Chapter 5"Broken Hearted"

Almost Lover
"Today's the day." Himchan said to himself. He examined himself in the mirror and dusted off the invisible piece of lint off of his white suit. Since he was feeling nervous, he told the B.A.P boys to wear white suits also to support him when the time comes. Today he was going to confess to the girl of his dreams. What if she rejects him? What if things don't go as planned? Will Daehyun's idea work as they all planned it? These questions were no help at all to Himchan. He let out a sigh and went towards his bed to grab his backpack as he now walked out of his room. There's nothing left to do, but hope for the best.
 

* * *
 

"Jung Daehyun." Nicole said as she waited for her brother to come out of his bedroom, "We're going to be late. Come out, now."

A minute or so passed and the younger boy finally came out, dressed in a formal white suit...with a white mask chin on. What was that all about?

"What's up with you today?" Nicole asked confused.

"Nothing, lets get going." Daehyun said with a blank mono toned voice.

Ya, tell me what's wrong?" She asked on the way to school, "Why are you all dressed up so nice and what's up with the white mask? Are you on a mission today?"

"Sure." He responded very little.

She let out a sigh and gave up. Although she wanted to know what the special occasion was, it was no use. He clearly didn't want to tell her, so what was the point of asking.

 

* * *
 

Lunch finally arrived. Nicole looked around for him, yet he was no where to be found. She didn't see him all day today. Did he even come to school at all?

"Nicole-ah."

She turned around to see Himchan running her way. She smiled and fully turned his direction as
both her hands went up to hold onto her backpack straps.

"Wah, someone's looking handsome today." She said as he stopped in front of her, "What's up with B.A.P? You all are dressed up today." She asked as he let out a grin.

"It's nothing." He responded, "Mind going up to the rooftop after school?" Himchan asked a bit hesitantly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ah, wae?" She asked a bit confused.

"Just go, ne?" He asked again as she nodded her head, making him smile at her, "Lets go join B.A.P"

From afar a girl looked at them with a smirk, "We'll show her what were made of." She turned to her group of friends as they all began to smirk. She turned back to Himchan and Nicole who now walked away, "Just you wait." She whispered.

"Ya, Jung Daehyun." YongGuk nudged the younger boys shoulder as he now looked at the older boy, "What's up with the mask?"

"Yeah, I didn't know we were suppose to wear a mask." JongUp added.

"Were not." Daehyun flatly said with a blank face.

"Then why are you wearing one?" Zelo asked a bit confused.

"It's because of EunYoo, isn't it?" YoungJae asked, already knowing the answer.

Daehyun sat there, not wanting to admit that his best friend was right. It was because of her thats why he's wearing the mask. Because of her, he became like this. 'It's only because of her. Wow, your so dumb. You act as if shes the only girl in the world.' Thinking of YongGuk saying that, he didn't respond back. He wasn't looking forward to anyone nagging today. Daehyun let out a sigh and stood up.

"Ya, we were just asking." YongGuk said with a 'what the heck' tone when the younger boy stood up.

"I'm going now." Without anymore words said, Daehyun walked away. You don't know, you'll never know, Daehyun thought.

 

* * *
 

Nicole went to Hara's office after school. Being the president of the school isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is. It was too hectic for Hara to handle to the point where principal Lee had to make a personal office for her.

"Here's the picture of our date." Nicole handed Hara the picture of her and HyeongKon together as she took it.

"Omo, you two are too cute." She smiled and went to the copying machine, "I ship you two together, fighting." Hara said, looking at Nicole while she waited for the picture to be scanned.

"A-Ani, were only strangers." Nicole awkwardly smiled.

"Here you go." Hara placed the copy of the picture on her desk and gave Nicole the original.

"Jal gayo, see you around president Goo." Nicole smiled and headed out of her office.
 
"Lee HyeongKong."
 
Nicole stopped herself and looked to the principals office to see HyeongKon standing in front of his office on the other side of his desk. He had his head hung low as if he did something wrong. Maybe waiting would do, she thought. She went outside the office building and leaned onto the bricked wall. She stared at the picture of her and HyeongKon that was still in both her hands. Her heart began to beat at the thought of Hara saying that her and HyeongKon was a good match. Did they really look that good together? Without realizing, the corner of her lips curved up into a smile.
 
Minutes later, a person walking outside was heard. Nicole quickly looked up to see HyeongKon coming out of the office.
 
"HyeongKon-ah..." She whispered loud enough for him to hear. What shocked her the most was when he turned to face her with tears in his eyes. Her body became stiff and uncomfortable at the scene in front of her. What should she do now?
 
