Final Farewell.

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

“Aaron..” Aaron's mom took a big sigh. Her breath was wavering, weakening, and saying his name took a big effort. Her hand reached out to touch his face. It was trembling horridly. She took another big breath. “Aaron, I love you.” At that moment, Aaron didn't know what to do. Four things happened at once. The heart monitor started screeching. His mother's hand dropped out of his grasp, and his mother's eyes closed. Nurses and doctors rushed in. Aaron was pushed aside.

 

Through the commotion, Aaron had been hurried outside. Aaron resisted, but it was useless. He was too weak, too small, too similar to his mom's petite size. The doctors inside were trying to save his mom. He knew they couldn't save her. Why can't he be by her side? Aaron kicked the wall in frustration. He couldn't do anything for his mom. His dad wasn't here to see her. To the last minute of her his mom still hoped to see her husband.

 

Aaron was still young, he didn't want his mom to leave. He still needed her to see his graduation, to see him marry, to keep him company, to support him when he became the heir, if he ever did.

 

His father, due to the secrecy of their marriage, and the secrecy of Aaron's birth, could not come and see Aaron's mom. It would hurt his pride and status, and the whole world would know that he had not been the perfect husband everybody thought him to be. Why did his father care about those? Wasn't his mom important? Didn't he love her?

 

Aaron was still sitting helplessly outside. The struggle to keep his mom alive has been going on for an hour now. He hadn't even left his spot. Aaron was close to a mental breakdown by now. He had been thinking about his dad, and it left him angered.

 

Aaron had been living with his dad for years. In the gigantic Yan mansion, nobody knew that Aaron lived there. Only a selected few new that there was an additional hallway connected to the house. Aaron had lived luxurious, but he just had to be careful. All the time.

 

Aaron used to venture out in the night to explore the mansion. He was so lonely, in that big mansion. But at least he could do whatever he wanted. He actually felt sorry for those poor people in the south of the city. They had to work everyday, and they probably didn't even know what abalone tasted like. And their clothes! All their jeans were not ripped perfectly!

 

Aaron thought about living. Now that his mom wasn't there, would he still live in that house? His dad is like a stranger to him. Would he keep the abandoned child?

 

Aaron stood up to stretch his legs. He had been sitting too long. His hurt, and his legs were numb. He stumbled on his feet.

 

“Oh, be careful!” A cleaning worker supported him back up. She smiled at him. He stood up, and straigtened his shirt. It was a new suit that his mom got him a day before.

 

“Uh, thanks, young lady,” He thanked. He was accustomed to talking polite. She looked at him with a puzzled look.

 

He started walking away. The cleaning worker got back to work. She looked like she was going to say something, but Aaron didn't want to talk. He had to compromise with his dad. No use waiting for him to kick him out.