Lips

Boys over Towers 2

 

Baekhyun could feel his head spin in dizziness, the phone dropping out of his hand and into the crack in the floor boards. He dropped to his side, landing on Luhan’s lap and felt his eyes shut, never to open again.

--------------

“Baekhyun?” Grandpa Park said as he held the phone in his hands. Chanyeol eyed him curiously, unable to understand what surprise meant. The old man finally confirmed that the line was dead and put the phone down.

“What do you mean by surprise? And why is Baekhyun here?” Chanyeol had just gotten home from the company and had painful migraine rummaging through his lobes. He still had his outside clothes on, the weight wrapping around his whole body. “It’s hard to explain, let’s just wait until they get back.” He said as he patted his grandson and asked the nurse to wheel him back into his room.

Chanyeol watched as his Grandpa headed back to his room, still highly confused on what was going on. He looked at his phone one more time, staring at the unknown number. A bittersweet smile formed on his face as he bit his lip. He sighed and placed the black phone back in his back pocket, dragging himself back upstairs.

--------------

“Baekhyun! Baekhyun!” Luhan was shaking Baekhyun, his eyes filled with fear. “Baekhyun! Are you alright? What happened?” Baekhyun hadn’t stirred; making Luhan put his hand against Baekhyun’s neck. When he felt his pulse, he immediately slumped to the ground.

Luhan bit his lip, Baekhyun was out cold. He slowly lifted himself up and dragged the unconscious Baekhyun across the room, towards one of the stacks of clothes. He sat beside him and put his head down, hoping that someone would eventually find them.

“Don’t worry, Baek. One of the guys will find us soon.” Luhan was smiling at the boy, feeling useless that he couldn’t do anything.

---------------

“Did you find them?” Kris placed a hand on his chest, clutching his shirt as he gasped for air. “Nope.” Jongin said in defeat. It’s been 2 hours since Luhan and Baekhyun disappeared, and the amusement park was too big for them to cover. “We have to get back to the mansion and ask for Grandpa Park’s help.” Kris said as he brought out his phone.

“No, we can’t do that.” Tao said disapprovingly. “It’s still 2 pm, we still have time to go through the park. You can’t just call up a rich old man for help in searching 2 boys. We’ll find them.” He said as he slowly grabbed Kris’ hand, stopping the boy from dialing Old Man Park’s number.

Kris froze, sighing at the younger boy’s stubbornness. “Alright, if you say so.” He gave a reassuring smile and told everyone to spread out. Soon enough, each boy had gone to a separate place.

“The size of this place is probably the same size of half of Disneyland.” Yixing said as he kicked at the ground. He was worried about Baekhyun (and Luhan), but he didn’t know where to start. “If only I hadn’t let those two go alone.” He sighed, placing his hands in his pockets as he roamed through the Jurassic looking part of the amusement park.

---------------

“Alright, let’s do this for Baekhyun and Luhan!” Jongin told himself as he slowly made his way through the ride that painfully resembled It’s a small world. He walked at the side of the track where the water and boat should be, looking at the dolls that had collected dust and rust over the years of being untouched. He shivered as the eyes looked like they were actually moving. He slowly made his way to the Asian part of the ride, when one of the dolls fell out of its place and rolled down in front of Jongin.

Jongin let out a high-pitched squeal, covering his mouth shortly after. He exhaled when he realized it had just fallen out. He cleared his throat and straightened his jacket out, hoping that no one heard that.

--------------

Sehun jerked his head up, almost hitting one of the waterslides as he heard a high-pitched scream. When the sound faded, he immediately shrugged and continued walking through the water part of the park. “Why are there so many tubes here?” He said, annoyed as the tubes got in his way.

He jumped across each one as he finally made it through the whole ride, constantly shouting “Baek!” and biting his lip before he said “Lu!”

He found himself going through another ride, one that highly resembled Splash Mountain. (No wonder this park was abandoned, they were probably sued for copyright.) Sehun was walking up the trail, following the track where the boat should be. When he saw the light at the end of the tunnel, he hadn’t realized that it was exactly like Splash Mountain, only seconds away before he was to fall off the part where the boat drops.

He clutched the railing at the sides and felt himself exhale in relief. He looked down and gulped, “It’s not like Baekhyun and Luhan would be there… right?” He then thought that maybe what was about to happen to him happened to Luhan (and Baekhyun.) He couldn’t bare to leave without making sure, so he had gone to the side and walked down the long set of stairs.

“Please be safe.”

----------------

Kris and Tao made their way to the Horror House, slowly adjusting their footing. “This place is probably the oldest part, since the floorboards look highly damaged.” Tao explained as he looked at the wooden floors beneath them. “The whole thing could collapse any time-“ He stopped when he saw a hole at the end of the long hallway.

“Kris, look!” Kris turned his head to the direction of the hole, a feeling of relief washing over him. “Luhan! Baekhyun!” Kris shouted, his voice echoing through the whole building.

When they heard no reply, they felt their throats go dry. “What if that hole’s been there all this time?” Kris said as he slowly crept to the side. He wasn’t too sure if the two had fallen in, and was a lot more worried of the fact that this was the tallest attraction in the whole park, even taller than the slides.

“If they fell off from here, which is the… 9th floor, then they’d be…” Tao avoided to say anything more and slowly made his way to the whole. “We just have to make sure.”

