Chapter 8"Listen"

Almost Lover
The bell ranged, signaling that school was over. After staying still for awhile, Himchan looked down at Nicole to see her sleeping on his shoulder. With all that crying, she must have been tired. He let out a small smile and nudged her right cheek lightly, causing her to move a bit as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Omo." Nicole rubbed her eyes and looked at Himchan, "What happened?"

"Lets go." He smiled at her, "Schools already over."

 

* * *
 

By the time they walked out of the school gates, Nicole felt everyone staring at her with shock. They must have seen the scar on her left cheek to start talking so lowly of her.

"No wonder she wore that mask of hers."

"She looks better with that mask on."

"Why is Himchan Oppa hanging out with her?"

"She better stay away from him or else."

The comments made her feel uncomfortable. She had her head hung low, feeling ashamed of herself. She couldn't make eye contact with anyone. Himchan let out a sigh and without thinking he intertwined his hand with hers. Everyone gasped in shock as Nicole lifted her head up to face Himchan with wide eyes.

"Don't mind them." He said as he smiled at her and continued walking.

Nicole felt her cheeks burning as they walked away from everyone. What was Himchan trying to do?

"H-Himchan-ah." She stuttered a bit shy.

"Ah," He smiled shyly and pulled his hand away from hers since they were far away from them now, "I'm sorry, I just wanted them to stop saying those things about you."

"A-Ani." She gave him a small smile, "It's okay."

The wind press against their pale cheeks. Nicole felt her wounds slowly open, hurting her a bit. She closed her eyes and almost fell to the cold cemented ground, but luckily Himchan caught her just in time. She slowly opened her eyes again to feel the pain kicking in. Her body felt weak all of a sudden.

"Nicole." Himchan said with a concerned voice, "Gwenchana?"

"Ani," She slowly pulled away from him and brought her left hand to touch her head, "I-I'm okay." But, her body told a different story. She almost fell to the ground, but he caught her once again.

He let out a sigh and looked at her who's face suddenly turned pale.

"Nicole, let me carry you home." He offered.

"Ani, I'll be-"

"Ani, it's okay." He gave her a small smile as she looked up at him, "You don't mind carrying two backpacks, right?" He let out a small grin as she let out a small smile.

"Ani."

With that, he took off his backpack as she carried it along with hers. He got down on his knees as she hesitantly got on his back. She tightly wrapped her hands around his neck as he slowly got up.

"O-Oppa..."She let out a slow long breath and layed her head on his right shoulder, closing her eyes, "It's so cold."
 
"Mianhae..." He responded back, "I'll try to get to your house as soon as possible."
 
"Ani...I feel comfortable right now." She let out a small smile, "Take your time, arrasso?"
 
Hearing that from Nicole made Himchan's heart beat increase 2,000 times faster. He didn't know how to respond or what to say to that. Can she feel how fast his heart beat was beating? If she did, would she have known that he liked her?
 
"N-Ne." He stuttered.
 
 
* * *
 
 
"Daehyun hyung." JongUp said to the older boy, "Where's noona and Himchan hyung? Did you see them after class at all?" 
 
The boys were over Daehyun's house again just for the heck of it. They had nothing better to do anyways, so why not just hang out.
 
"Ani." Daehyun responded.
 
"He went to the rooftop I think." YongGuk popped into the conversation.
 
"Yeah, he just left without saying anything." YoungJae added.


"Oh, okay." Zelo nodded.

-Ding Dong-

"Oh, that must be them!" Zelo excitedly ran towards the door and opened it to find Himchan standing there, carrying Nicole behind his back.

"Hyung, what happened?" JongUp asked from behind.

"Did you take her out to drink?" YongGuk asked a bit shocked, coming with the other boys.

"What?!" Daehyun yelled a bit surprised, "You took her-"

"Sh!" Himchan said, entering the house now, "She just fell asleep, don't get anything wrong."

 


* * *



Himchan slowly took their backpacks off of her back and layed her on her bed. You would have thought that she would have somehow woken up, but she didn't. She was a heavy sleeper. He smiled and pulled her blankets over her body.

"We'll leave you two alone for awhile." The boys whispered.

Without anymore words, they left.

"Nicole..." Himchan whispered her name, yet she didn't answer, "Jung Nicole." Since she was asleep, he took this time to confess to her. She wouldn't hear anything, so it wouldn't matter, right? Before he could say anything, he let out a sigh. Breathing calmly, he looked at her who was sleeping peacefully, so exhausted from everyone; the world. Who would have thought that just a minute ago she was crying her eyes out because of some guy? Just thinking about it mad him go mad. Those words that he knew pierced her heart deeply. He wanted to take away those words and wished that she didn't hear them. But, he knew he couldn't. What's been said has been said and he can't do anything about it.

