Teacher

She Was Mine?

Jiyeon's POV:

"NO THANKS! You need my advice," I shouted.

"What makes you think that?" 

"I don't know," I smiled, looking into his sad eyes.

He stared at me and I stared back. I wondered if he could see the pain I've gone through, boldly written across my face, just as I could see all the hurt he's experienced in his eyes. Suddenly, Junhyung turned away from me and continued walking.

"Let's go. I'm going to Photography Club too," he whispered.

Yuri's POV:

Photography Club would start in five minutes and already a few students were seated around the large round table. Lee Joon was playing with his camera. I sat across from him, but he didn't show any sign of interest. 

I didn't just like Lee Joon  because he never noticed me. I didn't like him for his appearance or his passion for photography. I liked him because I liked him. There was no exact reason.

"Why are you looking at me?" He asked.

"Sorry, I zoned out."

"On my face?"

 

Before I could answer Junhyung and a girl walked in.

"Hey! I came," She smiled and waved at Joon. 

I expected Lee Joon to ignore her. That didn't happen.

"You've become uglier than the last time I saw you. What happened to your legs?" He asked.

"You've become meaner than I remembered. What happened to your personality?" She joked.

Surprisingly, Lee Joon's lips curved into a small smile. The girl quickly walked to the seat beside Lee Joon's.  

"Hi. My name is Kwon Yuri. I don't think we've met. Are you Lee Joon's friend?" I  curiously asked.

"So that's your name? Lee Joon?" she replied.

"Hey! Stupid, Yuri is asking you a question." Junhyung said. He took a seat next to me.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Park Jiyeon. I'm not really his friend," she tilted her head.

"She's this random kid that keeps bumping into me," Lee Joon nonchalantly said, fixing his camera. 

If Jiyeon wasn't his friend and if they didn't know each other well, why did it feel like already, she was closer to Lee Joon than I was.

 

Lee Joon's POV:

The lights suddenly turned off. After a minute, the lights turned back on.

"Welcome to Photography Club. I'm your teacher. Starting from today, you will learn the art of photography and practice taking and processing photos. You will see and compose the beauty and the truth in things. The limitations of photography are up to you. Any questions?"

The students remained quiet.

A moment of silence passed slowly by. 

"Okay then. You guys may return to your cabins. Bring a camera by tomorrow."

The old man walked up the stairs and the sound of a door slamming echoed in the room. 

"He's so cool!" Jiyeon said, giggling. 

"He's cocky," I replied.

"Like you?" 

I glared at her. Suddenly, she got off her seat and walked to the door.

"Okay! I"m leaving. Goodbye."

"Wait. It's dark. Thought you were scared?" Junhyung said.

"Well we all have to face our fears," she wittingly replied.