The two finally made it to the hole without letting the floorboards from under them break. They peeked from the entrance and saw the lower floor, dark and dreary. “Do you think they’re down there? I can barely see a thing.” Tao was squinting, using his phone as a light to see if they could see anything more properly.

“Luhan! Baekhyun!” Kris shouted again, his voice vibrating through the whole floors down. There was no reply, and they decided it’s best they don’t stay there for long. “Here, I’ll throw this in to see if they’re there. If Luhan saw this, he’d immediately recognize it.” Tao held up a string that had a pendant attached to it.

“What’s that?” Kris eyed the pendant; it was just a shiny rock that had a hole drilled in it. “Yixing handed it to me when we got here. He said it’s Luhan’s, Sehun gave it to him before he left. He said Luhan told him to dispose of it, and Yixing didn’t want to be the one to do it. So, it doesn’t matter if this gets lost.” He dropped the stone in, making a large thud as it rolled of somewhere.

“Come on, let’s go check the other rides.” Tao said as he tugged on Kris sleeve. They slowly walked towards the exit; hoping and praying the two hadn’t fallen down there.

------------

It came close to 6 pm and Luhan had finally woken up. “I fell asleep?” Luhan awkwardly wiped away the saliva that had dripped out of his mouth. His hand was on his sleeve, looking up at the open part of the place they had fallen in to.

The sky was dark, and therefore it was nighttime. He sighed, were they even looking for them?! He looked around, trying to hatch up an idea before they end up stuck there forever. At the corner of his right eye, he could see something shiny flash against the moonlight that managed to get in.

He turned his head and saw a stone—a familiar one at that. He scrambled on his knees to grasp the object, and immediately recognized it. “This is…?!” He recognized the gift Sehun had given him. He then looked up from the tube and checked if anyone was still there. “Hello! Is anyone there?” He shouted, his voice echoing through the empty building.

When no one replied, he knew if he just sat around, they wont get anywhere. He walked towards the pile of costumes and started knotting full body clown suits, wigs, cloaks, or any cloth that he could find. When he was satisfied with the length, he tied an artificial prop hook around the end and threw it as far as he could.

The hook probably caught unto something, as he felt the whole thing finally go stable. “I’ll get help, Baekhyun. I’ll come back as soon as I can.” He gave a reassured smile to the still unconscious boy and slowly made his way up.

When he reached the place where they fell out of, he exhaled loudly and slowly crept on the floorboards, holding unto his dear life. When he finally made it to the exit, he sprinted back to where they had parked the car.

He felt his knees weaken and relief fill him when he saw that the 2 cars were still there. He slowly walked towards it and saw that the boys were sleeping in each seat, either stretched to the sides or just normally sitting down.

He approached the side where Sehun sat, his sleeping face charming, as it is intimidating. Sehun didn’t smile that much, and when he did; it was probably mistaken for a smug look. He was closely staring at the younger boy’s face, his own twisting into an annoyed expression. “You .” He mumbled.

“Hey!” Luhan slammed his fist into the windows, wishing that there was no glass in between them so that he could punch the guy senseless. “Wake up!” He added as the boy squirmed in his seat. Sehun’s eyes slowly cracked open and looked back tat Luhan’s reflection in the window.

His eyes widened and he quickly shuffled in his seat. His hands shook carelessly and he abruptly unlocked the door, opening and sending him to his knees on the rocky ground.

“Hey!” Luhan was surprised with the sudden movements, sending him to take a few steps backward. Sehun rose to his feet and stared directly at Luhan. The older boy awkwardly stood across the boy, his teeth clenching at the angry look on his face. “Hey, why do you look so mad?” He rolled his eyes and remembered that Baekhyun was still back there.

“Hey, let’s talk about this later. Baek-“ Luhan was immediately cut off when Sehun strutted towards him, wrapping him into a tight embrace. Luhan felt Sehun’s strong grip against him, missing the feel of his arms around him for so long.

He could cry, but he didn’t. He bit his lower lip as the black leather of Sehun’s jacket clashed with his white complexion. “Sehun, wait, let’s do this later…” Luhan tried his best to make Sehun let go, but the taller boy wouldn’t stir from his grasp on him.

When Sehun broke from the hug, Luhan found his heart breaking into a million pieces. This, however, changed when Sehun brought his freezing lips towards Luhan’s. Their lips crashed against each other, tongues once again united. Luhan had missed Sehun’s taste, wanting more than he should. He wrapped his arms around Sehun and drew him closer, slightly tip-toeing to reach Sehun’s height.

Luhan slowly lifted his eyes; he wanted to see Sehun clearly once again. As he did so, he saw the reflection of a car light go against the car Jongin was still sleeping in. He quickly pulled away from the kiss and turned around, only to be greeted by a slick black car.

A tall man emerged from the driver’s seat, swiftly walking over towards Luhan and Sehun’s direction. Luhan could feel his jaw drop. Sehun could only feel his eyes widen at the sight of the familiar tower.

“Chanyeol?!” 

---------------

yay alright so i brought Chanyeol back into the picture, but that still doesn't explain why Grandpa Park told them Chanyeol was missing!!!!!!!

ooOoOoOoOoOOOOoOooHHHHhHhHh stay tuned for the next chapter hehehhehehhhehehe

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!