He let out a sigh and walked away without saying anything. Without knowing, her feet followed him from behind. What was wrong with him?
 
"Don't follow me." HyeongKon walked faster without looking back at Nicole. As he reached to his motorcycle, he grabbed for his helmet and put it on his head.
 
"HyeongKon..."
 
"I want to be alone." He got on his motorcycle and started the engine, but Nicole refused to listen. Without thinking again, she quickly got onto the back seat of his motorcycle and wrapped her hands around his waist, "What do you think your doing?" He asked, now looking back at her.
 
"I....I just thought-"
 
"Wear this then." He put his exrta helmet on her head now.
 
 
* * *
 
 
"Ya, where is that girl?" Zelo asked and looked at the boys who shrugged their shoulders.
 
"It's canceled guys." Himchan entered the rooftop as they all looked at him now.
 
"Bwoh?" YongGuk asked a bit confused.
 
"She's busy. It's okay." Himchan gave them a small smile as they all let out a frustrated sigh.
 
"All this for nothing." JongUp said and sat on the couch.
 
"Mianhae for putting you all into this mess." Himchan bowed, "I guess it just wasn't meant to happen."
 
"Wait, are you giving up on noona?" Daehyun asked with wide shocked eyes now.
 
"Ye." Himchan let out a forced small laugh, "That's okay, right?"
 
 
* * *
 
 
HyeongKon turned off his motorcycle and put his helmet down as Nicole did the same. After doing that, the two sat on the bench that was a few inches away from them, watching the calm river flow back and forth. The soft cool air pressed against their cheeks gently. Every now and then, Nicole would look at HyeongKon to see him just staring at the river, breathing in and out soundlessly. He looked a  lot more calmer than before with those teary eyes.
 
"Oppa...what's wrong." She asked with a worried voice.
 
He let out a sigh and felt the tears coming again. No words were needed to be said, she knew he was going through a hard time right now. He brought both his elbows to both his knees and cover his eyes with both his hands. As minutes passed, Nicole heard HyeongKon sobbing to himself. She let out a small sigh and slowly brought her left hand to pat his back gently. He needed someone to comfort him right now. Maybe it's best if she kept quiet. He turned to face her and hugged her close to his body, still sobbing. Her eyes widen when he did that, but eventually she hugged him back. For some odd reason, her heart began to beat at a faster pace.
 
 
* * *
 
 
"Thank you for today." HyeongKon smiled at Nicole who smiled back and shook her head no.
 
"I'm always here if you need anything." She took off her helmet and gave it to him, "Jal gayo, drive home safely."
 
Nicole entered the house and closed the door behind her. She went up the stairs and walked passed Daehyun's room to just be stopped by herself. She took a step back and looked inside his bedroom through the small crack of his door. He was sleeping soundlessly like usual. She let out a small smile and walked to her room now. She layed on her bed with her back facing the bed mattress as she closed her eyes and exhaled heavily. It was a long night. Right then, her eyes widened at the thought of Himchan.
 
"Shoot!" She said under her breath and paced back and forth in her room, waiting for him to answer, "Pick up, pick up."
 
"It's okay." Himchan finally picked up and answered on the other line. 
 
"Himchan..."
 
"There's no need to explain. It's okay, really. I understand."
 
"I-"
 
"Don't apologize. I know its not your fault."
 
"Maybe tomorrow?"
 
"There's no more." He forced a smile as tears ran down his face, "I think it's time my train stopped now."
 
"What are you talking about?" Nicole asked confused.
 
"Ani, it's nothing." He cleared his throat, "If that's all you need to say, good night." Without any more words, he hung up. He let out a sigh and put his phone on the nightstand. Why was he crying over someone who was never his in the first place? It was clear on who she liked, on who she had her eyes on. It was none other than Lee HyeongKon, the basketball player. Sooner or later, he expected for Nicole to fall for him anyways. Why? Because, everyone liked him at one point and that made his heart ache. 
 

"You must have waited long." Nicole whispered to herself as she looked up at the stars, "Jeongmal mianhae, Himchan-ah."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello, my fellow readers and subscribers. <3 Here's an update for you. I felt as if I rushed  through it though, so I'm truly sorry for that. x( Anyways, everything will be explained in the next chapter. For example, the reason why HyeongKon was so sad and prepare for drama to come along in chapter 6. Sorry for the long wait-ish, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter though. If NOT, I'm sorry once again.

P.S. Comments will be really appreciated and loved by me, so please do drop down a couple of your opinions for me. &&& Komawo for subscribing to this story and for keeping up with me.