‘why does it have to be you?’

Just Another Pain..

 

KiBum POV

‘’does this make any sense to you? Like seriously? A high school graduate is candidate for a general manager position in a huge trading company? And what are your qualifications? You at math hyung!’’ I said as I the engine, while Siwon hyung seated himself on the passenger seat next to me, heading to Kim’s Trading company.

He sighed before passing his hand through his hair.

‘’I know Bum-ah, her offer startled me too, Aliee though was jumping up and down and is ready to party it up, I used to be so good in economics & finance in high school. But that was like 9 years ago, I really don’t know if I can carry on with this job.’’

‘’you shouldn’t have accepted at the first place.’’ I frowned, ‘’I don’t get this woman at all, she is running the business of such a great company, why hiring someone with zero expertise?’’

I gave him a side look and saw him smiling.

‘’what are you so happy about? You didn’t agree to the weird offer to burn their company down, did you hyung?’’ and he laughed.

‘’its his mother, and their company, remember when I told you I have this strong urge to know more about this guy…’’

‘’the one with a broken heart?’’ I asked.

‘’and captivating eyes…. Laughter…… even his pout is lovable…’’ he said with a soft tone.

‘’OH DEAR LORD hyung you can’t be serious…’’ I said and he smiled once again before averting his eyes to the side window, immersed in thoughts of…

‘’so your lovely broken-heart hyung is the general manager and the one in charge of the finance department..!! Interesting..’’ I said sarcastically as we were asked to wait for Mrs.Kim to finish a meeting with a client before we can get in.

‘’is he?’’ Siwon hyung asked with a faked surprised expression.

‘’ughhhhhh’’ I was getting impatient with his annoying-self today.

We were interrupted by Mrs.Kim’s secretary telling Siwon hyung to go in as his new boss is now free to meet up with him.

‘’good luck…’’ I said with a lazy tone.

He shot me with his usual dimpled smile before patting my shoulder and walking in.

End of POV

 

15 minutes later

 

‘’what do you mean you don’t want to get any salary? Siwon-ssi this is an official job in a highly successful company with high reputation..’’ Mrs.Kim said, sounding irritated.

Siwon nodded.

‘’I know Mrs.Kim, but again, I told you that my C.V is very weak, I never worked in the business field, my background on business is merely from the few courses I took back in high school, how is that gonna be enough to take over a general manager position, does that make any sense to, even you?’’

‘’you won’t be running the department alone, Jongwoon will help you…’’ she noticed Siwon confusion with the name.

‘’Yesung, my son, will be working with you, you guys are going to be co-managers… he is quite good, he studied business and majored in finance in the U.K but then, his health status is fluctuating, that’s why he needs someone else’s help to run the job, as for your lacking of expertise, he will help you overcoming that in a matter of weeks to a month or two…’’

Siwon looked a bit dark.

‘’are you sure he is okay with having an assistant to run the department?’’

She swallowed before rubbing the back of her neck.

‘’he tend to be grumpy at times, but you guys are friends right? I saw you the other day on the hospital and you looked like you’re getting along pretty well.’’

‘’Well, this is work Mrs.Kim, in a work field people tend to be cautious and unfriendly and many other things that aren’t necessarily ‘’flowery’’ because it’s a competitive field after all…’’

‘’but you are not here to compete….’’

‘’yeah… am not, but then, please accept my request of not getting any salary, I spent the last 5 years of my life enjoying voluntary work, all types of it, this one might be more challenging and less enjoyable but I would still like to view it as voluntary job.’’

She sighed before standing up, in which Siwon respond to, with standing up as well, then walking to his side, facing him, before she pat his shoulder.

‘’as you wish, but then if we get this issue with the Jung’s corporation sorted out, you will get a reward, so will, all the employees of this company.’’ He smiled before nodding and she caressed his cheek in which he awkwardly replied with an equally awkward smile.

 

Luna helped Yesung getting out of the car, in which he assured her he can do all by himself.

