Chapter 3"What Is Right"

Almost Lover
Nicole layed in bed, thinking about what happened today. HyeongKon was stuck in her mind and she didn't like that. Why was she thinking of him again?
 

-FlashBack-
 

"And what do you say to the handsome stranger?" HyeongKon smiled at her when they reached her house.

Nicole glared at him who seemed to not be bothered at all. All he did was smile and that was getting her ticked off. Why? Because, she hated him and wanted to wipe it off his face. Why is he smiling anyways?

"Ya, ppali!" Sungmin who tagged along said impatiently. Well, he actually had no choice since he had to carry the baseball equipments with him.

"I'm waiting." HyeongKon slowly said, waiting for Nicole to say something.

"Oh, thank you very much." She looked at him with an annoyed look and said it in a sarcastic voice.

He let out a laugh, having Nicole question herself why?

"You're very welcome beautiful." He smiled and looked at Sungmin who looked like he was going to throw up any minute now with his choice of words, "Kaja!" He began to walk away as his friend followed him from behind.

Pabo, Nicole thought to herself.

 

-FlashBack Ends-
 

Nicole's train of thoughts stopped when she heard the door downstairs close. Her leg that was feeling a bit better now made her get out of bed.

"Daehyun?" She made her way towards the living room couch, "Gwenchana?" She now sat across from her brother who didn't say anything, "Daehyun-"

"I got rejected." He said mono toned with a blank face. He let out a sigh and headed upstairs.

Nicole opened to speak again, but ended up just sighing. He was probably going through a rough time right now and needed some space to be alone.

 

* * *


The bell rang, meaning that school was finally over. Students rushed out of their classroom to attend the school rally.

"Kaja." Himchan put his hand over Nicole's shoulder as she smiled and nodded.

They both entered the schools gym to see that most of the seats were already filled up.

"Oh, B.A.P's over there." Himchan smiled and went towards them as Nicole followed from behind.

She earned glares and cursed words from other girls for being with B.A.P too much. But, ignoring them she sat next to Himchan like always since she was closest to him.

Himchan couldn't help, but be happy whenever they were together. It was as if he finally settled down for the girl of his dreams. Was it wrong to like her since she was Daehyun's older sister? Did she feel the same way? It seemed as if she did and didn't like him back at the same time, was that even possible? Himchan's train of thoughts got distracted after hearing the voice of the principal and realized that they were already half way done with the rally.

"Welcome your basketball team!" The principal announced on the loud microphone as students cheered happily.

The team came in and ran around the gym one time, stopping on the left side of the gym where Nicole was seated at. She looked through the basketball team and realized that HyeongKon was there. Her jaws dropped in shock that he was in a sports team. 

What the, Nicole thought to herself.

"Hey, pretty."

Nicole's thoughts stopped and realized that HyeongKon was talking to her.

"You know him?" Himchan asked Nicole, nudging her shoulder.

"Oooooh, noona got game." Zelo added as the boys let out a laugh, having JongUp high five him.

"Ya, hajima." Daehyun retorted with an annoyed look.

"If I make this." HyeongKon bounced the ball against the wooden floor of the gym, "You owe me a date."

"Ya!"

"And he makes it in!" The principal announced, interrupting Nicole as the students chanted even louder.

"I'll see you after this." HyeongKon winked at her and ran to the middle of the gym with the rest of his team mates.

"Are you really going?" Himchan asked a bit concerned.

"Aish, eottoke?" Nicole panicked a bit, not knowing what to do.

"There's something about him that's telling me you shouldn't go." Daehyun now looked at HyeongKon who sat down with his group mates on the other side of the bench.

"Yeah, Daehyun's right." YongGuk agreed.

"He's not the one for you." YoungJae popped into the conversation.

"Tch, I-I never said he was." Nicole defended herself.

"Don't go."

"Bwoh?" She turned around to face Himchan who said that.

"Don't go, I have a bad feeling about this."

Nicole couldn't continue the conversation since another voice was heard from the microphone, making the students focus on the show once again.

"This game is going to involve the basket ball boys with a partner in the audience." The girl president of the school named Goo Hara said, making the audience go wild, "Alright, this is how it works. You have 5 seconds to find your partner." She told the basketball team as they nodded, "After you've found your partner you have to come back here and grab a ball to shoot it into the basket."

"Ne!" The boys stood up, ready to go find their partner. But, was interrupted by her again.

"Chagaman!" She yelled through the microphone, "Only your partner can shoot it into the basket." The boys 'awed' in disappointment, "Because, you guys are already good at basketball, you have to teach your partner how to shoot it in and it's only one chance. Whether you make it or not the first time, your done. First person to shoot it in gets a prize and the game starts NOW!"

The boys scattered around the gym and picked their partners.

