The Challenge

Boys over Towers 2

 

Chanyeol paced back and forth in his office, biting on his nails as if he was going to go to his death at any minute. From time to time, he’d dig his nails into his scalp, trying to think of a simpler way to put everything, but in the end it always comes out flat.

“Really, just tell him.” Kris says in an exasperated tone, watching as Chanyeol finally gave up and slumped to his chair. He rams his palms into his eyes, trying to rid of tiredness away from them.

“But… Yixing…” Chanyeol took a deep breath, slightly admitting his defeat as if it wasn’t a big deal. Tao just rolls his eyes, going through his phone. “Chanyeol, this world is survival of the fittest. You die out in a person’s heart, then it’s your loss. I heard Baekhyun asked Yixing for a slight break while he was here, so as of now they aren’t really boyfriend-boyfriend or something—“

“—What do you mean?” Chanyeol’s jaw drops, watching Tao in complete curiosity. “You mean, they broke up?”

“I guess.” Tao shrugged, dragging his finger on the touch screen. “He hasn’t been contacting Yixing as much, and it says so on Xing’s twitter account—“

Chanyeol made for Tao’s phone, taking it to his hands to see the letters splayed unto the screen.

Taking a break from a relationship seems tough, but I’ll get through it! Fighting! ヽ( °◇°)ノ

Chanyeol feels relief wash over it as he slumps into the space beside Tao, as if the weights on his back had finally been lifted off. Tao begrudgingly takes his phone back with a scowl, scrolling through the remaining tweets.

“Oh, it seems like he’s challenging you.” Tao says as he hands over his phone for Chanyeol to see, knowing that the giant would take it from him again anyway.

Chanyeol feels the surge of emotion pass through his veins as he read the next sentence that was sent around 2 days ago.

You may have Baek now, Park Chanyeol. But I’m not losing to you! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Chanyeol takes this challenge, finally giving him the go signal to his capture.

“There he goes.” Kris says as he wraps an arm around Tao’s shoulders, watching as Chanyeol sprinted out of his office. Tao smiles along with him, clutching his phone in his hands.

“Our child has grown up.” Kris says as he wipes away an imaginary tear from his eye.

From the room, the echo of Chanyeol falling down the set of stairs all the way to the last step could be heard. It took around 12 seconds until a loud groan escaped Chanyeol’s lips that Tao spoke up.

“He takes after you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol excitedly ran for Baekhyun’s room, bubbly and pounding with emotion as if he was to obtain Baekhyun once again.

And that made him stop. What if Baekhyun wasn’t the one who asked for the break? What if Baekhyun still likes Yixing? What if he hates Chanyeol?

He nibbles on his lips as the pain on the side he fell on previously throbbed. He looked around his house’s main lobby, trying to piece together a theory before heading over to the other side of the mansion where Baekhyun resided in.

“It’s either he’s still in love with Yixing… or he’s not.” Chanyeol said in the most unintelligent way possible, making him swallow his words right after. “I can tell him that… I’m not losing to Yixing either, and that I’m going to—“ Before he could think of anything else, he hears footsteps.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun questions, watching as the man before him tried to piece together words to say.

“B—Baek—“

The doorbell resounds throughout the house, making Baekhyun turn his attention to the door. Chanyeol, however, ignores it and goes on with whatever he had planned, or at least, tried to plan to say.

“Baek, I—“

In a few seconds, the door busts open as if an explosion had occurred, and a familiar figure breaks through the space. Baek’s eyes widen and Chanyeol is forced to look at the source of Baekhyun’s newfound interest.

He feels the resentment piling up in his stomach as Yixing steps into the hall, bag in tow, hood up and sunglasses hanging over the bridge of his nose.

“Yixing?!” Baekhyun shouts, quickly running over to the man, ultimately passing Chanyeol.

“Hey, Baek.” Yixing says as he catches Baekhyun in an embrace, leaving Chanyeol to bitterly absorb his thoughts. “Hey, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol smiles at him in reply, although forced, slightly real. “Hey, Xing. Long time no see. To what do I owe this pleasure?”

“Oh, you know, leveling the playing ground.” Yixing mutters, only implicating whatever Chanyeol knew it would be. Baekhyun looks up at him in curiosity, being the only not being able to understand the situation. “Playing ground? What?”

“Oh, so you know how I accepted your challenge?” Chanyeol feels a smile cross his mouth, hands on his hips as if gaining the confidence he had lost along the way. Baekhyun slowly backs away from Yixing as he feels the strengthening tension in between the two.

“Yeah, of course. Wouldn’t it be unfair if you had the better court while I’m 15 hours away? Not entirely fair.” Yixing says as he lets go of his bag, straightening his back as he stared Chanyeol down.

“Fine with me.” Chanyeol shrugs, walking slowly towards Baekhyun. “From today on, both of us are going to win Baekhyun over.”

“And whoever doesn’t capture Baekhyun’s heart has to leave him alone forever.” Yixing adds, standing up to face Chanyeol up to his height.

Yixing wasn’t as tall as Chanyeol, but his confidence rivaled the giant 10 fold.

“Deal?”

“Deal.”

The y both shake hands right before Baekhyun, who slowly got the gist of the situation unfolding in front of him. He takes a deep breath and watches as the two immature men finished of the deal and headed into separate directions.

“This is not going to end well.” Baekhyun mutters as he heads back to his own room.

 

 

 

 

Quadruple update because I'm actually having fun writing this! Can't believe I decided to let it go haha It kinda seemed bland to me before 

 

also!!!! the masses has spoken and I'm continuing on with _________ lmao of course i'm not telling you guys you have to wait until the next updates to see which couple will prevail!!! But don't worry, I'll make sure it follows along with the same story line I've come up with :-)

 

Thank you for your comments!! All of you made my day today and I'm really glad you guys exist I love you all <33333