The Fight Over a Girl

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

“Mom, I have to go pick up Linda!” Hebe informed. Her mom just bobbed her head, the custom response to anything Hebe says.

 

Hebe sighed, her phone vibrated again.

 

Linda ---Dude, where the hell are you right now?

 

Hebe replied quickly, ashamed how her sister was swearing already.

 

Right over, don't use hell! Why are you in such a rush?

 

Hebe hopped inside her car and headed for the local pub. Hebe usually refrained going to pubs, but her sister always ended up there. Sirens sounded some distance behind Hebe. Hebe looked over her shoulder to see a police officer pulling her over.

 

“Ma'am, can I see your license please?”

 

Hebe sighed, this time was the second time she got pulled over. She slid out her ID and the police officer check it. Hebe waited for the police officer to apologize. He did, and even gave her a slight nod as he drove away.

 

Hebe's phone vibrated again, then again. Hebe wanted to receive it, but she was driving. She passed the red light, accidentally, and stopped in front of the pub. There was a crowd in front, circling around something. Hebe checked her messages.

 

Oh, can you hurry up?

 

The second:

 

Oh my ing god! Where are you?

 

Hebe nearly jumped out of her car. Maybe Linda was in trouble. The crowd was seemingly denser since the first time Hebe checked. Sirens sounded again, and this time not because of her.

 

Hebe made her way through the thickened crowd. Someone elbowed her in the face. She paused and rubbed her nose. The noise was unbearable outside. Yells, and screams. Sounded like there was a fight. Two massively bulky guys were fighting, probably for some girl.

 

Hebe looked around for Linda. Linda was a little ways off, grabbing on to her friend's hands.

 

Hebe crossed the crowd cautiously.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Hebe asked. Linda shook her head, and shrugged her shoulders. Hebe's tiny voice can barely be heard over the crowd. Why did a fight encourage so many spectators and cheers? “ARE YOU OKAY!?” Hebe tried again.

 

Linda nodded, but pointed to the crowd. Hebe looked over. Two guys came in and interfered, seemingly trying to stop the fight. The shorter of the two who interfered was being held back, kind of like a hostage. The bigger, taller one turned back and tried to help the short one. Then Hebe recognized the big one, it was Jiro.

 

Hebe screamed, and sent a flying kick at brawn #1 holding the shorter guy. The bulky guy fell on his back and stayed there. The shorter guy seemed to regain his balance, and held the bulky guy down.

 

Jiro managed to pin down the other bulky guy down. The police finally came. Hebe thought they didn't want to do the dirty work, and recognized the guy who pulled her over earlier.

 

“Thanks,” The police addressed to the three standing in the middle of the circle.

 

Hebe looked around, people had their cameras ready, and were snapping away. Hebe could imagine the headlines on blogs. Flying kick stops fight! Or Woman stops fight with massive flying kick!. Blogs these days...

 

The police took the two bulky guys away, one even yelled Linda. The other was thrashing wildly, reaching a hand out in Linda's direction.

 

Hebe rolled her eyes. Linda was pretty, she often attracted bulky guys. Hebe had to learn taekwondo to protect her sister.

 

The crowd was now thinning, leaving the three still standing there, panting. Linda seemed to disappear somewhere.

 

“Hey, Jiro, what are you doing here? Don't you live outside of town?” Hebe asked.

 

Jiro seemed at lost for words. The short guy beside him introduced himself.

 

“Hello, ma'am, nice to meet you, I am Aaron Yan,”

 

“Oh, yeah, nice to meet you, Hebe Tian here. Are you new?” Well, of course,Hebe thought after the words came out, this town is small, I know everyone. Except those two brawny guys.

 

“Uh, yeah. From... Uh, I'm from.. Taiwan!”

 

“Oh, okay.” Hebe turned to Jiro, who was still standing there, “Jiro, ready for school?”

 

Jiro answered, stuttering, “Oh yeah, totally. Look, my mom's probably looking for me, bye!”

 

Aaron and Jiro left to the bookstore next door.

 

Hebe turned back to her car, where Linda was perched on top. “They were fighting over you? Is that why it was so urgent?”

 

“Yeah, sorry. Say, drop me off at my friend's, okay?”