. She was ready to let him go, because that was what she could do for the one she loved - set him free, even that would just hurt her more.

 

And when he saw all those emotions through her teary eyes, he was hurt too. He realized that, he was the one hurting her all along.

 

Jiyong opened his eyes again to look down at her. This, looking at her sleeping face, was something he felt very….familiar with. Like he did this thousands time before, as if this was not the very first time they slept together.

 

Everything about Ae Ra always gave him a familiar feel, he just didn’t admit that before. And last night just confirmed all his suspicions. When he touched, possessed and owned her body last night, it was like his body met its most beloved partner after a very long time. Say….3 years? It bursted out an overwhelmed feeling of being too happy, too...grateful? relieved? for being reconciled eventually? He didn’t know. He just could not stop loving her body.

 

He just could not stop loving her.

 

He didn’t know when this all started to him. He just could not control his heart now. He surrendered.

 

Ae Ra started to wake up now. She shifted, causing him to turn back his attention to her. And after some movement, much to Jiyong’s dismay, since it’s still early morning, and his morning hardness wasn’t exactly helping at all, she stiffened visibly. Startled, she quickly sat up and looked around, her eyes met his.

 

“Oh God….” She whispered with shock, then buried her face behinds her palms.

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrows. Wasn’t he supposed to be the one to be surprised in the morning? Last time he checked, he was the one who deadly drunk, not her.

 

“Hey…” He called softly, didn’t bother to adjust his self. “Hey...look at me.” Reaching his upper body up, he slowly peeled her fingers and then her hands off her hands. “What’s wrong?”

 

“We...last night….what…” She timidly glanced at his top and quickly realized she was too. Yelping in a small voice, she abruptly grabbed the sheet which was covering his lower body and pull it to cover herself, revealing his bottom and morning hardness as well. “Oh my God!” She shut her eyes.

 

Jiyong just laughed. He sat up, leaned over and brought her to lie down again next to him. “Hush….” He scolded softly when she resisted. Sneaking his legs and arms in between her thighs and waist, he pulled her closer to his. “I didn’t know you’re this unsubmissive in bed.” He mumbled quietly.

 

“Yah….” She protested softly. “I’m not…”

 

“Yes you are.” He scowled. “I learned that last night, missy.”

 

Upon hearing ‘last night’, Ae Ra went brightly red again. “Oh my God…” She whispered frantically again.

 

“Yes we did it.” Jiyong said smugly. “And I was the one who drunk, not you. Yet I still remember everything. Why are you so shock, sweetheart?”

 

Hearing he called her by that endearing name, Ae Ra immediately popped her eyes open again and looked at him surprisingly. “I thought it was just a dream.” She confessed shyly.

 

Humming his chuckle on her neck which sent shivers down her spine, Jiyong wrapped her closer to him. When she protested and tried to get up, he just said quietly. “Just stay like this for a while more, can we?”

 

“Jiyong…” Ae Ra called him calmly. “What are we doing?”

 

“Cuddling.” He mumbled, snuggled closely to her but Ae Ra already pushed him back and sat up again. The fast movement made her wince because of the soreness below her body, and that didn’t escape from Jiyong’s hawk eyes.

 

“I mean...last night.” She said quietly while using a hand to press onto her hips to lessen the soreness.

 

Sighing, Jiyong sat up as well, completely ignored Ae Ra’s flinch upon seeing his ness. “Before you do any talking…” He pushed her to lie back rather violently before scooting down and spreading her legs, making her eyes to widen. “Let me take care of this.” He said with seriousness while examining her core with his eyes.

 

“W-what are you doing?” She stammered.

 

“Were I too rough last night?” He looked up and asked gently, tracing his fingers lightly on her outer lips, carefully not to touch the slightly red folds of her. “Are you still hurt?”

 

“It’s o-okay.” Nervously replied, she watched him standing up and disappeared behind the bathroom door, only to come back seconds later with a wet cloth in his hands. “What is that for?” She frowned.

 

“Stay still and relax.” He pushed her legs to open again and gently but firmly applied the wet cloth on her sensitive area, making her gasp loudly. “Don’t worry, just the first time it’s like this. Soon you’ll get used to it.” He said with a smug smirk.

 

Ae Ra didn’t know what came to her, but she glared at him and used her foot to kick his shoulder.