‘’are you sure?’’ she asked in worry.

He smiled before patting her head.

‘’yes Luna, am JUST fine, now would you plz go back home? I will call you if I need anything, so there is no point of getting worried okay?’’

She looked at him for a minute and he gave her an assuring smile, and when she was about to get into the car, she noticed a familiar figure walking out of the company.

‘’oh… isn’t that…. ‘’

And Yesung turned to look at the direction she’s pointing at.

‘’Si…won?’’ he finished off.

~~~

‘’oh wow.. see who is standing there, looking at you…’’ Kibum elbowed Siwon and the taller of the two smiled widely as his eyes locked with those of the…

‘’broken-heart hyung? What a coincidence..’’ he greeted as they stood facing each other.

‘’coincidence…’’ Yesung crossed his arms. ‘’ you didn’t come here to sing for me right? Couldn’t you wait until the weekend, it can’t be that you are stalking me….’’ Yesung asked with a grin.

Siwon pretend to be thinking it through.

‘’well, rather than stalking, what if I kinda like you? And wanna keep you around’’ he attacked. Kibum and Luna looked suspiciously at the other two.

Yesung let out a dry laugh.

‘’okay then Mr,admirer, did you finish the stalking round for today?’’

‘’no really it wasn’t intended, but I wouldn’t complain, we might also run into each other quite often from now on.’’ He added, staring deeply into Yesung eyes to get to see the other guy a bit uncomfortable; which will be a sign that he might start taking Siwon’s words of admiration seriously.

‘’how come? You won’t gather the employees and sing for them like you do with kids, is it?’’ Yesung asked, trying to look around, as Siwon deep gazes are making him uncomfortable.

‘’he was offered a job…’’ Kibum tried to cut off the gazes war between the two.

‘’really?’’ Luna asked in amazement.

‘’well, yeah, Mrs. Kim offered me a good job and I really couldn’t-‘’

‘’YOU…..’’ Yesung unfold his arms from against his chest and pointed to Siwon.

‘’you are the to-be the assistant general manager for the finance department….’’

Siwon lost his smile as he quite expected such reaction from the elder.

‘’yes… that’s the title of his new job…’’ Kibum looked a bit confused as to why Yesung looked so shocked; his mother surely did inform him about the newcomer, didn’t she?

‘’oppa…. Are you okay?’’ Luna held Yesung’s arm and the elder pushed her hands away.

‘’am fine….. go home….i … will… call you later…’’ he said in stuttering matter, he gave one last faint look to both Kibum and Siwon before passing them, making his way to the entrance gate.

Siwon followed the elder with his eyes until he disappeared from his sight.

‘’why did he get so furious?’’ Kibum asked Luna.

Luna sighed before looking at Siwon with a…. disgust look?

‘’oppa.. when you said you are woon oppa’s friend I believed you, you two surely get along pretty well, which like never happened before as he only have two close friends since his childhood days, Hae and Zhoumi oppas.. but then, you two knew each other for so little time, he looked happy though, he let you in, he, and for once wasn’t the panicking Jongwoon he always have been, I thought you might be the one to break the barrier he built and trapped himself behind, well, you did well in tricking us in such a short period of time, and here you are, getting what you want in an exceptional period of time… congratulations..’’ she gave Kibum a side look before getting into the car and signalling for the driver to drive off.

Later that night

 

Yesung stopped by Hae place, as he felt quite depressed, Hae offered him a drink.

‘’so you two end up fighting and she is insisting on hiring him….’’ Hae poured Yesung some champagne as the two were seated on the couch across the TV.

 

Yesung nodded as he recalled his not-so-friendly conversation with his mom earlier that day.

 

‘’Siwon! Are you kidding me!!’’

‘’I thought you will be happy, isn’t he a friend of yours!’’

‘’he is not! And what if he was, you think I will risk the company future for a friend’s sake… you can’t be in your right mind..’’

‘’he will need few instructions, just watch over him and he will be of a great help!’’

‘’what the hell are you saying? Are you even listening to yourself, his C.V might afford him a solo episode in a documentary channel for voluntary work, he has zero expertise in business field, do you want to shut the company down…’’

‘’I am the boss, and am telling you he will STAY and will work by your side, if you don’t want the company to shut down, teach him well, so we can get through this issue with the Jung’s with the minimum possible amount of loss…’’

‘’so instead of getting a loan to sort this out, you dragged a useless yet hot and young to-be general manager to this company so you can jump into bed with him…. are you even human?’’

And she slapped him, once… twice…. And pushed him away harshly.

‘’this is MY company, and you are working under me, if you want to be jobless, and bankrupt quit the job and I can run this all without you, what so great about a pathetic, sick, arrogant bastard like you anyway… I wish I could disown you, my life will be 100 times less miserable…’’

Yesung cleared his throat, trying to distract himself from the tightness he felt inside his chest.

‘’this is a bit confusing though, Siwon never shown any interest to work on the business field before.’’ Hae said, crossing his arms.

‘’who wouldn’t if it’s offered by someone whose willing to pay him as much as he will be pleased with and grant all his wishes.’’ Yesung said with a grin.

‘’Siwon isn’t that type of a person hyung…’’

‘’when money is involved, we turn into people we don’t even know they existed within us… Hae’’

‘’I thought you liked him…’’

‘’why would you think so? Coz he showed up the day of my surgery? I asked him to, so you won’t be alone..’’ Yesung said, while sipping his champagne.

‘’I will talk him over…’’ Hae said, patting Yesung’s shoulder.

‘’let him be, it will be more fun now… I can grantee you, he will get zero money from my pocket, and a psychiatrist to sort out the mental issues he will surely suffer from because of his yesung-hyung…’’ he grinned before passing out on Hae’s embrace.

 

