I fell in love with a jerk

I fell in love with a jerk

 

Sungmin POV

 

“Sungmin ah…wake up…sungmin ah?” I stirred a little when I heard someone calling my name. I don’t want to wake up…I want to sleep more…

 

“Sungmin ah? Faster~ wake up. We are gonna be late!” geez…I slowly open my eyes and realize the one waking me up is kyuhyun. He is already dress in his uniform.

 

“c’mon! Since when you’re lazier than me?!”  kyuhyun said as he pulled me up. I stood up slowly and realize that I’m already in my school uniform. Weird? I bath already?

 

“Ya! What are you waiting for? Go bath! You didn’t bath last night you know! Pali!!!” kyuhyun said as he passed me my uniform and pushed me into the bathroom. Now then I remembered, kyuhyun tutor me nearly for the whole day yesterday. Guess I fell asleep and didn’t manage to bath.

              

                                                       *  *  *

We got ready very fast and went to the parade square to report. We’re going to an orphanage today! Yeah! No books!!!  When we reached there, it is already filled with lots of students. There are also lots of busses waiting outside the gate. Kyuhyun and I quickly find our class and join them to wait for our turn to board the bus.

 

Soon, it’s our turn to board the bus. We followed our classmates and board the bus one by one.

 

“Wait! Can I sit inside?” I asked kyuhyun when I saw kyuhyun moving in to the seat.

 

“Why?” kyuhyun raised his eyebrow.

 

“I don’t feel safe sitting outside…” I scratched my neck awkwardly.

 

“Sure.” Kyuhyun laughed.

 

When all the students are ready, the bus set off.  Noises filled the bus. A lot of students are excited for the trip, me too.

 

“kyuhyun, are you excited?” I asked kyuhyun while smiling widely.

 

“I’m just excited that I don’t have to stay in the boring classroom today.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

 

“Kyuhyun…can I call you kyu?” I asked kyuhyun cautiously. Well, I don’t know why I have that thought…I just felt like we’re getting closer and maybe we can have our little nicknames? Kyuhyun stared at me. He doesn’t like it?

 

“It’s ok-”

 

“Sure. I’m fine with it.” Kyuhyun smiled. I smiled at him too. I don’t know why but I felt very happy. It’s as if I got another bunny plushie from someone, no! It’s even happier then that! I even felt like celebrating it with fireworks!

 

“You can call me min if you want!” I offered.

 

“Nah…I prefer bunny.” Kyuhyun smirked.

 

“ya! Cho kyuhyun!”

 

“I thought you want to call me kyu?” kyuhyun looked at me and smirked. I felt my body temperature starts to increase and my face felt very hot.

 

“You’re blushing! Haha” kyuhyun laughed and he pinched my cheek softly. I was startled by his action and I turn my head to the right to face the window while trying to cool myself.

 

“wae?” kyuhyun asked me.

 

“N-nothing...” why did I shuttered!

 

“Erm…Thanks for teaching me yesterday…”I changed the subject.

 

“Oh…its okay…but I have to admit, you nearly got my nerves yesterday…” kyuhyun sighed.

 

“What?” I looked at him innocently.

 

“What?! Some questions are really simple but you still didn’t get it...”

 

“Well…it’s not my fault…I don’t know them and they don’t know me. They refuse to make friends with me…” I protested. It’s true… whenever I study maths, nothing seems to be absorb into my brain.  When the teacher is teaching and explaining, I felt that he is speaking alien language. Hence, I always got a just passed for my maths test or exam.

 

“Gosh…you’re unbelievable lee sung min…” kyuhyun look at me while shaking his head. I shrugged.

 

“In the future, if you have anything you don’t understand, just asks me.” kyuhyun said. I looked at him surprisingly and he looked back at me with a ‘what?’ expression.

 

“You really want to teach me? Don’t you find me stupid?”

 

“It’s glad that you know you’re stupid…” is that an insult?

 

“But it doesn’t mean you can’t learn. You manage to do those questions yesterday, right?” kyuhyun said and I nodded my head.

 

“Then that’s it. Anyway, when I’m teaching you, I felt I’m much smarter than you. Well, I am much smarter than you.” Kyuhyun smirked. Tch…arrogant…

 

“Yeah...right…”

 

“Erm…thanks again, kyu.”  I thank kyuhyun again. He really helped me a lot yesterday.

 

“Stop it…its awkward…” kyuhyun scratch his head lightly. I smiled at his cute action.

 

The ride to the orphanage was long, the noise level in the bus was also decreasing. Some of the students decided to take a short nap, some students listened to songs while some students look at the scenery. The ride was making me sleepier and sleepier, hence, I decided to sleep for a while. I lean on the window glass and I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier….

 

End POV

 

                                                          *  *  *

 

Kyuhyun POV

 

I was listening to my songs when the bus turn towards the left and I felt a weight on my shoulder. I look at my right shoulder and saw sungmin’s head landing on it. He is asleep. This little bunny… he loves sleeping a lot huh…? I smiled and touched his face lightly, afraid that I would wake him up.

 

“Bunny…stop running…bunny…”I heard sungmin murmuring. Is he dreaming? Dreaming of bunny? Haha…a bunny is dreaming of a bunny? I smiled and continue listening to my songs.