 

“Yah!” Jiyong was slightly taken aback, then laughed loudly. “I am trying to be a gentleman here!”

 

“Whatever.” She was about to get away from him, but he was quicker, already grabbed her foot when it’s still on his shoulder and started her toes seductively. “Yah…” She said in a shaken voice, but not before his other hand already busied itself by playing with her folds. “Jiyong...oh my God!” She yelled when his fingers invaded her inside once again.

 

“You’re asking for this, missy.” He mumbled and jumped on her again.

 

____

 

“We really need to….talk, Jiyong.” Ae Ra said with finality, even though she was still trying to catch her breath.

 

Grunting his disapproval, Jiyong rested his arm on his forehead, said quietly while trying to steady his breath. “What now?”

 

After a moment of silence, when both their breath became normal again, Ae Ra said in serious voice. “Why are we doing this?”

 

“It’s called , sweetheart.” He chuckled without removing his arm or opening his eyes.

 

Ever since last night, he either called her as sweetheart or missy, Ae Ra noticed that. “Why are you here?” She asked him with that serious voice again. This time Jiyong sighed loudly and get up for real. Without waiting for him to speak, she continued. “Why did you come here last night? Do you remember anything you told me? We hadn’t talked properly last night, yet we let lust and desire took over our mind.”

 

“You weren’t drunk last night Ae Ra. You knew what we were doing.”

 

“Yes, and so did you.” She said with a sincere voice. “I know you weren’t that drunk Jiyong. It would took much more to get you drunk.” He raised an eyebrow at her, as if asking her how did she know how much he could drink. “Where are we standing now, Jiyong?” She asked him, gently but clearly.

 

“I don’t know.” He sighed, messing his hair in frustration.

 

“We can’t be like this if I don’t know how do you view this relationship, Jiyong.”

 

“My most recent relationship ended just 2 weeks ago!” He raised his voice. “How do you expect me to put whatever I have with you in my life in just that short of time?” He get up completely from the bed and started putting his boxer on. “All I know is you’re just there, confusing my heart and mind as hell, too much that I could not do anything but surrendered completely. I chose to stop wondering how and why did I forget, and accepted that you used to be something in my life, isn’t that enough?” He said all in a huff, angrily and disappointedly. “What do you want more from me? Go and tell the world that we’re boyfriend girlfriend now? How will others view me, I just brought a girl to Seungri’s wedding 2 weeks ago, and now sleeping with another girl ready?”

 

“I don’t mean…”

 

“The last thing I need right now is a complicated relationship. Give me time, Shin Ae Ra.” He said while trying to calm himself down, glancing briefly at her before turning the door knob and gone.

 

Strangely it was, Ae Ra didn’t feel like crying when he got mad and gone just like that.

 

She just felt...upset.

 

She just really wanna know why did he act like that, coming to find her, making love to her, being all sweet and caring to her like that. She knew he still didn’t remember everything, then why suddenly he was like that towards her?

 

Was he just playing and toying with her feelings? He still didn’t believe in her story, their story, did he?

 

She just wanna know if she should try to hold onto him again.

 

___

 

“Unnie…” Nara called her sister for the nth time that night, who still ignored her whines and just focused on what she was doing: packing. “Please talk to me. I’m going crazy with you two!”

 

“This is something between me and him, don’t be nosy.” Ae Ra quietly replied, finished zipping her last suitcase.

 

“Even the way you retorted is so alike his.” Nara mumbled. “Oppa also be this cranky towards me.”

 

“I am not cranky.” Ae Ra snapped. “Just stop talking about Kwon Jiyong. I’m so headache with everything already.”

 

“You two had , and you expect me not to wonder what kind of relationship you two are having?” Nara exploded, screaming out her frustration.

 

Yeah, exactly what I wanna know too, kid. Ae Ra thought with a scowl.

 

“Unnie! Tell me why are you two being like this? Are you having a fight? About what? No, tell me first, when all this happened? What happened? Why Jiyong oppa, of all people?”

 

“What? I thought he’s your favorite oppa?” Ae Ra asked absentmindedly.

 

“He’s a playboy!” Nara exclaimed. “Yes he’s my favorite oppa, but if it’s for you, no, he’s off the line!”

 

“You don’t know him, don’t talk like that about him.” Ae Ra scolded.

