Tension

When the Autumn Leaves Fall

I stared, wide-eyed, at the scene that unraveled in front of me. 

 

I just stood there, my feet wouldn't budge, as I saw G.O-hyung pressing his lips to Chansung-hyung's.

 

"See? There's your reaction." He said to Chansung, smirking at him.

 

I was snapped back to reality as I backed up against the wall, creeping backward slowly, as I prayed, just hoped that they wouldn't hear me. Once I was out of earshot, I ran, as fast as I could, the hallway seeming longer than it should be. I just felt myself running and running like there's no tomorrow.

 

It seemed like hours before I reached the kitchen. I was panting so hard that I clutched the edge of the table in front of me, trying to catch my breath. My head was spinning, not sure if it was because of the running or because of the scene that he discovered earlier.

 

They kissed.

 

They kissed.

 

They kissed.

 

They kissed.

 

Those words seemed to be on repeat inside of my head. The words seemed to have weight, because the more it was repeated, the heavier the feeling in my chest became. I squeezed my chest hard, unable to contain a prickling sensation that has never happened to me. Was I sick? 

 

Someone coughed. I blinked as I looked around the kitchen. I realized that I was not alone. Two pairs of eyes were looking at me with concerned expressions. It was Seungho and Mir.

 

Seungho was wearing an apron and the was seated directly opposite of me, with Mor sitting beside him.

 

"Why the hell were you running?" Seungho's eyebrow shot up with his question.

 

My mind went through a rundown of all the possible excuses that I could possibly give. I could not just say, 'G.O. and Chansung were kissing outside my room and I just freaked out and ran all the way here.' I tried to understand the situation they were in. There was only one possible explanation for that and I could not quite explain why thinking of it made the prickling in my chest intensify.

 

"Um.. I-I... saw a ghost." I said in impromptu. I realized it was a pretty good excuse and supplemented, "Yeah! A ghost! There was... um... a ghost in the bathroom...?" I sounded painfully unconvincing as I left my last word as a question, instead of a statement.

 

"A ghost, huh?" Seungho said, inconvinced, his eyebrow getting higher by the minute.

 

"I don't believe you." Mir suddenly said in a sing-song voice, making me jump. His eyes were narrowed his eyes at me, full of suspicion.

 

"I-" I began, cutting myself off as G.O. and Chansung came into view. 

 

Chansung's eyes met mine and I immediately looked away.

 

"What's happening?" G.O. said as he looked around the kitchen, from my distraught appearance to Seungho and Mir's suspicious looks at me.

 

"I saw a ghost in the bathroom." I said quickly. All of them looked at me, their gazes heavy as I felt myself melting from the pressure I was getting.

 

"Well, I asked Doongie to call you both here for dinner and he came back panting saying he saw a ghost." Seungho informed the pair.

 

"We weren't called. We came here by ourselves." Chansung said, confused. His expression suddenly changed from confused to something else. He just gaped at me wide-eyed as he quickly turned his head to G.O. and mouthed "Hyung!" He seemed quite mad at something and I just know that he knew that I knew what happened between them. I nervously gulped as I avoided looking at them, my breathing at an irregular pattern due to severe nervousness. 

 

"We were just talking earlier. Sorry we came in late." G.O. said with a smile. "Let's eat?" He continued, sitting beside Mir. His head was turned back to me but I saw him whisper something to Mir as he was sitting.

 

I quietly followed suit, sitting beside Seungho, and Chansung sat beside me.

 

Dinner was a quiet affair. Chansung-hyung was looking at me all the time, in between spoonfuls of his food. I avoided his gaze no matter what, but I felt still felt it against the back of my head.

 

Finishing what was left on my plate, I stood up and put the plates on the sink.

 

"I'll be going first. Thank you for the food." I said, excusing myself.

 

I started walking to the room as I heard footsteps behind me. I knew exactly who it was. I was half-running now, not looking to see who it was. My heart rate quickened when I heard the footsteps behind me were matching my pace. I breathed a sigh of relief as the bedroom door neared.