~~~

Hae took off Yesung’s jacket and laid the elder on his bed before pulling up the blanket up to his hyung’s chest. He stared at him for a minute.

This is all happening so fast..

Siwon isn’t someone to be cautious of..

But then, hyung you ARE..

You, were SO nice to him, for someone you barely know..

But here you are, threatening to take his mentality away..

Why do you never have any luck..?

Shall I talk Siwon over?

Shall I worry of you two being involved in such a game?

Does it really have to be like this?

 

~~~

Mrs. Kim drank some of the cold water, placed on that transparent cup in front of her before looking at her right, where Assistant Soo was seated, he gave her an assuring smile before turning his gaze to the new comer who had a blank expression, and seemed to be stealing glances at his to-be assistant every now and then.

‘’so Mrs. President your saying that the candidate person to work side by side with manager Kim is experience-less?’’

‘’how can this be of any help to the company?’’

‘’the Jung’s are trying to push us aside and dominate the market.’’

‘’this isn’t the type of decisions you usually make Mrs. President…’’

And similar comments kept flowing, receiving an overwhelming feeling of inconvenience from everyone except him….

‘’I apologize to all of you sunbaniems, but I object to all of what you are saying..’’ Yesung stood up, gaining the attention of everyone in the meeting hall, including Siwon, who looked at him in confusion.

He walked slowly across the round table, heading to stand next to the new comer.

‘’I am sure, Mrs. President is quite aware of the validity of her choice, and the success to be earned from making such a decision, let’s all give a chance for Mr. Choi to prove us all wrong, and help the Kim trading company to sort out its critical issue against the Jung’s corporation, so that, maybe… one day he will reach the peak, and push aside all of us…’’ and he leaned in, before turning Siwon’s wheeled chair so the taller can face him..’’ including you….’’ He said, facing Siwon, before pointing to his mother. ‘’Mrs. President.’’

Silence filled the previously noisy room, and Mrs.Kim hands closed in into fists as she glared at her son.

‘’why are you being like this?’’ Siwon asked him more like a whisper.

Yesung turned his focus to Siwon once again, their faces too close, noses almost touching.

‘’Aren’t you fond of voluntary job? Well,…’’ and he held the cup of water placed in front of Siwon. ‘’welcome to your new voluntary job…..’’ and he abruptly splashed the cold water right on Siwon’s face, receiving gasps from everyone in the room. ‘’in HELL..’’ he added before making his way out of the hall.

 

