Laughter

Boys over Towers 2

 

Chanyeol could feel the broken shards crunch under his feet as he moved slightly, the fleeting feeling of wanting to run over to Baekhyun and wrap his arms around him. He, however, shakes his head of any previous feelings and sternly crumples his face to his old expression, the expression he had donned when Baekhyun and his grandfather left his life.

“Hey.” He says with a slight cough, watching Baekhyun’s mouth form a small smile at his reply. Baekhyun is shaking, his bag slightly rattling in its place. He’s scared. He was scared of Chanyeol, of what he might say, of what he might be.

“So, how are you?” Baekhyun tries to spike up the conversation, even if it seemed highly inappropriate.

I’m lost without you was what he wanted to say, but those words weren’t his to say. They will never be especially because he knew Baekhyun would never forgive him.

“I’m fine.” Chanyeol quickly replies, walking towards the side of the room to grab the broom. Baekhyun notices this and quickly helps Chanyeol, walking over to the shards.

“How about you?” Chanyeol asks, a bit too bitter for his tone. Baekhyun takes a deep breath, heaving himself down to the level of the shards to slightly pick them up one by one. “I’m fine.”

“Are you married?” Chanyeol suddenly asks, making Baekhyun freeze in his place. Baekhyun swallows the hard lump in his throat, and Chanyeol felt like jumping off a cliff at the spur of the moment.

God ing damn it, Park Chanyeol! You shouldn’t be asking that now it’s awkward what are you going to ing do—

“No.” Baekhyun breathily replies, making Chanyeol heave out a breath of relief. He quickly covers it up with another cough, not entirely sure if it was a sigh of relief for Baekhyun not being married, or for one where he had replied to make the air less awkward.

Chanyeol takes it in as the latter.

“But, I’m dating Yixing.”

And with those words, Chanyeol felt like diving head first into a bunch of glass shards.

“Oh.” He coughs up, finally taking the broom from the closet and bringing it towards Baekhyun’s direction.

Except, he doesn’t feel the power surging through him. Like his entire body went on lockdown and just wanted to piece by piece, crumble to the floor like it was humanely possible without disembodying himself first.

He trudged his way to the smaller boy, bending down and taking the shards from the elder’s hands without actually touch him, placing the shards in the dustpan and sweeping up the remaining ones on the ground.

“I can take it from here. You must be tired. You can take the first room to the left of the second floor.”

Baekhyun doesn’t know what else to say to Chanyeol, slowly standing up from the squatting position he had mutated into. “I haven’t even told you why I’m here—“

“—You’re probably here to help me, as per whatever Kris or the other guys say. Yeah, sure, alright.” Chanyeol coldly replies, making Baekhyun swallow the bile that had lined the wall of his throat.

“What is with you?” Baekhyun hisses, not being able to contain the anger that had piled up on his chest. “I come over and try to help you out because our friends think you’re going too far, immersing yourself into a battle you shouldn’t be fighting alone.” He bursts, making Chanyeol stop with the retrieval of the glass shards.

“I read the summary of the stocks on the way here. They’re plummeting down and so is your medical record. If you stress yourself even more, the consequences aren’t something the guys and me are going to like.” Baekhyun softens his tone, as if he had just shouted at a child and wanted to redeem himself.

There was a long pause, and Baekhyun felt like sprinting out of the room and running back to Korea where Yixing was all he ever wanted. “Kyungsoo said you wanted something from me, so I’m here.”

At those words, Chanyeol’s chest tightens. He feels the need to breathe, but doesn’t do so. He feels unworthy of whatever Baekhyun was willing to give him, and he knew that if he told him what he wanted, it was something Baekhyun couldn’t give.

“There’s nothing I want.” He croaks bitterly, finishing off the shards by throwing them into the trash bin. He returns the broom and dustpan back into the closet, and Baekhyun is left to stare down at his feet.

“But Kyungsoo said there’s something—“

“—There’s goddamn nothing I want!” Chanyeol shouts, unable to suppress the need to touch Baekhyun, to feel Baekhyun’s skin, to shed off the layers that wrapped the boy in the cold weather.

Baekhyun is slightly taken back, watching Chanyeol freeze in place as he felt like a bomb that was about to blow off. “Chanyeol, I just—“

“—Just go. Go to your room. Go back to Korea. Go back to wherever you want to go. I want to be alone for now.” Chanyeol’s voice is hoarse, but Baekhyun understands. He promptly leaves the room, walking out of the door as if once again, he was blocked off to enter Chanyeol’s life.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun jumped into the bed, drowning against the sheets as if he allowed it to swallow him whole. He just wanted to go back, anywhere he wont be around Chanyeol anymore.

“Hey.” His ears perk up and he looks towards the direction of the door, where obviously, Chanyeol wouldn’t be in.

“Jongin.” Baekhyun says with a smile, watching as the man entered the room and sat at the edge of the bed. “Enjoying the bed?”

Baekhyun chuckles, lifting himself up with his elbows. “Yeah, really soft.”

Jongin abruptly drops to the bed, lying down on Baekhyun’s stomach like it was the most casual thing out there. “You’re really soft too.”

“Hey, don’t be like that. I might get accused of being the second wife.” Baekhyun lightly laughs, his stomach vibrating along with Jongin’s head. “Hey, I’d never cheat on Kyungsoo.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” Baekhyun says as he tries to stop his laughter, just sinking in the nice atmosphere dancing against the two.

“Good to see you again, Jongin.” Baekhyun finally says, breaking the silence in the room. “Kyungsoo’s doing good. Said you had a show coming up so you wont be around Korea for a while.”

“Yeah, had to leave. My dad was going on and on about how I should be at the show practice rather than in Korea. Funny thing is, he was so against me going into dancing rather than taking over the company, now he wants front row seats.” Jongin says with a light laugh, taking the space beside Baekhyun on the bed.

“That’s cute. Little Jongginie and Papa Kim bonding.” Baekhyun teases, gaining a jerk of an elbow to his gut. “I’m joking!” Baekhyun says in defeat as Jongin pinned him down to the bed, hovering over him in the most ual way possible.

“You know, if anyone came in right now, they’d think I was about to strip you of your clothes and make out with you in an intense manner.” Jongin says with a wiggle of an eyebrow, sending Baekhyun to even more hysterical laughter.

“Stop, my guts hurt.” He croaks out through his laughs, making Jongin feel triumphant.

From behind them, they heard a cough that silenced both of their laughter. They both turn their attention to the door, seeing Kris and Tao standing by the doorway. Kris is shaking his head disapprovingly and Tao looks like he was going to sob.

“It’s okay, Tao. They don’t know what they’re doing.” Kris says as he pats Tao’s back, trying to calm the younger. “You two should be ashamed. Shame. SHAME!” Kris shouts as if it was a spell, leaving the two to laugh even louder than before. 

 

 

 

wanted you guys to know how special you are to me ; - ; thank you for the comments for the welcome backs i'm sorry if i kept this amount of people waiting. I just thought maybe I shouldn't continue it like I didn't see it was another story I'd fill out but you guys make it seem so and I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much for keeping up with me and sorry for making you guys wait for forever. If you guys want something to happen in the next few chapters, please comment! I'd be really happy if you guys contributed to my poetic genius (i'm joking) so i'd appreciate all the suggestions and make BOT a story not only for myself but for you guys too <3 thank you and I'll update this more often now enjoyyoyooyyo