Unexpected

When the Autumn Leaves Fall

After an hour of travelling, I finally got to my last bus trip to Seoul. There were a lot of people cramming outside he train station, hurrying to get to their respective buses. I looked around and saw bus number 10, which was a bus going for Seoul. It was pretty tiring to travel, I admitted, even though you are just sitting and waiting to arrive at your destination.

 

I walked towards the bus, got inside and started finding vacant seats. At the far left side of the bus, I saw a two-seater in which one was already occupied. I approached it and saw that it was a man who was seated there. He was wearing a black leather jacket, but I didn't see his face because he was slouched forward to the seat in front of him, his head supported by his arms. I stood near the seat, and lightly tapped him on the shoulder. No reaction. I tapped him again, a little bit harder this time. He grunted in his sleep.

 

I sighed. Maybe nobody was seated here, I assumed and took my seat next to the person next to me. I slumped at my seat and I remembered all the misfortunes that I had before reaching here. God, that was so embarrassing. Let's just say I had a little accident which involved the broken wheels of my bag, a Rottweiler dog and some missing teeth. I closed my eyes and shook my head, with the memory still fresh in my mind. I had a hard time carrying my bag, because it was much heavier without its wheels. It was such an inconvenience. 

 

It was a tiring day indeed, but I still had a long way to go. Propping myself in a comfortable position, I started to feel exhaustion kicking in. I yawned as my eyes started to droop low and felt the easy waves of sleep attacking my consciousness. I felt a little movement before I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

***

 

Ahh, so comfortable, I thought, snuggling at the warmth I was leaning to. I hugged my 'pillow' tighter as I waited for sleep to come again.

 

"Yah, kid." A stern voice said.

 

"Wait mom, five more minutes." I replied drowsily, hugging my 'pillow' more.

 

Then reality kicked in. I was NOT in bed. This was NOT my pillow. I jerked upright and opened my eyes, staring at the man, my 'pillow', who was beside me. Actually, he was a young man, a few years older than I was, I guessed. He was handsome, the only thing I noticed about him though was the massive dark circles under his eyes and there was something that I immediately thought of.

 

"Panda." I blurted out suddenly, surprising the young man beside me.

 

"You don't say that to someone who lent you his arm to sleep on" he said, smiling and pointing at his muscular arm. I blushed. I was not surprised at how many times I embarrass myself on a daily basis. But still, I could not get used to it.

 

"S-s-sorry." I felt myself blush even more when he laughed.

 

"Nah. I was just joking," he said pointedly. "Back from vacation, I guess?"

 

"Vacation? I'm moving to Seoul today. i came from a small town." I explained, rubbing my ears to release some heat.

 

"What?" Panda-sshi said, looking mildly surprised. "You don't look like someone who came from a small town."

 

"Can I take that as a compliment?" I said, feeling myself go red again. Panda-ssi laughed at what I said.

 

The bus slowed to a stop and an announcement informed us that we have already arrived in Seoul. People started moving around us, and I took that as a signal to stand up and pick up my broken bag. I staggered a bit with my bag, since it was heavy and I wasn't a very strong person. I tried to move sideways when I realized I lost my balance. I thought I was going to fall when strong hands held me by the shoulders, preventing my supposed embarrassment. I looked up and saw Panda-ssi, looking amused. I'm such a klutz, I swore to myself, feeling myself getting embarrassed for the nth time already.

 

"Don't tell me you can't carry that?" He said. Without waiting for an answer, he picked up my bag and started leaving the bus. I followed him immediately outside.

 

"Woah." I exclaimed. So this was Seoul. It was such a sight. Tall skyscrapers took over my field of vision. Men and women in all sorts of different clothing were walking by, looking busy. It really starked a contrast with the town that I grew up in. Life in Seoul seemed... complicated.

 

"Where will you live, kid?" Panda-ssi suddenly asked, interrupting my reverie. He was smiling at me for some reason, his eyes gleaming of something I can't put my finger on. I suddenly felt self-conscious. Maybe he thought that I was a bumpkin, seeing the city for the first time. Well, it ts my first-time to go to such a big city like Seoul.

 

"Umm," I searched my pockets for a piece of paper with an address on it, it was my temporary home until I get signed as a trainee. I gave Panda-ssi a scrunched-up orange post-it note that I got from my mom. 

 

"This is really close by, actually." He muttered to himself as he pulled me by the hand. His hands were cold. They say say people with cold hands are the nicest and warmest kind of people. I looked up at him(I was smaller than him by a head), and silently, I kind of agreed.

 

 

 

***

 

 

He let go of my hand as we arrived in front of the dormitory I would be staying in.

 

"Thank you so much." I said, bowing a few times. I kept my head down because I was really thankful, and really lucky to have found someone kind enough to show the way to some random stranger. You won't meet many people like that in this day and age.

 

I looked up and saw that his face was proximally near mine. He was looking at me straight in the eyes, again, with the same look he had when we first stepped out of the bus. He was so close. He put both of his hands on my shoulders and pulled me even closer. I blushed at his closeness. We were so close that our lips were almost touching. He looked at me as if he was inspecting me, his breath uneven, like mine. I could not look away because his stare was so intense, that it was like a magnet, making me want to look at his eyes even more.

 

He suddenly cupped his hand on my right cheek, and pulled my left ear towards his mouth.

 

"You're very cute." He whispered, his low voice, almost a rasp in its intensity. 

 

I pulled away, wide-eyed as he laughed. I didn't even know what to say because I was flustered too much.

 

"You sure are interesting." He said, approaching me and patting my shoulder. I flinched a little at his touch. "I'll see you again sometime." He gave me a salute as he walked away, leaving me standing on the front porch red-faced and speechless.

 

"What the hell was that?" I asked myself, touching my cheek. That hyung is weird.

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So is ends chapter three. Fluffy? Kekeke...

 

I'm so sorry by the way! One, for promising joondoong and giving something else instead. Can you guess the character?? I bet you know already who Panda man is. Kekeke... Second, for the late update! This was finished yesterday, but I was stupid enough to delete it, and I had to start all over again. *bows down*

 

What are your comments on this chapter guys? I'd like to hear it aince this is a very CRUCIAL chapter for me. Please?? :3

 

Thank you for subscribing and leaving the comments!! I'd love to reply to each one, but I don't want to seem like a overly-attached author-nim. Keke... But I'm thankful. I really am! 

 

I'll try and update soon. Huggies from mee!