Shin Hye's Team... Team YongShin or Team JongHye?

Nanny... Be My Mommy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 2013

It was almost three in the morning when the New Year celebration at the Jung’s mansion ended.

Mr. and Mrs. Lee left with Jong Hyun. Instead of going back to his own place, Jong Hyun decided to just spend the first night of the year with his parents.

Mr. Jung invited Shin Hye’s parents and grandparents to stay with them. But Jung Shin said he wanted to spend time with his real family whom he wasn’t able to be with in the past years. They didn’t ask Shin Hye to come with them as they know she needs to take good care of So Won first. She will just meet them the next day.

Min Hyuk, who is in charged with the food, already went to the guest room and sleep. He is already considered as part of their family. He always spends special occasions with the Jungs for five years now. When his grandmother passed away five years ago, the Jung’s invited him to joined them in all the special occasions. They know that he may always look happy outside but deep inside he feel sad being alone.

Shin Hye is inside So Won’s room singing her lullaby. When she saw that So Won’s already asleep she went out her room so she can also changed and rest.

She was about to enter her room when she saw Yong Hwa walking from the stairs. He smiled at her.

Yong Hwa: Is she sleeping already?

Shin Hye: Deh.

Yong Hwa: You must be really tired too. You should rest now.

Shin Hye: Ah deh… (She smile and bow her head) Goodnight.

Yong Hwa: Goodnight.

They both went inside their respective rooms to change and rest. But both can’t seem to sleep.

Shin Hye was on her way out her room to get some milk when she saw Yong Hwa also going out of his room.

Yong Hwa: You can’t sleep?

Shin Hye: Deh. You can’t sleep also?

Yong Hwa: (He nods) Hmmm…

Shin Hye: I’ll go down stairs to get some milk you want some?

Yong Hwa: Does it help?

Shin Hye: That’s what I do when I can’t sleep. (She smile)

Yong Hwa: I’m more of a coffee person but I don’t think it’s good to have one now. So, I guess trying milk won’t do any harm. Gaja!

Shin Hye: Eh?

Yong Hwa: I thought you are going to get milk?

Shin Hye: Deh.

Yong Hwa: Then let’s go downstairs and get some milk. (He smiled and holds Shin Hye’s hand)

Shin Hye’s POV: Omo! Why is he holding my hands again?

Yong Hwa’s POV: I won’t let you go again.

They went to the kitchen. Shin Hye pour fresh milk into two glasses. She gave one to Yong Hwa.

Shin Hye: I hope that would help you fall asleep.

Yong Hwa: Gomawo. (He took the glass of milk) Since, you share with me what you do when you can’t sleep… Do you want to know what’s mine? (He smile mischievously)

Shin Hye: Ah…

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah, don’t worry I don’t do anything that would harm myself or other people.

Shin Hye: I didn’t say anything like that.

Yong Hwa: Really? But your eyes are saying it.

Shin Hye: Is it? (She check at her face using the glass of milk as her mirror)

Yong Hwa: (He laughed) I’m just teasing you Shin Hye.

Shin Hye: Mwo?! (She hit his arm)

Yong Hwa: (He looked at her in shocked. Put the glass of milk at the counter and hold his arm that Shin Hye hit) You hit me?

Shin Hye: (Felt embarrassed realizing what she had done. She put her milk at the counter and caressed his arm to ease the pain) Mianhe, I didn’t… (She noticed he is smiling) Yah! (She hit his arm again) Are you…

Shin Hye wasn’t able to continue what she was about to say as she was caught off guard by Yong Hwa. He caught both her wrists. He looked straight into her eyes and lean closer to her. Only few inches apart and he looked like his going to kiss her.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah… (He looked at her lips)

Shin Hye’s POV: Omo! What is happening?

Yong Hwa: (He released her hold from her wrists and pinched her cheek) You really look cute when you act relax in front of me. (He smile)

Shin Hye: Mwo?!

Yong Hwa: You’ve been staying with us for months now and though you speak to me informal, I can still see the way you act in front of me is not like what you are with Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun.

Shin Hye: Really?!

Yong Hwa: Deh! So, I hope we can be more of friends than an employer-employee relationship. (He offered his hand for a handshake) Can we?

Shin Hye: (She smile and accept the handshake) Of course!

Yong Hwa: Since, you agree. Gaja! (He took the two glasses of milk)

Shin Hye: Where are we going?

Yong Hwa: Follow me.

They went upstairs. They went inside the first room from the stairs, the music room. Shin Hye was surprised to see what’s inside the music. She knew it’s a music room but no idea what’s inside as she hasn’t enter the room.

Inside the room there's a piano, drum set, guitars and other equipment used for recording. At the side is a cabinet with books and CDs. There’s a couch on the other side. She noticed some papers and pens on top of the table at the centre.

Yong Hwa: (He lead Shin Hye to the couch) Gaja!

Shin Hye: I never thought that the music room is like this.

