Chun Xing Yan

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

Aaron stormed into the high rise building that contained his dad's world-wide company.

 

“How may I help you, sir?” The secretary at the front desk asked. It seemed to him that she winked. He sensed that getting in would be easy, even without the use of his name.

 

Aaron leaned over on the desk. He purposely made his face inches away from her face. He could feel that she was blushing. “I'm here to see Chung Xin Yan.”

 

“But, do you have an appoint---,”

 

Aaron put his hand gently over . She started breathing faster. “Shh, don't worry. It's a surprise for him. When do you get off work?”

 

He took his hand off for her to reply. He took this time to study her. Short, flat, but pretty hair.

 

“Five,”

 

“Great, see you later,” Aaron thought he heard a giggle, but he wasn't sure. Aaron really liked his good looks. His eyes were like his mom's. Too bad he wasn't tall.

 

Aaron walked toward the escalator. Even that was made of glass. From inside, Aaron could stare at the tops of the high rise buildings. His dad had a permanent office at the top of the building. God knows what he does there. Probably cheating with another woman.

 

Aaron stepped out of the elevator. His father was right there. His arm was around a woman's waist.

 

“I knew you would come.” His dad chuckled.


“Then you also knew that my mom wanted you!” Aaron yelled. He tried to maintain his cool, it didn't work. “You also knew that she was dying. You also knew that you had a son who wanted you with her!”

 

The lady walked away to his office. She left Aaron and Chung Xin alone in the hallway.

 

“Your mom was not worthy of me losing billions of money. I had a very important meeting with Zhou Yao Enterprises. I couldn't miss that,” His dad stressed 'couldn't'.

 

“IS SHE NOT WORTHY OF YOU? YOU DESPICABLE--” Aaron rushed at his dad with all his power. He raised his fist. He was trembling with anger. His dad grabbed his arm.

 

“What, you're weak both emotionally AND physically.”

 

Aaron still kept trying to punch him. Sooner or later his dad would be tired.

 

“YOU and your mom are not fit to be living. Look at you, you're a disgrace to the Yan.”

 

“YOU BASTARD!” Aaron broke free from Chung and kicked him in the stomach. His dad chuckled, and threw him off. Aaron landed on a vase, and it shattered under his weight.

 

“You need to learn manners. Elders are always right. You are too weak to be my son. I need to give you training. Tomorrow morning you have to vanish from my sight.”

 

“What? To where?” Aaron has never left his house before. But then again, he had never been motherless.

 

“To Canada. There, you can learn how to be stronger. Maybe after you would be worthy to be my son. You could never survive there.”

 

Aaron thrived on dares. He had to take the dare.

 

“Fine, for how long?”

 

“3 years.”

 

“After that, you HAVE to let me be the heir of this company.” Aaron had to show that he was just as strong as his dad. He had to fight for his mom, too.

 

“We'll see,” And with that, Chung Xin went back to his office, as if Aaron didn't kick him, as if any of this didn't happen.

 

Aaron punched the wall. His dad had better watch out. He was going to come back and beat him.