Chapter 7"Out Of Place"

Almost Lover

The rain poured harder than before, but the thought of Nicole needing to be safe motivated Himchan to get to her house faster. More blood seeped through his white v-neck, but as if right now that didn't matter to him. He just wanted Nicole to be sheltered.

"H-Himchan-ah..." Nicole managed to say.

"You're hurt." He said out of breath, "Don't talk or else you'll feel the pain building up. Were almost home, hold on a bit more."

 


* * *



"Get that, please!" Daehyun yelled from the kitchen.

The B.A.P boys were over, just hanging out like it was a weekend, but it wasn't. It was a school day. They just wanted to stay over for a bit since Daehyun's house was the closest to school. Zelo ran towards the door and opened it to see who it was. Before he could greet Himchan properly, he had already ran inside. Blood and rain was dripping down his white v-neck shirt, getting it onto the wooden floor as he held Nicole close to his body.

"Daehyun!" Himchan yelled, "Help! I need help!"

"Gosh, what is-" Daehyun stopped himself when he saw Himchan fall onto both his knees. He couldn't see the bloody scar that was on Nicole's left cheek since it was faced towards Himchan's shirt, but he knew that she was hurt.

 


* * *
 


"Will she be okay?" JongUp asked as Daehyun slowly closed her door. All he did was nod as they all went downstairs. Himchan came out of the bathroom with a new shirt that Daehyun had given him to wear. He had told them about what happened when he went back to his classroom to get his book. It made Daehyun furious to think about how they could hurt her like that. What did Nicole ever do to them?

"Why was she up there anyways?" YongGuk asked a bit confused.

"The girls probably told her to." YoungJae suggested.

"That could be a possibility." Zelo popped into the conversation.

Himchan let out a sigh and sat next to Daehyun. He was happy that he got there on time before they could do anything else to Nicole, but at the same time he was sad that he came a bit too late. If only he had ran a bit faster, maybe...just maybe nothing would have happened to her.

"Wait!"

All the boys looked at YoungJae who yelled that out.

"What was the girls name again?" He asked more alarmed.

"It was....uhhh..." Himchan squinted his eyes and tried to remember her name, "Cho....Cho HyunYoung I think. I've seen her around school before."

YoungJae gasped in shock. He couldn't believe his ears. Although he knew why she did that to Nicole, the boys just looked at him weirdly.

"Why? What happened?" They all asked at the same time.

"Oh my gosh, you didn't hear?!" YoungJae asked, still shocked, "She's obsessed with you!"

"Bwoh?" Himchan asked a bit confused. Obsessed with him?

"Yeah, that's right!" Zelo said with a 'no wonder why her name sounds so familiar' tone.

"Oh, wait! She's-"

"Yes, hyung." YoungJae nodded his head, interrupting YongGuk.

"Ohhhhh, it's her." YongGuk finally understood what YoungJae was saying.

They all seemed to be on the same page except for Himchan, Daehyun and JongUp who was still confused. Who was she and why was she so important?

 
"She's the girl that's been following you around ever since middle school." Zelo got to the point as the three lost boys let out a 'ohhh' out from their mouths now.
 
"No wonder she looked so familiar." Himchan blurted out, "Wait, you don't think-"
 
"That she did that to Nicole noona, so she could get closer to you somehow." JongUp finished for the older boy.
 
"No, I remember her saying something like....me and Himchan Oppa are going to end up together no matter what happens." Daehyun looked at Himchan who's right eyebrow went up.
 
"When did you hear that?" YongGuk asked, wanting to know more.
 
"Last week."
 
"Oh gosh, you have a stalker hyung." JongUp said in a worried voice.
 
"This is what you get for being the player of the group!" YongGuk snapped, making them all a bit shocked.
 
"No, ever since he started liking Nicole noona...he stopped talking to other girls." YoungJae defended him.
 
"Oh my gosh, I just realized that." The rest of the boys said, looking at Himchan now.

"But, why would she like me? I never talked to her before." Himchan confusingly looked at them.

"Like people say, love can make people go crazy." Zelo said, nodding his head.
 
"Okay, okay enough about me!" Himchan said a bit annoyed now, "What about Nicole? Will she be okay?"
 
"Yes, don't worry. She probably just can't talk or eat for awhile because it'll hurt too much." Daehyun responded.
 
"I hope she'll be fine." Zelo pouted sadly, "They cut her face pretty deep and badly."
 
"It wasn't her face smart one." YoungJae flatly spoke, "It was just her left cheek."
 
"The cut was pretty big though." JongUp jumped into the conversation.
 
"It started at the left outer corner of and stopped under her left ear." YongGuk explained, "Gosh, I could already feel the pain just explaining it."
 
"It's okay, noona will be okay." Daehyun told all of them.
 
 
* * *
 
 
Nicole woke up the next day to feel her left cheek aching and stinging in pain. She slowly touched the scar on her left cheek and hissed. So, it wasn't a dream, she thought to herself. It still hurt, but at least it dried out while she was sleeping. She let out a sigh and got up for school. How was she going to go to school looking like this?
 
"Daehyun-ah...." Nicole walked out of her bedroom, already dressed up with her backpack on her back. It was even painful to just say his name. She needed something to cover up the scar she had on her face. What would HyeongKon do if he saw her like this?
 