"Watch when HyeongKon comes back here for noona." JongUp laughed.

"Ppali!"
 
Nicole looked up to see HyeongKon commanding her to get up from her seat. The boys jaws dropped as if they didn't know this was going to happen.
 
"Tch, why should I- YAH!" Before Nicole could even finish her sentence he had already dragged her to the center of the gym.
 
"We don't have time!" HyeongKon yelled and grabbed for a ball, "Ppali!" He dragged her to the middle of the first court as she rolled her eyes, "When you shoot, make sure at the end your hand is pointing down. Bend your knees." He instructed.
 
Being the competitive girl Nicole was, she concentrated and focused on her aiming the best she can. Although she hated him, she hated loosing. If she was to win she'll get a prize afterwards. Well, at least that's what the president of the school said.
 
"This better be worth it." Nicole said as she closed her right eye and shot in the ball. She opened her right eye slowly. It was as if everything was going slow motion for a second...until she heard his annoying voice.
 
"You made it in!" HyeongKon yelled with happiness as he picked her off her feet and spinned her around.
 
Nicole's eyes widen at his sudden action.
 
What do you think your doing, She mentally yelled out loud.
 
"Ya! Let me go!" She hit his back as he laughed and put her down.
 
"You did it!" He yelled again as she looked around awkwardly, knowing that girls were probably glaring at her now.
 
The buzzer for the game went off, meaning that they had won. HyeongKon grinned and dragged Nicole towards the speaker who instructed for the loosing people to go back to their original seats.
 
"You guys did great." Hara said through the microphone, "Okay, you lucky winner." She went towards Nicole who pulled away from HyeongKon, "Pick a card, any card." She spread the color of cards out from her hands and waited for Nicole to pick.
 
"Mmmm." Nicole said, thinking which one she should get. She smiled and took out the blue strip of paper.
 
"What does it say?"
 
Nicole turned the blue strip of paper around and announced it on the microphone since Hara put it in front of , "Congratulations, your the winner for this rallies game. You get to go on a date with the partner you were paired up with. Have fun." Her smile faded away and she looked at HyeongKon who's grin seemed to get wider.
 
"Don't forget to send us pictures, so we can put it in our yearbook for this years new rally winner." She said through the microphone with a smile.
 
"You got to be kidding me." Himchan and Nicole thought at the same time.
 
* * *
 
"Eottoke? I don't want to go on a date with him." Nicole sadly said as Himchan looked at her, "Oppa, what should I do?" She looked up at him who didn't know what to say also.
 
Don't go, Nicole-ah, Himchan thought to himself.
 
"It's only one date." YoungJae said from behind with the other boys, "It won't kill you, right?"
 
Nicole let out a sigh and looked down at the ground, "I guess so."
 
"Be careful, okay." Daehyun ruffled her hair as she nodded her head.
 
"Ya!"
 
They all turned around to see a smiling HyeongKon coming towards them as he rode his motorcycle their way. Himchan who didn't like this idea one bit rolled his eyes.
 
"Get on!" He smiled as Nicole looked back at B.A.P with a 'help me' face. But, they all knew they couldn't do anything, "Hey." He got off his motorcycle and grabbed for Nicole's wrist, having her look at him with a shocked face, "I'm not as bad as I look. At least I don't think I do." He smiled and put the helmet on Nicole's head, "Hop on." He got in the front seat and waited for her to hop in the back seat. He looked back at her who seemed to be more hesitant than before, "You never know if you never try."
 
She looked back at the boys and saw them with their head hung low. She knew they couldn't do anything also. She nodded her head and hopped in the back seat, making him smile.
 
"Hold on tight." He wrapped her hands around his waist, "I'll see you guys later." He bid goodbye to the boys and rode off.
 
Himchan gritted his teeth together and clenched his hands together. He wanted to stop her from going, but he knew he couldn't.
 
"Gwenchana, hyung." Zelo patted the older boy's back as he let out a sigh.
 
Without anymore words to say, Himchan walked off without them. He needed to be alone. It hurt as if a knife was stabbing his heart. He just saw the girl he liked go off with another man. What if Nicole ended up liking him? Will he be more hurt than he is right now? Just thinking about it made his heart ache even more.
 

"Don't fall in love with him, Nicole-ah." Himchan whispered to himself as he looked up at the sky. Even if it seemed selfish of him to say, he couldn't help it, but think that way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey there! This chapter is a bit longer than the others, so I hope you enjoy. I decided to update today since I had nothing to do in school today. I started writing this chapter in class and yeah....Ahahaha, I hope your NOT too disappointed in this chapter though. I tried to make it as interesting as possible, so yeah......

P.S. Comments will be really appreciated and loved by me, so please do drop down a couple of your opinions for me. &&& Komawo for subscribing to this story and for keeping up with me.