I want you back

Boys over Towers 2

 

As if all over again, Baekhyun finds himself walking through the halls of the mansion he had always hated. It reminded him of the moments where he wasn’t with Chanyeol, where a woman separated their chances of ever being together.

And then he remembered Taeyeon, whose last looks towards him was looks of triumph.

Baekhyun bites his lip as he wonders, did they get married?

He curiously spills into the hallways, surfing the carpets as if wanting to find more information about the life of the man who had fallen way too far from his grasp.

Step by step, be lightens his footsteps as he hears voices at the end of the vast hallway. Some of them are high and breathy, probably ones of girls.

But it’s only the sound of that particular voice that makes him stop.

He takes cover in one of the hallways, hiding as if he was a criminal caught in the act. The voices get louder, footsteps and the clack of heels evidently echoing through the hallway until it hits the carpets.

The sound of muffled footsteps take over, and Baekhyun feels like his heart it about to burst. If it was confirmation of his rejection 5 years ago, then he felt the need to stick around.

His heart drops when he sees Taeyeon walking down the hallway with one of the maids that resided in the kitchen. She seems a bit older now, but her skin still radiates the same glow it had years ago.

Baekhyun swallows as she passes by, sighing as she disappears into the next corridor.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun is filled with several questions that day. He wondered if Taeyeon and Chanyeol really did get married, and that Taeyeon lived in Chanyeol’s house or if they had children or…

Baekhyun shakes his head of his thoughts. “This has nothing to do with you, Byun Baekhyun.” He says out loud, slapping his cheeks to regain the life that was in them just months ago.

As he continues with his walk through the mansion, his phone rings, making him immediately bring his hands to his pockets. “Hello?” He says with a smile, knowing that Yixing was on the other side of the line.

Hey.” Baekhyun could feel the smile seeping through Yixing’s voice, and that gave him the relief to pass off for the amount of information that was buzzing through his head.

Are you holding up okay? Has Chanyeol done anything to you? Wait, no, I didn’t say that. I mean, uh—“

Baekhuyn interrupts Yixing with a small laugh, causing Yxing to slightly sigh in relief. “Hey, I promised you I’d just get things done and come back, right? Don’t worry, I wont do anything.” Baekhyun says, trying to hide the urge to say I miss you in the sappiest possible voice he could conjure in his throat.

I miss you.” Obviously, Yixing beats him to it and he’s left to bite at his tongue. He has never felt so in love that his feet were about to take him up and lift him up to the clouds like a teenager in love.

“You’re so lame.” Baekhyun blurts out, making Yixing laugh. “I missed that sentence too.”

And that was enough for Baekhyun feel like there wasn’t a Chanyeol, or a Taeyeon, or a problem to begin with.

He engraves in his heart;

The one I love is Yixing.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was called into the dining room at around half past six, and he reluctantly goes especially when the maid ends it as a “demand from the CEO.”

Baekhyun takes small steps, making sure he gets there as late as he could. He watches out for anyone passing by who tries to speed up his movement, but never encounters anyone. It felt like the entire house was empty and the only people left were him and the man he was afraid of.

He finally arrives at the dining room, immediately spotting Chanyeol sitting at the chair farthest from the entrance. Baekhyun gives him a skeptical look, and Chanyeol beckons him towards the chair farthest away from him as well.

Baekhyun takes a seat at the end of the table, watching Chanyeol’s every move. There were plates of food already splayed out for him. Chanyeol just points at the food, signaling for Baekhyun to eat.

Baekhyun does as he is told, just casually taking in any amount of food he could at a time.

The silence thickens and the two are left to another awkward atmosphere. Chanyeol deems it unnerving, how much he regrets telling everyone to leave for the day so he and Baekhyun could talk over dinner.

Oh, how he regrets so many things.

“The other… left for the day.” He tones down his voice when he realizes he shouted his first two words, trying to redeem himself. How he wished he asked Jongin or Tao to stay, because Kris around would just keep implying the two would end this dinner on the bed rather than down the sink.

Baekhyun only nods, unable to keep up the conversation with whatever words he could croak out. Chanyeol nibbles on his lip, trying to come up with more words to say. He was trying to explain to Baekhyun why he needed him. Of course, Baekhyun presence alone was enough to keep him back in shape.

“Do you know why… I need you yet?” Chanyeol asks, not looking up from his plate. Baekhyun his head to the side, trying to seem not too interested, ultimately failing.

“It’s because… you…” Chanyeol doesn’t continue, only ending it with a groan, leaving the table with the unfinished food on the white sheets and a very confused Baekhyun at the other end.

If only he could say it, say the words he’s always wanted to tell Baekhyun.

I want you back in my life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing grew impatient as the days peeled off like the layers of an onion. He anxiously watches the clock and the calendar and his phone for a sign—anything—that’ll give him relief of the worry he feels right now.

“I feel like maybe… what if… Baekhhyun falls for Chanyeol again and I’m not there and —“

—God, you’re such a teenage girl.” Suho says in the gayest voice he could possibly think of, sending Yixing off. “Really? Are you really going to be sassy Suho with me? I can’t believe I dated you in high school—“

You did, it up baby.” Suho says, making Yixing slightly puke in the café he had taken refuge in. He was trying to run away from the company guards, who was at the moment, looking for him.

“I just feel like, I’ve already lost.” Yixing says in a rather bitter tone, trying to argue within himself to find anything he’s better at versus Chanyeol. “I’m not as good as Chanyeol. Of course, there’s a hundred percent chance Baek’ll fall in love with him again—“

—Shut yo mouth! You’re pretty cool and don’t think some gangly man will win over the guy you’ve been treating like a princess for so many years, ya wuss!

Yixing cringes at Suho’s new found lingo, obviously one of those smart students who get into the wrong set of friends, with each one of them thinking they’re cool.

“You’re right, thanks.” Yixing says with a laugh. “Suho, do me a favor and drop out of that club.” Yixing feels like he hit the spot when Suho is hesitant with his words. “W—What club? I ain’t no part of no damn club!

“Suho.”

There is a deep breath coming from the other side of the line, making Yixing feel at ease.

Alright, yeah, I’m going too far. They said this type of speech was cool around here, so I bought a book. Turns out, it’s not as cool as it seems…

Yixing doesn’t know why, but he could imagine Suho, hunched at the back of the class as snickers formed their way to the sea of students. They were obviously making fun of the elder, and somehow, Yixing found it incredibly cute.

But he shakes his head of his thoughts, making sure he gets rid of his feelings of longing.

I better go now… You better hold up properly or you might give Baekhyun a reason not to come home,

Yixing was about to say something as Suho mutters out his final words

ya nitwit.

And if Yixing didn’t remember he was in love, the line was cut. 

 

 

 

triple update because I'm fabulous and you guys are fabulous 

also suggestions pls do you want chanbaek and sulay to happen in the next chapters or are u on all out strike and going for laybaek and sad!chanyeol 

leave comments and suggestions hehe thank you for reading!