Horror

Boys over Towers 2

 

They had all met up at an abandoned amusement park north of the Park Mansion. It took them 5 hours to get there and Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel his tailbone aching so bad the he had to lean on Luhan to let the pressure on his arse disperse. “Sorry.” Baekhyun said, sounding a bit embarrassed.

Luhan smiled as he held unto the boy, an arm wrapped around his shoulders. “It’s alright. I got used to traveling a lot as a child, so I’ve gone through that to.” He chuckled, as Baekhyun finally went back into his normal position. He looked up at the rear view mirror and saw Sehun looking back at them, but quickly shut his eyes when his eyes met with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun bit his lip and sighed, knowing that Sehun might be a bit irked at his actions.

“Wow, this place is a dump.” Kris said as he got through the gates, rusty metal pieces colliding with the sole of his shoe. “But these shoes are gucci!” Tao shouted, trying his best to avoid the rest and the dust. All the boys turned to the panda, slowly breaking into laughter. “What? I’m serious… Ah!” A stray metal bar had fallen out of place and into Tao’s direction, almost crushing him in his stance. Kris, however, ran in between the two and pushed the metal piece to the ground.

A sigh of relief escaped from the mouths of every boy as the metal bar clanged against one of the rusty metal rides. “This place is trying to kill me! And my shoes!” Tao shouted, still tightly clutching unto Kris’ arm. “Stay behind me.” The taller boy exclaimed, putting an arm in front of Tao and bringing him closer. Baekhyun smiled, knowing that these two were still together like that made him feel nostalgic.

“Why are you smiling?” Luhan asked as he walked beside Baekhyun. “I remembered when Kris kidnapped Tao from the wedding.” He said, hands flinging around his sides as they walked. “Oh yeah! That was hilarious.” Luhan said, a wide smile spreading across his face. “We had a plan and everything, and Kris had to ruin it.” Luhan suddenly pouted, remembering the genius set up.

“It was too embarrassing.” Kris said as he ran his fingers through his gelled hair. Tao slowly lifted his head up, curiosity in his eyes. “What was your plan anyway?”

“Oh, it was for Kris to-“ Kris had hurriedly put his palm over Luhan’s mouth, silencing the boy from further revealing anything else. “Shh.” Kris waited for the boy to close his mouth before discarding his hand and taking Tao with him deeper into the wreck.

“Oh well.” Luhan shrugged. Sehun was closely walking behind Baekhyun, diagonal to Luhan. He hadn’t said anything from the time Luhan got into the car, making Baekhyun feel more nervous with the two. The rest of the boys had spread out to search the grounds, and the three of them were left to search the Ferris wheel.

“Woah, it’s so scary.” Luhan clutched his shirt tighter around him as the wind ran through his thin clothes. “You should have brought a jacket or something.” Baekhyun could only look at the boy. He was wearing thin clothes himself, so him giving his red pullover would be useless.

Just then, a familiar black leather jacket was placed on top of Luhan’s head, making the two boys flinch. The two quickly turned around to see Sehun in just a white t-shirt and jeans, walking in the direction where Yixing had gone. Baekhyun smiled as he finally showed his affection. Baekhyun quickly turned to look at Luhan, whom by now carried a furious blush across his cheeks.

He had removed the jacket from his head and quickly slipped it on, hugging himself in it with a big smile. “Alright, alright, let’s go.” Baekhyun chuckled, bringing the older boy towards the booths of the carnival.

They walked deeper into the big space, leaves crunching from under their feet. “This is really amazing. It really is abandoned.” Luhan could feel his heart beat go faster at the eeriness of the setting. “What if there are… ghosts here?” Baekhyun shivered. “I’m kidding.” He tapped the younger boys shoulder and went into a ride that said Mirror House.

The mirrors were all shattered, glass shards filling up the floor. Luhan quickly placed a hand in front of Baekhyun, making him stop in his tracks. “It’s dangerous if we try to get in.” He said as he slowly put his hand down.

They quickly exited the attraction, heading towards the last place they hadn’t checked.

Horror House, huh? What a cliché name.” Luhan chuckled as he entered from the entrance, a mouth of a clown that extended from top to bottom. Baekhyun could feel Goosebumps form at both his arms as he slowly followed the boy inside.

They slowly walked in as they stared at the horrifying setting. The walls were graced with frames that held various photos of faces that felt like they were moving. Baekhyun bit his lip and ran up close to Luhan. “Don’t worry, the power’s been out since it was abandoned. Nothing can scare us here-“

The floorboards had collapsed, sending the two spiraling down a tube. “AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Baekhyun screamed at the top of his lungs as he plummeted to the ground. Luhan had followed quickly after, landing across Baekhyun’s back, sending the boy to wheeze painfully.

“What the hell was that? Oh my God, I’m sorry.” Luhan quickly moved over Baekhyun, dusting off the dirt that had gotten on his clothes. They both looked around to see where they were. “Is this a storage room?” Luhan shivered at the sight of the figures in front of him.

All around the walls hung costumes of clowns, gorillas, and other horrendous monsters that sent a chill down Baekhyun’s spine. Baekhyun could only stare in horror, unable to fully sink in what was happening.

Luhan stood up, walking towards the walls in search for an exit. When the room seemed like there was no door present, he looked back at the tunnel they came from. “Looks like we can’t go back up using this.” Luhan patted the black tube from which they came from.

