Dates, Tailor, Home

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

Who knew, the clothing Aaron newly bought were longer than what Jiro had. The sleeves were long, they went up to his elbows, and his jeans were long, they dragged along the floor or were scrunched up. Aaron looked like a gangster. Despite the fact that his jeans were long, Aaron couldn't keep them up.

 

Aaron and Jiro were sitting in McDonalds in a booth, with burgers in front of them. Both the meals were untouched. Aaron was sitting, looking out the window. He spotted the girl from before, Hebe, walking towards the McDonalds. He tapped Jiro on the shoulder. He was lost in daze. His eyes stared into the space. Aaron slapped his face, and pointed towards Hebe.

 

“Wha? What was that for? I was just thin-” Jiro saw Hebe and instantly rose to his feet. He knocked the table and the tray tumbled off the table. The uneaten burgers made contact with the floor. Aaron heard a person whine.

 

Hebe reached forward to open the door. Jiro dashed ahead and greeted her, and started talking, making hand motions. Aaron sat there, watching Jiro. Jiro really liked that girl. Hebe leaned against the window. In that position, Hebe reminded Aaron of his mom. Aaron quickly looked away.

 

“...So, I was wondering, can we go on a couple of dates? Like, go to the movies or something? How 'bout Saturday and Sunday after school starts?”

 

There was a brief pause. Aaron swiftly looked back, pretending to be checking the time. Hebe was looking down, and Jiro looked like he was floating. Aaron guessed Hebe said yes. They walked over, both of them looking quite awkward. Who knew Jiro could be so shy.

 

“Can we go to the tailors, Jiro?” Aaron asked, breaking the awkward atmosphere. Aaron was tugging at his shirt sleeve. Aaron didn't want to look at Hebe, already memories were overflowing in his head.

 

--Flashback--

 

Mommy, mommy, I wanna cut your hair!” Aaron said, his stubby fingers holding a pair of kiddy scissors.

 

Now, dear, why would you want to do that?” Aaron's mom was leaning on the window sill, her arms folded nicely. Her hair was dark, and it flowed down her back. Her head was slightly cocked to the side.

 

I wanna become the greatest artist in the world! And artists know how to cut hair!” Aaron giggled, he raised his hand and stumbled over to his mom. He climbed the window sill with ease, careful not to poke his mom.

 

Aaron's mom stayed in the same position throughout the whole process. Aaron was snipping away, having fun, her hair now reached her chin. He finished, and ran away to hand his mom a mirror.

 

Oh honey, it's beautiful. I should have asked you to cut my hair earlier!” Aaron's mom hugged him, and kissed him on the cheek.

 

Aaron was glowing. He had a bright smile, and was so proud.

 

“Hey, now why would we do that? My mom's a seamstress herself-- Hey, Aaron, dude!” Jiro waved his hand in front of Aaron's face. Aaron was still thinking of his mom. Jiro took this chance to slap Aaron. Aaron jumped, though he didn't bump into the table.

 

Aaron fixed Jiro with an electrifying glare. Jiro turned around and saw Hebe buying something from McDonalds. Jiro ran to pay for her, but she already left out the door. Jiro returned to the booth. Aaron now fully awake.

 

“So, do we drive back to your house now? By the way, when does school start?” Aaron asked. He was so bored he actually wanted to go to school.

 

“Tomorrow,” Jiro said, “Oh, Aaron, we should sign up for lockers and stuff. Let's go to our school. I'll drive!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Selina cried as she ran into her parent's arms. Ceci still perched on her shoulders. A year's longing had built up. Selina had missed her mom's cooking, and even her dad's criticism.
 

After the family reunited, Selina's mom handed Selina an envelope. Selina peered through her teary eyes at the envelope. Her parents had applied for a local high school.

 

“Ma, I want to work, though,” Selina pouted.

 

“We have already disrupted your learning. It is better to get an education, for a better future.” Her dad interjected.

 

“It starts tomorrow, so let's see your school.” Her mom added.

 

“Aww, mom, I really don't want to go to school,” Selina whined.

 

Ceci popped in, “But you get to meet girls, and guys.”

 

Everyone laughed. It was good to be together again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eyuh, no one seems to be reading my story. >.< Anyways, comment if you have been. I'm sorry it's moving so slowly, though.