Chapter 10"Best Of Luck"

Almost Lover
The sunlight slowly seeped through Himchan's window curtains. He didn't want to go to school, but he knew he had to get up either way. He exhaled deeply through his mouth and slowly opened his tired eyes. He still felt the sting of the pain from yesterday, but despite of his aching heart he still got up and dressed through the mess. As he looked at himself in the mirror while he fixed his white collared shirt, he managed to put a smile on his face. Himchan walked out of his house and began to walk to school with his headphones in both his ears, trying to ignore the hurt. But, just as the song popped up it made him think of Nicole. He listened to it for a bit, but he changed it. He was getting a little bit stronger, until he found Nicole walking towards his way. She stopped walking as he stopped walking also. Himchan came back to life and realized that he was already at school. He took off his headphones and looked at Nicole who looked at him as if she wanted to say something. But, nothing came out.
 
"Nicole-ah..."
 
"I....I want to talk to you. Is that-"
 
The bell ranged, telling students that first period had already started. She let out a sigh and walked away as Himchan went after her.
 
"Nicole." He turned her around to face him as he exhaled through his nose, "Rooftop during lunch." He gave her a small smile and left to class.
 
"Ani." She suddenly intertwined their hands together and headed to the rooftop. She didn't want to wait for that long. She needed to talk to him now.
 
"N-Nicole..." Himchan said a bit shocked, "We have to get to class."
 
But, that didn't stop Nicole. In seconds they were up on the rooftop. The wind blew pass them and it felt soothing. Himchan slowly let go of her hand as she looked at him.
 
"I-I'm sorry." She said with her head hung low now, "I'm sorry about yesterday."
 
"Look, Nicole." Himchan stated, "I'm done hoping that we can work it out. I'm done with you dragging my heart around and I'm done thinking you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay. Even on my weakest days, I'll get a little bit stronger."
 
"I lost my path yesterday...." She slowly looked at him who looked at her confusingly.
 
"What?"
 
"But, I found it again."
 
"Nicole..."
 
"I came back to realize that I made the biggest mistake of my life."
 
-FlashBack-

Hearing those words hurt Nicole for some odd reason. She bit her lower lip as more tears trickle down her cheeks. She couldn't say anything, she felt as if she was somehow defeated by her own feelings. She finally came back to life and wiped away her tears. Without anymore words left to say, she sniffed and continued to walk away from Himchan. She didn't want to face him right now.
 
"Nicole..."
 
She looked up to see a smiling HyeongKon coming towards her. But, that didn't make her smile like how it used to. Yes, she did like him at some point, but it wasn't there anymore. And then it hit her, she doesn't have the feelings she used to have for HyeongKon anymore. Her ignoring and walking away from Himchan made sense now. She liked him. She had fallen for her best friend.
 
"Nicole."
 
Nicole snapped out of her thoughts and looked at HyeongKon who looked at her worriedly.
 
"Gwenchana?"
 
"I'm sorry." Tears were already trickling down her cheeks without her knowing, "I got to be somewhere else." She was about to go, but HyeongKon pulled her back to face him, "Let me go."
 
"I have something to say."
 
"I don't have time for this right now." She tried to struggle away from him, but that only made his grip around both her wrists tighter.
 
"Jung Nicole."
 
"No, HyeongKon."
 
"I-"
 
"You want to be something more, don't you?" She looked at him with tearful eyes as he looked at her with a shocked expression.
 
"H-How did you-"
 
"If only you didn't turn away from me when I needed someone by my side, then yes my answer wouldn't have changed. But, you weren't."
 
"I'll change for you. I'll make it work."
 
Nicole shook her head no and finally pulled away from him, "It's never going to work between you and I. I can already see it. You'll grow tired of me, you'll cheat on me more than once while I say it's okay even though its not. Were from two different worlds. Your Mr. Popular while I'm just an ordinary girl trying to live life to the fullest. I already know that I won't be as happy as I think I'll be when I'm with you. I'll be the one trying while you don't care."
 
"Nicole..."
 
"I deserve someone who'll love me for me." She pressed her lips together, feeling more tears escape her eyes, "I'm so so sorry. But, we'll never work."
 
With that being said, she ran back to Himchan. But, by the time she got there he was no where to be found. All those harsh words she said towards him now made her feel guilty. She was in denial of her feelings for her best friend. Was it too late already? Nicole pulled out her phone and started calling, texting, leaving messages for Himchan, but he never picked up once. That made her heart ache all over again, causing her to fall onto the cold hard ground.
 
