Reunion

Boys over Towers 2

 

Baekhyun had left the house in the early morning and had already said his goodbyes to both of his parents. “Bring him back, alright?” His mom said as she brought her son into a tight hug. He was fairly awkward with his dad so when he decided to wrap the small boy in his arms, Baekhyun awkwardly lifted his hands to hug back. “You better come back in one piece or else that Chanyeol is going to get an earful.”

Baekhyun bowed one last time and walked out of the door, where he was met by Jongin and Sehun in Jongin’s convertible. He hopped in the back seat as they went off to the airport.

“You got everything?” Jongin asked Baekhyun as he looked at him through the rear view mirror. “Yeah, I’ve gotten everything.” He shot up and smiled at the boy, probably one of the kindest people he has ever known. He was glad Jongin was here, because no way in hell would he be able to calm down Sehun and Yixing on his own. He sighed as he looked out of the window, snow slowly piling up the streets as winter season kicked in.

He didn’t really like snow because he was once trapped in a snow fort when he was younger. Sehun thought it would be funny if he closed up the entrance, and leave the small boy shivering in the cold as he went back to his house to drink hot chocolate. Overall, Sehun was a douche, but Baekhyun couldn’t help himself stick around him.

They had arrived at the airport and hopped on another private plane, making Baekhyun never really experience sitting in the economy class seats at any other regular airplane. He sat at the window seat, Sehun beside him. Sehun looked so blank all day that when Baekhyun tried to talk to him, he’d drift off and only reply a few minutes later.

The plane ride was probably one of the most agonizing things Baekhyun had ever experienced in his life. It was 15 hours and Baekhyun wanted to claw his eyes out in boredom. The others seemed highly unfazed by this, constantly sleeping, playing with their phones, and looking out the window. Even Sehun managed to sleep the whole trip making Baekhyun question this possibility.

“Just 3 more hours, you can do it Baek.” Jongin said with an uplifting smile. Baekhyun could only return this with an exhausted smile. “How do you guys look fine and comfortable?” Baekhyun asked, eye bags more evident than they used to be.

Yixing and Jongin looked like they’ve came out of a photo shoot, their hair still styled and their clothes looked like they were still fully pressed. Baekhyun, on the other hand, looked like he hadn’t bathed in days, his gray hoodie all wrinkled and naturally worn out, his jeans still tight and crushing around his legs. His hair was sticking out, he had been ruffling it constantly when he felt frustrated that his tailbone felt like it was going collapse in his arse.

“We’re just naturally attractive.” Yixing said, not lifting his head from the magazine in his hands. If Sehun were awake right now, he would have retorted the boy that involved a lot of name-calling. Baekhyun gave a slight laugh, kind of missing the white flip phone in his hand.

Yixing looked at Baekhyun’s hands, like he was able to tell what was wrong. He reached out from under his bag, grabbing it and stuffing his hand into it. He found the box placed at the bottom of his other stuff and threw it towards Baekhyun’s direction. Baekhyun stared at the white long box in his hands, a confused look on his face.

“Someone gave that to me, I don’t really need it.” He said as he returned to look at the magazine in his hands. Baekhyun looked at Yixing, then back to the box in his hands. He flipped it over right side up and saw a picture of the latest white Samsung SIII. His jaw dropped a bit, looking back at the boy who had just given this to him. “Isn’t this expensive?” Baekhyun asked, still in disbelief. “It’s alright, he’s already got the Note 2, and so you can have that.” Jongin said, a soft smile appearing on his face.

Baekhyun could only bow and say thank you, still unaware of what just happened. He held the box in his hands, unable to properly intake Yixing’s sudden kindness. He was smiling, and Yixing couldn’t help but smile to himself as he looked down.

Their plane finally landed and Baekhyun almost stumbled to the ground, uneven footing making him unaccustomed to the sudden land. Jongin had used his right arm to pull him up and steady him. Baekhyun smiled at the boy as he dusted off his legs, steadying himself. He walked so stiffly that he looked like a robot, walking ahead of the three boys.

“He’s really cute.” Jongin chuckled a bit, smiling at the boy as he tried his best to let his limbs not betray him. “Hey, you have Kyungsoo.” Yixing mumbled as he clutched his phone in his hand, bag in the other.

“Of course, I don’t like him that way. Kyungsoo is still my babe.” He said, wrapping an arm around Yixing and giving him a wide grin. “And you? Why are you suddenly being incredibly nice to our little princess? You do know Chanyeol has his fingers tightly wrapped around him?” Jongin teased.

