PAIN PAIN GO AWAY.

She Was Mine?

Hyosung's POV:

I pressed my right hand over my chest. I felt my heart beat hard anf fast against my chest.

"I can't breathe."

Jiyeon laughed.

"No, seriously. I can't breathe. My heart's too big for my body."

"Lucky you! It's good to have a big heart!" She joked.

Jiyeon opened the door to the restroom and after making sure no one was in the restroom, we both started changing. After a few minutes, we finished changing out of our disguises. I stared at my ugly reflection in the mirror. Usually, I would avoid the mirror, but today I couldn't. I had just sang for the first time in front of an audience and I wanted to see if I had changed into another person. Someone brave. Someone pretty.  Jiyeon too, looked at the mirror. 

"Do you think mirrors are accurate?" I asked.

"No," she quickly replied.

"Why not?"

"Everyone looks at things differently. Something can be beautiful to me, but unappealing to you. "

"Beauty is within the eyes of the beholder." 

"I guess you can use that quote to describe what I'm saying," Jiyeon replied, smiling.

"How does that prove that a mirror is inaccurate?"

"Because I can look at myself in the mirror and feel that I'm beautiful, but you can look at me in the mirror and think that I"m ugly. I'm not sure what I'm saying. It's just, there are so many ways someone can view something or someone."

I smiled. It was funny seeing Jiyeon struggling for an answer.

"I'll answer your question after I find the best answer to give you," Jiyeon said.  

We both laughed. Jiyeon looked down at her wrists and then her smile was wiped clean off her face. Her expression darkened. 

"Bracelet."

Jiyeon's POV:

The bracelet had disappeared. 

"Did you have it before we went on stage?" Hyosung asked.

"I think so. I don't know."

"Stay calm. I'll help you look for it. "

"No. It's okay.  I'll just look for it once the welcoming party ends." 

Hyosung stared at me intently. She knew the story behind the bracelet. She knew all about my contaminated past. 

Lee Joon's POV:

The welcoming party had finally ended. I watched as the crowd dispersed. I waited for Jiyeon to come out to look for her bracelet. I knew she would realize that she had lost it.

Just as I had expected..

The room was empty and the lights were dimmed. I watched as Jiyeon walked onto the stage again, this time searching for her lost bracelet. 

"Where is it?" She asked, frustrated.

I slowly ambled onto the stage and crept behind her.

"Bracelet," she murmured. 

"Are you looking for a silver bracelet?" I asked.

"Yes, did you happen to see one?"

I stayed silent. Suddenly, she turned her neck and peered back at me. 

"Lee Joon? What are you doing here?" She yelled, her eyes wide open.

I put my hand into my pocket and gently grabbed the silver bracelet out.

"Are you looking for this?" 

She slowly eyed the bracelet and forced out a smile.

"Yeah, that bracelet's mine," Jiyeon answered.

She reached for the bracelet, but I quickly put the bracelet back into my pockets.

"Since when did you know how to play the piano so well?" I curiously asked. 

Her expression turned darkened.

"Give me back the bracelet. "

Oh. So the bracelet was important to her.

"Is this bracelet important to you?" I asked. 

Jiyeon nodded.

For some reason, I was curious about who she was. Truth be told, I was rarely interested in anyone's personal business.

"Why is it so important to you?"

She stayed quiet and glared at me. 

"My mom gave it to me."

Her cheeks flushed. 

I took out the bracelet out of my pocket and gave it to her.

She snatched it out of my hand and marched off the stage.

"Who gets that attached to a stupid bracelet?" I loudly remarked. 

"If you don't know anything, be quiet," she harshly replied, with her back facing me.

"Look, shouldn't you be thanking me for finding your bracelet?"

I jumped off the stage and walked towards her. 

"Seriously, no manners. Didn't your mom teach you manners? You only know how to play the piano,"I coldly said.

I knew I was hurting her, but I couldn't stop. 

Suddenly, she punched me hard in the chest.

"You don't know anything about me! Manners? No, my mom didn't teach me because she died. DEAD. D-E-A-D."

I watched as drops of tears rolled down her face. I let her continue punching me. I didn't feel the punches. My body was numb.

With one last whimper, Jiyeon collapsed to the ground, shivering.