 


-FlashBack-

 

Himchan looked at Nicole who was already looking a him. Just seeing her like this made his heart ache. He couldn't help, but blame himself for this. Thinking over and over again, if he could go back in time and stop the girls from hurting her he would without a doubt. 
 
"Komawo for yesterday."
 
"Ah, ani..." He hesintatly scratched the back of his head, "It was nothing. I'm sorry that I came a bit too-"
 
"Ani, I'm happy you came." She let out her eye smile and stood up.
 
"Where are you going?" The boys asked.
 
"Rooftop, it's too stuffy in here. I'll be back." With that, she left upstairs.

As Nicole got further and further away, Himchan couldn't stop but think if he should go after her or not. He didn't want to seem like he was following her around or anything. He just wanted to make sure that she was safe and that's when it hit him. What if that HyunYoung girl goes after her and does something to her. Just the thought of Nicole being hurt again made him worry.

"Hyung." Zelo nudged the older boys shoulder, making Himchan come back to life again.

"Huh?" He asked a bit lost.

"Gwenchana?" The boys asked.

"I'll go check up on Nicole." Himchan quickly stood up and ran up the stairs. He ran as fast as he could before it was too late again. But, hearing a males voice from the outside of the rooftop made his hands stop at the doorknob. He recognized that it was HyeongKon's voice. He hesitantly took his hands away from the doorknob and listened to what they were saying.


"HyeongKon-"
 
"No." He took a couple steps back, "Don't come any closer, please."
 
"Let me explain-"
 
"No!" He yelled back, running away from her now.
 
"HyeongKon-ah!" She ran after him, wrapping her hands around his wrist.
 
"Stop!" He pushed her away, having her fall onto the hard gray cemented ground, "Don't follow me...you...you crazy monster." With that, he left Nicole on the ground.

Himchan's eyes grew wide at his words. The door burst open. Before Himchan can do anything to HyeongKon he had already ran down the stairs.

 

-FlashBack Ends-


"You deserve so much better." Himchan finally spoke to the sleeping Nicole, "You’re pretty enough. You’re too beautiful to be getting hurt and crying because of that kind of guy. You’re too good for a guy like that. You need to be loved. A guy who’ll treat you better, he’s here right now." Without realizing it, he felt his tears blurring his vision, "I’ll help you escape from him. I’ll make those tears dry from your beautiful eyes. I really don’t understand you. If he makes you cry one more time, I don’t know what I'll do. But, I won’t hold back anymore. I’ll take you out from there, so let me be by your side. That guy still doesn’t know you. He can’t see the jewel inside of you, because he's too blind. I’ll make you happy, if you come to me." He didn't want to cry, but his eyes told a different story. One tear drop fell from his left eye as he hesitantly held onto her right hand that was hanging out from her blanket, "I’m broken, do you hear me, Nicole-ah? Because, I'm just a fool, hoping for the impossible to happen....I can't tell you how much I love you in person." He let out a small grin as more tears trickle down his cheeks, "But, here it goes...I, Kim Himchan the pabo loves you, Jung Nicole." But, there was no response. She layed asleep, still soundlessly. It hurt a bit to not hear anything back, but what was he expecting anyways? He picked his backpack up from the ground and looked at her, "If one day you realize that I'm the one you've been looking for...I'll be waiting for you."
 


* * *



"Hyung, your leaving already?" Zelo asked, blinking multiple times.

"Ye." Himchan smiled at the younger boy as he shook every one of the boys hand, "See you guys tomorrow."

With that, he left home.

Himchan let out a heavy sigh and thought about what he said to Nicole earlier. Why is it so hard for him to just confess? Was he scared of rejection? Yes, yes he is. Not only that, but because he didn't want their relationship to become awkward if she didn't accept his feelings for her. Could he ever say that to her person? Not now, but maybe...maybe one day he'll finally get to tell her how he feels towards her.

"One day..." Himchan whispered to himself, "One day I'll be able to tell you...just not yet."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi, my fellow readers! It's been awhile since I updated. Well, it's because when it comes to this story I want to make the update as interesting as possible and that's hard for me to do since its HimCole, know what I'm saying? :( Anyways, I hope this chapter isn't as disappointing. If it is then I'm sorry! Aigoo, I felt like I rushed it a bit too quick. :'(( This isn't how the original chapter was suppose to go, but yeah.......Summer vacay has finally arrived though! Woohoo! So, I'll try to update ASAP, sounds good? (:

P.S. Comments will be really appreciated and loved by me, so please do drop down a couple of your opinions for me. &&& Komawo for subscribing to this story and for keeping up with me.