"I'm sorry...." She whispered to herself.
 
-FlashBack Ends-
 
"Nicole..."
 
"I'm not here to change your mind." Nicole gave Himchan a small smile although she didn't want to. She had to endure, because that's all she could do for now, "Because, you have already given up on me. I'm just here to confess my feelings for you. I don't expect an answer, a response or anything. I just want you to listen like how I did when you confessed to me while you thought I was sleeping."
 
His eyes grew wide at her sudden words. He couldn't say anything. She heard him confess?
 
"I didn't want to ruin the moment, I just wanted to listen...because, I knew if I was to wake up...you wouldn't have confessed it all out right?"
 
"Nicole."
 
"Ani, listen to me just this once." She looked at him sincerely, "I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I was blind. A few months ago it all started. I felt my heart get weak when you were around. I couldn't say a word, because you made me speechless. I didn't think we'd ever have a chance even if I tried. Then, I thought to myself....why am I feeling like this all of a sudden?"
 
Himchan slowly walked towards her as she looked down, realizing that she was already crying.
 
"Don't cry, because of me." He lifted up her chin and wiped away her tears, yet she ignored his eyes.
 
"Because, in my dream....you were with another girl and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't help, but think we would've been the perfect two. I want to give you the best of luck, but it's impossible when it hurts so much."
 
"Nicole..."
 
"Every morning, it gets harder when I have to wake up and tell myself that I'm not in love with my best friend. But, yesterday no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that I don't love you back, I realized that I was only hurting myself even more because I was lying to myself. I don't think I'll ever be okay if I was to see you in another girls embrace. I'll try hard to let you go, but there is more pain than you know. I'll smile in hopes that you won't see that the girl you have, I wish was me."
 
"Jung Nicole..."
 
"I did it for you." She now looked at him who was looking at her already, "I didn't want to make it awkward. I was scared to tell you. I didn't want to..."
 
"What? You didn't want to what?" He slowly leaned his forehead onto her forehead and looked her in the eyes, yet she looked back down at the ground.
 
"I once promised myself that I will never love again. The trust that is now broken again upon pain and comfort, I erased them. I began to get courage when I rested against your shoulder. My mind becomes comfortable. I wanted to stay like that forever. Maybe it'll be different this time. Maybe it'll be okay to trust you. Do you now understand my mind that wants the love you show towards me to never change? Without you...I realized that the long period of loneliness will repeat itself. Please don't ever change, Kim Himchan..." Saying his full name made her voice quiver. She wasn't expecting anything back. Like she said, just listening to her was enough, "I hope you don't become a painful memory to me like the man that have grazed me in the past..."
 
"Nicole."
 
"Thank you for listening." She pulled away from him and walked away. She felt embarrassed to have finally confessed her feelings to her best friend. She felt as if she was a mess. How could she face Himchan like how she used to anymore? But, before she could walk out of the rooftop, Himchan hugged her from behind, making her freeze where she was at.
 
"Don't leave me....." He said, burying his head into the back of her neck, "I don't want us to look back and regret not giving each other a chance. I don't want us to think of all the could haves and should haves, when we were given the chance to be together."
 
"Himchan..."
 
"Were both idiots if we don't try now. We'll look back and have nothing, but regrets."
 
"But, what if we don't work out? What happens then?"
 
He held onto her right wrist and turned her around to face him once again, "That's why we don't think about that."
 
"Himchan..."
 
"We don't know if we don't try, right?"
 
"I just..."
 
"I know....I'm as scared as you are. But, Nicole....we both share the same feelings for each other. If your scared I'm by your side every step of the way."
 
"I just....I don't want us to become strangers with memories."
 
"Then we don't have to be."
 
"You promise?"
 
"I promise."
 
"With all your heart?"
 
"With all my heart."
 
"You swear?"
 
"I swear."
 
"Is it okay to-"
 
"Yes, you can trust me now." Himchan smiled at her who let out a small grin.
 
*Ding Ding*
 
They backed away from each other due to the sudden sound of the bell. First period was already over and that meant that it was time to go to second period. They both let out a small laugh and walked out of the rooftop.
 
* * *
 
"Hyung, where'd you go this morning?" Zelo asked curiously.
 
The day went by fast. It was already lunch and the boys were at their usual table.
 
"Yeah, where'd you go?" YongGuk who had first period with Himchan asked since he knew Himchan would never skip class for no apparent reason. 
 
"Oh, about that." Himchan let out a smile as they all looked at him weirdly.
 
"Why are you smiling?" JongUp asked a bit freaked out.
 