 

*  *  *

 

We finally reached the orphanage after the long ride. Maybe because we have enough rest on the bus, everyone seems to be even more excited when we reach the orphanage. Miss Kim and the dean of the orphanage brought us around and introduce the place to us. Sungmin and I listened carefully because this is our project. The theme of our project is to promote and to further improve the orphanage. So we must pay attention even though I felt a little boring listening to them.

 

“Okay, guys! We will give you the rest of the time to walk around the orphanage or even make contact with the orphans on your own, but please remember to be careful! All of you can go now!” Miss Kim announced and all of us start to stroll away.  Sungmin and I decided to look at the classroom first.

 

“Kyu, I think we can change those tables and chairs. They seem to be quite old” sungmin suggested as he walk around the classroom.

 

“Yep…the wall too…the paint is coming off, maybe we can repaint it?”

 

“And maybe after repainting we can paint little cartoons on the wall since the children studying in this classroom is quite young. It can help them to lighten their mood!” sungmin exclaimed.

 

“That’s a good idea.” I agreed and smiled.

 

“Okay! Let’s move on to the playground?” sungmin suggested.

 

“sure.” I followed sungmin out.

 

End POV

                                                         *  *  *

 

Sungmin POV

 

 

When we’re out, I heard a soft music. Someone is playing the piano.

 

“Kyu, did you hear it?” I asked kyuhyun

 

“Yes… I did.” Kyuhyun replied.

 

“I think it’s coming from the back. Let’s go and take a look? ” I look at kyuhyun and he nodded his head.

 

We followed the music and soon we realized we’re at the door of the music room. A little girl is playing the piano with an older girl sitting besides her. Kyuhyun and I exchanged glances and went in to take a look. The little girl ended playing just when we are near her. 

 

“Hello! I’m sungmin oppa!” I tapped their shoulder lightly. The older girl looked at me surprisingly while the little girl grabbed the older girl’s hand.

 

“Unnie…who is it?” the little girl whispered to the older girl.

 

“I don’t knw…” The older girl whispered back while looking at me with her eyes full of fear.

 

“Don’t worry! We mean no harm! We’re just attracted to the music so we came here. Can you tell me your names?” I looked at both of them.

 

“I’m Jae eun. She is Jae ra, my sister.” The older girl introduced.

 

“Hi! I’m sungmin oppa and he is kyuhyun oppa.”I smiled at them and introduced kyuhyun. Kyuhyun nodded his head.

 

“Both of you played very well just now. Can I know your ages?” Kyuhyun praised them. The two little girls smiled sweetly.

 

“I’m 9 while she is 5. The one playing piano just now was jae ra, not me.” Jae Eun smiled.

 

“Oh…Jae ra ah! Good job!” I tapped jae ra’s shoulder and she turns towards me and smiled sweetly with her eyes closed. Is she blind? Should I ask her? But it’s very rude…

 

“Jae ra is blind since she was born. My visions are also getting weaker... That’s the reason why we’re here…our parents abandon us here…” Jae Eun seems to have understood me and she answered my doubts. She lowered her head down and grabbed jae ra’s hand even tighter.

 

“I’m sorry…” That’s the only words that came from my mouth…I didn’t know what to say… There was an awkward silence. Stupid lee sungmin! Faster say something!

 

“Can I play the piano?” kyuhyun break the silence…thanks kyu… Jaera nodded her head and jae eun let out her seat. There is another problem…cho kyuhyun know how to play a piano?!

 

“Kyu…you know how to play a piano?” I raised my eyebrow.

 

“Of course bunny…” kyuhyun smirk and start to play the piano. As his fingers move on the keys, a familiar music flows into my ears. It’s “If I could see you again” by Yiruma. (music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mikudzy6Ddo&feature=related ) I move my stare from his fingers to his face. I stare at his side view, he looks so different. I realized I can’t move my gaze away from him. Suddenly, the thought came back, am I falling in love with kyuhyun? All the past memories flooded my mind.

 

“Hi! I’m Lee Sung Min. Nice to meet you!” sungmin said while reaching out his hand.

“I know.” Kyuhyun replied coldly without looking at sungmin.

“What..?” sungmin was very shocked of kyuhyun’s sudden change. Where did the well mannered and polite kyuhyun go?

“I said I know…you pabo…are you deaf?” kyuhyun replied with an irritated face.

 

 

kyuhyun leans towards me and whispered “listen carefully, bunny.” 

 

 

Kyuhyun punch that guy right on the face.

“Let’s go!” kyuhyun grab my hands and start to walk away but we are stop by another guy.

 

 

“I was worried about you…” he whispered softly.

 

 

“W-why do you e-even have t-t-that thought? Y-you like me don’t you?” kyuhyun asked me while still catching his breath.

 

 

Unconsciously, I turn my head in a second to find out the truth but once again I was being prank by him again. His left hand is place on my shoulder while his index finger is poking my right cheek. I look at him, he is smiling sheepishly.

 

 

You shocked me you know? Why did you suddenly ran out of the classroom just now?”

 

 

Kyuhyun suddenly turn his head towards me and smiled at me.

 

Don’t be afraid to love again…”

 

 I smiled back to him. I think…I am falling in love with him.