Bus Five

She Was Mine?

"DID THE BUS LEAVE?"

"Yes," I lied. "The bus left thirty minutes ago. You missed it. Better go home now." 

The girl seemed naive, but I was wrong. She looked at me with her left eyebrow raised. 

"Nice bag you have there. Did you miss the bus too?"

I could hear the sarcasm in her tone. 

"Yeah, I guess I missed the bus too."

She rolled her eyes and sat down on the bench.

"My name's Park Jiyeon. I'm sixteen years old! I don't like liars."

I smirked. 

"You must not like yourself then. Everyone lies. Do you tend to contradict yourself a lot?"

She smiled then looked fondly at a silver bracelet on her left wrist. 

"There are different types of lies."

Before I could reply back, students started arriving and our conversation ended.

Hyosung's POV:

I walked to school, staring down at my feet. My parents had lectured me this morning about how I needed to walk with more confidence or that no one was going to ever take me seriously in life. I knew they were right, but I didn't feel comfortable when I was by myself. I'm not beautiful or popular. Just mediocre.

I was excited for Camp Talent. Ever since I was little I loved singing and wanted to actually become a singer. Jiyeon was the only person that knew of this secret. When we were four, we used to sing and play piano together. When we turned nine, everything changed. 

"HYOSUNG!"

My body tensed up and I made sure my face was covered by my long black hair. Slowly, I turned around and my cheeks turned red. It was Kikwang.

"Hi Kikwang."

"Hi, are you going to Camp Talent too?"

"Yes."

"I'm glad you're going. You'll get to see my amazing dance skills."

I stayed quiet. Nervous. Scared. I didn't know what to say. 

Junhyung's POV:

Five buses were parked at school. Chaperones ran around passing out numbered cards to the late students to assign them to their bus. My card read #5. Slowly, I made my way to Bus #5. I was fifteen minutes late and about forty of the fifty enrolled students were already in their assigned bus. I got on the bus and met the stares of the already seated students. Oh great. The students stared, wondering who I was going to sit next to. I put on my black cap and glared. There were about three empty seats. Finally, I saw her.

"Kid, are you going to take a seat? I can't drive until everyone has their bottom on a seat." The bus driver asked.

I quickly walked and sat down next to her. Her eyes widened.

"Look. I'm not sitting here because I want too."

She smiled a crooked smile and let out a small, quiet laugh. wink

"I didn't ask."

"Ok then."

I put on my headphones and my music. After a quick two minutes, I paused the music and took off my headphones. 

"Why are you here anyway? I thought you didn't want to go to Camp Talent."