Thump, Thump..

Just Another Pain..

 

 

Donghae POV
“isn’t this a bit of a weird request Mr.Lee?” Yesung hyung’s surgeon, Dr. Kang asked me as I passed him a CD, S.H.E hit single, back in 2009.
I smiled to him before I answer with. “The lyrics says… thump thump.. I wish our Yesung hyung’s heart will respond to these lyrics and regain its….. life back”.
He smiled to me before nodding and I sighed at the sight of the auto door leading to the E.R closing.
“am…. Ah…. Uhm…. Am late… damn it….” I looked to my side to see Siwon’s face drenched with sweat, he rubbed his forehead in frustration.
 
Luna sat down, fingers crossed…. Praying is all what she can count on for now.
Before I could approach Siwon I saw Mrs. Kim holding his arm and he turned to her side.
I crossed my arms while monitoring the two. I saw her rubbing his arms up and down, not that I find it fishy or so because she always has been a nice lady, although Yesung hyung will insist she is just a hypocrite and a top class actress.. I wondered, if he will ever open up as to why does he treat his mother this way… why does he.. despise her?
“Hae….” Zhoumi called me, interrupting my trial of thoughts.
I looked at him.
“what is Siown doing here? You told me you guys lost contact long time ago.”
I shrugged my shoulders.
“we did, it’s just that when I came to visit yesterday just as soon as I arrived from Canada he was here, hanging around with Yesung hyung….”
Zhoumi nodded, I can tell from his expression that he was still curious as to how did these two end up knowing each other.. not that he hated Siwon.. I knew from him earlier today that Siwon’s elder sis is his co-worker.. he liked her.. they are close.. but, he was struggling within himself though.. Zhoumi… was in love.. always been… with Yesung hyung..
End of POV
~~~~~
Luna POV
I was glad… really glad that my oppa had so many loving friends in his life..
“so what? Your friends since…” both Zhoumi and Hae oppa asked in unison.
“24 hours ago” Siwon replied with his bright dimpled smile.
Zhoumi sighed and Hae narrowed his eyes to the taller guy.
Siwon lost his smile in the following second before he looked at me with questioning eyes.
“how long has he been undergoing the treatment?”
“almost 11 years by now…” he darted his eyes to the ground.
“isn’t it weird for you to care to the point of joining us in such a critical day, when you two can’t even be called friends?” Zhoumi oppa asked in a stiff tone.
Siwon was about to reply when mom walked to our side with a cup of coffee in her hand, she passed him to Siwon and all of us looked at her in confusion.
“so… Siwon-ssi… you said.. your 27?” Mom asked, throwing a smile at Siwon.
“mm.. yeah.. am turning 28 on April…”
“ah… and you are a high school graduate?” she asked and he looked a bit nervous.
“well, yeah.. I couldn’t continue my higher studies because my dad…..” his expression changed into a blank one…. “Because of some family matters”.
Mom’s facial expression darkens all of a sudden and I felt a bit annoyed as how could mom pour all her attention on someone else who’s not her own son at such a time… Siwon oppa looked a bit uneasy because of the way she has been treating him too, I was planning to drag mom aside to question her weird attitude when the auto door of the ER spread open revealing Dr. Kang and his assistant surgeons, we all ran quickly to his side as he rubbed the back of his neck before scanning through us until his eyes focused on Hae oppa. He smiled before saying.
“your method worked out Mr. Lee.. it did thump.. and I don’t think he will need any more surgical intervention for the next 2 years.. the surgery was a huge success.. congratulation everyone.”
End of POV
Later that night, everyone gathered in Yesung’s room, it was more of a farewell party as Yesung was happily drifting away from his mate for the past 11 years… Intensive care’s cold, dully bedroom..
“so its really a goodbye…?” Yesung asked with a bright expression.
“it is… just make sure you don’t overwork that poor heart of yours hyungiee…” Hae said while feeding Yesung some orange slices.
“am so glad I can see your smile once again…” Zhoumi said, sitting on the edge of Yesung’s bed before circling his shoulders.
Yesung smiled once again before looking at the exact same person who has been silent all along, just standing in a corner of the room, staring at him with a hesitant smile.
“is your band member okay? He looks pale.” Yesung asked Hae who turned to look at Siwon.
“yaaah.. choi.. come here.. am done feeding this old man with a broken heart, ur shift…” he said and Luna laughed.
“shall I ? what if he like it? Am not gonna babysit a 29 years old grumpy man…” Siwon said, regaining his bright smile as he walked closer to Yesung’s bed.
“you really think I will allow some random stranger to look after me?”
“Hae said you have a broken heart.. what If this random stranger is willing to heal it up for you”
“I dare you”
“challenge accepted”
They both grinned and Zhoumi stood up all of a sudden gaining everyone’s attention.
“hyung… once you recover, let’s have an outing together, I live and work in a very nice neighbourhood, you’re gonna like it there…” Zhoumi said, trying to distract Yesung from that bet-deal he just had with Siwon.
~~~~~
And that how it was..
It took Yesung around 6 days to regain his balance and strength to go out and walk on his legs without the need of someone’s support or even clutches.
 
“and to love again?” Zhoumi asked as they both walked out of Zhoumi’s place.. it was the day where Yesung decided to spend with one of his closest friends.
“why do you always bring this up?”
“this?”
“love issues…”
“how can love and issue be paired in a sentence hyung?”
“love is all about issues, pain and heart-ache Mi.. how old are you again? Will you even stop being a teen and start viewing life from a perspective of a grown up man?”
“there is no such thing as sanity and mental growth in love hyung.. it’s all about madness.. all we all need is basically.. to jump in…”
“I would rather jump off a bridge rather than having this conversation with you” Yesung added before they both burst in laughter.
“we are here..” Zhoumi pointed out as they arrived to the café next to Zhoumi’s work place.
20 minutes later, Donghae joined in.
“I thought you’re busy with your new girl group.” Yesung commented sarcastically.
“Hae is the best when it comes to picking up good figures for his business in showbiz industry, I wonder how come he hasn’t been in a relationship for almost 3 years now!” Zhoumi said with a smile before taking a sip of his coffee.
Hae huffed at his friends before resting his jaw on his hand and looking outside through the transparent window toward the street.
“today the breeze is kinda cold…” Hae murmured. Yesung then looked at the same direction his friend was focusing his sight on when an unexpected scene played before his eyes.
“oh!! isn’t that Siwon???” Hae asked before smiling and exchanging looks with his other two friends…. Zhoumi eyes were rather focused on Yesung who followed the taller guy with his eyes… the way he walked backward, a guitar is hanged in a cross manner over his chest and a queue of 6 to 7 kids following him, moving their tiny lips in a rythmatic way… more like..
“singing….??” Hae asked.
“yeah.. Siwon often hang around with the kids in our neighbourhood after school each in a while, he gather them around and start singing along with them while playing on his guitar….” Zhoumi added as the three of them now were standing on the cross side of the playground were Siwon and the kids settled in a circular manner with him in the centre of the circle, positioning his long, slim fingers on top of the strings..
He closed his eyes, unaware of the three pairs of eyes watching him closely, some are admiring…. Some are whatever-ing… and some are, in confusion…

From the start, we did not fit..
Always starting fights, always frustrating the other..

It's really strange, 
Unknowingly our hearts connected..
If you aren't by my side, I'll miss you like crazy ..
A special person to me, a gift that 
moved my heart, 
The way you came to me, why are you so likable ..?

Because of you, 
This heart of mine, goes thump..thump
I only love you, the words my heart wants to say out loud..
When you face me with closed eyes, 
The trembling me with puckered lips ..
For you to hold me in your arms, it's my dream ..

That day I waited for you while pretending to be asleep, 
Compared to my heartbeat, I heard your heart beating louder..
Want to hide it but I can't, even in dreams it's the same, 
The one person 
who's more important than anything else
~~~~~
Yesung POV
I squeezed my eyes shut as the pain in my chest attacked me out of nowhere..
“hyung………!!” both Zhoumi and Hae held my arms.
I pressed my hand in the middle of my chest… it was hurting… I can hear my own heart beats…
“its 110…” I heard Hae saying in panic as he read the number on the watch attached to my left hand’s waist indicating the rate of my heart beats..
“it’s too high… way off of the 60-90 range… hyung…just…. Just what happened???” Zhoumi asked and I felt my throat blocking the air from passing by.
A resonance sound of an instrument’s strings echoed in my head walls’ as I sensed a quickened footsteps approaching my side, I felt dizzy the moment that familiar pair of arms enveloped my unbalanced body in a shaky motion.
“stubborn idiot….” I heard him yell before I locked my eyes with his worried ones.
“that song…..” I murmured, feeling my dizziness fading away.
The three of them looked at me in confusion.
“sing it for me… one more time….” I said, feeling my chest clench at the request..
I saw his worried gazes turning into ….. confused ones ..
“hyung…?” was it Hae? I couldn’t tell.. the tiresome that attacked me just a minute ago shocked my mental system…
“home… take me home Donghae…” I said before falling into my knees.
End of POV

~~~~~
“Choi… Kiho???”
“yes…. That guy… he is Kiho’s younger son… Choi Siwon….”
“so…. You were right, his children manage to show up after all…”
“they did.. and am not going to lose Siwon the way I lost his dad… I need to keep him as close as possible.. whether my own children approves it or not.. what I didn’t get to have with Kiho, I’ll have it with Siwon… get me his contact info right away… starting tomorrow, we’ll have a new general manager aside from Yesung… email all the staff, we will be having an urgent meeting 2 days from today… am announcing the news in everyone’s presence… Yesung on top of that list….”
~~~~~

 

 

TBC~~

 

A.N: for those of you who wached the hit Korean drama ''The greatest love'' this isn't a fanfiction version of it or a re-make, the heart-beat idea is similar but its just one part of the story its not the entire drama rewritten as a yewon fic :D just so you know ^^