 

I turned the knob and pushed the door, but before I could close it shut, a hand blocked the door. I pushed the door with all the strength I could muster but I found it no use, Chansung-hyung was so much stronger than I was. He forced himself in and held me by the wrist, my back hitting against the back of the door, closing it shut, the sound ringing in my ears.

 

He had me pinned against the wall, his body dangerously close to mine as he held me by the wrists, and his breath, hot against my face. His was looking at me with intense eyes, pupils large because of the dim light in our room.

 

I struggled, trying to free myself from his vice-like grip, but to no success. I squeezed my eyes shut, turning my head to the side, my heart pounding wildly against my chest.

 

"What did you see?" He asked, his voice was deadly quiet.

 

"N-n-nothing! Nothing at all!" I tried to lie, but he gripped my wrists harder, bringing his face to my ears. 

 

"Why were you running, then?" He whispered to my ear, feeling his hot breath against me. 

 

His neck was in front of me and I gulped, looking at the smoothness of his skin there. I was close to his neck enough that I could smell him. His manly scent was intoxicating: he smelled of soap and sweat and something else I couldn't quite pinpoint. I took a breath, inhaling the intoxicating scent, making my head light and dizzy. I remembered when we were hugging a while ago. I did not notice his smell like I did now.

 

"Why?" He growled, snapping me back to reality.

 

Blood came rushing to my face when I realized what I just did. Why did I do that? My heart pounded even more as I tried not to smell him. I needed to get away from him.

 

"I saw you..." I started saying.

 

"You saw me what?" He asked me, his stare softening.

 

"Kissing G.O." i said resignedly.

 

"Aish." He said, letting go of my wrists and doing a face-palm. I breathed a sigh of relief, finally getting space between us. He sat on the edge of his bed. I sat on mine, following his actions.

 

"I won't tell anyone, I promise!" I cried out. 

 

"Tell what?"

 

"That you and G.O.-hyung have..." i struggled finding the right words in order to not sound offensive. " a special relationship?"

 

"I mean, I don't care if you're gay. I think people should really love whoever they want to and they deserve no kind of prejudice whatsoever and in the curre t society today I think the-" i started saying in one breath trying to explain that it was okay and he wont tell a soul and at the same time ignoring the painful sensation in his chest. 

 

I was cut off by the older, "Wait! Just calm down and shut up, okay Sanghyun?" 

 

I stopped abruptly and looked at him and I just nodded in assent.

 

"First of all, we aren't in that kind of a relationship." 

 

"Then why-"

 

I got cut off again by the older, "Second, I do not like him. He kissed me to piss me off." He said, wearing a scornful expression.

 

Silence was between us grew.

 

"Besides, I already like someone else." He suddenly blurted out, looking as if he was cursing himself for saying it.

 

I looked up at him, with curious eyes. I decided to drop the topic because it was something he was hiding again. I already swore that I wouldn't push him too far when it came to the things he was hiding from us. I would understand, I promised myself. It was already enough that we are in each other's lives once again.

 

"I'm sorry." He said.

 

"It's all right." I replied, smiling at him with tenderness. I knew he was, for a lot of things.

 

"I'm sorry for scaring you." He apologized again.

 

In my mind, I knew the feeling I got when he cornered me was anything but frightened. I flushed as I remembered the way I looked at his neck, the way I smelled him. I remember it clearly. It confused me why I felt like that and thinking my reason behind it scared me, pushing the thoughts away from my mind.

 

"I'm sorry, too." I finally said, "I'll go get ready for bed." I stated, standing up and leaving the room with a very confused hyung still sitting oh his bed.

 

 


 

 

 

The chapter, I mean, chapter 13 ends heeereee! Did you feel it? ;)

 

Damned writer's block, I couldn't write these past few days and I'm sorry if this turned out to be less than you expected it to be. D: 

 

But nonetheless, please try to enjoy. :)

 

On other news, rank two most commented on the joondoong tag!!! We've done it guys! I love you guys so much!

 

ALSO: CAN YOU GUYS MAKE FANART THIS FIC?!?! I'm really jealous of the other fics who have art every chapter. I'm writing on a tablet so no way I could edit one. pleeeaseeee???? XD

 

Stay. Tuneeeed. ;) Next chapter will be a surprise, I think. I'm still thinking about it. :D