New Acquaintances

When the Autumn Leaves Fall

"He didn't even introduce himself." I nurtured sheepishly under my breath.

 

I went inside and after I few minutes, I hauled my luggage to the room I was assigned to. Since I wasn't staying here for long, I had already given the fee to the landlady. 

 

I opened the door and staggered inside. It was a simple room. A single bed at the far end of the room, and a neat table and chair at the left side of it. I locked the door and just literally slumped at the bed. It was a tiring day, indeed. I was asleep after a few seconds.

 

 

***

 

 

5:00am. I checked my cell phone for the time. It was still early, but I wasn't inclined to sleeping anymore. I turned to my side and just thought of what should I do from this day on.

 

I thought of work. About being an idol. I always imagined myself performing on stage. The feeling you get when you dance in front of many people. The lights when they are focused on you. 

 

I thought of Changsun. I really wondered what will my initial reaction be if I saw him. I know he is in Seoul right now, he is here somewhere. I've decided for myself that I will not find him deliberately. That if I find him, I'll find him. Will I be mad? Will I be glad? I don't know.

 

Shaking my head, I turned to my other side and sighed. I could feel my consciousness slipping again, as I gave in to sleep.

 

 

***

 

 

I faced the mirror beside the closet of my room, examining my reflection. I wore a gray hoodie over a red t-shirt, black jeans and red chucks. This should be enough.

 

 

*** 

 

 

I was standing in front of J.Tune Camp, the company I auditioned for. I nervously picked at the strings of my hoodie. "You can do this, Sanghyun." I encouraged myself in my head. I took a deep breath and went inside.

 

The interior looked amazing. It was all monochrome, from the walls to the furniture. It was all modern, and tasteful, I admit, as I examined an assymetrical ash-colored vase over the counter. There were also black-and-white portraits of Rain on the walls, each of them with different poses. I just gaped at them, amazed.

 

Walking towards the counter in front of me, I was greeted by the receptionist. I bowed to greet her back.

 

"Do you have an appointment sir?" The lady asked. She was looking down, vigorously writing something on a stenography notebook.

 

"I'm Park Sanghyun. I have an appointment with Rain today." I said, as confidently as possible. I want everyone here to have a good first impression on me.

 

She took a ledger from one of the drawers beside her and searched for my name there."Park... Park..." she muttered softly. "Ah. Park Sanghyun?" She asked, and I nodded in agreement. "You are to go to the practice room on the fourth floor. The president and the other members will meet you there in a while."

 

"Thank you very much." I said, bowing. Before I turned myself around, she smiled, saying, "Good luck, new trainee."

 

I smiled back and felt myself go red. I really do get embarrassed easily. I turned back and hurriedly went for the stairs.

 

Going up the stairs, I heard a faint sound coming from the upper floors. It was faint, but I heard it. Music. I followed it, going upstairs, like a cat following the red dot. I discovered that the sound came from the third floor, my destination. The third floor had two rooms on each side, one side was obviously a dance practice room, its walls laden with mirrors and steel bars to support yourself while stretching. No one was inside yet, and I knew that I had to wait.

 

The next room, I have deducted, was the music room. Music seemed to pour out of the slightly opened door, elegant as a waterfall. It was a piano that was playing. I knew the piece. It was Romance in G by Beethoven. It was supposedly a duet piece, a piano and a violin, but the person playing arranged it in a way that it did not even need a partner. It was magnificent. Slowly, drawn by the music, I crept towards the room.

 

I cautiously peeked in, half of my body already inside the music room. There were various instruments inside, and a grand piano was the center-piece of this cavernous room. A man was playing the piano, he was turned away from so I couldn't see his face. One look and I knew he was talented. The way his head swayed with the music, the way his fingers gingerly caressed the keys the piano like he was handling a baby, it was breathtaking.

 

He finished the piece, the last note lingering in the air and fading into the silence of the room. He must have sensed my presence for he called out, without turning around, "Byunghee, is that you?" He asked, his voice all too familiar to me.

 

"No." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear. He turned around and met his eyes with mine.

 

"Well this is a surprise." He said, those dark-circled eyes widened with mild surprise before a wide grin flashed on his face.

 

"Panda?" I asked, shell-shocked. 

 

Why was he here?

 

"That's Seungho-hyung for you." He said, making his way towards me with a glint in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter four ends here guys. Pretty boring eh? I just NEED to do this chapter because I need to show closure in Doongie, about the problem that has bugged him for years. Hope you enjoyed this. Fingers crossed. XD

 

And yes. SEUNGDOONG. Teehee. To answer some of the comments, yes, I wanted leader-hyung to have this kind of character because other fics portray him as a bad and dark and mysterious character who everyone he sees. Yes, they do that. And thus, happy Seungho! Haha.

 

Also, for the music reference, Romance in G isn't necessarily a duet. XD

 

God, I talk a lot in this section don't I? Nonetheless, thanks to all the subscribers and commenters! Much love from your author-nim! :3