Yong Hwa: Wae-yo? What do you expect to see in a music room?

Shin Hye: I thought it’s just a simple music room. I didn’t expect it to be like…

Yong Hwa: Like a recording studio?

Shin Hye: Deh!

Yong Hwa: This place is where I release all what I feel. I’m not the type who love sports or go to the gym.

Shin Hye: Is it because of So Won?

Yong Hwa: Probably. At least with this, I can stay at home with So Won.

Shin Hye: Does she comes here too?

Yong Hwa: Deh. This is where she usually falls asleep. I sing lullaby for her here.

Shin Hye: No wonder she can’t sleep without listening to it.

Yong Hwa: You can say that. But now that you are here, I don’t have to do it. Thank you Shin Hye.

Shin Hye: You’re welcome. (She drinks her milk) Hmmm, Yong Hwa…

Yong Hwa: Hmmm…

Shin Hye: Can I ask you something?

Yong Hwa: Yeah sure.

Shin Hye: About the lullaby?

Yong Hwa: You mean the one that can make So Won sleep?

Shin Hye: Deh. I still can’t understand why I know that song.

Yong Hwa: Before I can’t too. Not until we found out the truth a while ago.

Shin Hye: About Yong Hye?

Yong Hwa: (He nods) I think you know that song by heart.

Shin Hye: What do you mean?

Yong Hwa: When we are still young and Yong Hye can’t sleep, I will sing that lullaby for her. Umma even said that time maybe I would be a great composer or musician.

Shin Hye: Why didn’t you pursue it?

Yong Hwa: After Yong Hye’s death, I decided to stop my love with music. I only started with it again after So Won is born. During her first months, she always cries. I think she’s looking for her mother. (He looked sad) But I can’t do anything that time. Like her, I’m also suffering from the death of Suzy. I wanted to comfort her but I myself need it.

Shin Hye felt the pain he is feeling. She sits closer to him and holds his hand. Yong Hwa smile.

Yong Hwa: Until one night… no matter what they do they can’t stop So Won from crying. I went inside So Won’s room. I saw her looking at me. She’s like telling me to carry her because she needs her father. At that moment I got her from Umma and carry her. After Suzy’s death, that’s the first I did that. While carrying her, I started to sing for her the lullaby I wrote for Yong Hye. Even before I could finish it she already fell asleep. From then on I make it a point to come home early so I can sing it for her.

Shin Hye: It must be hard for you to do that.

Yong Hwa: It was. My auditing firm was also just starting to boom that time. I have to balance my time with business and So Won. It didn’t help also that So Won doesn’t like the Nannies that we hired.

Shin Hye: You mean at that time she’s already like that with her previous Nannies.

Yong Hwa: It started when she e. We also don’t understand why she’s like that. That’s why when we saw that she likes you we already grab the chance to ask you as her Nanny. (Caress her hand) And I’m really very thankful that you agree to be her Nanny.

Shin Hye can feel something different with the way Yong Hwa caress her hands.

Shin Hye’s POV: What’s with this feeling? I don’t know but it reminds me of… Andwe! That’s already in the past. I shouldn’t think about it anymore.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah, gwaenchana?

Shin Hye: (To divert the situation, she yawned) I think I’m getting sleepy already.

Yong Hwa: (He let go of their hands and looked at his watch) I think we should be resting now. It’s almost four already. You still need to meet your family tomorrow right?

Shin Hye: Deh. But who will look after So Won.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah, don’t worry about her. I don’t have work tomorrow. I think I should have a father-daughter time with So Won tomorrow.

Shin Hye: I’m sure she will love that.

Shin Hye smile and stand up ready to leave the room when Yong Hwa suddenly holds her wrist.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye…

Shin Hye: Yong Hwa…

Yong Hwa: (Stands up and face her) Happy New Year. I’m really happy that you are here with us now. (He kissed her cheek)

Shin Hye was surprised with what he did. She just looked at him.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah… I thought you were going to sleep already.

Shin Hye: Ah… Deh! I’m going now.

She immediately run out of the room with her face all red.

Yong Hwa: I may not know now what you feel for me but seeing you react like that at least I know I have some effect on you. (He smiled and rested his head on the couch)

When Shin Hye reached her room, her face is still all red and her heart is beating so fast.

Shin Hye: What is this feeling? Why do I always feel like this whenever we have contact? This is not right. He is my employer.

She went to her bed and tried to sleep. But she can’t. If it’s hard for her to sleep before talking to Yong Hwa, now is even worse.

Shin Hye: Aissh!!!

The next day, with only two hours of sleep Shin Hye went to Jung Shin’s place to spend her New Year with her family. Yong Hwa on the other hand just like what he told Shin Hye spends the day with So Won.

After the incident that night, the kiss on the cheek, Shin Hye though she tries to act normal in front of Yong Hwa can’t still get out of her mind that moment.

Shin Hye’s POV: Why can’t I forget that? Is it only me who think that there’s something more with that kiss? He doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter