To Canada

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

Aaron lugged his suitcase down the stairs. It was the middle of the night, and the clanking seemed to be too loud. Yesterday, his dad had sent over the rules. It was over three pages long. Aaron had to not take more than one suitcase. His identity must NOT be revealed (it would ruin his dad's reputation and business and the stocks would go down). He can only get five hundred a month from the ATM. The rules went on and on.

 

Aaron sensed that this path led to doom. He had never left his house for trips before, let alone to travel across the world. Aaron sighed. He would have to start over, and he would have to be... poor.

 

Reality hit Aaron in the face. Literally. A cat pounced on his face and scratched it. It's claws raked his nose. Aaron touched his face. Blood was gushing out. Cool, even his 'handsome' face was ruined.

 

Aaron didn't have any friends to say goodbye to. He was leaving a day early. In that house, it was so happy. All the maids continued on with their work. Why was everyone so happy when his mom just died? No one mourned for his mom. Aaron wouldn't be there for her funeral.

 

Aaron started walking before he could start thinking again. He had brought all the money he owned: 23.50 yuan. It wasn't enough to ride the taxi to the airport. Good thing his 'dad' had bought him a ticket. But then again, it was in the economic class. Even the name sounded non-fancy.

 

Aaron lived in the west side. The airport was on the east. He didn't have enough for a taxi, so he had to ride the...

 

“Bus?” Aaron questioned himself. He had never been on a bus ever. It always looked crowded with erts and es. In those dramas, anyways. The nearest bus stop was two blocks down.

 

The sky was already pitch black. The street lights guided Aaron. The blood on Aaron's nose had dried up. Aaron touched his nose. It was probably going to be swollen.

 

Aaron arrived at the bus stop. Only then did he realize that it was very late and there weren't going to be anymore buses. Aaron's plane ticket was for the afternoon flight. He would have time to walk there.

 

Aaron loved walking out in the night. Even though it was a cold, breezy night, Aaron loved the peace and quiet. But then again, he was familiar with these surroundings. Would he still like walking out in the night if he was in foreign land?

 

Aaron had reached the west gate by now. He only had to walk another hour to reach the airport. Exercising for the long plane ride. He thought. Aaron laughed. Let the adventure begin.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aaron arrived at the airport at 4 o clock. The airports were now open 24/7. He walked in the airport and headed to the desk.

 

“Hello, how may I help you?” The secretary asked in a really high-pitched, innocent kind of voice.

 

“Uh, can I switch my plane ticket to the earliest flight?”

 

“But sir, that's against regulations..”

 

“Oh, please? No one's watching. It's a family emergency,” Well, it was true. He had to get to Canada quickly or else he'll bail out.

 

“Oh, okay,” Her long fingernails clicked on the keyboard. “Next flight departs at 5:00.”

 

“Thanks,” Aaron walked away, toward the terminal.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aaron was the first to get on the plane. He was the only passenger, to be exact. The flight attendants were busy preparing when Aaron went on board. Aaron picked a window seat, and fell asleep.

 

“I want a coke!” Aaron heard a little girl squeal. Aaron looked out the window. They were flying above the clouds. The sun was out, and it shone brightly. The view looked so beautiful. A breakfast tray was on his lap. It was a surprise that he didn't knock it over.

 

A stewardess walked by. “Oh, you woke up. I prepared breakfast for you, hope you enjoy! Extra ham and bacon for you,” She smiled and went to give a little girl coke.

 

A hand fell down on Aaron's lap, barely missing his tray of food. Aaron turned to yell at the person. A girl was in the seat beside Aaron, sleeping. She looked so peaceful. In her sleep she was smiling. She looked so beautiful.

 

Her head started falling onto Aaron's shoulder. Aaron's first instinct was to push her away. But who would want to wake up a beautiful lady in a peaceful sleep? Aaron leaned in closer so her head wouldn't fall of his shoulders.

 

Aaron started to eat his breakfast. The breakfast tasted plain, compared to the cook's standards. But the bacon, what was bacon? Was it the pink stuff? Aaron had never tried it before. He took a bite, and it crunched. It tasted oily, but also tasted of pork.

 

Aaron stared around the plane. They looked like they were all commoners. He would have to learn to be like them. A guy was picking his nose. Do all people pick their nose? Aaron didn't want to try.

 

Six hours had passed on the plane. Aaron couldn't wait to get off. He longed to run. His legs were numb for sitting too long, and the girl was still sleeping.