"Oh, are you okay?" Daehyun asked as he walked out of his room, already dressed up also.
 
"Ye...." She bit her lower lip in shame, "Can I wear one of your chin mask?"
 
"Noona..."
 
She looked up to now find Daehyun slowly putting the white chin mask on her. It hurt a bit, but she bared with it.
 
"You're still very beautiful."
 
"Daehyun..."
 
"Don't forget that." He smiled at his older sister, "Let's go."
 
As Daehyun and Nicole both entered the school gates, gossips about Nicole wearing the mask was already talked about. Wherever she went, people were constantly talking about it. What was the big deal? It's not like she was the only one wearing it, Daehyun was too. Well, it was different with him since he was with B.A.P and they're the kingka of the school. Therefore, people didn't care if he wore a mask or not.
 
 
* * *
 
 
"Just ignore them, noona." Zelo whispered to Nicole at lunch.
 
All she did was nod and let out a sigh, "Oh, Himchan-ah..." For some reason when she said his name, it felt a bit better to talk. Was that even possible?
 
Himchan looked at Nicole who was already looking a him. Just seeing her like this made his heart ache. He couldn't help, but blame himself for this. Thinking over and over again, if he could go back in time and stop the girls from hurting her he would without a doubt. 
 
"Komawo for yesterday."
 
"Ah, ani..." He hesintatly scratched the back of his head, "It was nothing. I'm sorry that I came a bit too-"
 
"Ani, I'm happy you came." She let out her eye smile and stood up.
 
"Where are you going?" The boys asked.
 
"Rooftop, it's too stuffy in here. I'll be back." With that, she left upstairs.
 
Ignoring all the talks and gossips about her mask, Nicole managed to get to the rooftop safely. As she got up there, she went towards the front of the rooftop and spread her hands out as she felt the wind coming, making her close her eyes. It felt nice just having the wind press up against her face even though her mask was covering most of her. She slowly opened her eyes to find everything blurry. Insecurity washed over her. She couldn't help, but let other people's words ruin her thoughts. Those words, those words actually hurt as if someone was piercing a knife into her chest. 
 
"Nicole..."
 
She stopped thinking and came back to life. Blinking her eyes multiple times, her vision became clear again. Having both hands to her side now, she turned around to see HyeongKon standing there, just a couple of inches away from her. He gave her a smile, making her give him her eye smile. It felt nice to just finally see him.
 
"I'm sorry for not showing up yesterday." He apologized, "It's just....something urgent came up."
 
"It's okay."
 
"Nicole." He went up to her as she slowly walked towards him, "Why are you wearing a mask?"
 
A gush of strong wind suddenly brush passed her, causing her mask to fly away with it. Her eyes grew big as she quickly looked up at him who's eyes widened in shock. He just saw her scar. She felt so ashamed that she blocked her left cheek with left her hand. He just saw the reason why she wore her mask.
 
"HyeongKon-"
 
"No." He took a couple steps back, "Don't come any closer, please."
 
"Let me explain-"
 
"No!" He yelled back, running away from her now.
 
"HyeongKon-ah!" She ran after him, wrapping her hands around his wrist.
 
"Stop!" He pushed her away, having her fall onto the hard gray cemented ground, "Don't follow me...you...you crazy monster." With that, he left Nicole on the ground.
 
It hurt, it hurt more than anything in the world. No one's words were as painful as his. She began to quietly sob. The bell ranged, meaning that it was time to go 5th period. But, feeling so low she didn't feel like going anywhere. All she wanted to do was cry and cry until she couldn't anymore. That was how bad it affected her day. Out of all people, she thought that HyeongKon wouldn't mind. She thought that maybe he would be one of the few people that would accept her flaws no matter how bad or good it was. But, she was wrong. He wasn't those people. He was the many people that would turn their backs on her if she wasn't pretty or good enough. 
 
"Nicole-ah..."
 
She ignored whoever was calling her name and went to the corner of the rooftop. She wanted to be left alone. She wanted to run away from this place, from this awful place.
 
"It's okay."
 
She looked up to see Himchan sitting next to her. Her used to be best friend that she told everything to. What happened to their friendship? It became too awkward to even call it awkward. Just knowing that they weren't the same as before made her cry even more. She didn't want this. She wanted her old best friend back. She wanted to be his best friend again. Was it her fault that caused them to be like this? What did she do wrong? How did they become like this in the first place?
 

"Hajima, huh?" He hugged her as she sobbed into his chest. He knew she needed someone to comfort her right now. She needed someone to just hug her and stay by her side. Although, he knew it wasn't him she wanted to hug, there he stayed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi, my fellow readers! Oh, btw did I tell you that HyeongKon is going to be a total jerk in this story? LOLS, oh I didn't! Well, I'm sorry. The sad truth has been said. But, just because he's a jerk doesn't mean that Cole will stop liking him.....right? I don't know, we'll see how it ends. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if NOT then....I'm sorry. TTT___TTT But, omg summer vacay is coming soon! :D Kekeke, well this story is ending soon....I think around maybe chapter 10-11, I don't know somewhere around there so I hope you read and stay till the end. More HimCole interactions will come, so I hope you look forward to that. Okay, I'll just silently stop talking now.

P.S. Comments will be really appreciated and loved by me, so please do drop down a couple of your opinions for me. &&& Komawo for subscribing to this story and for keeping up with me.