“Shut up.” Yixing shrugged Jongin’s arm off and walked ahead of him. Jongin stood in surprise; he could have sworn he saw a blush on Yixing’s face. “Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.” Jongin felt a mischievous smile on his face as Yixing caught up to the robot Baekhyun and Sehun, walking alongside the shorter boy.

“This is going to be fun.”

------------

They had arrived at the Park Mansion, and Baekhyun felt a bit too tired to even praise probably biggest house he had ever seen. He was in awe, but now wasn’t the time to be amazed at the rich people. Besides, he had gotten fairly used to it and didn’t himself interested anymore.

A bunch of butlers and maids greeted them as they stepped out of the car, taking hold of their luggage and walking into the house as if taking people’s lugged was the most normal thing in the world. Baekhyun sighed and followed the rest into the house, 2 big brown doors being held up by guards dressed in things Baekhyun couldn’t quite describe. They walked passed them and were greeted by Old Man Park. Baekhyun couldn’t keep his eyes off the man, once the one who could ride helicopters and ran around following the boys, but now he was confined to a wheel chair, his face drooping more than it used to.

“We’re here, Grandpa Park.” Jongin said, smiling at the man in front of him. “Welcome!” He showed his toothy grin once again, making Baekhyun remember Chanyeol’s one homey one.

“For now, get to your rooms. You should rest for rest of day and I’ll see you all in the morning.” He let out a loud cough that sent all the nurses around him into panic. “Bring him back to his room.” Jongin said as he patted the old man’s back. He waved at them before he disappeared into the long unwinding hallway.

Another butler, one in a white tailcoat, had brought them up the stairs and each into their own rooms. “You’ll be staying here until we find Master Park, am I correct?” He said with a straight face, making Baekhyun unable to see into his expression.

“Yeah.” Yixing said, still looking into his phone, playing Candy Crush as he walked alongside of Baekhyun and Jongin. “Then please use these rooms to your liking. If you need anything please just call on us. Master Park had instructed us to make you feel most at home. I am Choi Minho, and I will do my best to keep you comfortable.” He bowed before going down stairs to attend to Grandpa.

“Well, that’s it for today. Baekhyun, get some sleep.” Sehun said as he propped his hands on Baekhyun’s shoulders and pushed him into one of the rooms. The door closed from behind him and Baekhyun let out a loud sigh. The sigh turned into a smile, Sehun knew him the best. He found himself in a wide room that had a minimalist bed, a table, a long mirror, and windows that stretched out from top to bottom.

He dropped to the bed, his outside jacket still wrapping around him. It was a bit too cold and he decided it was best if he kept it on. A few minutes on the soft mattress, he had drifted to sleep.

--------------

They had gotten downstairs to eat breakfast, and made their way to the car that they were to use to look for Chanyeol. “Wow.” Sehun whistled as he saw the yellow sports car parked in front of the house. The three boys stood in awe, smiles on their faces. Baekhyun could only look in confusion; he wasn’t really interested in cars anyway. “Alright, let’s get going. We have a bit of clues on where Chanyeol is, let’s get going before it gets too dark.” Jongin said as he threw his bag into the back and hopped into the driver’s seat.

Sehun had gotten into the front with Jongin, much to Yixing’s complaints. He gave and sat beside Baekhyun at the back. Jongin looked through the rear view mirror and smirked at the picture. They took off into the direction of the city, since the Park Mansion was located in a big space in the middle of the woods.

The trees were tall, stretching far across the land. Baekhyun took a deep breath, talking in much of the fresh air as he could. Yixing was staring at the boy, his fingers tapping against the edge of the car. He found himself smiling and immediately brushed it off, clearing his throat.

Baekhyun had turned back to Jongin, hands brushing against Yixing’s. “Say, why couldn’t any of Grandpa Park’s people find Chanyeol?” He said as his fingers extended, making Yixing’s eyes widen as his skin touched Baekhyun’s prickling icy fingers.

“That, I have no idea. I actually don’t understand what that Old Man is trying to do. He didn’t actually properly tell us that he had swept the whole nation to look for Chanyeol, and he had called us in to look for him. Now that you think about it, four boys have a million less chances than that of a hundred men in black, right?” Jongin said as he ruffled his hair, still trying to piece everything together.

