Mes Rêves

She Was Mine?

Jiyeon's POV:

"I'm sure your mom isn't going to starve your dad," Junhyung said.

All over again, the painful memories flooded back.  I looked down and stared at the ground. I couldn't tell him. He would treat me as if I was a weak person.  I needed an excuse. I went with my instincts.

"The ground looks nice today," I randomly said.

I looked up at his face. 

 

"It's just dirt." 

I let out a nervous laugh. I avoided his eyes and began playing with my silver bracelet on my left wrist. 

"It's late. I'm going to go. Bye."

Without replying, I ran back to my cabin. I once again escaped from telling him the truth.

 

Hyosung's POV:

The welcoming party would start in twenty minutes. Though this was a party, it was also a competition. Students would try to outshine each other in singing, dancing, and music. Just like everyone else, I wanted to amaze students and teachers with a talent. 

"Hyosung? You're back from class?"  Jiyeon said. Her cheeks were flushed and she looked tired.

"Yeah. Where've you been? You look kind of sick."

"I was at Photography Club. It was kind of interesting. Are you going to the welcoming party?"

"Jiyeon, I want to sing there, but I can't."

She stayed quiet for a minute. Jiyeon was concerned and she wanted to help. However, I knew how she felt about music. She avoided music as best as she can. 

"What can I do?" she asked.

"I don't know. I"m too scared to go up there. I don't even have the instrumental version of the song and-"

"Look. Hyosung. Stop bringing yourself down. You're going to sing today. We just need a disguise for you and me. Maybe a mask, or a wig. Anything that will make sure we are not recognizable. You won't be scared to go on stage if no one knows who you are."

" I'm just not prepared."

"What song are you singing?"

"Crazy In Love By Jisun."

"Do you have the song? Can I listen to it?"

 

Junhyung's POV:

"Thank you for all coming to the Camp Talent. During your two weeks here, I promise you that you will, not only have fun, but also learn much about your interests. Today I am giving every student the opportunity to come up on stage and share their talents." 

An hour had passed and already many students had gone up on stage. Afew of the performances actually turned out to be entertaining. Suddenly the lights dimmed, and two girls walked up on stage. One was wearing a paper mask and the other girl had on sunglasses. They had on shorts and a black t-shirt.

Everyone became quiet and turned their attention to the disguised girls. The girl wearing a paper mask went towards the piano, while the other girl took the microphone into her hands. The girl holding the microphone looked towards the paper masked girl. On cue, the paper masked girl nodded her head  and began playing. 

Their performance ended and the whole room filled with applause. The two girls held hands and bowed. As the paper masked girl bowed, her bracelet fell off her wrist, down to the floor. I stared down at the unnoticed, dropped bracelet. I smirked.

Many people wanted to know who the girls were, but I already knew one of them. The paper masked girl had scars on her legs.

It was Jiyeon.