"Did something happen between you and my noona?" Daehyun asked with his right eye brow up.
 
YoungJae gasped as the boys looked at him now, "Is that why Nicole didn't come to first period too?!"
 
The boys now gasped in shock as Himchan stayed quiet, not knowing what to say or how to tell them.
 
"Hey guys."
 
They all turned around to see Nicole walking towards their table with a smile too.
 
"Yep, they hooked up." The boys teased with smiles on their faces now.
 
"What?" Nicole asked as she took a seat next to Himchan like usual, "Is there something wrong?"
 
"We know you two are together now." YongGuk smiled as Nicole's eyes widen.
 
"Bwoh?" She confusingly said.
 
"You don't have to lie." Zelo smiled cheekily.
 
"Were not together." Nicole responded.
 
"What?!" The three other boys yelled in shock.
 
"I mean, yeah we like each other....but, he didn't ask me to be his girlfriend properly yet."
 
"Dude, ask her!"
 
"Ask her now!"
 
Himchan laughed and looked at Nicole who rolled her eyes and started smiling also.
 
"Nicole-ah..."
 
"Ani, don't do it because there telling you to do it." She said, smiling as if shes about to laugh, "Do it because you want to."
 
Himchan let out a shy smile and turned away from her.
 
"Awww, come on!" Daehyun yelled.
 
* * *
 
"Are you going to ask her now?" YongGuk whispered to Himchan as they all walked home from school now. 
 
Nicole was in front of them, laughing and talking with the other boys. The feeling that Himchan was feeling felt so unreal. Nicole liked him back and that was enough to make him happy all over again. He smiled and nodded his head.
 
"Just say yes noona." Zelo begged Nicole who just started laughing.
 
"We'll see what happens JungHong." She said, still laughing.
 
"Hey baby!"
 
Nicole and the boys turned around to face Himchan and YongGuk. Of course it was Himchan who said it. After all, he was the playboy in the group.
 
"You must be a light switch, cause every time I see you, you !"
 
Nicole's eyes widen in shock. The boys started laughing as YongGuk smiled and shook his head 'no', patting Himchan's right shoulder now.
 
"Bro, you lost it." The older boy said.
 
Nicole her dry lips and walked away from them. As if right now, she wasn't impressed with Himchan, not one bit.
 
"Go after her!" The boys yelled at Himchan who now went after Nicole.
 
"Nicole!" He turned her around as she looked at him with a straight face.
 
"I forgot....If I do give you a chance I'll be going out with a playboy." She flatly said.
 
Himchan let out his hand as Nicole looked at it, "Would you hold this for me while I go for a walk?"
 
"Kim Himchan, if your way of asking me out is to do a bunch of cheesy pick up lines, it's not working." With that, she walked off. But, that didn't get Himchan to give up. He went after her once again.
 
"Awww, there already fighting." Zelo smiled.
 
"They're so going to hook up." YoungJae added.
 
"If I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the answer to this question?" Himchan continued with his cheesy pick up lines.
 
"Will I be with the Himchan I fell for or this wannabe cheesy pick up line guy." Nicole asked.
 
"Which one is more attractive?"
 
"The first one."
 
"Then the first one it is."
 
"Then yes." Nicole smiled, "I'll be happy to go on a date with you."
 
"Oh, Nicole..."
 
"What?"
 
"You dropped something back there."
 
"What?"
 
"This conversation, lets pick it up later tonight." He stole a kiss on her cheek and ran back to the boys.
 
"Ya!" She yelled, turning to the boys as Himchan jumped up and down. The boys were all squealing and patting him on the back. Nicole let out a grin and shook her head 'no', "What did I get myself into." She playfully whispered to herself.
 
* * *
 
"Don't come home too late." Daehyun said, standing out of Nicole's bedroom door while she examined herseld in the mirror.
 
"You were the one that approved of us." She smiled and grabbed for her handbag, turning towards Daehyun as she now headed downstairs.
 
"Yes, I may have approved of you two, but I still have to be the big brother here." Daehyun defended himself, following her from behind.
 
*DingDong*
 
Nicole was about to open the door, until Daehyun suddenly went in front of her and opened the door instead. It was none other than Himchan dressed up in a handsome black suit, standing there with red roses in his right hand.
 
"Uhm, is-"
 
"I'm right here." Nicole interrupted Himchan as she lightly pushed Daehyun aside and smiled at Himchan who now smiled at her.
 
"These are for you." He handed her the red roses as she let out a grin and happily accepted it.
 
