I fell in love with a jerk

I fell in love with a jerk

 

Ryeowook was feeling happy because kyuhyun told him that he will confess to sungmin and they can stop their acting. He jumped around, feeling relieve that he doesn’t need to bluff sungmin anymore and kyuhyun is finally confessing. He was humming a song when he spotted a shadow inside the classroom. Feeling strange, ryeowook walked in.

 

“Are you okay?” ryeowook whispered to the figure who is sitting on the floor. The more closer he is to the figure, the more familiar it is.

 

“Sungmin? Is that you?” ryeowook walk fast towards the figure. It was indeed sungmin. He was hugging his knees with his head lowered down.

 

“It is really you! You scared me…Why are you sitting here? Where’s kyuhyun?” ryeowook kneel down to have an eye level with sungmin. Sungmin raise his head when he heard the word “kyuhyun.”  Ryeowook was shocked when he saw sungmin’s face. His eyes are swollen and red, his cheeks are wet and his lips are white. Sungmin looks so pale.

 

“Sungmin, your eyes are so swollen, what’s wrong?” ryeowook asked hurriedly. Sungmin look at ryeowook, tears forming in his eyes.

 

“K-kyuhyun…please believe me! Please…” sungmin grab ryeowook’s hand and pleaded. Ryeowook was even more shocked by sungmin’s action.

 

“Sungmin…Sungmin…I’m ryeowook. I’m not kyuhyun. Can you tell me what happen?” ryeowook place his hand on sungmin’s shoulder, trying to calm sungmin down.

 

“K-kyuhyun…p-please b-believe m-me…” Sungmin repeated again and fainted.

 

“Sungmin! Sungmin!” ryeowook shake sungmin’s body, trying to wake him up but to no avail. Ryeowook then notice sungmin’s injury on his hand. He immediately went out to look for help.

 

“Can somebody help us?!” ryeowook’s voice echo in the quiet corridor. Classes ended long ago, who will still be in this level?

 

“Ryeowook-shi? What’s wrong?” yesung tapped ryeowook’s shoulder.

 

“Please help me!  My friend fainted!” ryeowook grabbed yesung’s arms.

 

“Lead the way!” yesung ordered and followed ryeowook. After running along the familiar corridor, they reached the classroom.

 

“Sungmin!” Yesung dashed forward and scooped sungmin up.

 

“You know sungmin?” ryeowook widen his eyes.

 

“I’m his hyung. Let’s bring him to the school’s clinic!” Yesung carried sungmin and rushed to the school’s clinic with ryeowook following behind.

 

                                                              * * *

 

“The cut on his hand is infected which cause the fever he is having now. Don’t worry, he’s going to be fine. Let him rest for a while.” The nurse smiled and leaved after Yesung and ryeowook thank her.

 

“What exactly happen?” yesung asked ryeowook once the nurse leaves.

 

“I don’t know… when I saw him, he was sitting on the floor. After I mention kyuhyun, he starts to be unstable. He kept saying ‘kyuhyun, please believe me’…” ryeowook looked at the sound asleep sungmin.

 

“Kyuhyun? Shouldn’t he be confessing to sungmin? What’s with the ‘please believe me’? I have to go ask him.”

 

“No. You take care of sungmin.  I will go ask him.” ryeowook stopped yesung and yesung nodded his head.

 

Coincidently, Ryeowook found kyuhyun sitting near the school’s clinic.

 

“Kyuhyun, what happen between you and sungmin? You didn’t confess?” ryeowook asked kyuhyun.

 

“I’m glad I didn’t. It was all an act! Sungmin like seohyun, how disgusting…that …” kyuhyun hissed.

 

“What do you mean? Who told you that?!” ryeowook frowned. He doesn’t believe what he had heard.

 

“I saw it myself! Sungmin pushed seohyun down and seohyun shouted to sungmin not to force her to have relationship with him!” kyuhyun exclaimed.

 

“There must be a misunderstanding! You should know sungmin loves you not her! Did you listen to sungmin’s explanation?” ryeowook questioned kyuhyun and kyuhyun fell into silence.

 

“See?! You didn’t! You are always like this! Jumping into conclusion just like that! You should have listen to what sungmin wants to say!” ryeowook exclaimed.

 

“There’s no point listening to him. I saw it with my own eyes. That’s the truth. I...i don’t love him anymore. I hate him. Why of all people he has to choose that …my heart is dead.” Kyuhyun insisted.

 

“Cho kyuhyun! What do you mean by your heart is dead?! Stop saying rubbish! You broke sungmin’s heart! Do you know, he have a fever right now and he just fainted!”

 

“I don’t care.” Kyuhyun looked away.

 

“What do you mean by you don’t care!!” kyuhyun was punched by a person. It was Yesung. Yesung has been listening to their conversation. Yesung left the room because he realised ryeowook forget to take his handphone.

 

“Tch!” kyuhyun hissed and wiped the blood away from the corner of his lips while ryeowook try to calm yesung down.

 

“You idiot! I told you before sungmin love you! You should have believe sungmin! How dare you to hurt him! Yesung shouted.

 

“Yes! I’m an idiot! I should have seen through sungmin’s acting! Now I think of it, Sungmin didn’t want to confess to me because the one he loves is seohyun! He has been acting! I hate him! He is better off dead!” kyuhyun shouted to yesung. Kyuhyun didn’t know what he was talking about. He said those things because fury took him over, no one ever punch him before.

 

“You ba-”

 

“Sungmin…” ryeowook cut yesung’s words. Everyone look at the direction ryeowook is staring at. Sungmin had his head lowered down. He is tearing. Kyuhyun’s senseless words broke his heart once again. Sungmin walked slowly towards kyuhyun.

 

“p-please believe me…I love you…” sungmin raise his head and look at kyuhyun who is now right in front of him. Kyuhyun didn’t know why, seeing sungmin like this, he felt as if someone is tugging his heart. Didn’t he said he hate him?

 

“b-but I don’t…Just get away…” kyuhyun looked away.

 

“Am I really better off dead?” Sungmin looked down.

 

“Minnie! Don’t listen to him!” Yesung wanted to pull sungmin away but sungmin refused.

 

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin look at kyuhyun once again.

 

“Just go away! I said I hate you!” kyuhyun shouted. Sungmin’s tears fell down profusely. Yesung just can’t bear to see sungmin like this.

 

“Minnie. Let’s go.” Yesung said to sungmin but sungmin shifted his weight, as if he is closer to kyuhyun.

 

“Minnie. Let’s go.” Yesung’s voice got hard. Again, no acknowledgement. Seeing sungmin like this, yesung can’t hide his anger anymore. He forcedly pulled sungmin away from the scene but yesung didn’t know, Sungmin mouthed something to kyuhyun. That is…”I love you.”