He turned his gaze to the mortified Baekhyun, immediately sitting down next to him. “Hey, it’s alright. Don’t be scared.” Luhan wrapped an arm around Baekhyun and drew him in, running his fingers through the boy’s hair.

Baekhyun could only remember the time when he got lost in the ocean, being alone in the middle of nowhere. But Luhan was here, and it was enough to calm down the boy’s nerves. “I-I’m alright.” Baekhyun stuttered, slowly lifting himself out of Luhan’s grip.

“Alright, we have to find out where we are.” Luhan said as he touched the floor for any doors or exits. His hand brushed against a loose floorboard and he quickly used all his strength to pull it up. It opened to reveal just the grass to the bottom of the attraction, and nothing else. He sighed as he slumped back against Baekhyun, unable to find out what he should do.

“I left my phone in the car.” Luhan pouted as he searched his pockets for his phone. “I-I have mine!” Baekhyun scrambled to his knees to pull out the white phone Yixing had gave him earlier. “Oh? Since when did you change your phone?” Luhan asked as he cocked his head to the side. “Yixing gave it to me.” He was too engrossed in the phone’s screen that he hadn’t seen the mischievous smile on Luhan’s face. “Oh, so that’s how it is.”

Baekhyun sighed in frustration as he realized it was a new phone that didn’t have his contacts in yet. He turned to Luhan to ask if he had memorized any of the other guy’s phone numbers, only to be brought down by a shrug. “I don’t really like memorizing numbers, they’re useless since I have a phone.” Baekhyun dug into his brain to see if he had remembered any of the numbers that were (forcefully) typed into his old white flip-phone.

His eyes opened when he had realized he still had Chanyeol’s number humming in his head. “I memorize Chanyeol’s number…” He gulped, clutching the phone as the light shone on his face. “Well, it’s all we got. Go on.” Baekhyun nodded at the boy and tapped the numbers on the touch screen, a rhythm he had used to memorize Chanyeol’s number (not that he wanted to memorize it… He was just bored… and Chanyeol’s number came up…) following unto the numbers.

“Wow, you really do memorize it.” Luhan’s eyes widened as Baekhyun brought the phone to his ear. He nibbled on his lower lip, hoping he’d get an answer from the boy. Even if he really didn’t want to hear his voice after 5 years in this situation, he was out of luck.

Baekhyun could feel his heart stop when the other line picked up. “Hello?” A deep familiar voice had echoed through his ears, sending immediate tears down his cheek. He didn’t know what to say, he just sat there and let Chanyeol repeatedly say Hello? over and over again. The sound of his sonorous voice made Baekhyun want to see the tall boy in front of him and bring him down close enough for their lips to touch.

“Hello? If this is a prank call, I’m going to put it do-“ Baekhyun immediately snapped back to his senses and perked up. “Chanyeol!” He shouted, his voice sounding suddenly hoarse. The boy on the other end of the line stopped talking, making Baekhyun pause in nervousness. “Chanyeol, is it you?”

Baekhyun waited, and waited, and waited. It was 4 minutes into the conversation that Luhan started to get impatient. “Yah, Park Chanyeol! Where the are you!” He shouted beside Baekhyun, probably enough for the other boy to hear.

“Baekhyun?” He finally said after minutes of silence. Baekhyun could feel his heart drop to his stomach; Chanyeol’s powerful voice making even his name sounding like it was the best name on earth. “Chanyeol! It’s me! It’s me!” Baekhyun’s tears started pouring out, clutching unto the phone like it was his dear life.

“Baekhyun…” Chanyeol repeated, sounding rather sad at the sudden phone call. Baekhyun stopped, suddenly realizing that he had finally gotten hold of Chanyeol. “Chanyeol? Where are you? Your Grandfather’s been looking for you everywhere!” He shouted, scared that this would be the last conversation they would have together.

There was a short pause and Chanyeol had begun to speak up again. “What are you saying? I’m not missing.” Baekhyun almost dropped the phone in confusion. “What? But your grandpa called us to the US to look for you.” He brought the phone nearer to his ear, looking like it would fall into its depths.

“What? I’m at home with my grandfather right now.” Chanyeol sounded more mature now, like his voice had gotten even deeper through the years. Baekhyun didn’t know what else to say. “Who is that?” Baekhyun heard from the other line. He brought his hand to his mouth and covered it quickly, realizing it was Grandpa Park.

“It’s Baekhyun. He said I’m missing.” Chanyeol said, the phone probably at a distance from its sudden muffled sound. He could hear the old man gasp, and a sudden shift. “Baekhyun?” The old man was on the phone now, a worried tone in his voice.

“Grandpa Park? What’s going on?” Baekhyun just stared at the ground in confusion, still highly puzzled on why the two were together.

“Uh, surprise?” 

------------------

yeah so you probably have no idea what's going on hehe he he just what i planned (i'm actually joking i have no idea what I'm doing right now)

well through proper brain draining I will be able to get through this momentary writer's block so yeah hehe stay tuned!!!!!! 

And i'm probably heading into adventure w/ romance, and then angst and comedy will follow shortly after!!!

I'm doing my best to make this incredibly interesting so bare w/ me hehe 

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!