"Thank you." She placed it onto the desk beside the door and was about to go out until Daehyun stopped her.
 
"Kim Himchan, although you are my friend promise me that no matter what happpens you'll never ever hurt her."
 
"Daehyun." Nicole said a bit impatiently.
 
"You have my words." Himchan said as Daehyun now let Nicole go.
 
"Have fun!" Daehyun yelled out to the two who now got off the porch.
 
* * *
 
"Wow, even the playboy has his own sweet normal side." Nicole teased, getting out of the restruant that her and Himchan just ate from.
 
He let out a small laugh and closed the door as they now walked around the street for awhile longer.
 
"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" Himchan smiled.
 
"Honestly, I can't imagine you being all lovey dovey."
 
"Don't worry honey, you'll get lots of love from me."
 
She laughed at his silliness and nodded her head.
 
"I'll like to see that happen."
 
"I'm sorry." Himchan intertwined both their hands together as Nicole looked back at him, "Do I know you?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
"Ah, thats right....you look just like my next girlfriend."
 
"Ya!" Nicole yelled, making him laugh.
 
"Stop with that already."
 
"Ara, ara. I'll stop before you actually dump me."
 
She let go of his hand and walked off.
 
"Ya, Nicole-ah!"
 
She let out a small smile and kept walking away from him.
 
* * *
 
"I guess this is the end of our date." Himchan said as Nicole nodded her head.
 
"See you tomorrow." She unbuckled her seat belt and was about to go until he held onto her left hand, causing her to stop and look at him now.
 
"Rejection can lead to emotional stress for both parties involved and emotional stress can lead to physical complications such as headaches, ulcers, cancerous tumors, and even death! So for my health and yours, just say yes."
 
She let out a laugh and nodded her head.
 
"Okay."
 
"Wah, jeongmal?"
 
"Ne, I like you all to myself."
 
Himchan smiled as she pulled her hands away from his.
 
"Jal gayo." She got out of the car and started walking to her front porch until she heard Himchan calling out her name. She turned around to be greeted into his arms, having his hands hug her waist.
 
"Ya, it's already late." She smiled as he let out a low chuckle.
 
"I know, but I miss you already."
 
"Ara, now go before Daehyun comes out and kills you."
 
"Goodnight kiss?"
 
"Ani, I haven't had my first kiss before."
 
He pulled her away to face him as he gasped in shock.
 
"Jeongmal?!" He asked a bit surprised as she nodded, "It's okay, I haven't either."
 
Now that was surprising to Nicole. Kim Himchan, the playboy of the school never had his first kiss before? How was that even possible?!
 
"When we get married, you can kiss me then." Nicole sweetly smiled at him and was about to walk away, but he pulled her back to face him again.
 
"Then, should I propose to you now?"
 
Nicole let out a grin as Himchan smiled, putting his forehead against her forehead.
 
"Byuntae." She said, smiling as he let out a bigger smile.
 
"I don't mind spending the rest of my life with you, Jung Nicole."
 
"And whys that?" She asked, wanting to know.
 
"Because, it's you."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

KYAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S DONE! OMFG, IT'S ACTUALLY DONE! XD I can't believe I finished this story. OMG, I guess my HimCole feels does help me a lot, huh!?! Haahah, anyways, I just wanted to thank you all so so much for supporting me, updating with me, commenting, and just for everything you've all done for me. You have no idea how happy I am to have you all as subscribers, readers and etc. I couldn't have done it without you guys. I really don't know what I would do without you guys. x) But, hey this chapter is the LONGEST so I hope you didn't find it disappointing or boring. Looking over the chapter, it doesn't look all that much because of my author's note. -________- But, if you did find it boring and disappointing then I'm truly truly sorry! I just wanted more HimCole intereaction since I felt like they had none, know what I'm saying?! Haahha, omfg I am done with this story! I can't believe it! x)) I'm so happy. It took me probably 5 hours to write and think about this chapter and about 30 more minutes to look over it and edit it. But, my feels!!!! Gosh, HimchanxNicole will always be one of my OTP's. :3 Okay, I should stop blabbering before I bore you guys out. But, yeah thank you so so so so so so so so so so so MUCH ONCE AGAIN! I love you all very much! <333 ;) I'm sorry once again if you don't like the ending. T_______T I tried my best.

P.S. Comments will be really appreciated and loved by me, so please do drop down a couple of your opinions for me. &&& Komawo for subscribing to this story and for keeping up with me.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: dandanoo for upvoting this story. Thank you, it means a lot to me. ^^