The Jung... Carbonara Prince and Princess?

Nanny... Be My Mommy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 2012

He let Shin Hye rest her head on his shoulder. Maybe because of the news and stress with work she fell asleep. After almost an hour Shin Hye awake when Jung Shin moved his shoulder as it was already feeling numb.

Shin Hye: (Open her eyes slowly) Did I fall asleep again on your shoulder?

Jung Shin: (Smiling though his body numb) You are not Shin Hye if you won’t fall asleep on my shoulder.

Shin Hye: Mwo?! (She pouts) You don’t like it anymore when I rest my head on your shoulder?

Jung Shin: Ani! I told you I would never get of tired of it. I will feel sad if you won’t do that.

Shin Hye: (Smile) Gomawo Jung Shin.

Jung Shin: Anything for you Shin Hye.

Shin Hye: Omo! What time is it?

Jung Shin: Don’t worry Shin Hye. It is only five o’clock. Your shift only starts at six, right?

Shin Hye; Deh. But I need to talk to my manager.

Jung Shin: Wae-yo?

Shin Hye: Ah…

Jung Shin: Is there something that you are hiding from me?

Shin Hye: Aniyo. I just need to discuss with him my schedule. That’s all.

Jung Shin: Are you sure?

Shin Hye: Deh!

Jung Shin: Ok I believe you. Let me accompany you to the coffee shop.

Shin Hye: No need Jung Shin. I can just go by myself. I know you still have other things to do.

Jung Shin: But…

Shin Hye: No more but… you’ve already helped me a lot. (She stands up) I’ll just see you again (She kissed him on the cheek)

Jung Shin: Ara! I’ll see you later at the coffee shop. Make sure to brew the best coffee for me.

Shin Hye: Yes sir! (Wave her hand) Bye!

Anyone who would see them would think that they are not just friends but more of lovers. But they are not. They feel comfortable with each other but nothing more than that.

When Shin Hye reached the coffee shop she immediately looked for the person she want to talk to regarding her shift. She went to the manager’s office.

Krystal: Shin Hye Eonni!

Shin Hye: Ms. Jung, I’m sorry I thought Mr. Kang is here.

Krystal: Ms. Jung? Eonni, haven’t I told you to call me Krystal only?

Shin Hye: But you are one of my bosses here?

Krystal: And I’m your friend too.

Shin Hye: But…

Krystal: (She smirked) Ara! Since I am your boss I am telling you to call me Krystal. Understood?

Shin Hye: (She smile) I knew I couldn’t win over you. Ara, Krystal.

Krystal: Kekeke. So Eonni, why are you looking for Min Hyuk?

Shin Hye: I just need to ask him regarding my shift?

Krystal: Why? Did he ask you to extend? I told him not to let you over work.

Shin Hye: Ani. Actually I want to ask him to extend my shift.

Krystal: Mwo? Wae-yo?

Shin Hye: Well…

Krystal: What is it Eonni? We are friends remember? You can tell me.

Shin Hye: I need to earn extra money. I just met the Dean of our department and he told me that I am no longer a scholar of the school.

Krystal: Mwo?! How can they do that? What happened?

Shin Hye: It’s my fault. I was too busy with work that I forgot to submit one report.

Krystal: You want me to help you? I can ask the professor to reconsider your case. I can ask him to give you a chance to submit your report again.

Shin Hye: No need Krystal. I don’t think I will have time to do it. And I don’t want other students to think that I received special treatment.

Krystal: Ok. But if you extend your time, I don’t think you can enroll this school year.

Shin Hye: I know. I am planning to stop school first. I’ll save money for the rest of the year. Anyway I will be forth year already.

Krystal: Eonni, you’ve been delaying your school for how many years already. Why don’t you inform your parents?

Shin Hye: I don’t want them to worry about me. Our business in Busan is just starting and that’s the only source of income of my family.

Krystal: I understand Eonni. Don’t worry, I’ll ask Appa if they have any vacancies for undergraduate students like you.

Shin Hye: Gomawo Krystal-ah.

Then Krystal’s phone rings.

Krystal: Mwo?! But we will be having a special dinner tonight. Can’t you find a replacement for her? (The other person on the line answer) Ok, I’ll be there now. Bye.

Shin Hye: What’s wrong?

Krystal: You know Chef Kim right? The chef who specialized in pasta is sick. They don’t know when she can go back to work. But we have a special dinner tonight. Every year we make sure that we have Carbonara.

Shin Hye: What’s with Carbonara?

Krystal: Carbonara is my Oppa and his daughter’s favorite food. When we have dinner here, Umma made sure that we have that. Now, where in Seoul can I find someone who can cook pasta that they will like?

Shin Hye: How about the other chef? I know Chef Jang is a good one.

Krystal: He is but not with Carbonara. Do you know that all our chef have tried to prepare pasta for them and only Chef Kim got the approval from my Oppa and niece.

Shin Hye: Mwo? Are they that choosy?

Krystal: You can say that Eonni. My mom tried too but failed.

Shin Hye: Maybe it’s his wife recipe? 

Krystal: Wife?! First, his wife died already and second, she doesn’t know how to cook.

Shin Hye: Oh. I’m sorry to hear that.

Krystal: There’s nothing to be sorry for that.

Shin Hye: Krystal?

Krystal: Sorry Eonni. I just don’t really like her. I know she died already but there’s something I can’t forgive her.

Shin Hye: She died already. You should forget about it.

Krystal: Not until my Oppa knows the truth.

Shin Hye: Truth?

Krystal: Don’t mind that Eonni. For now I need to look for someone who know how to cook carbonara.

Shin Hye: Krystal, I know someone but I’m not sure if it will pass your Oppa and niece’s taste.

Krystal: Who?

The whole family of Jung was all present for dinner at KryMin’s Haven Restaurant. It is a very special dinner as someone they’ve missed for a long time is back.

Mr. Jung (Woo Sung): I’m so happy that finally our family is complete again.

Mrs. Jung (Ye Jin): I’m glad you decided to come back.

Yunho: Appa, Umma. I’m sorry for leaving. (To Yong Hwa) Yong, sorry for leaving you at the most crucial time of your life.

Yong Hwa: Hyung, I know you have your rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter