Resurfaced

When the Autumn Leaves Fall

"I thought you didn't like roomates, Seungho?" G.O.asked him, his expression still shocked.

 

'I changed my mind, of course." Seungho replied nonchalantly, averting his gaze from us.

 

My mouth is just wide open right now, shocked at how things came to this.

 

"Do we share rooms in the dorm?" I asked.

 

"Yeah. Three rooms. Two beds each. Mir and I share while Joon and Seungho took one each. This guy," G.O. said, pointing an accusing finger at Seungho, "said he doesn't want to share rooms with anybody. Apparantly, he isn't very consistent with what he says, right? RIGHT?!" he asked/threatened me. I automatically nodded, I didn't want to be the receiving end of G.O.-hyung's temper.

 

"Yah. I'm the leader here so I decide where he will stay!" Seungho shouted at G.O.

 

"Why not stay in mine?" Changsun said quietly, his voice cutting through the conversation with deadly conviction.

 

"I don't want to. You're room is dirty." Seungho said.

 

"Aish. Stop being so childish Seungho!" G.O. said, exasperated.

 

" Why don't we ask Doongie, guys? Mir finally spoke, his voice bright and excited. All of them looked at me now. I somewhat pressured at their stares.

 

My hands were back at my hoodie strings. "Umm," I started saying. " I think I want to share rooms with Changsun-hyung, as we knew each other more." I exp alined, biting my lip. 

 

Changsun smiled at me widely when I said that. I stared at him, distracted. He still had that smile. I smiled back at him, my cheeks burning slightly.

 

Seungho bursted out in anger. "You will listen to me Lee Changsun, you will not-" 

 

Changsun grabbed my hand and led me towards the stairs. "Run!" He said, and we both did.

 

 

***

 

 

I had my hands on my knees, as I panted hard. We were someplace outside the company. It was a park, and lots of children we're playing around. I turned around and saw Changsun standing. He was barely out of breath.

 

"You okay? " he asked me. "That Yang Seungho turned crazy! Crazy, I tell you!" He exclaimed incredulously.

 

"Let's... sit down... first." I said through each breath. 

 

We took a seat at a bench. I exhaled in relief as I got to rest my aching legs. I was not used to exercising. I dance, yes, but not enough to make me fit.

 

We went quiet for a while. 

 

"Why did you leave?" I suddenly asked him. I was looking down. I didn't want to look at him as he answered.

 

There was silence. "It was something personal." He finally said.

 

"Something so personal that you left without telling your best friend?" I asked him, my voice, a deadly calm. I tried to control my temper, but I felt terrible inside. Anger. Sadness. Loneliness. Feeling betrayed. Abandoned. All of these feelings resurfaced as I did my best to hold back my tears.

 

"No. Look." He said, his voice desperate. "Look at me Sanghyunnie." He lifted my chin up to make me look at him. His eyes were pleading. I felt terrible to see him like that, but I wanted an explanation. I need answers. 

 

I slapped his hand away. I looked at him directly in the eyes. 

 

"Don't call me Sanghyunnie." I said, mustering all the control I have left.

 

"Please listen to me!" He said. "I didn't have the time to. I... I... I..." 

 

"YOU WHAT? TELL ME, DID YOU REALLY CONSIDER ME TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND? OR EVEN A FRIEND?" I screamed at him. I stood up, fighting back tears that were already there.

 

"Did you care about what I felt at that time at all?" I asked him quietly.

 

"I'm sorry, Sanghyun." He said, his voice shaking. He tried to hold my arm, but I yanked it away from me. He looked really hurt at what I did.

 

Somewhere inside me, I felt guilty for shouting at him. I clutched my chest. It was so painful. I didn't want to do this, but I HAD to.

 

I opened my mouth, expecting to shout again, but Changsun's phone started ringing.

 

"Hyung?" He said, trying to sound calm. He listened for a while, making affirmative sounds and finally ended the call.

 

"It was G.O.-hyung. We need to go back to the dorm." He told me. "Let's go. I have a car."

 

I had no choice but to follow him since I don't know where the dorm is. 

 

The car trip was deadly quiet. I was still angry at him. I didn't want to talk to him now. I just needed time to think.

 

***

 

The car finally stopped. I immediately stepped outside the car and stalked off to the dorm. Upon seeing the house, three men stood in front of the gates. Changsun was right behind me and said, "What're you doing guys? Don't you want to get inside?"

 

They didn't even turn around. They were just staring inside, their eyes wide. Mir just pointed at something I couldn't see.

 

I pushed Seungho and G.O. aside and took a look at the door, Changsun right behind me. It wasn't a something. It was a someone.

 

"SANGHYUNNIEEE~" that someone said, running toward me.

 

"NOONA!?" 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

SURPRISE, SURPRISE. CHAPTER NINE ENDED WITH A BANG. TEEHEE.

 

I feel bad for Changsun though. He can't tell him he loves Doongie. Yet. :(

 

On a shameless note, I will be writing another fic. It will be KyuHae this time. I hope you guys will read it if you have the time. :3

 

Eternally grateful for the comments and subbies! Hugs. :333