Chapter five: New Neighbor

Meet The Doomed

HWAYOUNG POV

I look at him, it was. . . Kim Myungsoo. I nod my head and took another small bite out of the cookie.

“Then why are you eating it?” he said and I glare at him, because I’m hungry and I haven’t eaten yet.

“There’s a dozen more, you can have any.” I told him and took another bite out of the cookie but a little bit bigger.

“But what if I wanted that one?” He said and pointed to the cookie I was eating. I glare at him and look down at the tray.

“Well that’s too--” I started but then he took the cookie out of my mouth and stuffed it in his own mouth.

“Yah, why do you always do that?” I said and stood in a position with my hands on my hips.

“Why do you let me?" He said in response and I glare at him. He gets another cookie and took a big bite, I watch him until his last bite. As he takes his last bite, I grab the remaining cookie from his hand and shoved it in my mouth with my other hand I pushed him back in his house and I ran.

"SEE YOU AT SCHOOL." I yelled as I ran to my lawn.

"YAH KWON HWAYOUNG" he yelled back and I opened the door and ran to the living room. Phew I got away-- just when that thought entered my brain, Myungsoo barges through the door.

"HWAYOUNG" he yelled and walked in the kitchen. This is my chance. I ran from the living room to the stairs but Myungsoo saw me and ran after me. I was up the second flight of stairs then I left someone's hand on my waist.

"Ah! AHHH!" I yelled and he put me up his shoulder.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo!" I yelled at him and he stops.

"Stop moving." He replied and jumped off the stair case.

"What are going to do?" I said and tried to get free, "I just did what you did! Plus there were OTHER COOKIES." I continued to yell at him and finally he let me go but slammed me on the wall.

"Yah. Yah. Yah!" He said and pinned my hands on the wall.

"You don't push me," he whispered in my right ear and I shiver by his voice in my ear, “then run away from me because you don’t know what I am capable of.” He continued and shivers went up my spine and down my back.

"S-So what you’re saying is that I shouldn’t mess with you?” I said and looked at him deeply.

“Yeah...” That’s all he said, “Then how about this attitude...Oh Myungsoo I love you so much, I would never hurt you. I would never ever steal your food...blahblahblah, junk like that?” I continued after his reply earning a glare from him.

“I was thinking something like this...” He said and I look at him confusingly then I felt this feeling of energy.

“OH MY GOD, L, DID I HURT YOU BADLY? I’M SO SORRY FOR EATING YOUR COOKIE! I DON’T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME, I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE ME. PLEASE, OH PRETTY PLE--what the fu--YAH KIM MYUNGSOO!” I screamed at him and punched his chest with all my might, which made him release me so I bolted up my room.

Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Yah, open the door!” I heard him yell and I look over that my window. Man why did my room have to be up on the second floor? I thought and searched for a place to hide. Then suddenly...the knocking stopped, I reach for the knob. Wait what if he’s tricking me? He’s probably waiting for me outside my door... Those thoughts came in my mind, I then put my ear need to the door. I heard nothing, so I just got ready to go to school and changed into an outfit.

Then later in Science class I see Myungsoo come in later in the period.

Mr. Jee doesn’t mind because he was helping other students but I continued the lab from yesterday. I act like here isn’t here when he stood next to me. I feel him look at me but I kept my focus on the lab.

“Yah...YAH, KWON HWAYOUNG!” He yelled and grabbed my wrist. He turned me to face him but all he looked at was my scarred cheek.

“Stop looking at my cheek.” I demanded and shrugged off his grasp.

“But...” “But nothing...we didn’t get to finish it becau--...lets just finish it now.” I said and took the chemicals, really carefully, but my hands were shaking too much that I couldn’t pour it.

“Let me do i--” “I can do it myself” I interrupted him and I feel his stare at me.

Myungsoo roughly placed down the beaker, from my hand, just incase if I were to drop the toxic substance.

“Just let me do i--”

“I GOT IT--”

“I DON’T WANT YOU TO GET HURT AGAIN.”

“Why do YOU care?”

“Bec... Fine, just hurt yourself again.” He said and I took the beaker in my shaky hands again. “Yah Hwayoung, steady your hands-” Then Myungsoo grabbed onto my hand to keep it steady and we both poured it in the cup. Then the bell rang and my stare with Myungsoo slowly disappeared.

 

As I walk into Worlds class I see Woohyun throwing imaginary hearts at me.

Then I see Sungjong smack him on the head like what he does to his stuffed animals when he’s stressed.

I smile and sat in the middle of Sungjong and Woohyun.

“So how’s your day going Hwayoung?” Sungjong asked me and I smile at him in reply to his question.

“Are you sad baby?” Woohyun asked and I shot him a glare and he pouted and does aegyo.

“I’m fine...” I said and the teacher spoke up. Am I alright? I don’t know, what is this feeling? I really don’t like it, I am like avoiding my good friends. It’s all Myungsoo’s fault...Myungsoo, why do you care so much? I thought as the teacher told us about the project.

 

In Power class I really didn’t want to see Myungsoo so I went to the nurse to lay down because I really didn’t know what I was feeling. I was tired and my cheek hurts a little, the little scraps on my arms and legs were itchy. I decided to just stay there for awhile until I felt better.

            “Joesonghabnida, seonsaengnim.” I said and bowed at the door of the camp. I see Myungsoo look at me but I avoided and sat on the other side. I look at the teacher then Myungsoo caught my eye, he’s mouthing words to me.

Why are you late?

I was at the nurse.

WHAT? Did you get-

Calm down, I just needed a rest.

Why are you sitting way over there?

I wanted to...

Come over here.

No, I don’t want to get in trou--

“Miss Kwon, what are you doing?” Seonsaengnim said, “First late to my class, then disrup--”

“It was me, Seonsaengnim... Mian.” Myungsoo stood up and said then sat back down. Then seonsaengnim went back to teaching.

You’re welcome

Thank you...

After the class ended I went and apologized to Seonsaengnim again just to avoid Myungsoo. I walk out to the Mind tent to find Zelo. I look in the room and saw him with two other guys. I knew one of them were Bang but who was the other...he seems so familiar---

“Hwayoung...right?” He said then turned around and a nervous smile comes to my face.