“Maybe, he’s tricking us?” Sehun said as he fiddled with his phone, browsing through songs as he slid his thumb on the touch screen. All the boys turned to Sehun, an annoyed look on their face. “That old man is the nicest old man I have ever met, why would he trick us?!” Baekhyun said as he slammed his hand against Sehun’s hand, breaking off the contact between him and Yixing. Yixing sighed in relief and slumped against the cushioned chairs.

Jongin caught a glimpse of Yixing, making sure he’ll soon enough. “Ouch!” Sehun shouted as he put his free hand to his head. “He brought us into EXO high, show a bit of gratitude!” Baekhuyn shouted, making Sehun pout. “I’m sorry.” He went back to going through his songs, finally settling with Lee Hi’s Rose.

“So, where are we going first?” Jongin said as he broke the tension. Sehun held the map out in his hands, looking at the widely traced route. “There’s an amusement park that he frequently went to, so I guess we’re going there first.” He said as he traced his fingers on the red line.

“Ok, alright. But we’re going to have to pass something before we get on looking for Chanyeol.” Jongin said as he twisted his wheel and headed in a different direction. “Hey, where are you going?! We have to take that route!” Sehun shouted, pointing at the opposite direction.

“Ahhhh, shut up. We’ll just take a small detour.” Jongin drove up to the direction of the airport, parking as they made it to the front of the white buulding.

“What are we doing here?” Sehun was annoyed, especially because he hated it when people didn’t follow the schedule.

“I have a surprise for all of you.” Jongin smiled, getting out of the car. “You guys stay here, I’ll be back.” He closed the door behind him, putting his shades down to rest on the bridge of his nose.

A few minutes later, Jongin has come out of the airport with people walking behind him. All three boys looked up, their jaws dropping at the sight.

Jongin looked incredibly fine in an expensive looking jacket and a white printed shirt, and black pants that hugged his thin legs. Behind him was Kris, his blonde hair gelled back into a puff, a white blazer and purple shirt, along with white pants. Tao was walking alongside Kris, a black pullover with a print of a panda eating bamboo, and jeans that loosely hung on his waist.

Sehun swallowed when he saw the final boy behind the three. Luhan who always had his blonde hair was now sporting pink hair that highly resembled Sehun’s. He was wearing just a white shirt that loosely hung on his shoulders, a rainbow muffler that wrapped around his neck and blight blue jeans that tightly wrapped around his slender legs.

Yixing was smiling as he got out of the car, walking over to the four boys calmly. Baekhyun watched as the four started talking to each other, unable to completely hear them from the distance. He smiled as Yixing wrapped Kris into a tight hug, making the boy wheeze. Sehun was bowing his head and listening to music, making sure not to greet Luhan’s gaze.

All of them turned to the car and saw the two boys still sitting in the yellow car. Luhan was frowning when he saw Sehun sitting in the front seat but immediately light up when he saw Baekhyun at the back. “Baekie!” Luhan ran to the opposite side where Sehun sat, opened the door to Baekhuyn’s seat and lifted him up to a hug.

“I missed you so much!” Baekhuyn felt like he was being crushed under the boy’s gaze. When he broke away, the 4 other boys had come along in front of the car. “Hey there, princess.” Kris said as he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair. “Since when did you call me princess?” Baekhyun was smiling at the taller boy.

“I never really called out your name, but I called you princess in my mind all the time.” Kris had a soft smile on his face, making Baekhyun swoon on the sudden change. “Well, Baekie is our princess anyway.” Luhan still had his arms around Baekhyun, making Yixing shuffle a bit in his place. Jongin could notice it and immediately hooked an arm around Luhan, making him break away from Baekhyun.

“Alright, since the gangs all here, lets go.” He brought Luhan into the car, motioning Yixing, Kris and Tao to take the car across the parking lot. “Why do I have to go with them?” Yixing joked, pointing at the two intimidating boys next to him.

“Luhan deserves lighter, more beautiful company. Now go on and take the other car and follow us to the amusement park.” He threw the keys into Tao’s direction, knowing that he was the best driver out of the three. They walked towards the black car, pushing each other jokingly as they did.

Baekhyun smiled at the small reunion and got into the car. He hadn’t realized that Sehun was still sitting at the front seat, eyes closed and listening to music. Luhan was avoiding him, but didn’t make it noticeable. He was too busy exchanging stories with Baekhyun, engrossed with finding a different thing to do than speak to the boy in front of him.

“This is going to take a while…” Jongin sighed as he shifted into gear and headed to the amusement park.  

-------------

Ok so yeah I really wanted to bring everyone into the picture because it's kind of boring just having jongin and yixing around lol

thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!