 

“How do you know unnie? He had with you just 2 weeks after breaking up with his long-time girlfriend!”

 

Ae Ra sighed. “Go home, Seungri might be looking for you.”

 

“No, I already told him I’ll sleep here tonight.” Nara sulked.

 

“Yah, you two just got married, you should stay with him!”

 

“No, you’re so adamant about leaving here tomorrow, at least I wanna have one more night with you unnie.” Nara said sadly, scooted closer and hugged Ae Ra. “I don’t wanna see you get hurt unnie.”

 

Maybe I already did, kid. Ae Ra thought sadly. “Everything’s fine, princess.” She smiled, her anger and annoyance to her nagging little sister disappeared. She embraced the kid tighter and tugged her closer to her, they both lied down to the bed. “Ok stay here with me tonight.” She tucked Nara’s hair behind her ear.

 

“But didn’t oppa hold you back from leaving?” Nara looked up at her and asked confusedly. “I don’t get it, why…”

 

“Sshhhh, there’s nothing to talk about him, kid.” Ae Ra hushed her sister. “Sleep. You have to be at Seungri’s parents’ house early tomorrow, remember?”

 

__________

 

He saw her over there, her head on the wheel, her eyes were closing while a trickle of blood dripping down from her head. He was not any better, when he couldn’t move even just an inch, pain started to piercing through all over his body.

 

Groaning, he looked at the other driver one more time because darkness took over him.



 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“You can see me?”

 

“Yes, you are sitting right there, why wouldn’t I?”

 

"They can't see me."



 

“What can I do for you now?”

 

“Talk to my mom, tell her I’m here and I’m ok.”



 

“But I should not disturb your life....”

 

“I’d like to keep a company too. At least you have me here with you, don’t worry.”


 

“You wanna know how it feels like to be in a relationship? I will show you.”

 

“What if, when you wake up, you forget about me?”

 

“I won’t.”

 

 

“Jiyong, are you alright? How are you feeling?....D-don’t go!”

 

 

“I’m sorry but….do I know you?”

 

Jiyong woke up abruptly and gasped loudly, sweets forming all over his forehead. Breathing heavily, he gulped down the lump in his throat. He quickly glanced at the bedside table, it was 7AM.

 

God...what have I done?

 

He got out of his bed in a flash, took a very quick morning routine and put on the first thing he got in hand. He couldn’t care less about his appearance now. Impatiently waiting for the elevator, he took the staircase to go down all the floors, worry was taking all over his body.

 

What the Kwon Jiyong how could you?

 

He kept ringing, but the door never opened. Biting his lips so hard that he could feel the taste of blood, he quickly dialed Seungri’s number.

 

“Hyung-” Surprisingly, the kid picked up even when the 1st ring hadn’t finished yet. But Jiyong didn’t have time to wonder such thing. He went in talking immediately.

 

“Send me Ae Ra’s number. Quickly. I’m in front of her apartment but it seems she isn’t here.” He said urgently.

 

“Hyung, noona-” Seungri was about to say something but Jiyong lost his patience and shouted.

 

“GIVE ME HER NUMBER RIGHT NOW DO YOU HEAR THAT?”

 

“Noona is in the hospital right now!” Seungri shouted too.

 

“W-what..are you talking about?” Jiyong had to lean on the wall behind his back to steady himself.

 

“Her car was hit when she’s on her way to the airport this early morning. It was a very serious accident. We just got here.” Seungri said darkly. “Nara is breaking down completely right now.”

 

Shakingly, Jiyong dropped his phone on the floor, and it crashed into pieces.

 

___

 

They looked up when rapid footsteps were heard through the hall.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Where is she?” Jiyong frantically grabbed Seungri’s shoulders and shouted. “WHERE IS SHE?”

 

“She’s in the surgery room.” Seungri tried to calm him down. “She was thrown out by the hit, and that is what endangers her life now.” He mumbled quietly, his eyes already wet and red. “I’m scared hyung.”

 

“Why was she heading to the airport?” Jiyong asked confusedly.

 

The moment he finished that question, he was slapped hard by Nara on the cheek. She looked at him with angry eyes, all puffed and red because of crying too much. “WHAT KIND OF ING RELATIONSHIP YOU AND UNNIE HAD? WHY DIDN’T YOU EVEN KNOW SHE WAS LEAVING?” She screamed.

