Gui Gui.

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

 

Hebe was so immersed in her book that she wasn't looking where she was heading. She tripped over a tree root but was still upright. Her mind was occupied now that the competition was drawing near. But her thoughts were always interrupted by the thought of Aaron. Where was he now, and why did he leave so suddenly? It has been almost a month.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Yo, Aaron, your stitches still need work!” Chun hollered to the back. He was clutching a pair of uneven jeans in one hand, and a perfect shirt in the other. Ella was far better than Aaron in this kind of work. Aaron was only good at managing Chun's finances. He was in the back now, calculating this month's profits.

 

Aaron appeared in the doorway. “It's been a month and our profits have been steadily improving. You know, you and Ella are the perfect team.”

 

Chun threw the ugly jeans at Aaron. “You had better practise sewing.”

 

“Sorry, I've got better things to do than pierce my hands. I've got to study, for one.”

 

“All this studying and we would think you're going to a contest.” Chun hurried back to the front counter to serve a group of girls.

 

“But I am,” Aaron said. He retreated back into his office. Chun had kept this room idle for so long Aaron had wondered how he kept the shop running. Everything was a mess. In there, Aaron opened up his book. It was time to study Canadian history. Aaron read on and on to the sound of the sewing machine next door, where Ella was sewing jackets.

 

Aaron barely woke up in time for the contest that was to be held today. He quickly showered and brushed his teeth, and headed out the door. Minimum budget meant that Aaron didn't eat breakfast. His five hundred dollars had gone to rent, and his pay was to food.

 

Aaron longed the luxurious life back at home, but he found that his body didn't even need that much food anyways. Aaron was driven by his desire to beat Chung Xin Yan.

 

Aaron walked all the way to his school. He looked like a disgrace to all rich people, with his un-ironed shirt and crumpled tie. The people he passed either gave him disapproving looks, or pretended he wasn't there.

 

He was ushered into the contestant room when he told the front he was participating. They looked particularly annoyed that Aaron was to be representing Starlit.

 

“For now, the top two contestants of the contest. Aaron Yan and Hebe Tian.”

 

Both contestants were aghast by the company of each other. They were to face each other in a contest.

 

Aaron regained his composure and pretended he didn't know Hebe. He shook her hand and returned to his side.

 

Hebe lingered on her spot for a moment before she headed back to her quarters.

 

Who led the Red River Rebellion in the 19th century?” The host asked. Aaron and Hebe pressed their signals in sync. Hebe was a little faster, though.

 

“Louis Riel.” Her voice rang loud and clear. She scored a point.

 

O,N,D,J,F. What goes next?” Hebe hesitated for a moment. Aaron was contemplating his answer when Hebe pressed her signal.

 

“M for March.” Ding Ding. Another point for her school.

 

(x+3)(x-8).. Multiply.

 

Math, Aaron was good at this. “x2-5x-24” Aaron received the point.

 

[ps: I don't know what questions should be on this thing, so I'll skip the questions and go to the end. I'm not in high school yet so I wouldn't know the level of difficulty.]

 

Another question was asked, Aaron got the point. Now a buzzer went off to indicate a break for the contestants. Aaron wanted to quickly evade Hebe, but Hebe had read his mind.

 

“Aaron Yan, stop right there!” Aaron felt a tug on his sleeve as Hebe obstructed his path.

 

“I don't know you.”

 

“Do I still remind you of your mother? Is that why you left?”

 

“It's none of your business, you wouldn't understand.” Aaron brushed her arm away from his arm.

 

“Aaron, why are you like this? I thought we were friends.”

 

“I was just using you. I was new, vulnerable, but now I will not let you drag me down.” With that, Aaron entered the men's washroom, leaving Hebe rooted to the spot.

 

Aaron didn't want to continue the contest. He had hurt Hebe and intended that she leave him be. Why did he enter this stupid competition anyways?

 

Just then, his phone vibrated in his pocket.

 

Hey, this is Gui. I'm back from modelling. Meet me at the front doors of your school.

 

How did Gui know where he was? Aaron didn't care, he was too excited. Gui was his first love, and maybe he still had a bit of feelings for her. He checked to see that Hebe was not outside, then booked it out the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hebe! You won! Shouldn't you be happy? Starlit forfeit!” Selina cheered. They were at Calvin's house for celebration for this year's double victory.

 

I totally squashed that guy..” Hebe heard Jiro tell Selina. Selina was listening not too intently. Jiro was recounting his day's events for the third time this evening.

 

I saw Aaron today.”

 

Jiro stopped his talking. That was a first.

 

He goes to Starlit. He was my opponent.”

 

Jiro, Calvin, and Selina prodded Hebe for more information. Chun and Ella were in the corner exchanging looks.

 

How is he?”
 

How did he look?”

 

He was smart?”

 

He said he used us.. me.”

 

That son of a b--” Chun was about to say. Ella cut him off, “What if he has his reasons?”
 

I think so too. But we didn't know him that well.” Hebe's eyes started b with tears.

 

“Well, we're just going to have to pay him a visit to find out.” Jiro suggested.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“... So your dad told me where you were. I've been looking for you everywhere!” Gui Gui hugged Aaron. Aaron returned the embrace, but he couldn't help but let his mind wander. He wondered if Hebe will ever forgive Aaron if he told him his reason.

 

“I missed you so much! We could go to the same school together now! Which school do you go to?”

 

“If it's fine for you, Gui, I'll go back to my house. You can come over if you want.”

 

Aaron led Gui to his house. She gasped at the sight of his trashy house. She was also confused why he didn't have any food in his fridge.

 

“I just need to go to the washroom.” Gui Gui quickly hurried and shut the door. In there, she got out her phone and texted “Has feelings for poor girl.” to an unknown number. The receiver at the other end was furious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys! I think this story is going nowhere and I just wanted to speed it up. Sorry for not updating in a while, but hope this chapter isn't too bad. Please comment and tell me what you think!