~~~

‘’when does the meeting ends?’’ Hae asked as he talked to Yesung’s secretary.

‘’am not sure Sir, but it started 30 minutes ago, it will probably end in 10 more minutes.’’ She added with a smile and he nodded.

Hae decided to go grab a coffee from the coffee-machine until Yesung finished his urgent meeting.

He just walked out of Yesung’s office when he was welcomed by obviously annoyed Yesung, and Siwon…… well, more of a drenched Siwon walking after him, trying to grab a hold of him.

‘’Yesung STOP..’’ Siwon called for the other who ignored him.

He then walked faster and managed to hold Yesung’s right arm, turning him around in a quick movement.

‘’Let go of me Choi..’’ Yesung snapped out.

‘’can’t you just listen to me for a minute…’’ Siwon looked desperate.

‘’I am not in the mood to listen to whatever bull you are planning to say so LET GO…’’

‘’why? Why are you being like this? Am not your enemy, am not anyone’s enemy…’’

‘’you’re a pathetic er… you played it right with mom but not with me, am gonna crash you, no one is gonna steal away my family’s properties, my father begged me to protect my family and protecting this company is part of it… I still can’t….’’ and he stopped struggling with Siwon’s hold on him. ‘’ I don’t understand why does it have to be you?’’ his voice cracking as his eyes showed slight sadness, he felt his heart shrinking in his chest… his heart-beat watch buzzing against his wrist… its reading… 105… its off safety-range yet once again!

Siwon held the elder’s other arm and brought him closer.

‘’you are prejudging me so harshly Yesung, did you even read what I texted you last night? Yes I loved voluntary work, I kind of dedicated my life for it, but then, when given a chance to do what I always loved with someone…. I really want to love, how can I say no to such an offer?’’ he said, sincerity radiating from his eyes.

Yesung looked confused with Siwon’s words.. his breathing chocked… the watch reads… 115..

‘’text…? Which text….?’’ And he felt a hand tapping his shoulder, and Siwon’s hands slipping down his arms.

‘’hyung…. ‘’ Hae called weakly before smiling to Yesung and averting his eyes to Siwon before letting out a sigh.

 

 

*flash back*

I was about to leave the room not to disturb Yesung hyung’s sleep when I heard his phone ringing in a notification of a…

‘’new text message’’ I read on the screen, as I took off the phone from the pocket of Yesung hyung’s hanged jacket…

Mr.Stalker??

I was planning to put the phone on silent mood when curiosity won over my ethics urging me to read what Mr. Stalker sent to Hyung past midnight…

I opened the text and my eyebrows met in confusion…

‘’hyung…. I know, you are mad at me, but, this is not an issue we can’t talk it out and get it done with, right? You can’t hate me before giving me a chance to let you know… as to why I accepted this offer…

I want to be there.. next to you.. always by your side..

I am not a flirt, nor a bouncy hunter, I follow my instincts, always going with the flow of my feelings… and they are telling me to stick to this guy, whether he liked it or not.. whether he liked you or not..

We are still meeting this weekend on Zhoumi’s place right?

Plz get back to me once you read this… we, really need to talk…

Siwon’’

 

*End of flashback*

 

TBC~~

 

A.N: Hi there guys, well, i noticed that the number of views to this story is good but the subsciption and comments are VERY VERY low compared to the ones am getting on livejournal, so if this keeps going i will have to stick to posting my story on livejournal and delete if from AFF coz its dispapointing when you try your best to write a good story for people who are either not-reading or reading but not showing any support, how am i supposed to know wether you like this story or not if you don't tell me so? plz leave some comments so i can improve my writing, otherwise i will stick to my readers in livejournal, coz seriously this is a bit depressing..