 

“L-leaving?” Jiyong stupidly asked back.

 

“WHY DIDN’T YOU STOP HER? YOU PROMISED ME YOU WOULD TAKE CARE OF UNNIE, WHY DIDN’T YOU OPPA? TELL ME ING WHY?”

 

“Yeobo, don’t…” Seungri tried to calm his wife down but failed miserably.

 

Nara now was punching Jiyong carelessly and endlessly. “I don’t know what happened, but unnie was so upset these days! Everytime I asked about you, she just told me that was between you & her! And she was so determined to leave here! WHY? WHAT THE HAPPENED? WHY DID YOU SLEPT WITH HER THEN LEFT FOR DAYS WITHOUT TALKING THINGS CLEARLY WITH HER? DO YOU KNOW YOU’RE THE 1ST MAN IN UNNIE’S LIFE? WHY DID YOU…” Nara broke down onto the floor and sobbed uncontrollably. “Why didn’t you stop her from leaving? If you did, she wouldn’t go to the airport this morning…” Seungri came to her side and put her into his chest. “I should have gone with her, but we had to be at oma appa’s…” She cried harder. “I should have taken care of unnie…” She clung onto Seungri’s shirt and cried loudly.

 

“It’s not your fault, yeobo.” Seungri silently cried, comforted his sobbing wife.

 

The door opened, and a doctor came out. Jiyong quickly got to his side and asked. “Doctor, how is she?”

 

Nara quickly stood up and came rushing to the doctor too. “Doctor, how is my unnie?”

 

“Jiyong?” The doctor frowned, and he cursed silently. “Oh God, it’s you two again, …”

 

Just then Jiyong realized it’s the doctor took care of him and Ae Ra in their accident 3 years ago. “Dr. Jung….”

 

“That girl is really unlucky.” He took off his glasses and sighed deeply. “How could someone get into serious accidents like this twice?  I wonder how can she still be alive.”

 

“D-don’t tell me…” Jiyong panicked.

 

“We stabilized her.” Dr. Jung said tiredly. “For now, but the dangerous time hasn’t passed yet. Let’s just keep praying.”

 

____

 

Jiyong sat on the bed next to her, his hands hold onto her right hand tightly, never he let it leave his lips.

 

“I’m sorry...I’m so sorry…” He kept chanting like that for hours, just like how he could not stop crying for hours. “Please wake up, I’m sorry Ae Ra.” He kissed her hands once more, looking at her injured face & body and broke down again. “Oh God…”  

 

Jiyong officially became Nara’s number 1 hate right now, but he couldn’t care less. He let Seungri handle her madness, dragging her to home to rest. He was unaware of everything else outside this room, ignored all the warns from Seungri that his manager was looking for him. He was muted to everything, all he could listen and pay attention to was Ae Ra’s breathe and Ae Ra’s warm.

 

“I’m so sorry…” He said once more. “I shouldn’t have forgotten you like that.” He cried helplessly. “Please forgive me.”

 

He just kept crying like a child like that, his tears wetted her hand, but he just kept pressing her hand to his lips and praying. The room was so quiet, there was just the sound of her machine and his nonstop whispers and cries.







 

 

 

 

 


 

“Hey there, sneaky dragon.”

 

Jiyong looked up. And there she was, at the corner of the room, beautiful, not having a single cut on her face and arms, not having the thick bandage on her head and left arm. She was wearing a spring blue dress - her favorite color, and smiling at him.

 

Jiyong felt like his world crashing down once again.

 

“Oh my God...no…”



 

 

_____

A/N: 

YOU ALL HATE ME RIGHT? Don't T_____________T

This is my punishment for Jiyong *smh* 

I tried to update today, still in the weekend, still Sunday to some of you. It's 1AM here now though, and since you guys might be mad with me already, I better go T____T

This story is about to wrap already ;) Ah....I'm gonna miss it :(

p/s: i hope you guys won't view this as a drag, no, this is a crucial point for this tory to come to and end. It's based on the story I got inspired from, and the plot is exactly like this, that now he/she will become a soul for he/she to see, to experience what he/she did. but i haven't decided the ending yet (maybe), so, show me your concern, so that i can think about the ending :) happy or not? 

love you lots.

Rosie