Chapter 9"Nothing More"

Almost Lover
"Nicole-ah!"

Nicole turned around to see HyeongKon running towards her with a smile. She smiled and turned around to face him properly.

"HyeongKon Oppa."

"I missed you!" He suddenly grabbed her by the waist and hugged her tightly.

Her eyes grew wide as she pushed him away. Her heart no longer beat as fast as it did whenever they had skin ship anymore. That boat has long gone.

"Nicole," He said a bit confused, "Gwenchana?"

"Ani." She pulled away from him and looked at him with an apologetic face, "My heart isn't with you anymore, HyeongKon-ah..."

"B-Bwoh?"

"My hearts somewhere else." She bowed her head towards him and walked away. Her tears began to blur her vision as she ran towards Himchan. But, where was he? She needed to tell him about her feelings before it was too late. It wasn't until she bumped into someone, causing her to fall down to the cold hard floor.

"Nicole-ah."

She looked up to see Himchan letting out his right hand as she politely accepted his hand.

"Himchan..."

He wiped away her tears as she looked at him with a bit of a sad face. She didn't know what to say. Her heart ached too much and just seeing him made it even more harder for her to say what she wanted to say.

"I have something I-"

"Oppa!"

They both turned around to see a beautiful brown haired girl coming towards them.

"Hey."

She came towards Himchan and hooked her arms together with his.

"Nicole, meet my girlfriend, Lee Hyeri."

"O-Oh...." Nicole said a bit shocked. When was all this? How come Himchan didn't tell her that he already had a girlfriend?

"I'll be back, I forgot your present." Hyeri laughed as Himchan smiled and nodded. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek and ran off.

"Himchan-ah..." Nicole looked at him a bit confused.

"Mianhae...." Himchan apologetically bowed his head towards her, "I just....you can't expect me to wait for you forever, right?"

Nicole suddenly sat up on her bed, drenched with sweat as she heavily panted. It's been months since she's been having the same dream over and over again. But, why is it that it's Himchan? Does she have feelings for him? No, it can't be. It's the dream that makes her feel weird around Himchan. Yes, that must be it. It has to be.

"I do not like my best friend." Nicole reminded herself like any other morning. It's already been months, so that meant that she was no longer wearing that mask of hers. After she recovered, everyone was treating her nice all of a sudden and more guys were interested in her than ever. But, of course she rejected all of them.

 

* * *
 

"I guess it is true." Nicole said to Daehyun on the way to school.

"What?"

"People treat you nicer when your prettier."

"Ah, so you finally admit that your pretty." The younger boy as Nicole shook her head 'no'.

"That's not what I meant."

"I know, I know."

"HyeongKon's been trying to talk to me again too." She let out a sigh as Daehyun's eyes grew wide.

"Ani, you can't fall for him again, noona. Are you? Please tell me your not."

"I'm not." Nicole answered, "I just...."

"Do you have anyone in mind?"

Right when Nicole heard that she thought of Himchan. She didn't know why, but he was the first person that popped in her head. Why? She didn't know why either.

"A-Ani."

 

* * *
 

"She's been ignoring me for the past few months." Himchan told YongGuk who nodded his head. They were both in the cafeteria alone at there usual table since no one was there yet.

"Did you do anything to her?"

"Ani, I don't think so."

"Aha!" YongGuk snapped his fingers and pointed at Himchan who's eyes widen in shock, "She likes you!"

"What?" The younger boy asked confused, "Why would you think that?"

"It's possible."

"You really think so?"

"You two look good together, so why not."

"Nicole."

Nicole turned around to see HyeongKon coming towards her. Daehyun let out an annoyed sigh and glared at him.

"I'll come later." Nicole told her younger brother.

"Noona."

"It's okay, I'll be fine." She gave him a smile as he let out a sigh and nodded his head.

"Be careful, okay."

Nicole nodded her head as Daehyun now walked away to his group of friends.

"Good morning." HyeongKon smiled at her who smiled back.

"What do you want?" She asked in the nicest way she could.

"Well, today's the last basketball game and I was wondering if you can come and watch me play." He hesitantly rubbed the back of his neck, "So, can-"

"I'll be there." Nicole interrupted him, having him look at her with wide eyes now.

"Jeongmal, jinja?" He asked excitedly as she laughed and nodded her head.

"Ne."

"Great, I'll see you there then." 
 
With that, he walked away. Usually Nicole's heart beat would increase 2,000 times faster whenever he came up and talked to her, but it didn't. Was her dream trying to tell her something? Was she finally over HyeongKon? What about Himchan? Did she like him? Just the thought of her best friend made her heart beat beat faster.
 
No, not again, she thought to herself as she pressed her lips together.
 
She didn't want to feel this way towards Himchan. She couldn't even if she wanted to. She doesn't like him and that's final. They're just best friends. They'll never be anything more than that, right?
 
 
* * *
 

The bell ranged and school was over. Nicole quickly grabbed for her things and walked out of the classroom before Himchan can say anything. She didn't know why, but her cheeks started to burn up as she thought of him going after her.

"Ni-" Himchan stopped himself when he realized that Nicole had already left. There she goes again. He couldn't take it anymore. Why was she ignoring him? He packed his things up and ran after her. Nicole went down the stairs without looking back even though he said her name multiple times.
 
