Day 4

하루 하루 (Day by Day)

 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

길을걷다너와우리마주친다해도
본척하고서그대로가던길가줘
자꾸만생각이떠오르면아마도
나도몰래그댈찾아갈지도몰라

[If we pass by each other on the street
Act like you didn't see me and go the way you were walking to
If you keep thinking about our past memories
I might go look for you secretly]


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

 

               

            I skipped classes. I can’t understand anything in class so it’s useless anyway. I saw a glimpse on Eun-hyuk’s face before I left.

 

            He looks like hell.

 

            “Don’t give yourself a hard time, Jae. Just spit it out and come with me.” I would’ve said, if only I didn’t hate him now. If only he’s still my best friend.

 

            Something vibrated on my pocket as I was on my way out of the room. My phone.

 

            I read the message on the screen.

 

 

From: Teukie

 

    Don’t skip your classes. Don’t ruin yourself at home again. We won’t clean up your mess.

 

 

            I smirked and started to type something in reply.

 

To: Teukie

 

    Just this once, let me skip my class. And I won’t be going home yet. I’ll take a walk around. Don’t worry, Umma.

 

 

            Sent.

 

            I sighed as I made my way on the familiar hall of the school, keeping my head down low to avoid any recognition.

 

            As I made my turn on another set of stairs, I saw a person I shouldn’t have seen.

 

            Jiyeon.

 

            She stared at me and I stared back. I want to hug her and tell her how much I love and miss her, but as I noticed her neck, without my gift, I lost all courage inside of me.

 

            She’s different now. She looks thinner and paler. Her expression is gloomy, too, and it made her look like she’s currently facing her doom. I want to pull her out with me, make her happy again, but I know I can’t.

 

            “Hae?” she called.

 

            I lift my head up and saw her standing right in front of me, reaching out her hand. I caught her hand in midair, meeting it halfway through me.

 

            I’m right. She’s skinnier. But still, she’s my Jiyeon and this hand that I’m holding right now is the hand I never wanted to let go of. She’s my girl.

 

            I’m about to pull her close, but she pulled back her hand in an instant. Her eyes aren’t on me. She’s gazing at something at my back. I followed her gaze, slightly tilting my head away from her, and found Eun-hyuk standing there with his arms crossed and eyes focused on Jiyeon.

 

            The urge of hitting him is resurfacing again. But I can’t do it now. Not in front of Jiyeon and, definitely, not on my best friend.

 

            I shook my head and stared back at Jiyeon. She’s looking at me now, too.

 

            “Be happy.” I whispered, looking intently at her eyes. I know it’s not from my heart, because, truthfully, I want her to be happy with me. Only with me.

 

            And I can’t be happy without her either.

 

            I walked past her, staring blankly ahead. I don’t even know where my feet are taking me now. My sight is blurry as my eyes are filled with tears. I sense people watching me, and I hear some cursing me, some shouted and some screamed. But I could care less. I’m lost in my own sorrowful world.

 

            “Be careful with whom you’re bumping your body with.” Said an unfamiliar voice. I ignored it and continued walking.

 

            “I’m talking to you!” the voice said again as a pair of hands pulled me back to face the unknown stranger.

 

            “Oh, we have a cry baby here.” They laughed, that’s when I remembered I am crying. “What’s the problem, baby boy?” he mocked.

 

            I pushed him away and shook my head. The next thing I know is that I’m being pushed to the ground, face down.

 

            “Stop!” a girl screamed.

 

            “Help! Police!” another person screeched.

 

            I can’t process anything that’s happening. I can’t feel anything, except this hard throbbing on my chest. I feel so helpless and my mind starts to scream out Jiyeon’s name.

 

            Another blow of force turned my body around. Now, my back is on the floor and I’m facing that man’s face again. My eyes are still blurry and I can’t see anything clearly. I am imagining Jiyeon’s face now. Staring at it as much as I can. Maybe I’m insane, but I don’t care.

 

            Jiyeon. She’s the first and last girl I’d ever love this way. She’ll be the only girl I’d love this much.

 

            Endless , endless blow and endless hits. I didn’t realize I was being beaten up until I felt this sticky fluid flowing from my lips. I tasted its rusty flavor on my tongue. I felt my consciousness slipping away as my sight went from blurry into darkness.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