"Nicole!" Himchan yelled, chasing her around the school.
 
Each time she felt him coming closer to her, she walked a bit faster. They went two more levels down the stairs, around the quad, passed the library and the school garden. Nicole still didn't know why she was walking away and ignoring Himchan. It must be because she's been dreaming about him lately that made it so awkward around him.
 
"Ya, hajima." Himchan said from behind, but that didn't stop Nicole from walking any faster away from him. He let out a frustrated sigh, not knowing what to do anymore. His eyes grew wide as a thought appeared in his mind. He stopped and went back the way they just came from and decided to meet her face to face that way.
 
"Ah, eottoke?" Nicole asked herself.
 
"Nicole."
 
She froze and slowly looked up at Himchan who was now in front of her. How did he get here in the first place?
 
"Why are you ignoring me?" He asked, but of course Nicole couldn't look him in the eyes. It was too awkward.
 
"I-I am." She let out a small laugh, "Why would you think that?"
 
"Well, because you've been running away from me for the past few months. You don't look me in the eyes anymore whenever I try to talk to you...like right now for an example. Did I do something wrong?"
 
"W-What?" She said awkwardly, "Of course you didn't do anything wrong."
 
"Do you hate me?"
 
"Himchan..."
 
"Do you hate me....Nicole-ah?"
 
Just hearing him say her name made her heart beat and ache all at once. Why now?
 
"I don't, H-Himchan-ah."
 
"Then look at me and say you don't hate me."
 
Nicole slowly looked up at him who was already looking at her.
 
"I, Jung Nicole don't hate you, Kim Himchan."
 
"Was that so hard?"
 
"I got to go."
 
But, before she could get away from him again, he stopped her by wrapping his left hand around her left wrist. He turned her around to face him once again. For a long time, the two just stared at each other. If they were a couple he would have leaned in and kissed her, but they weren't. Himchan swallowed hard and searched through her eyes. He didn't know if he should confess to her now or later. The school year was almost over and he had nothing to loose, except for HyeongKon who's been trying to win her back.
 
"I-"
 
"I really got to go." Nicole interrupted Himchan and lightly pulled away from him, "I promised HyeongKon I'll go watch him." She turned away from him and walked away.
 
Himchan thought about it for awhile. Is he never going to confess to Nicole ever and let her figure it out on her own. Nope, he didn't want to waste anymore time. Today's the day and he's going to confess to her no matter what.
 
"Jung Nicole!" He yelled after her, making her stop, "I can't guarantee that if you walk away I'll still be here when you decide to come back."
 
She slowly turned to Himchan and gave him her usual look.
 
"What are you talking about?" She asked a bit confused.
 
"What I'm trying to say is....I love you..."
 
"No!" Nicole yelled all of a sudden, surprising Himchan, "Hajima, Himchan-ah!" She brought both her hands up and ran it through her hair. She was frustrated and confused, "Stop with everything your doing, your driving me crazy." She bit her lower lip and felt her tears coming.
 
"Nicole." Himchan walked towards her and tried to hug her, but she pushed him away.
 
"I don't love you and never will love you. We'll never be anything more than best friends. You hear me?" She looked up at him to see his pained expression. Her heart began to ache, knowing that she just broke her best friends heart. But, isn't this the best for the both of them, "Sometimes, people are just meant to be best friends and nothing more. I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way towards you and never will." She turned away from him as her tears ran down her face, "I got to go." She turned around and started walking away once again.
 
"Jung Nicole."
 
She stopped walking when Himchan said her name again. His voice sounded so sad that it literally broke her heart. She didn't want to be the reason why he was heart broken. Why her? Nicole had so many questions to ask him, but she didn't want to ask him now. It just wasn't the right time.
 
"Perhaps, one day you'll realize that I'm the one you need. But, don't wait too long...because the day you finally realize that you want me in your life, maybe the day I've finally decided to give up on you."
 
Hearing those words hurt Nicole for some odd reason. She bit her lower lip as more tears trickle down her cheeks. She couldn't say anything, she felt as if she was somehow defeated by her own feelings. She finally came back to life and wiped away her tears. Without anymore words left to say, she sniffed and continued to walk away from Himchan.
 

And from there, Himchan realized that she had chosen HyeongKon at the end.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi, my fellow readers, subscribers & etc. OMG, the ending is coming soon & when I say soon, I mean really soon. Unfortunately chapter 10 is the ending. :( I know, isn't it sad! Aigoo, it's okay. I'll try to make the ending as happy as possible. As if right now, Nicole's confused about her feelings towards Himchan. She doesn't know if she actually likes him or not. Lets cross fingers that she does! LOLS, I don't know....Is this story a bit rushed? I feel like it's being rushed! /; *sighs* Oh, wells. We'll see who she really ends up with in the final chapter. I was too excited that I just had to update today. xD I might update tomorrow too, who knows. Anyways, I love you all very much! <333 ;) Goodnight, Good morning, Good afternoon wherever you all are at, hahaha. Which would you prefer though? HimCole or KonCole? Who knows, we'll just see how it ends. Once again, thank you so much! (:

P.S. Comments will be really appreciated and loved by me, so please do drop down a couple of your opinions for me. &&& Komawo for subscribing to this story and for keeping up with me.